Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 07:37:43 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] Block Erupter USB @ 0.20 BTC + parcel -> Shipping to anywhere!  (Read 54546 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
astutiumRob

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2013, 11:13:50 PM

I will also work in accordance the UK laws, including produce legal instruments to secure the customers rights.
Well, I did not decided about the invoice, but I could emit an invoice as sole trader.
At ~£200 each if you get lots of "agreed order", you're likely to get close to the VAT threshold - are you registered for UK VAT ?

www.astutium.com - domains | hosting | vps | servers | cloud - proud to accept bitcoins. UK colocation for BFL and KNC ASICs in Tier3+ DC
Register Domains with BTC
Want to make some bitcoins ? Miner on ebay | Buy GH/s
augustocroppo (OP)
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 01:07:46 AM

I will also work in accordance the UK laws, including produce legal instruments to secure the customers rights.
Well, I did not decided about the invoice, but I could emit an invoice as sole trader.
At ~£200 each if you get lots of "agreed order", you're likely to get close to the VAT threshold - are you registered for UK VAT ?

No, I am not registered for VAT in UK.

A order of 300 units with all estimated expenses included would cost at the moment 627.63857304 BTC. That is equivalent to 45886.54 GBP in accordance with the actual Mt.Gox rate, which is below the threshold for registration:

https://www.gov.uk/vat-registration-thresholds

Circumstance   Threshold
VAT registration   £79,000 or more
astutiumRob

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2013, 02:47:28 AM

A order of 300 units with all estimated expenses included would cost at the moment 627.63857304 BTC

(300 * 1.99) + vat = 716.40 excluding the customs handling charges. Before any outbound postal costs to get to the end-users etc.

Customs declaration will have to be for their local ccy equivalent of the sender, so the CNY amount on the day of shipping - who knows what BTC will equate to at that point, but if it's ~£100 you'll have to register for VAT

www.astutium.com - domains | hosting | vps | servers | cloud - proud to accept bitcoins. UK colocation for BFL and KNC ASICs in Tier3+ DC
2weiX
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005

this space intentionally left blank

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 09:43:44 AM

In for two units
augustocroppo (OP)
VIP

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 11:10:23 AM

(300 * 1.99) + vat = 716.40 excluding the customs handling charges. Before any outbound postal costs to get to the end-users etc.

Customs declaration will have to be for their local ccy equivalent of the sender, so the CNY amount on the day of shipping - who knows what BTC will equate to at that point, but if it's ~£100 you'll have to register for VAT

I have already call the HMRC and I was informed that I will pay a VAT of 20% over the total product value declared by the sender. I do not have to register for VAT to pay the customs clearance. So what really matter is the price declared by the sender in the CN22 form which must come along with the package.
yxt
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 1116

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 11:17:50 AM

even if you know that the declared price is fined  Wink  Huh

BTCKano Pool██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██
██
██
██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
augustocroppo (OP)
VIP

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 12:39:07 PM

even if you know that the declared price is fined  Wink  Huh

I am sorry, I did not understand the question. Could you reformulate it?
yxt
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 12:55:02 PM

sorry, english is not my native language.

What I mean:

You are not obliged to report the correct value of goods?
If the sender has declared incorrectly.

BTCKano Pool██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██
██
██
██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
augustocroppo (OP)
VIP

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 02:48:17 PM

sorry, english is not my native language.

What I mean:

Not just me, but the sender is also obligated to report the correct value of the goods. The value is defined in accordance with the deal made between seller and buyers. I am not buying the product to sell in the open market, but only acting as trader to ensure the seller delivers the promised good to the buyers. Since the deal between seller and buyer is done with a digital currency, only a fraction of the value traded will "inject" money in the UK economy. In other words, I am not producing any "added value" trading this product inside UK territory.
astutiumRob

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2013, 02:56:43 PM

So you'll be covering personally everyones losses if it gets damaged in transit and the declared value has been put as 1$ and that's all the shipping insurance will pay you ?

2weiX
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 03:06:34 PM

So you'll be covering personally everyones losses if it gets damaged in transit and the declared value has been put as 1$ and that's all the shipping insurance will pay you ?

of course he won't.
it's a gamble.

it's a gamble that sucks since Avalon could easily ship these in charges of 10 or so, but it's still a gamble.

The Avalons of batch 1 were declared at ~250€ (which is probably close to their material value).

minter12345

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 10:08:59 PM

Do you have a time limit in mind?  I hope you get enough orders soon enough  Grin

Free coins every day: QoinPro Including Bitcoins!
bitzip

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 11:30:32 PM

I used the form to place my order.  I didn't receive an email.   Should I have?  I could have typed in the wrong email address.
2weiX
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 10:33:58 AM

I used the form to place my order.  I didn't receive an email.   Should I have?  I could have typed in the wrong email address.

augustocroppo (OP)
VIP

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 06:23:39 PM

No, I cannot accept this liability because it is up to the seller choose the best course of action to ensure the product is delivered to his customers. Moreover, the price declared for customs clearance is not based on the insurance paid for the parcel.

Do you have a time limit in mind?  I hope you get enough orders soon enough  Grin

No, I still did not defined a time limit... Thanks for the support, I also hope close this deal as soon as possible for the benefit of all buyers.

I am really sorry for the lack of response by e-mail.

My PR skills are quite amateurish.  Grin

Anyway, I am keep tracking of the forms received. I will eventually send a newsletter to all people which filled the form.
augustocroppo (OP)
VIP

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 06:38:59 PM

Visit the Group Buy - UK Trader home page!

Know the Trading

What are this group buy?

The group are preparing to buy the Block Erupter USB, which is a small device especially designed to process SHA-256 algorithms.

How are the Block Erupter USB being produced?

The ASICMiner company developed the Block Erupter USB using ASIC technology. The device is basically a circuit board shielded from both sides with a thin sheet of metal. This will not only ensure the electronic components are protected, but will also help dissipate the heat.

So how much processing power could I expect from the Block Erupter USB?

Around 300 million hash per second (Mh/s).

In accordance with the current network difficulty, how many bitcoins can the Block Erupter USB produce per day?

A single unit of the Block Erupter USB at the moment could generate up to 0.01 BTC per day. At the current average exchange rates this is equivalent to almost 1 GBP per day.

When will the Block Erupter USB be available to order?

The first batch of Block Erupter USB is estimated to be ready for order from 20th May 2013.

So how I can participate in the group?

You just have to place a pre-order using this form.

All right! How many Block Erupter USB can I pre-order?

As many as possible.

Wait... I missed the most important question: how much does each Block Erupter USB cost?

The ASICMiner company is selling each Block Erupter USB for 1.99 BTC. The final price per buyer includes all the incurred costs, such as the trader fee, shipment, tax and customs clearance.

How can I find how much the incurred costs will be?

You can follow the Trader's Book here. If you wish to calculate the shipment costs, use this tool from the Royal Mail.

Will you re-ship the Block Erupter USB to oversea buyers?

Yes!

Could I personally pick-up my ordered Block Erupter USB with you?

No, all orders will be re-shipped by postal service to ensure the seller delivers the promised product to each buyer as soon as possible in a fairly manner.

Does the Block Erupter USB come with any guarantee or warranty?

Yes, ASICMiner guarantees the Block Erupter USB will work as promised for 6 months. If you receive one or more Block Erupter USB not properly working or damaged, you must return them to the seller for replacement.

Are you going to produce an invoice?

Yes, but only regarding the cost incurred to complete the deal between seller and buyer. I am not going to produce an invoice detailing the Block Erupter USB because I am not the seller. I will, however, copy the invoice received from the seller and include in the buyers’ parcel.

So how, when and where I will pay my for my pre-order?

Once I send you the invoice with a Bitcoin address for payment.

What will happen after I send the payment?

I am going to bid for a batch of 300 or more Block Erupter USB in an auction to be offered by ASICMiner in the Bitcoin forum. Once I win the auction, I will immediately pay the seller with the collect funds from the buyers. Then I will buy the necessary amount of GBP from Mt.Gox to prepare the re-shipment of the Block Erupter USB.

Are you going to keep the accounting of this trade transparent?

Yes, I fully support open and honest trade. You can follow the payment list in the Trader's Book.
Aajo

Activity: 94

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 06:10:53 PM

I'm wondering if you are able to fill the 300 orders in the remaining week until friedcat takes orders. It seems the #units went down considerably with two big buyers leaving - propably due to open erupter blade sales. I cant understand the low ordernumbers myself since this seems the most professional group buy to me and maybe the only one in europe where you will get your sticks delivered at all (personal opinion). As much as it is a pity for europeans, luckily for me I could switch to the recently opened local pickup groupbuy where the pickup point is only 5 minutes away from me..
I would still stay with my order here if there is any real chance you can fill the orders in time?
squall1066
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1032

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 07:08:37 PM

I got into the idea of bitcoins to avoid VAT, I not going to buy something for bitcoins and pay VAT.
yxt
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 07:13:29 PM

maybe the only one in europe where you will get your sticks delivered at all (personal opinion).

Huh

why do you think so?

BTCKano Pool██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██
██
██
██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
Aajo

Activity: 94

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 08:03:51 PM

Sad I did not want to go offtopic sry, but why not keep this thread up

@yxt
it has to do with VAT but not as squall1066 wrote.
You simply state in your terms:
, or if customs decide to impound the shipment for whatever reason or
Which is a bit missleading for me and I hope you dont get troubles with your buyers because of it - since somewhere inside your thread you already made clear that you will pay that % of overall btc price calculated with the actual btc/eur rate from an exchange and nothing else (regardless what is declared by friedcat). Now I just highly doubt that the german customs guys have the necessary legal base to use the mt.gox 24h average for what they can charge from you, and they will take their law serious, thats all. For me it is clear that it will take days/weeks extra if it ever passes customs at all.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: