Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:56:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: BEST BITCOIN WALLET FOR ANDROID  (Read 4252 times)
ppaul15 (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 03:53:49 PM

What is the best bitcoin wallet for an android phone? and why? i dont know what to use.
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2017, 04:07:16 PM

If you want to use a Ledger Nano S hardware wallet to manage your private keys use Mycelium.

If you want to be able to send transactions replaceable (RBF) use Electrum.

If you want to avoid blockchain analysis use Samourai.  

Mycelium is most popular. Try out all three if storage space is not a problem on your phone.

jtipt

Activity: 1064
Merit: 529

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 04:16:31 PM

What is the best bitcoin wallet for an android phone? and why? i dont know what to use.
Mycelium is my go to choice for mobile wallet, it's very easy to use and secure HD wallet. I have been using it for long time as my over the top wallet to store some btc that I want to spend occasionally. Since you seems confused what to use, try mycelium if it's suits you use it or you can explore other options.
AmeSakibimasu

Activity: 228
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 04:26:53 PM

Im using Electrum wallet, and not the web wallets. Why? Because I don't trust the web wallets since they are very prone to hacker, unlike this Electrum wallet which is like a hardware wallet because it could be use offline or online. And it could only be hack if they are going to do it personally or force you to tell the private key to them.
bouren

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 04:29:06 PM

All wallets which can provide you private keys are worth to use. Mycelium can be good choice. All major mobile wallets are listed here-
https://www.bitcoin.com/choose-your-wallet?category=mobile
Compare and try.

PS: Based on my personal experience I don't recommend anyone to use BTC.COM wallet. Sending fees of wallet is over 0.007 BTC sometimes and you got no freedom to select your customize fees.
TrumpD

Activity: 602
Merit: 265

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 04:29:33 PM

Mycelium is my go to choice for mobile wallet, it's very easy to use and secure HD wallet. I have been using it for long time as my over the top wallet to store some btc that I want to spend occasionally. Since you seems confused what to use, try mycelium if it's suits you use it or you can explore other options.

Same here, for me it is the best wallet for android. Although it requires centralized servers of the mycelium company in order to operate. It is very fast and easy to use. Functional, no frills, private keys are stored by third party - encrypted.
foxbat

Activity: 484

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 04:39:54 PM

I think the Android device is not the place to use for bitcoin storage. Although they can all be used as web wallets or other hardware wallets, their functionality is always limited, they are not suitable for business.
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 04:45:10 PM

Ever since I started using the android version of blockchain wallet I have not heard any issue and its equally flexible with the current price update on the side. This has saved the stress of having to click on confirmation mails every time I need to check my balance and I am comfortable using it and equally recommend to anyone who might be interested. When you can have access to internet you have control.
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2017, 05:04:40 PM

I think the Android device is not the place to use for bitcoin storage. Although they can all be used as web wallets or other hardware wallets, their functionality is always limited, they are not suitable for business.

Using Mycelium with a Nano S or Trezor is as secure as using your hardware wallet with your laptop. You just have the inconvenience of the OTG cable.

BingoDog

Activity: 658
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 05:25:19 PM

I see some members here have already mentioned Mycelium wallet. I use it too and can give all recommendantions. It's secure, easy to use, has many convenient features. But don't use just one wallet, it's good to combine them and not keep all coins at just one place.

malaj
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2017, 05:39:32 PM

I see some members here have already mentioned Mycelium wallet. I use it too and can give all recommendantions. It's secure, easy to use, has many convenient features. But don't use just one wallet, it's good to combine them and not keep all coins at just one place.

As long as you are using a hardware wallet that is of no consequence. The main thing is get the private keys to your assets offline.

TGJJ

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 05:44:04 PM

another vote for Mycelium. I've used it for over 1 year
ViceOfBTC21

Activity: 438
Merit: 266

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 05:53:37 PM

Mycelium wins. Very easy to use, trading function and HD backup. I'm using it for 2 years. Any other wallets are for losers. The only minus I see is no my local exchange to use as price.
rjbtc2017

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 02:45:24 AM

mycelium?
this is the first time i heard a bitcoin wallet for android i think i need to replace my current wallet (which is an online wallet service)
can i ask, how can i transfer from mycelium to another wallet (online wallet service) ? is there any fee?
Thank you
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 02:00:00 AM

mycelium?
this is the first time i heard a bitcoin wallet for android i think i need to replace my current wallet (which is an online wallet service)
can i ask, how can i transfer from mycelium to another wallet (online wallet service) ? is there any fee?
Thank you

Yeah, it's recommended wallet in any smartphones. So what kind of online/web wallet you have? If it has a feature of exporting its private key then you can do it easily. But if it doesn't have, then let me get your answer first so people can assist you.
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1208

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 08:57:04 AM

Mycelium wins. Very easy to use, trading function and HD backup. I'm using it for 2 years. Any other wallets are for losers. The only minus I see is no my local exchange to use as price.

Your endorsement of Mycelium would not have been a problem if you hadn't added the portion I struck off. That's a BUT on the part of Mycelium from your judgment, meaning that's after all it isn't perfect. I actually haven't used the wallet and can't say anything concerning it. I used a blockchain wallet and I haven't had any issues with it since I switched over to it's Android version which has made log in very easy for me.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
rjbtc2017

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 01:23:29 AM

mycelium?
Thank you

Yeah, it's recommended wallet in any smartphones. So what kind of online/web wallet you have? If it has a feature of exporting its private key then you can do it easily. But if it doesn't have, then let me get your answer first so people can assist you.

Sorry for the late reply..
I am using coins.ph as my online/web wallet.
but as for my research mycelium has a bit more expensive transfer fee?
vh

Activity: 699
Merit: 666

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 01:36:52 AM

The fee influenced the duration until transaction completion on the bitcoin network.  It's not kept by the wallet program.  You can pick between LowPriority, Economy, Normal, Priority.

BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2972

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2017, 11:28:22 PM

mycelium?
Thank you

I think its always depends in the transaction size if your transaction is big the fee should be high so that you can receive your bitcoin fast unlike you are paying a low fee it takes hour and i think you can relay here bitcoinfees.21.co
Where you can see which is a good fee to receive your bitcoin in no delay..
I know coinst.ph wallet are good choice if you live in philippines because you don't need to pay a fee if you transfer your bitcoin in to the same company wallet..  but you deal to outside and they are using other wallet expect that he will ask for the fee and choose either slow medium speed or fast..
Much better to choose wallet for me are well know wallet which is electrum so that you can fully control with your wallet and you can backup the seeds anywhere in your phone in case the wallet electrum was crash you can be still recover it in other wallet or a desktop wallet..

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
rjbtc2017

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 12:26:52 AM

mycelium?
Thank you

I think its always depends in the transaction size if your transaction is big the fee should be high so that you can receive your bitcoin fast unlike you are paying a low fee it takes hour and i think you can relay here bitcoinfees.21.co
Where you can see which is a good fee to receive your bitcoin in no delay..
I know coinst.ph wallet are good choice if you live in philippines because you don't need to pay a fee if you transfer your bitcoin in to the same company wallet..  but you deal to outside and they are using other wallet expect that he will ask for the fee and choose either slow medium speed or fast..
Much better to choose wallet for me are well know wallet which is electrum so that you can fully control with your wallet and you can backup the seeds anywhere in your phone in case the wallet electrum was crash you can be still recover it in other wallet or a desktop wallet..

Thank you for your reply, I think i should research more about this before deciding what will be the best option for me.
ice18

Activity: 2492
Merit: 542

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 03:12:09 AM

Based on my personal experience Im using mycelium wallet for almost some months and it works perfectly, I got no problems using this wallet the best part of this wallet is you can select miner fees you can afford from low priority fees up to priority which is 353 sat/byte as of the moment. 

chesegrinder

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 04:10:34 PM

Mycelium Win!!!! for android what about for laptop?

bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 09:38:17 AM

Mycelium Win!!!! for android what about for laptop?
Tho your question is seems like off topic here but for me and base on my experience, I prefer to use Electrum desktop wallet, much easier to use since it's too light that never requires downloading the blockchain.
Cacingkemi

Activity: 1484
Merit: 516

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 04:22:30 AM

just downloaded the mycelium wallet,I just got to know this section and found many recommendations one of this thread It turns out mycelium many users Nothing wrong I tried this one.

sksaddam

Activity: 691

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 10:31:42 AM

I think coinbase.apk is the best wallet for bitcoin.Coinbase mail to coinbase mail free sent btc(instant).Every login verify your GMail.Coinbase to other wallet charge high but coinbase to coinbase totally free.So free business now buy sell by coinbase.

► HackenAI ◄ ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Facebook|
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 07:47:57 AM

just downloaded the mycelium wallet,I just got to know this section and found many recommendations one of this thread It turns out mycelium many users Nothing wrong I tried this one.
Good choice and good taste bro, just don't forget to backup your recovery seed to safeguard your funds.

I think coinbase.apk is the best wallet for bitcoin.Coinbase mail to coinbase mail free sent btc(instant).Every login verify your GMail.Coinbase to other wallet charge high but coinbase to coinbase totally free.So free business now buy sell by coinbase.
A completely newbie idea, there's no best in coinbase, only, you can buy and sell there since its an exchange but storing bitcoin? Naa, that's the worst action ever, you will find it by yourself why I said that.
BitcoinExpart

Activity: 476

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 12:33:49 PM

Overall remain same feedback about the mycelium wallet. MyCelium wallet most recommend to use, which through you can easily send and receive Bitcoins using your ANDROID. MyCelium is a popular mobile app wallet, should be a good choice - my experience something like says that and I'm pleased to use it.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄▄
▄████▀▀            ▀▀████▄
▄███▀                    ▀███▄
███▀       █████            ▀███
███         █████              ███
███        ▄▄█████    ▄█████▀    ███
██        ▄███████  ▄█████▀       ██
███       ▄████████▄█████▀         ███
███       ▀▀▀▀██████████           ███
███      ▄▄▄▄▄███████████          ███
███     ▄███████████▀█████         ███
██    ▄███████████▀  █████        ██
███   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████    █████      ███
███         █████     █████    ███
███▄                        ▄███
▀███▄                    ▄███▀
▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
KRYLL
                ███
                ███
                ███
        ███  ███
        ███  ███
        ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
AUTOMATED CRYPTO TRADING STRATEGIES MADE SIMPLE
▁▁         Whitepaper   █   Token sale will start on Feb 7, 2018   █   Announcement         ▁▁

███
███
███  ███
███  ███
███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
tek1289

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 02:22:06 PM

xapo is the best bitcoin wallet
Slash61

Activity: 633
Merit: 14

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 06:01:48 PM

I myself use mycelium wallet. because there are so many advantages from them, It has support for many of the hardware Bitcoin wallets and even offers support for connecting through Tor if you want extra privacy.

Rz2212

Activity: 60

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:06:34 PM

If you want Altcoin then I will suggest Coinomi and MEW.  But still it depends on you 😁
doedz

Activity: 1106
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 02:23:24 AM

I still use the blockchain wallet to store BTC. I am interested in a wallet in android. Looks simple and easy to use.
I want to make sure the wallet is safe, try with a small amount.

▄█▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▄▄
           ▄█▀ ▄▄█▀▀   ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄
          ▀▀  ▀▀          ▀▀█▄█▀
    ▄▄▀  ▄█▀▀                    ▄   ▄▄
  ▄█▀▄▄█▀           ▄▄           ▀▀█▄ ▀█
 ▄▀ █▀     ▄▄██▄▄   ██   ▄▄██▄▄      █▄ █
 █ ▀█   ▄▄█▀▀   ▀██▄▄█▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀██▄▄   █ █
 █     █▀ ▄▄█▀▀█▄▄ ▀██▀  ▄██▀█▄▄ ▀▀█  █ █
 █  ▄  █ ██▀ ▄▄▄ ▀█ ██ █▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀██ █  █ █
 █ ██  ▀ ██ █▀▀▀█▄▄ ▀█ ▄▄█▀▀▀▀█ ██ ▀  █ █
   ██    █▀ ▄▄█▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█    ▀ █
   ██    ▄▄██▀ ▄▄█▄ ██  █▄▄ ▀▀██▄▄      █
 █ ██    ▀▀ ▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄███▄ ▀▀██▄▄ ▀       █
 █  █      ▀▀▀ ▄██▀▀▄█ ▀██▄▄ ▀▀       █ █
 █  █         ▀▀▀   ██    ▀▀▀         █ █
 ▀█ ▀▄▄             ██              ▄█ ▄█
  ▀█▄ ▀▀▄▄          ██          ▄▄█▀ ▄█▀
     ▀█▄▄▀▀▀        ██       ▄▄ ▀▄▄█▀▀
        ▀▀█▄   ▄▄        ▄▄█▀▀   ▀
            ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄█▀
               ▀▀█▄▄▀▀ ▄▄█▀

E M I R E X
─── إمركس ───

...Whitepaper...

The Infrastructure for the
New Digital Economy

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▄█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
████████▀           ████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████            █████████
█████████  ██████████████████▀
████████▄           ████████
▀█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀██████▀▀▀

E M R X

─ Token ─

...LEARN MORE...

...Register...
[/cen
veleten
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1106

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 01:10:14 PM

Coinomi is a decent multiwallet
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.coinomi.wallet&hl=eng
https://coinomi.com/

supports more than 80 coins,easy to use,relatively safe
another option is Mycellium:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mycelium.wallet&hl=eng
https://mycelium.com/

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
[/t
mharz

Activity: 336
Merit: 260

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 10:39:12 AM

I like that wallet because it was friendly users and fully secured, other than that payment during withdrawals are much lower compared with the other offline wallet.

Using this wallet I can't need to expenses high amount especially when I transferred my amount in trading site. However sometimes withdrawals in this wallet was too much long period before appeared to my other account.
wallet.net

Activity: 9

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 08:53:06 AM

There are lots of wallets to choose from, and getting even more. Probably the best choice is to have a hardware wallet and use it with compatible software to be sure that your coins are secure. This way you can minimize the risk from malware, scam sites & links etc. Besides the known hardware wallet like Ledger, Trezor, KeepKey there are others as well like Bitlox, Bitbox and others to check out.
lorapalmer

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

https://bvo.trybravo.com/

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 04:16:03 PM

I personally like Mycellium. For now, it is the best option I think. But I am opened to try new alternatives to compare benefits of each wallet. It is good to know what are the unique features and functions of other optional bitcoin wallets for Android.

notblox1
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1264

Logo Designer ⛨ BSFL Division1

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2018, 10:50:30 PM
Last edit: June 27, 2018, 11:13:23 PM by notblox1

I think Coinomi is most updated android wallet,
with most crypto coins support

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
... LIVECASINO.io    Play Live Games with up to 20% cashback!...██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
IBXNetwork

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 10:03:40 PM

For android I would recommend Samourai right away. their team is really pro bitcoin. Then Mycelium because of their very good customizable fees system. and then Electrum because of its security
addypham710

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 10:52:13 AM

Anyone using FIATO from Kryptono?
I'm using it https://fiato.kryptono.exchange/
I find it fast and convenient, and totally free with many promotions.
veronikadobryx

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 01:46:28 PM

Anyone using FIATO from Kryptono?
I'm using it https://fiato.kryptono.exchange/
I find it fast and convenient, and totally free with many promotions.
I use. Or rather, tried earlier =))
I will honestly tell, at least, I do not see sense as expediency here almost zero) It is worth spending less than 30 minutes in google then the ideas of higher plan appear)
Julius Mike

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 04:20:47 AM

I used FIATO apps https://fiato.kryptono.exchange/ (develop by Kryptono). It's really fast and convenient for fund management and transfer crypto.
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: