Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:57:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BEST BITCOIN WALLET FOR ANDROID  (Read 4251 times)
ppaul15 (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 03:53:49 PM

What is the best bitcoin wallet for an android phone? and why? i dont know what to use.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2017, 04:07:16 PM

If you want to use a Ledger Nano S hardware wallet to manage your private keys use Mycelium.

If you want to be able to send transactions replaceable (RBF) use Electrum.

If you want to avoid blockchain analysis use Samourai.  

Mycelium is most popular. Try out all three if storage space is not a problem on your phone.

jtipt

Activity: 1064
Merit: 529

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 04:16:31 PM

What is the best bitcoin wallet for an android phone? and why? i dont know what to use.
Mycelium is my go to choice for mobile wallet, it's very easy to use and secure HD wallet. I have been using it for long time as my over the top wallet to store some btc that I want to spend occasionally. Since you seems confused what to use, try mycelium if it's suits you use it or you can explore other options.
AmeSakibimasu

Activity: 228
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 04:26:53 PM

Im using Electrum wallet, and not the web wallets. Why? Because I don't trust the web wallets since they are very prone to hacker, unlike this Electrum wallet which is like a hardware wallet because it could be use offline or online. And it could only be hack if they are going to do it personally or force you to tell the private key to them.
bouren

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 04:29:06 PM

All wallets which can provide you private keys are worth to use. Mycelium can be good choice. All major mobile wallets are listed here-
https://www.bitcoin.com/choose-your-wallet?category=mobile
Compare and try.

PS: Based on my personal experience I don't recommend anyone to use BTC.COM wallet. Sending fees of wallet is over 0.007 BTC sometimes and you got no freedom to select your customize fees.
TrumpD

Activity: 602
Merit: 265

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 04:29:33 PM

Mycelium is my go to choice for mobile wallet, it's very easy to use and secure HD wallet. I have been using it for long time as my over the top wallet to store some btc that I want to spend occasionally. Since you seems confused what to use, try mycelium if it's suits you use it or you can explore other options.

Same here, for me it is the best wallet for android. Although it requires centralized servers of the mycelium company in order to operate. It is very fast and easy to use. Functional, no frills, private keys are stored by third party - encrypted.
foxbat

Activity: 484
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 04:39:54 PM

I think the Android device is not the place to use for bitcoin storage. Although they can all be used as web wallets or other hardware wallets, their functionality is always limited, they are not suitable for business.
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 04:45:10 PM

Ever since I started using the android version of blockchain wallet I have not heard any issue and its equally flexible with the current price update on the side. This has saved the stress of having to click on confirmation mails every time I need to check my balance and I am comfortable using it and equally recommend to anyone who might be interested. When you can have access to internet you have control.
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2017, 05:04:40 PM

I think the Android device is not the place to use for bitcoin storage. Although they can all be used as web wallets or other hardware wallets, their functionality is always limited, they are not suitable for business.

Using Mycelium with a Nano S or Trezor is as secure as using your hardware wallet with your laptop. You just have the inconvenience of the OTG cable.

BingoDog

Activity: 658
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 05:25:19 PM

I see some members here have already mentioned Mycelium wallet. I use it too and can give all recommendantions. It's secure, easy to use, has many convenient features. But don't use just one wallet, it's good to combine them and not keep all coins at just one place.

malaj
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2017, 05:39:32 PM

I see some members here have already mentioned Mycelium wallet. I use it too and can give all recommendantions. It's secure, easy to use, has many convenient features. But don't use just one wallet, it's good to combine them and not keep all coins at just one place.

As long as you are using a hardware wallet that is of no consequence. The main thing is get the private keys to your assets offline.

TGJJ

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 05:44:04 PM

another vote for Mycelium. I've used it for over 1 year
ViceOfBTC21

Activity: 438
Merit: 266

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 05:53:37 PM

Mycelium wins. Very easy to use, trading function and HD backup. I'm using it for 2 years. Any other wallets are for losers. The only minus I see is no my local exchange to use as price.
rjbtc2017

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 02:45:24 AM

mycelium?
this is the first time i heard a bitcoin wallet for android i think i need to replace my current wallet (which is an online wallet service)
can i ask, how can i transfer from mycelium to another wallet (online wallet service) ? is there any fee?
Thank you
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 02:00:00 AM

mycelium?
this is the first time i heard a bitcoin wallet for android i think i need to replace my current wallet (which is an online wallet service)
can i ask, how can i transfer from mycelium to another wallet (online wallet service) ? is there any fee?
Thank you

Yeah, it's recommended wallet in any smartphones. So what kind of online/web wallet you have? If it has a feature of exporting its private key then you can do it easily. But if it doesn't have, then let me get your answer first so people can assist you.
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1208

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 08:57:04 AM

Mycelium wins. Very easy to use, trading function and HD backup. I'm using it for 2 years. Any other wallets are for losers. The only minus I see is no my local exchange to use as price.

Your endorsement of Mycelium would not have been a problem if you hadn't added the portion I struck off. That's a BUT on the part of Mycelium from your judgment, meaning that's after all it isn't perfect. I actually haven't used the wallet and can't say anything concerning it. I used a blockchain wallet and I haven't had any issues with it since I switched over to it's Android version which has made log in very easy for me.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
rjbtc2017

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 01:23:29 AM

mycelium?
Thank you

Yeah, it's recommended wallet in any smartphones. So what kind of online/web wallet you have? If it has a feature of exporting its private key then you can do it easily. But if it doesn't have, then let me get your answer first so people can assist you.

Sorry for the late reply..
I am using coins.ph as my online/web wallet.
but as for my research mycelium has a bit more expensive transfer fee?
vh

Activity: 699
Merit: 666

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 01:36:52 AM

The fee influenced the duration until transaction completion on the bitcoin network.  It's not kept by the wallet program.  You can pick between LowPriority, Economy, Normal, Priority.

BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2955

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2017, 11:28:22 PM

mycelium?
Thank you

I think its always depends in the transaction size if your transaction is big the fee should be high so that you can receive your bitcoin fast unlike you are paying a low fee it takes hour and i think you can relay here bitcoinfees.21.co
Where you can see which is a good fee to receive your bitcoin in no delay..
I know coinst.ph wallet are good choice if you live in philippines because you don't need to pay a fee if you transfer your bitcoin in to the same company wallet..  but you deal to outside and they are using other wallet expect that he will ask for the fee and choose either slow medium speed or fast..
Much better to choose wallet for me are well know wallet which is electrum so that you can fully control with your wallet and you can backup the seeds anywhere in your phone in case the wallet electrum was crash you can be still recover it in other wallet or a desktop wallet..

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
rjbtc2017

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 12:26:52 AM

mycelium?
Thank you

I think its always depends in the transaction size if your transaction is big the fee should be high so that you can receive your bitcoin fast unlike you are paying a low fee it takes hour and i think you can relay here bitcoinfees.21.co
Where you can see which is a good fee to receive your bitcoin in no delay..
I know coinst.ph wallet are good choice if you live in philippines because you don't need to pay a fee if you transfer your bitcoin in to the same company wallet..  but you deal to outside and they are using other wallet expect that he will ask for the fee and choose either slow medium speed or fast..
Much better to choose wallet for me are well know wallet which is electrum so that you can fully control with your wallet and you can backup the seeds anywhere in your phone in case the wallet electrum was crash you can be still recover it in other wallet or a desktop wallet..

Thank you for your reply, I think i should research more about this before deciding what will be the best option for me.
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: