Bitcoin Forum
July 13, 2024, 09:03:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinBomb.com has just launched!  (Read 14059 times)
saudibull

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 10:22:01 PM

People are buying them up like crazy, not the gigaton but everything else....
demoniality

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 10:46:12 PM

Bear in mind that coinbomb is currently using a bot to lock out every potato on bitpotato right now just to advertise their URL. This is costing people money because their potatoes will expire without anyone being able to buy them. This is the kind of immoral and irresponsible behavior you do not want in people holding your LTC should something go wrong. Avoid.

Any proof to back up this very strong claim?

Andy B
Yes, check the bitpotato thread in this subsection for a screenshot.

ufo: C9icQvu4T4Jo6QpmnP1dgQW5ru1BfPJ4sV
CoinBomb (OP)

Activity: 179

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2013, 11:38:22 PM
Last edit: May 09, 2013, 11:50:51 PM by CoinBomb

Bear in mind that coinbomb is currently using a bot to lock out every potato on bitpotato right now just to advertise their URL. This is costing people money because their potatoes will expire without anyone being able to buy them. This is the kind of immoral and irresponsible behavior you do not want in people holding your LTC should something go wrong. Avoid.

Any proof to back up this very strong claim?

Andy B
Yes, check the bitpotato thread in this subsection for a screenshot.

Please don't spread slanderous rumours, we had absolutely no part in whoever was doing that. Do note that they were also advertising cryptobounty and bitcoinsforpaypal which we have zero affiliation with. Most likely thing is bitpotato has made someone upset for some reason. The owner of bitpotato (tralawar) is notorious for slandering the competition with lies. (Proof here: http://trollboxarchive.com/search.php?search_type=username&search=tralawar)

Promote our site for no risk BTC / LTC profit! 1% gross profit, LTC/BTC payments weekly. Click through for more details.
demoniality

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 11:56:46 PM

So you request that i do not make a 'slanderous rumour' and proceed to make one of your own? It seems you have displayed your discontent and therefore motive for doing such a thing to the bitpotato site. I think you wont be doing it again.

CoinBomb (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2013, 12:02:42 AM

Sorry, one of our admins got a little heavy handed with his words. we edited the post before you'd replied though.

to do something again implies there was a first time. There was not. As we've also told you on twitter. Are you a part of bitpotato too?

Promote our site for no risk BTC / LTC profit! 1% gross profit, LTC/BTC payments weekly. Click through for more details.
demoniality

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 12:14:07 AM

Another accusation. Isn't this just the most professional team. I obviously do not work for bitpotato, i deeply sympathised with the 6 potato holders that had no hope of selling when the whole site was being locked out and lost over 350ltc between them.

edit: and i see you have taken to the bitpotato thread to further publicise and hypocritically slander their team. You wont last long, not with this kind of unprofessionalism.

CoinBomb (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2013, 12:24:57 AM

There was no accusation there - it was a question.

(PS - as I understand it, no one lost anything during that time, when the potatos are locked, the main timer is unaffected)

Our position on the matter is now stated....Returning to regular programming.

MiningUnited

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 12:30:14 AM

Thanks for posting this! This looks like great fun, between friends too.
datascape

Activity: 49

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 04:36:09 AM

The Gigaton and Gigajoule ones have a few more hours left on them. Should be exciting to see the final outcome.
saudibull

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 05:10:26 AM

People have been hackin away at the btc nuclear bomb, Im gonna have to buy it here pretty quick, mines well make some easy coin...
Halbert

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 01:26:40 PM

Thanks, I'll try Grin
juanbobo

Activity: 9

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 01:31:59 PM

I wonder are there odds posted anywhere on how likely the potato is to reset on you?
CoinBomb (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2013, 01:42:09 PM

you mean the BOMB...right? Wink

there are no random resets on coinbomb.com The only reset is when the main timer hits 0, then the round is over.

The timer restarts at 24 hours (or whatever the round length is on that bomb) when someone purchases.

juanbobo

Activity: 9

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 01:52:30 PM

uh...sorry about the potato reference, not enough coffee yet this morning.  Huh

These sites are great, with the mining difficulty increasing and the current stagnant/slow exchanges, it is difficult to make much profit right now. Hope I don't get blown up!!!  Cry
stevejohnson

Activity: 6

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 05:18:43 AM

It would be nice if the transactions were a bit quicker.
CoinBomb (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2013, 07:43:56 AM

It would be nice if the transactions were a bit quicker.

Unfortunately we can't do much about that, we have the transaction confirmation as low as we can go while still ensuring the site will run properly for everyone involved.

The only remaining factor is the time it takes for your transaction to get included into a block and the subsequent blocks that confirm it. Adding a fee to your transaction will usually get it into the next mined block, transactions without fees will sometimes not make it into a block within time, if that is the case email us at admin@coinbomb.com and we will look into it for you.

tauitdnmd

Activity: 7

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 12:05:38 PM

it looks cool
CoinBomb (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2013, 12:22:26 PM

thanks! we're adding some new features (We think the market has been stagnant for a while now...time for some innovation! Smiley )

keep checking back - we have special events on a regular basis.

CoinBomb (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2013, 08:47:35 PM
Last edit: May 11, 2013, 08:58:35 PM by CoinBomb

MIRV BOMB LAUNCHED!

New bomb type : MIRV

This bomb, in addition to having a massive profit / multiplier has one completely new feature. When it expires, it will split into 4 smaller bombs (still with a higher than usual profit)!

Check it out!

dman99

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 08:56:33 PM

My main complaint would have to be the UI of this site.  Everything works fine, but the UI is just terrible.  All the font looks the same, and it's all much larger than it needs to be.  The 5th bomb is kind of down there by itself.  Also, add some borders around the bomb information!  It is hard to see where one bomb's information ends and the other begins.

With that said, the prices start much lower on this site than bitpotato.  I know it seems like a small thing, but it's actually a HUGE difference.  Each bomb is purchased maybe 7-9 times before finally reaching a price where no one will purchase it.  This results in a LOT more winners.  Their win amounts may be smaller, but there are more winners.

Another problem would have to be traffic.  If Bitpotato or coinbomb were to implement something which showed how many visitors were currently at the site, I think it would drastically help!  If a ton of people are there, there's a good chance I'll buy a bomb or potato.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: