Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:00:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Scary tweet I've just read!  (Read 3392 times)
Avametra

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 03:31:35 PM

Who from the forum tried to use this data in order to access the wallet?
Just for the sake of interest? Now if at least one person gets such access, then I'll start worrying about my coins

Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
GideonGono

Activity: 2016
Merit: 501

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2017, 03:31:51 PM

Seriously? 904625697166532776746648320380374280100293470930272690489102837043110636675 pages of Bitcoin private key database? LOL. I'd be damned. This is a typical stupid stunt to pull when you are jobless. I can't even expect a sane human in his or her right sense to believe this or get scared. Moreover, that dude need to take a chill pill.

And Myetherwallet also replied in Vitalik's tweet that it can also be released like in the same case with Eth and here's their faq https://myetherwallet.groovehq.com/knowledge_base/topics/couldnt-everybody-put-in-random-private-keys-look-for-a-balance-and-send-to-their-own-address

I would say that this is a post that will make stupid people panic and I suggest to never try to search yours there because the admin or somewhat of that site might review the search log.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 03:55:48 PM

That's only very few of all the bitcoin wallets out there. To connect those keys to a bitcoin wallet is like finding a needle in a whole planet.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Skarner21

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

Massive price drop coming...

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2017, 04:02:06 PM

I heard directory.io before and i think its just a joke they don't even have a search bar to find your address you are just wasting your time if you are looking for your own private key there it takes too much time to find due to none search bar..
If this is true many people not trusting bitcoin to hold their money for a long time.. But i believe to the owner that he can keep this domain alive for a long time. .

Make crypto as your bank.
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 04:08:13 PM

Such a large number of private keys and check all of those bitcoin but upon checking it has a new transaction few days ago it means the bitcoin address was used before i saw one that has 4 btc receive but no remaining balance.. i think this is just a dump bitcoin addresses after use they are dumping it for the sake of  their anonymity..

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2017, 04:14:53 PM

That was a complete shitty post, because Bill Gates said that Bitcoin is better than currency, do you think a multi-billionaire like him is stupid enough to say that? Even if someone really tries hard with all their "super-powers" to find an address with something in it, it would not take years, but light-years to find one with some coins in it.

As they say, talk is cheap

Whether Bill Gates is stupid or not is irrelevant since he may say anything he pleases, it won't matter a thing until he invests a few billion dollars in Bitcoin himself ("don't believe anything you hear"). So far he prefers dollars, not bitcoins, and I don't remember that Microsoft was accepting bitcoins as payment for their software. There have been various as well as numerous rumors, someone even claimed that he had seen some code which was assumed to work with Bitcoin, but the thing is Microsoft is not involved with Bitcoin in any meaningful way

halych

Activity: 189

🌟 eSports ICO: 01/11/2017 🌟

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 04:16:37 PM

I heard directory.io before and i think its just a joke they don't even have a search bar to find your address you are just wasting your time if you are looking for your own private key there it takes too much time to find due to none search bar..
If this is true many people not trusting bitcoin to hold their money for a long time.. But i believe to the owner that he can keep this domain alive for a long time. .

Because of such tweets and so many beginners stop trusting bitcoin. But no one can provide evidence that this information is true. Most likely the author of the tweet just joked

KingdomHearts

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 09:43:59 PM

Well according to my understanding there is no reality in this. I agree with you that this is just a fud and nothing else. How could it be possible? People still talking about the Bitcoin like this just to create a doubt wave so that they can get some benefits of it, But I don’t think it will really work because most of the people related to the Bitcoin knows about the truth and the strength of the Bitcoin.
Celsiuss

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 10:43:55 PM

Guys get real, take a look at the page number. That number is way to huge for  anyone to even imagine. The amount of addresses is enormous. The chance of finding an address with bitcoins in it is so damn small it's impossible to do it. Good luck finding an active address in that list.

who cares
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 12:45:43 AM

Guys get real, take a look at the page number. That number is way to huge for  anyone to even imagine. The amount of addresses is enormous. The chance of finding an address with bitcoins in it is so damn small it's impossible to do it. Good luck finding an active address in that list.

well even if this was a real deal, don't you think that someone would automate that like making a scrypt or a program for that task to go smoother? But it's not.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 02:10:46 AM

seriously! this is such a shitty move by Vitalik Buterin!
meanwhile his project, ethereum, is filled with bugs and a terrible code if you ever bother to check it. it has already been exploited a couple of times and each time led to loss of millions of dollars ...

... and the tweets something the most fake thing in history of bitcoin! real mature of him.

There is a FOMO brewing...
Argon2

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 02:12:54 AM

Vitalik is a troll...
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 6146

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 03:19:43 AM

Can I scare you even more?

There is a program called "Large Bitcoin Collider" that is described here (and discussed here at Bitcointalk) that is even better than directory.io and searches for collisions. It has already found a couple of addresses with balance!

PANIC!!!!!!!!

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Hydrogen
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 04:48:55 AM

I've never seen large bitcoin collider nor anyone else document their attempts to break private keys in a way that is legitimate. At least not legitimate in my humble & amateur opinion.  Smiley They don't mention the number of keys they generate over a set period of time to give an indication of how long it might take to break a single key. If brute forcing keys were an issue, core might be forced implement a lockout if a number of transaction attempts failed due to bad keys. AFAIK that's not a difficult fix which could confirm its not an issue.
rambeazle

Activity: 244
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 06:15:46 AM

ITT: Idiots meet ETH shills
AK47-

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 06:28:30 AM

Lol that database is damn to large, but the most important thing that people can be victims is to search there by private key to see if their address is there or not!!

I think that that the owner of that website is just joking and making people to search for their addresses or/and their private key and that could be a prank!

Q: Can I search by private key?
A: Yes. @see API documentation.

Q: Should I search by private key?
A: No. I log and steal everything.

Exactly he is just trying to trap people typing their private key to search for their address. He is just trolling. That list is way too huge to find any address with bitcoin.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2017, 11:53:27 AM

I've never seen large bitcoin collider nor anyone else document their attempts to break private keys in a way that is legitimate. At least not legitimate in my humble & amateur opinion.  Smiley They don't mention the number of keys they generate over a set period of time to give an indication of how long it might take to break a single key. If brute forcing keys were an issue, core might be forced implement a lockout if a number of transaction attempts failed due to bad keys. AFAIK that's not a difficult fix which could confirm its not an issue.

Could you explain what you mean by that?

That is, access to what exactly should they block and what transaction attempts do you refer to? I don't really know what you mean but that would obviously be against Bitcoin principles anyway. As I understand these efforts at cracking the private keys, you just download the whole blockchain to your computer, then run a key generating code and see if the public key you thus generated matches any in the blockchain. If it does and it has balance (the wallet it corresponds to), then you hit a jackpot. So what are you going to lockout here?

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: