Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 10:38:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which coins are not scams?  (Read 4788 times)
wormbog

Activity: 561
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 06:50:34 PM

WormbogCoin will replace all of them when it goes public. WBC is available for pre-order to a select few at 1000 WRC / BTC. Only really handsome and popular people are smart enough to jump on an opportunity like this. Pre-order coins are delivered via public/private keypair that will be verifiable once the chain is live. This offer is limited so act now! PM me for details.
imperi

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 06:52:02 PM

3.PPCoin
4. Feathercoin

PPC is major scam. FTC is major scam. I guess you never heard of blockchain, where block times are written and one can find out number of coins mined per day.

Bitcoin is the only non-scam coin.

They're not scams... they have real value. Just not as much value as Bitcoin or Litecoin.
Yuri.

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 06:57:35 PM

3.PPCoin
4. Feathercoin

PPC is major scam. FTC is major scam. I guess you never heard of blockchain, where block times are written and one can find out number of coins mined per day.

Bitcoin is the only non-scam coin.

They're not scams... they have real value. Just not as much value as Bitcoin or Litecoin.
There is no such thing as real value, it as valuable as people think it's.

GIANNAT
Legendary

Activity: 1038
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin entrepreneur and Pro Trader

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2013, 07:09:43 PM

BTC Bitcoin
LTC Litecoin
NMC Namecoin
PPC Peer2peercoin
TRC Terracoin
DVC Devcoin
IXC Ixcoin
NVC Novacoin
FRC Freicoin
FTC Feathercoin
BTE Bytecoin
BQC BBQCoin
MNC Mincoin
CNC CHNCoin
BTB BitBar
JKC Junkcoin

mem

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 02:57:42 AM

PPC is major scam.

Premine - no
Innovative - yes.

Is there something Im missing ?

kooke

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Bitcoin super-duper-mega-ultra-hyper-node

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 02:58:45 AM

Guess which one this one is?

str4wm4n
Legendary

Activity: 1611
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 02:58:51 AM

BBQcoin
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2013, 04:20:08 AM

Honestly;

Not Scams:
Bitcoin
Litecoin
Namecoin
Devcoin

Probably not scams (but unclear, future success unclear):
PPCoin
Bitbar

Bolded is where you lost all credibility. 

Bitcoin is the only genuinely usable coin at this moment.  Multiple exchanges with million dollar worth, broad worldwide distribution, tens of thousands of merchants and the worlds largest computational network are all things that make it stand out, besides being the original.

Litecoin is the only other serious coin right now.  With a 57 million dollar market cap and real differences vs bitcoin it is filling a (small) void.  Litecoin was the first popular scrypt coin and adds a faster but balanced confirmation time.  There will be pump and dump copies but they will all generally fail within six months. 

Namecoin started with a great idea, but lost most of its base when it went merged mining as a response to attacks.  Namecoin could come back if a browser plugin was created for firefox and others that allowed .bit domain names to be read directly by end users with little setup.  Namecoin could benefit from scrypt as well, but I am not sure how that transition could be safely done.  Someone could create a clone with the needed features to make it work or invest in namecoin first and pay devs to implement the browser plugin and possibly profit. 

The rest?  Nothing much to speak of.  Lots of obvious pump and dump scams, pre-mines, and now with bitbar, INSTAMINES. 

sidelsky18

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 05:11:47 AM

Bitcoin and Litecoin.
soundasleep

Activity: 169

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 05:32:03 AM

My list: BTC, LTC, NMC. An alt coin either needs something unique (and no, just changing block rewards is NOT unique), or a diverse range of sites/people accepting them. Scam isn't the right word, though - you probably shouldn't be investing in currency even if it is crypto.
hanzac

Activity: 425
Merit: 262

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 06:36:36 AM

Just check if the coin has active development for the code base (for example, check the github).
KrLos

Activity: 768

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 07:01:58 AM

Bitcoin
Litecoin
Namecoin
Devcoin
PPCoin
aikklond
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 07:22:03 AM

Bitcoin
Litecoin
Namecoin
PPcoin
Feathercoin
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2013, 10:06:01 PM

Bitcoin
Litecoin
Namecoin
PPcoin
Feathercoin
Sorry.  The last two do not add much.  They MIGHT have slight advantage over litecoin but they are too late. First mover advantage trumps a minor tweak.

master-P

Activity: 868
Merit: 1001

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2013, 10:13:29 PM

Bitcoin
Litecoin
BBQcoin
Devcoin
PPcoin

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
DryPowder

Activity: 144

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 10:33:31 PM

Como dicen en mi país “cada quien quiere llevar agua a su propio molino” sorry for the Spanish but i don’t find the right words to say in English.  Grin

"Everyone wants to bring the water to his mill, and leave his neighbor's dry" if I'm translating that right. Been awhile since I took any formal Spanish classes.

Poignant and sums up the altcoin world well Tongue

Yes, this are the right words, Thanks.  Cool

Keep Your Powder Dry
detail3

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 10:34:47 PM

Bitcoin
Litecoin
Namecoin
PPcoin
Feathercoin
Sorry.  The last two do not add much.  They MIGHT have slight advantage over litecoin but they are too late. First mover advantage trumps a minor tweak.

I think most people would think that Proof of stake is more than a slight tweak. You are, as ever, entitled to your opinion, however.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 10:38:17 PM

I think most people would think that Proof of stake is more than a slight tweak. You are, as ever, entitled to your opinion, however.

I agree, I think PPC is a good innovative ALT.

Also, I think it's important to have at least one popular SHA-256 ALT.

The next best SHA-256 ALT coin is probably Terracoin, but it is hardly innovative.... Terracoin is to Bitcoin what Feathercoin is to Litecoin.

EDIT:

PS- my list (not neccessarily in order after the first two):
BTC
LTC
NMC
DVC
PPC
justabitoftime

Activity: 154

CoinTropolis

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 10:40:51 PM

For those that consider Feathercoin a scam, I invite you to our messageboard and take a poke around. Not everyone is going to like us, I learned that back in 2nd grade. Believe me, I'm okay with it.  We have an active community, people willing to help miners and projects to help move us into more mainstream adoption. Improvements are being proposed for the coin and we're soliciting feedback from those in our community.

You don't have to support us, but it would be nice if you have a few minutes to understand who we are as a community. We're not going away, period. There's so much talent wasted on here. If we learned how to cooperate rather than constantly knock each other down, we'd all be better off. I wish everyone the best in their respective coins.

zero3112

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 10:44:02 PM

Guess which one this one is?

Is it bitbar?

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: