Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:08:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: could bitcoin be replaced by another crypto currency?  (Read 11951 times)
Spontebob

Activity: 418
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 04:18:06 PM

i do this question because i´ve read in this website issues with bitcoin, slow mining process, high fees, etc. and i´ve read too good reviews of some altcoins, ethereum (smart contracts), ripple (for transfers between banks), dash and nem. these altcoins called 2.0. could bitcoin become just in future virtual gold reserved to companies and rich people?
Bitcoin has made its name in the world of currencies both in real and crypto which means it can never be replaced by any existing or pre-existing cryptocurrency. Bitcoin has made it to the top because of its uniqueness copied by other altcoins but still bitcoin handles the most in that. Bitcoin also has a price that is volatile which usually goes up but still it goes down sometime for a bit for some reasons happening in the market.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Decalcomania

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 04:26:20 PM

i do this question because i´ve read in this website issues with bitcoin, slow mining process, high fees, etc. and i´ve read too good reviews of some altcoins, ethereum (smart contracts), ripple (for transfers between banks), dash and nem. these altcoins called 2.0. could bitcoin become just in future virtual gold reserved to companies and rich people?
Do you think that there is altcoin that can replace bitcoin? There is no altcoins that can surpass the bitcoin because the people will continue to buy and adapt bitcoins than altcoins. Bitcoin will be stay in the first place forever.

Wayan_Pedjeng

Activity: 913
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 04:48:00 PM

If the transaction fee rises to $100 or $200 per transaction, then the small and medium level users may just shift their holdings to Bitcoin Cash and Ethereum (right now they are in the $10-20 range).
P3

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 12:43:34 PM

Thingking that way even you dont know bitcoin that much is not really understandable well people talk about this way because they tend to criticize evrything even they dont realy know much about something. Nothing could replace bitcoin because it has a headstart of a years to grow than new cryptocurrencies.
It never be happen that other digital currency supplanted bitcoin in light of the fact that bitcoin have high Security framework and high market esteem. Additionally bitcoin has high rising rate in the esteem. The notoriety of bitcoin is additionally a factor that no other cryptographic money can supplant bitcoin. The trust of individuals wherever on the planet on bitcoin is high is contrast with another cryptographic forms of money.
coin royal

Activity: 52

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 12:51:30 PM

Thingking that way even you dont know bitcoin that much is not really understandable well people talk about this way because they tend to criticize evrything even they dont realy know much about something. Nothing could replace bitcoin because it has a headstart of a years to grow than new cryptocurrencies.
It never be happen that other digital currency supplanted bitcoin in light of the fact that bitcoin have high Security framework and high market esteem. Additionally bitcoin has high rising rate in the esteem. The notoriety of bitcoin is additionally a factor that no other cryptographic money can supplant bitcoin. The trust of individuals wherever on the planet on bitcoin is high is contrast with another cryptographic forms of money.
i think this will not happened that bitcoin will be replaced by other cryptocurrency until new currency came out and have higher price as well as popularity than people will leave to have interest in bitcoin and will follow that new currency.
podrick17

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 12:58:01 PM

IMO i think it is very possible, with good marketing and platform i believe at some point there will be a new kind of crypto currency that could beat bitcoin as our technology is always progressing.

kingragnar

Activity: 294

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 01:27:22 PM

I think it will not happen. Because bitcoins are the main of altcoin and all ex changers will bitcoin their exchange in other digital currency right now and this one is the first to get altcoin out and my coverage will not be lost. Because it has a big role in the world of altcoin. If it loses many investors the losses and can not recover in this bitcoin loss or else replaced by another crypto currency This is just my opinion.
mezzaluna

Activity: 518
Merit: 23

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 01:36:50 PM

yes. but the odds as of the moment are low. the closest alt coin is ethereum. which is still far off.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
hynext

Activity: 350
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 04:01:15 PM

No one can replaced bitcoin because this is the founder of all altcoins. Many cryptocurrency was good to invest today but impossible to compete with bitcoin. Yes, they do reserved as a virtual gold for more profit. If the bitcoin won't be trusted in the future maybe ethereum will take the sit to be number one of altcoins.
Shikaina

Activity: 364
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 10:16:11 PM

If it is to happen, Litecoin or Ethereum would most likely replace bitcoin. But I don't see it would happen so soon. At present the price of cryptocurrency is dependent on bitcoin. May be five years later.
bitcoin has gone so far ahead in value than ethereum so if it is going to match in value with bitcoin if incase it will, you are right maybe in 5 years or more from now. but there is this phenomena happening right now that boosts ethereum. this so-called crypto kitty.
dx_twisted

Activity: 294
Merit: 114

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 12:13:38 AM

I don't think Bitcoin could ever be replaced by another cryptocurrency. It is the pioneer of all digital coins and considered as the original digital asset. Its idea is powerful and clear to which inspired other developers to create their own coin that can one day surpass it. However, most of the popular coins that is under Bitcoin has different purposes, that do not compete with the latter. If it can't challenged by any one, then BTC will still be on top for a number of years. Also, it is created as a currency that isn't under the influence of anyone nor control it by any entity, which signified that it is open for every individual, which makes it more valuable.
Choyor

Activity: 672

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 12:39:25 AM

Bitcoin is the first heart crypto that is the mother of all altcoin. I think it will be difficult for other cryptoes to replace Bitcoin, can be seen from other crypto prices that have not been able to match the price of Bitcoin until now. That means Bitcoin will be hard to replace.
eekkaa

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 12:44:33 AM

apparently not, bitcoin will be the king of all cryptocurrency and become the most expensive, if bitcoin is replaced then there will be a price game in all altcoin.
Layonk

Activity: 210

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 02:11:42 AM

for me it cannot be, because if the bitcoin price increase meaning there are still many people who are still buying it and if bitcoin increases continuously for sure there will be more investors will buy, repeat.

We know recent price is increasing and i also believe more investor will buy and make the price to the moon.
But remember, nothing last forever. Bitcoin also will not increase forever. Will come the time that price decrease and make chance for another coin to replace it.  But i know the possibility is very small but at least there is chance.
CreatePrivateServer

Activity: 79
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 02:55:38 AM

If there's something even more powerful, yes.

If not no. First to start always stand a higher chance to win.
BugFrame

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 03:52:53 AM

Yes I think it's possible. In the future when Bitcoin transaction will take too much time to complete and mining difficulty of Bitcoin rise too high I think there will be another altcoin will replace Bitcoin to be the best cryptocurrency and it must be ETH
tranquangvinh

Activity: 546

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 04:28:08 AM

The possibility of bitcoin being replaced by another cryptocurrency is very difficult. Because I think bitcoin is the first virtual currency and also
the platform for other currencies to appear. Although now, slow mining process and high fees, etc... are also due to the high bitcoin prices,
it is perfectly reasonable.
kimpena

Activity: 250

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 04:42:11 AM

Well, yeah i think so. There is a possibility that bitcoin can be replaced by other cryptocurrency if these currency becomes more powerful than bitcoin. Today, bitcoin is considered as the most powerful cryptocurrency, this is where cryptocurrency starts. There are people who keeps on fighting bitcoin, but still bitcoin is very strong. Bitcoin, no matter what happens will be the first cryptocurrwncy we've known, if it'll be replaced by other then it will be great thing to others who prefer other cryptocurrency than bitcoin.

Dr.Osh
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1004

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 04:48:05 AM

for now, there is no potential altcoin to replace bitcoin. but, I think we can not underestimate the potential of other altcoins. could appear altcoin that has a very big price in the future.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 06:14:24 PM

for now, there is no potential altcoin to replace bitcoin. but, I think we can not underestimate the potential of other altcoins. could appear altcoin that has a very big price in the future.
Anyone who wants to despair can just easily move to another alt as no one is really holding or forcing anyone not to do anything.

The truth here is that bitcoin has been able to experience a lot, the devs have been working through thick and thin and a lot has happened that we have been able to overcome, and then we expect another coin that has not even experienced anything to just gain the trusts of investors overnight which would end up being powerful than the trust that is already there for bitcoin ? It is one thing that would be very hard to see and we may never see.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: