Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:33:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: could bitcoin be replaced by another crypto currency?  (Read 11951 times)
Zigzagkuy

Activity: 384
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:07:10 PM

I think it's hard to replace bitcoin right now because bitcoin is so popular. Bitcoin is also the first digital currency and it's hard to replace it. I'm not sure there will be another coin replacing bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dmamigo

Activity: 1232
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:48:40 PM

I think it's hard to replace bitcoin right now because bitcoin is so popular. Bitcoin is also the first digital currency and it's hard to replace it. I'm not sure there will be another coin replacing bitcoin.

At the moment I don't see any coin replacing or overtaking Bitcoin. Bitcoin is well far away from being replaced. Recently people do talk about few Altcoins which has potential to overtake and yes everything is possible, but its just prediction and guessing.
canvan

Activity: 149

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:52:55 PM

At the moment I don't see any coin replacing or overtaking Bitcoin. Bitcoin is well far away from being replaced. Recently people do talk about few Altcoins which has potential to overtake and yes everything is possible, but its just prediction and guessing.

Ethereum does everything bitcoin does and then more, it is used for a wide variety of things where bitcoin isn't ideal.
don.kihot

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 08:06:43 PM

If bitcoin will grow as fast as it is now, then soon all alto coins will die. People will stop taking interest in them, because they become cheaper. Everyone will invest in Bitcoin

01asd

Activity: 238
Merit: 112

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 08:19:44 PM

For now, there is no potential altcoin to replace bitcoin. But, I think we can not underestimate the potential of other altcoins. could appear altcoin that has a very big price in the future.
Anyone who wants to despair can just easily move to another alt as no one is really holding or forcing anyone not to do anything. The truth here is that bitcoin has been able to experience a lot, the devs have been working through thick and thin and a lot has happened that we have been able to overcome, and then we expect another coin that has not even experienced anything to just gain the trusts of investors overnight which would end up being powerful than the trust that is already there for bitcoin ? It is one thing that would be very hard to see and we may never see.

It could happen, and it could not happen. It depends on future circumstances and technological developments in the future. If a cryptocurrency or a more sophisticated solution from Bitcoin might occur, it might happen. But for the current cryptocurrency, it seems impossible. We know that the current highest cryptocurrency price is Bitcoin and Ethereum. The price of Ethereum when compared to Bitcoin is very different and the price increase is also very different. But there are some people who say that the development of protocols could make Ethereum's price go beyond Bitcoin sometime in the future. I'm not too sure of this.
innocent93
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 08:47:11 PM

Regarding this topic i'm thinking that Ethereum has some good chances to reach or even replace bitcoin but at this point nobody knows what would happen in the marketplace.
MRX-

Activity: 267

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 08:56:37 PM

At first I thought it was impossible for Bitcoin to be replaced since it is the first cryptocurrency, but you are right, some altcoins may have better features than Bitcoin and people may prefer them instead.

Here's an analogy, lets imagine all cryptocurrencies are like mobile phones. Bitcoin is Nokia, and started the mobile phone trend. And soon after everyone started using Nokia. But brands like Blackberry, Samsung and Apple soon created their own phones, and Apple made a major breakthrough with a touchscreen function, where everyone gradually switched to that after a while, and now Nokia is outdated.

Bitcoin has our trust now, but other cryptocurrencies might overtake BTC in the future. Smiley

Yes, I too see the potential of alt coins replacing bitcoin. Right now the biggest issue with bitcoin is its sluggish transaction, although bitcoin was intended to be a payment system, how can this possible be a payment system when its transaction speed is extremely slow. THEN altcoins comes in.
hlarisimus2014

Activity: 406

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 09:39:28 PM

Bitcoin can not replace a centralized currency. But it can become an alternative. People will now have a choice and they will be able to use both crypto and fiat

☉☉☉ ARTCOIN.AI ☉☉☉ ▐| BLOCKCHAIN ART GALLERY SYSTEM |▌
◐ o ◑ Blockchain Can Bring The Fine Art Investment World Together ◐ o ◑
┣▇  MEDIUM  ┣▇  FACEBOOK   ┣▇  TWITTER   ┣▇  LINKEDIN   ┣▇  PINTEREST   ┣▇  INSTAGRAM
Osarman

Activity: 952
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 06:42:11 AM

IMO i think it is very possible, with good marketing and platform i believe at some point there will be a new kind of crypto currency that could beat bitcoin as our technology is always progressing.
Yes it’s possible, but the chances of another cryptocurrency replacing Bitcoin as the number one is like 10%/100% , which means that it is less likely to happen. And don’t tell me is all about good market, cause all of them are into good marketing, no one would like to be into bad marketing, or would you? No you won’t. The thing is that people have chosen Bitcoin as their first choice, and that’s how it will remain, until they change their choice.
7daystodie

Activity: 186

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 06:47:44 AM

i do this question because i´ve read in this website issues with bitcoin, slow mining process, high fees, etc. and i´ve read too good reviews of some altcoins, ethereum (smart contracts), ripple (for transfers between banks), dash and nem. these altcoins called 2.0. could bitcoin become just in future virtual gold reserved to companies and rich people?
All is, bitcoin slowly dies and in its place come alternative and younger and dynamic coins. Therefore, altcoins is our next step in crypto-currencies and life.

Xenoph0bia

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 11:16:56 AM

for now, there is no potential altcoin to replace bitcoin. but, I think we can not underestimate the potential of other altcoins. could appear altcoin that has a very big price in the future.
Anyone who wants to despair can just easily move to another alt as no one is really holding or forcing anyone not to do anything.

The truth here is that bitcoin has been able to experience a lot, the devs have been working through thick and thin and a lot has happened that we have been able to overcome, and then we expect another coin that has not even experienced anything to just gain the trusts of investors overnight which would end up being powerful than the trust that is already there for bitcoin ? It is one thing that would be very hard to see and we may never see.
No I don't think that any altcoin or cryptocurrency can replace bitcoin at the moment or in the coming future.Bitcoin has gained a new height and has made a lot of followers in the last eight years.It has almost reached $15,000.Investers of bitcoin have now gained a lot of profit.Moreover,all the other cryptocurrencies and altcoins are regulated according to bitcoin only.But yes we cannot predict the future.Anything can happen.
egonzalezburns1

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 11:37:29 AM

No it can't be. Bitcoin really hard to beat down for now, when the whole community put the trust on it, 14k5$ for each bitcoin for now is the best proof.
dulce dd121990

Activity: 294

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 11:42:50 AM

In my own perception, bitcoin now a days is already popular and most outstanding cryptocurrency in the world of cryptocurrencies. It is already in the top above all and by its status and features, it is impossible for the other cryptocurrency to replace the bitcoin. 

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
Saksham

Activity: 570
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 12:08:40 PM

Bitcoin is like the first step to the Moon so no, it won't disappear or be replaced, it is unique and it is the reason why people trust in blockchain technology. Bitcoin will always be Bitcoin.
kasansa

Activity: 118

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 01:35:58 PM
Last edit: December 07, 2017, 01:52:15 PM by kasansa

As according to bitcoin it has a long time hope for approximatly 20 to 25 years in the digital crypto curency world , no wonder at that time the technology may  be high by unimaginable height without any limit. These are the only fiction guesses.

Fappanu

Activity: 1111
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 01:42:26 PM

As according to bitcoin it has a long time hope for approximatly 20 to 25 years in the digital crypto curency , no wonder that at that time the technology may  be high by unimaginable height with no any limit. These are the only fiction guesses.

If what you said is true that bitcoin has that lifespan then maybe it can be replaced by another cryptocurrency.  But if there is no valid date for the existence of bitcoin, then I do not think that it can be replaced.  Bitcoin is the foindation of all digita coins.  If bitcoin will be gone so as digital currencies.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 02:04:46 PM

As according to bitcoin it has a long time hope for approximatly 20 to 25 years in the digital crypto curency , no wonder that at that time the technology may  be high by unimaginable height with no any limit. These are the only fiction guesses.

If what you said is true that bitcoin has that lifespan then maybe it can be replaced by another cryptocurrency.  But if there is no valid date for the existence of bitcoin, then I do not think that it can be replaced.  Bitcoin is the foindation of all digita coins.  If bitcoin will be gone so as digital currencies.
Bitcoin can really get replaced by another type of cryptocurrency because people will not use bitcoin if bitcoin is not a good coin anymore and if the fee is so high then they will not use bitcoin because they are wise and they will transfer to another coin that will become their primary coin for an investment and also for long term usage.
Perseusallen

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 02:42:56 PM

I think no one or no other cryptocurrency would can replace bitcoin. Cause all know that bitcoin value has increasing time by time so do you really think that theres a crypto that will just open and surpass bitcoin no.
Xising

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 04:28:41 PM

The answer is yes however, due to it's popularity, demand, and sky high value ($15K) today, it will definitely take time before it happens. Ethereum is a good example, with its added features, it is gaining popularity much faster than expected. It is not impossible that other crypto currency would even surpass BTC and ETH's flexibility and features so I think it's anyone's guess who will be at the top in the future.
twicezeroiszero

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 11:07:49 PM

Bitcoin can really get replaced by another type of cryptocurrency because people will not use bitcoin if bitcoin is not a good coin anymore and if the fee is so high then they will not use bitcoin because they are wise and they will transfer to another coin that will become their primary coin for an investment and also for long term usage.
You do not need to wait more times, I am a crypto user and I am using other cryptocurrencies for my transaction.
I like to using altcoin for my transaction, because it does not limit as Bitcoin in a field, for anonymous transaction, I can use Monero, for fast transaction, I can use Ripple and for safe, I will choose Ethereum Tongue.

Tra

╓███▄
                            ]████▌
                            ]███▀
         ╓▄▄█████████▄▄    ,▄█▀  
      ▄████▀▀█████µ   `▀▓██▀`    

╓████╜   ╙███████▄▄█▀▀`▀▄    
   ]███▌        "▀██████▌    ▓Ç  
   ]███        ,▄█▀" ▀████   ]█  

▓██      ▄█▀▀     ▓███▌  á█  
     ▀██╖ ╓▄█▀        ▓███▌ ▄█▌  
       ▀███▒         ╓███████`   

,▄██╜"▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▀      
   ,▄██▀                         
  ▄██▌                           

╓████▌                           
█████┘                           
 ▀▀▀                             
ion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
 Transitions You to A Crypto-ready Society 

Github   Telegram   Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Reddit   Youtube
 TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO 
u
\ \ \ \
/ / / /
PRE-SALE STARTS APRIL 15, 2018
/ / / /
\ \ \ \
u
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: