Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:45:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: could bitcoin be replaced by another crypto currency?  (Read 11951 times)
matchi2011

Activity: 1456
Merit: 267

Buy $BGL before it's too late!

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 09:17:16 AM

Which cryptocurrency? if you referring to the coins with their devs lurking around exchanges to dump on poor and unaware people then no, there is an alternative for bitcoin yet not many showing any interest at all it's like they get sick if they ever try to use Litecoin, I don't see why couldn't LTC worth $1200 by now, maybe the governments and their agencies which are pumping ETH and other so called decentralized coins have no stash of Litecoin, as a bitcoin fan if I ever wanted to pick a coin as the second crypto I'd pick LTC, it is really undervalued right now.
No one knows, but I think the coin is Ethereum could replace bitcoin, if bitcoin riding hundreds of percent in 6 months, ethereum rise to thousands of percent, I'm sure the ethereum is big candidate to replace bitcoin.
Etherium currently is the closest to btc when it comes to value but to consider the closeness of the two rates, eth still has a long way to go to catch up to btc. And btc is also not slacking up, picking momentum that can go well beyond next year. I don't think at this rate there's any alt out there to challenge btc yet

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ██████████████▄▄▄
       ▐███████████████████▀
       ████████████████▀▀
                    ▀
                            ▄▄
      ███████████       ▄▄████
     ▐██████████▌      ███████
     ███████████      ███████▀
    ▐██████▌         ███████▀
    ███████       ▄▄███████▀
   ▐██████████████████████▀
  ▄█████████████████████▀
▄██████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
██████▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 12:51:53 PM

i do this question because i´ve read in this website issues with bitcoin, slow mining process, high fees, etc. and i´ve read too good reviews of some altcoins, ethereum (smart contracts), ripple (for transfers between banks), dash and nem. these altcoins called 2.0. could bitcoin become just in future virtual gold reserved to companies and rich people?
Logically yes, bitcoin can or may be replaced by another ceyptocurrency, but practically it is very hard to rule out the trust and faith bitcoin gathered over the years to simply do away with it. Since it was the first to lead, it will lead by the time others catch up.
Himanshu111

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 01:24:47 PM

It is possible that some other cryptocurrency may replace Bitcoin because transaction in Bitcoins charge very very high transaction fees which makes bitcoin's use impossible for small transactions
But it would take at least 3 to 4 years for some altcoin to rise to level of Bitcoin and replace it.
jeraldskie11

Activity: 1246
Merit: 356

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 03:40:54 PM

We cannot know exactly if that bitcoin will replace by another cryptocurrency because we don't know what is the next move of bitcoin developers after we reach its limit. They have a lot of experience because they are first in history so maybe they can increase the limit of bitcoin or make another bitcoin again because bitcoin is the most popular and most of the countries are only adopting btc not alts. Like in thw Philippines, we can only cashout on bitcoin not alts.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
choppork

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 04:49:58 PM

I honestly doubt that something this big will happen. It might happen but it's not going to happen overnight. The
new coin to replace bitcoin has a really fast pace on its growth that even a regular guy notices it. It doesn't take long for bitcoin users to migrate to another coin but it does take a while for bitcoin to get replaced. First, the coin has to solve all bitcoin's major issues. Secondly, the coin has to be hyped a lot and is supported by all cryptocurrency advisers. Third, the coin should be long enough for people to trust it.

On second thought, bitcoin can die on its own and be replaced by the second coin that we have. The coin doesn't have to do anything at all. It will automatically replace bitcoins.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
passionsurf

Activity: 546

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 05:24:56 PM

Not necessarily "replaced" but overtaken for sure. ETH is already on the verge of overtaking BTC, and this could potentially happen by the end of the year even.
Biggapp

Activity: 574
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 06:01:33 PM

Which cryptocurrency? if you referring to the coins with their devs lurking around exchanges to dump on poor and unaware people then no, there is an alternative for bitcoin yet not many showing any interest at all it's like they get sick if they ever try to use Litecoin, I don't see why couldn't LTC worth $1200 by now, maybe the governments and their agencies which are pumping ETH and other so called decentralized coins have no stash of Litecoin, as a bitcoin fan if I ever wanted to pick a coin as the second crypto I'd pick LTC, it is really undervalued right now.
No one knows, but I think the coin is Ethereum could replace bitcoin, if bitcoin riding hundreds of percent in 6 months, ethereum rise to thousands of percent, I'm sure the ethereum is big candidate to replace bitcoin.
Yes you are right that ETH has a good potential to grow and also the price of ETC is growing growing very faster but I think looking at the increasing price of both bitcoin and ETH, we should know that the price of bitcoin is such a high that it will be very difficult for ETH to overcome it and also bitcoin is accepted by some countries and due to its popularity the bitcoin cannot be replaced by other crypto or ETH.
gribble

Activity: 966
Merit: 552

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 06:09:11 PM

Of course yes, bitcoins can be replaced by another cryptocurrency, the best candidate of coin is ethereum
 i can see on coinmarketcap the capitalization of ethereum always increased,
ethereum has chance to replace bitcoins also ethereum has many dapps be made on there
and many people adopt ethereum than bitcoins.
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2017, 06:15:20 PM

It's almost certain to be replaced due to the unwillingness/inability to act on the scalability issues. Someone will always come along with a better offer and in the tech world, the advantage of being first to market doesn't last long.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Nahl
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 03:25:59 PM

the popularity and bitcoin users has been increase day by day and i always consider bitcoin as the king of cryptocurrency and if the king has dead then there is no altcoin could replace him even some people says there are some altcoins possible to replace bitcoin in the future but i still trust bitcoin still strong so my answers for OP questions is there is no another cryptocurrency could be the replacement of bitcoin
bitbob82

Activity: 630

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 11:56:32 PM

Of course yes, bitcoins can be replaced by another cryptocurrency, the best candidate of coin is ethereum
ethereum has chance to replace bitcoins also ethereum has many dapps be made on there
yes everything can happen no doubt about it but  but i think it is not so easy because bitcoin is becoming more and more stronger as compare to other currencies. and therefore bitcoin is still the number one cyrpoto currency.
SMH17

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 11:59:21 PM

Not only is possible, is even very likely. However the fact there are tons of new altcoins create much confusion and makes the process more slow.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 01:38:27 AM

In my opinion yes,  bitcoin will be replaced by another crypto currency in the future but not now because there will be problems for bitcoin in the next few years and somehow it will be hard to be solved so there will be the time of another crypto currency to take over bitcoin and be the new king which is most of the people will like to use as a replacement for their bitcoin.
bit1
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 01:59:04 AM

In my opinion yes,  bitcoin will be replaced by another crypto currency in the future but not now because there will be problems for bitcoin in the next few years and somehow it will be hard to be solved so there will be the time of another crypto currency to take over bitcoin and be the new king which is most of the people will like to use as a replacement for their bitcoin.
What happens is that it may continue to be used in parallel, while it is the most widely used and has the security that it offers, there will be faster options and in fact there are, but depending on the use and what is required to do, besides while there is conversion between one and another, so from that premise it might be that BTC  may to have less probabilities that the rest of being replaced.
freebutcaged

Activity: 588
Merit: 541

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 02:16:12 AM

There is a great deal of chance that Bitcoin could indeed turn into a digital pure gold in the next 5 years, but in order for any altcoin to surpass

Bitcoin then they will have to surpass the hashrate and the price as well, that is unlikely in sight for it to happen because if Bitcoin becomes the

Digital gold then for another coin replacing it they will need to have a much higher price but if they do that then in term they will become a digital

Gold themselves, you see how complicated that is? no other coin could easily go above BTC because currently it's beyond any basement mining

And is a serious industry, if a coin doesn't have a great and large infrastructure in place and has a high price then something is wrong, maybe

It's a pump and a fake market? I would invest on a coin with Bitcoin's hash power or at least %80 of it but I will treat it as an alternative nothing more.
itsallpc

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 06:44:07 AM

At first I thought it was impossible for Bitcoin to be replaced since it is the first cryptocurrency, but you are right, some altcoins may have better features than Bitcoin and people may prefer them instead.

Here's an analogy, lets imagine all cryptocurrencies are like mobile phones. Bitcoin is Nokia, and started the mobile phone trend. And soon after everyone started using Nokia. But brands like Blackberry, Samsung and Apple soon created their own phones, and Apple made a major breakthrough with a touchscreen function, where everyone gradually switched to that after a while, and now Nokia is outdated.

Bitcoin has our trust now, but other cryptocurrencies might overtake BTC in the future. Smiley
Crypto currency market is entirely different from mobile market.Both cannot be compared.Bitcoin has gained trust all over the world and its not an easy task.Many altcoin devs have tried their best to replace bitcoin with their altcoin.But they didn't even reach near bitcoin.They promised to deliver some features which were not found in bitcoin.But still,they are unable to replace bitcoin.I think its hardly not possible for any altcoin to replace bitcoin.
ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 06:58:32 AM

yes everything can happen no doubt about it but  but i think it is not so easy because bitcoin is becoming more and more stronger as compare to other currencies. and therefore bitcoin is still the number one cyrpoto currency.
I don't think such a replacing is possible with bitcoin. Because bitcoin is volatile, which makes it more popular but this won't let the cryptocurrency to keep a nation in a sustained growth. Ethereum has the potential to grow as an alternate to the bitcoin, same as that bitcoin serves as an alternate to traditional currency.
theunbeatable

Activity: 546
Merit: 258

I could either watch it happen or be a part of it

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 07:32:37 AM

Bitcoin is reigning as a number one Cryptocurrency in a few years, well it's a fact that were sratching our heads in high fees and veeeeerrryyy long waiting period in transactions speed and as the combination of all of the above that's been said here; trust, credibility, service ---- this thing's are hard to earn, yup we're experiencing some slowdowns but as an open source program, everyone is finding some solutions on what to do on these problem and of course when things really got rough --lets say 20 years or more when some new alts is on the edge in every manner then let's face the fact that the prime of BTC is over just like the prime of fiat.
aTriz

Activity: 1218
Merit: 683

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 08:58:30 AM

i do this question because i´ve read in this website issues with bitcoin, slow mining process, high fees, etc. and i´ve read too good reviews of some altcoins, ethereum (smart contracts), ripple (for transfers between banks), dash and nem. these altcoins called 2.0. could bitcoin become just in future virtual gold reserved to companies and rich people?

In my opinion, it is extremely unlikely. Anything has a chance to happen, however, so we can't really discredit altcoins altogether. But let's just say this - most of the altcoins are invented to benefit the founder and early adopters because there is either a premine, a crowdsale in which all the funds go to the founder of the altcoin, instamine, or a few hundred blocks that only the founder has access to solo mining, essentially guaranteeing his rewards.

Also, taking into account that bitcoin is the first crypto to ever exist, i think it's fair to say that bitcoin won't ever be succeeded by another altcoin, just like silver will probably never overtake gold even though it is better to conduct small transactions with. Whether or not bitcoins ends up in the hands of the rich is something that is out of our control.

shadowdio

Activity: 1876
Merit: 289

Zawardo

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 09:11:21 AM

there is possibility that bitcoin will be replaced by another cryptocurrency because of the high transaction fee I think ETH slowly crawling to be number 1 crypto but bitcoin is the mother of all coins, well we don't know what will happen in the future,  could it be or not.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: