Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:25:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: could bitcoin be replaced by another crypto currency?  (Read 11951 times)
kateryana81

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 06:30:36 AM

Until this week, I would have said no, but now the prices are just way too high and the fees are way too high too. There isn't anything that BTC can do that LTC can't. Not only that, I think privacy and being untraceable will be a bigger and bigger concern in the coming years. I see the crypto investment community splitting in 2 major directions:

1. Scalability and government approval (Cardano, Ripple, Waves, Stratis)
2. Privacy focused (Monero, Verge, XSPEC, ZEN, Onion)

BTC won't be replaced by just one thing, it will be replaced by a cluster. The absolute monarch (BTC) will fall to the council of oligarchs (top alts). This is much like the historical cycles of governments.
Ethereum is far away from bitcoin and it is not capable of leading bitcoin not in the near future or far future. Bitcoin is the sole successful survivor of crypto market. It is the oldest digital currency and has very deep roots in the crypto market.

Ethereum is a kid as compared to bitcoin and this coin needs a lot of improvement in order to meet the position of bitcoin. I am sure that bitcoin will continue the reign of legacy.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
joromz1226

Activity: 798
Merit: 258

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 12:05:46 PM

i do this question because i´ve read in this website issues with bitcoin, slow mining process, high fees, etc. and i´ve read too good reviews of some altcoins, ethereum (smart contracts), ripple (for transfers between banks), dash and nem. these altcoins called 2.0. could bitcoin become just in future virtual gold reserved to companies and rich people?
Perhaps yes, because one of the example of it was Sweden, were they are planning to extinct their paper money/fiat to their country for the coming 2023, meaning they will use digital and credit card as payment or to buy anything.
Rascar Capac

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 12:14:01 PM

I don't think that bitcoin can be replaced by any other cyprtocurrency at this stage. We can see bitcoin cash rising a bit, but it will probably die out soon. The maximum I could see bitcoin cash in is as a great altcoin, such as ethereum. At this stage of the game, I wouldnt say that bitcoin needs to fear of any real competition. The future should be bright for bitcoin!
roxbit

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 02:15:11 PM

I don't think that bitcoin can be replaced by any other cyprtocurrency at this stage. We can see bitcoin cash rising a bit, but it will probably die out soon. The maximum I could see bitcoin cash in is as a great altcoin, such as ethereum. At this stage of the game, I wouldnt say that bitcoin needs to fear of any real competition. The future should be bright for bitcoin!

Nothing is impossible because of the technological advances this days. Someday someone may develop a new crypto currency that can surpass the bitcoin that we have now. Something better and even more interesting. We cannot deny that many people are into bitcoin and someone maybe tempted to compete.
andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 01:42:10 AM

As of the moment i don't think some altcoins can overtake bitcoin because bitcoin now is well established and it has a lot of supporters and investors. I agree too that it's impossible for some coins now to reach it's price and support but who knows in the future there is one altcoin that will follow the path of bitcoin in terms of price.
The only way for an alt to surpass bitcoin will be to solve some of the issues that has plagued the bitcoin network for a long time, and that is the high fees that are a huge problem right now, many coins promise that but the devs of those coins are simply lying or exaggerating to get more investors.
apolonio

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 06:23:36 AM

I thin that there are too many and so many alternative cryptocurrencies out there.But i think that even if there are too many alts out there i think that bitcoins can never be replaced by other cryptos.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
CryptoKinger

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 06:29:59 AM

Hopefully the lightning network gets up and running along with an increase in block size.

Bitcoin has a lot of problems, but I dont think another coin will just emerge and replace it unless there is a strong and substantial backing from relevant sources.

As others have stated, the fees are too high, but if any other coin had the same market dominance that bitcoin has, their transaction fees would be high as well.

And obviously, if another coin replaced bitcoin, it would mean to some extent that bitcoin failed, which means that the only coin with ‘brand recognition’ by the general consumer had failed, which would be bad for the cryptocurrency market.
anavir

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 06:37:25 AM

if it continue to fall its price i think yes because people are after of the high price..nobody wants to earn a small profit only

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
brascopck

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 06:41:55 AM

If the price of bitcoin is not going down, bitcoin will stay on the top and never be replaced by another cryptocurrency. Bitcoin is the most popular crypto currency though and the price is also very expensive for a price of a coin. If bitcoin fall, i think bitcoin cash and ethereum can replace bitcoin
Chrisjay29

Activity: 392
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 07:36:34 AM

i do this question because i´ve read in this website issues with bitcoin, slow mining process, high fees, etc. and i´ve read too good reviews of some altcoins, ethereum (smart contracts), ripple (for transfers between banks), dash and nem. these altcoins called 2.0. could bitcoin become just in future virtual gold reserved to companies and rich people?

Will in my opinion its possible many currrency are now show up no bdy know those token will up next to bitcoin.They all say everything goes up must go down.But  if bitcoin will replace my predicyion is ethereum will be on top.. its only prediction...but who knows... ethereum have many investor and ico and trading are using them...
MAJICOIN

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 08:17:06 AM

For my experience and attachments with the crypto market i will say that bitcoin will not replaced by any other coin in the market because the use of bitcoin is high while if we look at the altcoins in the present time the buyers are less than the bitcoin and that's why they bitcoin is highly valuable in the market for now. We are not so much aware of the future whether the people interest will more or become less to the bitcoin.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]              
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬    
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
Adek nadia

Activity: 86
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 10:46:13 AM

I think for the future altcoin will also be able to rival the bitcoin glory because now it is very much altcoin that attract people one of them ethereum and nxt, so I'm sure both will be able to compete with bitcoin in the future .

GLOBAL REIT: Blockchain berdasarkan
Investasi Real Estat Pertama yang pernah ada, 〔http://globalreit.io/〕
portotoi

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

Blockchain with a Purpose

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 10:51:14 AM

No,Bitcoin couldn't replaced by another crypto currency. I think, in the world Bitcoin is known as the mother of all crypto currency. It is more profitable than all other crypto currency and the people who is related to crypto currency world know this information very well.So,it is impossible to replace Bitcoin by other crypto currency

Bitcoin is really the original and other altcoins are just after the bitcoin. thta is why they are called altcoins which is stands for alternate coins of bitcoin because they can never be a bitcoin. Even though they have a great value but still they cannot beat the bitcoin.

cr_liev

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 09:44:20 AM

Of course it can be replaced, being original doesn't mean being the best. The secret of bitcoin's popularity is all the hype around it. Just open your eyes and see how many ambitiotus projects use other more sophisticated blockchains!
djablom1

Activity: 125

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 10:23:08 AM

Bitcoins are not replaced by other digital currencies. The first name of bitcoin to become a digital currency is caused by a certain world environment and a certain coincidence. The results are not replicable. In the revolution without another digital currency, bitcoin is unique!
Being first in the crypto market, bitcoins have some superior features that are not found in any other coin, although bitcoins and other coins and same strategy of work, same work frame but the beauty that bitcoins had showed in the past was never shown by any other coin. That is the reason I think bitcoins are more likely to dominate the market in future too against other coins.
To be honest, this question was very amused to me, because I do not know what cleverness It can catch up with Bitcoin or At the extreme case catch up with the price that Bitcoin has to date.
I agree with you maybe the price cannot be replaced but other things can like bitcoin is the first and that means it is old if someone came with a better advanced one it could get more attention but the price will never be as high as with bitcoin.
tonyvo2017

Activity: 526

Lifestyle & Wellness Platform

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 05:53:37 AM

that might happen. Actually the fees for digging bitcoins are quite large and you have to spend a lot of time digging bitcoins. But bitcoin has had a pretty successful year of very strong price increases, which makes bitcoin a lot of people know and invest in it. It is possible to infer the bitcoin is a lot of people trust to invest in and of course its price will also improve. So it takes a lot of time to get to bitcoin.

btctalker77

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 05:54:44 AM

Bitcoin has the brand recognition. No altcoin can take that away from it. For most people there is only Bitcoin, they don't even know other cryptocurrencies exist.
sorin90

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 05:59:25 AM

I'm not sire that btc can be replaced by another coin for the time beeing. But in the future it's possible. The fact that it's getting harder to mine will only add to its value, but the high transaction fees and the time it needs to be processed its a big issue, so it might be replaced in the future

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Anco_Marzio

Activity: 186

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 09:19:43 AM

We'll see. bitcoin has a strong brand, but also well known structural problem.
And at present is useless as currency, due to high fees and long processing time.

Lupus Solitarius

Activity: 273
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 09:52:52 AM

It's possible, due to present bitcoin's difficulties, but  I don't think it will replaced so fast: the public just now start to accept the idea of cryptocurrency, and bitcoin is the only know, for the moment.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: