Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:19:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Klondike 1 Avalon Asic chip Mini USB miner  (Read 70595 times)
2weiX
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005

this space intentionally left blank

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 06:28:42 PM

I'll buy 200 @ 0.5 each to resell on my site.

I would be willing to buy for .6 if you did that but we need to see where the price is going to level out at. Hopefully it will pop back up to at least 115.

from a buyers perspective, if ur pricing mining equipment in BTC, price of btc:usd should really not matter... since these things are for mining bitcoins only, your ROI would always remain in BTC... skip converting to scam currencies Smiley

Their issue is that they have to purchase the raw equipment in fiat.

thats the sellers problem.

Right but if bitcoin goes to sub 90, sub 80, or even sub 70 these miners will be more expensive because of the cost it takes to make them

ALRIGHT

I'd take 200 @ 50$  each then.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stephwen

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 07:27:23 PM

I won't mind getting some at 0.2btc each ..... Grin

maybe when btc is at 260 again lol
oh, the good old times
turtle83

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Supersonic

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2013, 07:27:57 PM

I would be willing to buy for .6 if you did that but we need to see where the price is going to level out at. Hopefully it will pop back up to at least 115.

from a buyers perspective, if ur pricing mining equipment in BTC, price of btc:usd should really not matter... since these things are for mining bitcoins only, your ROI would always remain in BTC... skip converting to scam currencies Smiley

Right but if bitcoin goes to sub 90, sub 80, or even sub 70 these miners will be more expensive because of the cost it takes to make them

ALRIGHT

But avalon chips are priced in BTC. if 1 BTC price becomes $1000 ... then the chip itself is worth $78... Wink

HowGudAmI

Activity: 294

BTC --> ??? --> PROFIT

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 09:22:16 PM

ALRIGHT

But avalon chips are priced in BTC. if 1 BTC price becomes $1000 ... then the chip itself is worth $78... Wink

Avalon would alter the price if there was a large fluctuation in BTC/USD in either direction.

Smiley
Noitev (OP)

Activity: 812
Merit: 505

The Last NXT Founder

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 11:22:53 PM
Last edit: June 10, 2013, 01:01:02 AM by Noitev

ALRIGHT

I'd take 200 @ 50$  each then.

The chip is part of the cost, but it is a small part, if BTC goes up,the price of the miner will go down, except for a small bit that is based on the chip, still don't have clue 1 what manufacturing actually costs right now so i Said 0.6 ($70) for bulk orders.

I'll price them in USD I guess

1 - $90 each*
10 - $75 each*
50 - $ 70 each*
100 - $60 each*
*Add 0.1 BTC to price for the chip

(ex. If you want 10 miners and if BTC cost 100 USD, it would be 7.5 BTC + 1 BTC + shipping total.
ex. If you want 100 miners and if BTC cost 200 USD, it would be 30 BTC + 10 BTC + shipping [possibly free])

All orders will be in BTC, the final price will be decided in BTC when I have them in hand based on the BTC price at that time.

Still rough estimates. still don't know what they'll cost to manufacture. I got in on a relatively early avalon order and hope they are done fast. If they cost less to make or there is little demand by the time they come in, the price will go lower. Same is true for the opposite.
SoggyLettuce

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 12:53:48 AM

The chip is part of the cost, but it is a small part, if BTC goes up,the price of the miner will go down, except for a small bit that is based on the chip, still don't have clue 1 what manufacturing actually costs right now so i Said 0.6 ($70) for bulk orders.

1 - $100 each*
10 - $75 each*
50 - $ 70 each*
100 - $60 each*

(ex. If you want 10 miners and if BTC cost 100 USD, it would be 7.5 BTC + 1 BTC + shipping total.
ex. If you want 100 miners and if BTC cost 200 USD, it would be 30 BTC + 10 BTC + shipping [possibly free])

All orders will be in BTC, the final price will be decided in BTC when I have them in hand based on the BTC price at that time.

Still rough estimates. still don't know what they'll cost to manufacture. I got in on a relatively early avalon order and hope they are done fast. If they cost less to make or there is little demand by the time they come in, the price will go lower. Same is true for the opposite.

So what ever happened to your below $100 promise you made at several points in this thread. I thought that the prices would obviously include the chip since you already have them but is it going to be above 100 for 1 now because of the added .1 per chip?
Noitev (OP)

The Last NXT Founder

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 12:59:54 AM

1 - $100 each*
10 - $75 each*
50 - $ 70 each*
100 - $60 each*

So what ever happened to your below $100 promise you made at several points in this thread. I thought that the prices would obviously include the chip since you already have them but is it going to be above 100 for 1 now because of the added .1 per chip?

touche, but I really prefer not doing small orders.

edit: I did say under 1 btc, but it was 125 then... I'll do 90 for singles + chip, but still prefer at least 10 each.
SoggyLettuce

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 01:03:50 AM

1 - $100 each*
10 - $75 each*
50 - $ 70 each*
100 - $60 each*

This is beginning to seem like you really have no idea what things are going to end up costing so why give people like me something to nitpick over by releasing these high prices? This was initially praised as the quarter stick for being a quarter of a hundred dollars but I guess we might have to rename it.
Noitev (OP)

The Last NXT Founder

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 01:08:36 AM

1 - $100 each*
10 - $75 each*
50 - $ 70 each*
100 - $60 each*

This is beginning to seem like you really have no idea what things are going to end up costing so why give people like me something to nitpick over by releasing these high prices? This was initially praised as the quarter stick for being a quarter of a hundred dollars but I guess we might have to rename it.

It may be 25 in parts sans the chip, Im offering assembled boards/ chips. I expected nitpicking. People ask for info, and when they get it, they wish they never got it :/

The optimal way I want to do this is possibly just only doing it via group sellers, at which case you can expect a more wholesale price. I keep saying if you have chips and a manufacturer, by all means, get them for $30. BKK has personally told me he doesn't know what'll cost so I can't say for sure, when it becomes known, Ill try to adjust it accordingly. I'm offering a service to have you pay a premium for it all to be done and shipped asap as opposed to doing preorders and shipping chips and this and that. If the boards don't work or never come back or avalon doesn't ship, I'm taking the risk...

In the end I might do a reverse auction, but I kinda wanted to sell them asap since they are time sensitive. We'll see when they get here, still have a lot of time.
SoggyLettuce

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 01:14:21 AM

That's reasonable...We should work on finding someone who is willing to organize the group buy then. Cheers for the great explanation. I just think that the prices scared me a bit.
Noitev (OP)

The Last NXT Founder

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 01:15:50 AM

That's reasonable...We should work on finding someone who is willing to organize the group buy then. Cheers for the great explanation. I just think that the prices scared me a bit.

No worries. In a few months, I'm sure someone will be able to. I think I can work a deal out with canary for him to do a group sell.
sensei

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 03:03:14 AM

It may be 25 in parts sans the chip, Im offering assembled boards/ chips. I expected nitpicking. People ask for info, and when they get it, they wish they never got it :/

Far less than half of that in parts, minus the chip. Labor is altogether different as is value.
BkkCoins

Activity: 784
Merit: 1009

firstbits:1MinerQ

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 06:35:51 AM

Just a cross post for those not following the K16 thread.

K1 test boards are here and I'll be working on assembling a few for testing next. The firmware is mostly done and I'm expecting by the time the ASIC samples arrive the kinks will be worked out and I can focus on just the ASIC data signal issues.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 07:31:48 AM

No worries. In a few months, I'm sure someone will be able to. I think I can work a deal out with canary for him to do a group sell.
the more you wait for shipping(not counting, before the products is finished, of course) the less value they will have
for example is not right to sell them at even 0.5 btc when the difficulty will reach 50M...
I won't mind getting some at 0.2btc each ..... Grin

maybe when btc is at 260 again lol
or difficulty too high.. you know
see above...
albon
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1371

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 09:47:21 AM

I am very interested if this gets off the ground

█████████████████████████
██
█████▀▀███████▀▀███████
█████▀░░▄███████▄░░▀█████
██▀░░██████▀░▀████░░▀██
██▀░░▀▀▀████████████░░▀██
██░░█▄████▀▀███▀█████░░██
██░░███▄▄███████▀▀███░░██
██░░█████████████████░░██
██▄░░████▄▄██████▄▄█░░▄██
██▄░░██████▄░░████░░▄██
█████▄░░▀███▌░░▐▀░░▄█████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
█████████████████████████
.ROOBET 2.0..██████.IIIIIFASTER & SLEEKER.██████.
|

█▄█
▀█▀
████▄▄██████▄▄████
█▄███▀█░░█████░░█▀███▄█
▀█▄▄░▐█████████▌▄▄█▀
██▄▄█████████▄▄████▌
██████▄▄████████
█▀▀████████████████
██████
█████████████
██
█▀▀██████████████
▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
    PLAY NOW    
pazor
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 11:19:16 PM

question:

can the usb stick be slim enough to fit at every port on a usb hub like this one so all ports can be used?

treuhand-Dienst gewünscht? - frag per PM an
BTC 174X17nR7vEQBQo4GXKRGMGaTmB49Gf1yT
erschiessen

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 11:23:22 PM

So sexy.

Your Message Here
12KHW3i2Hamk1irY8b181N4vMXUnVYL1ah
bitcoiner49er

Activity: 457

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 11:37:05 PM

question:

can the usb stick be slim enough to fit at every port on a usb hub like this one so all ports can be used?

Easier with this one:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005NGQWL2/ref=mp_s_a_1_17?qid=1371080142&sr=8-17&pi=SL75

Homo doctus is se semper divitias habet
BkkCoins

Activity: 784
Merit: 1009

firstbits:1MinerQ

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 11:46:01 PM

question:

I won't be slimming down the board at this stage. I mentioned it early on and no one showed interest. I wouldn't recommend running a heap of K1s this way. Much better to start with a K16 board and only populate as many chips as you have. But if you have to then choose a USB hub where the ports are oriented the other way, or only populate half (the cheap ones can't handle more), or use the daisy chain connector to chain all K1s off a single USB with only power supplied via USB, eg. a power bar with small USB power blocks.

These are available cheaply on ebay. No USB hub required.

pazor
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 11:50:33 PM

ok...
i will try this usb hub then

treuhand-Dienst gewünscht? - frag per PM an
BTC 174X17nR7vEQBQo4GXKRGMGaTmB49Gf1yT
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: