Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 03:21:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Klondike 1 Avalon Asic chip Mini USB miner  (Read 70595 times)
HowGudAmI

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

BTC --> ??? --> PROFIT

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 06:10:39 PM

Anyone know how soon these could make it into peoples hands? I would probably be a day 1 preorder for a few dependant on price/ship date.

Smiley
newtothescene

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 07:00:05 PM
Last edit: May 11, 2013, 12:24:30 AM by newtothescene

Very interested Smiley
Noitev (OP)

Activity: 812
Merit: 505

The Last NXT Founder

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 08:10:59 PM

Anyone know how soon these could make it into peoples hands? I would probably be a day 1 preorder for a few dependant on price/ship date.

This is literally in a state of waiting for avalon. they have yet to release chip specs, until then the boards apparently can't be progressed any further. When pre-ordering is an option, I'll set it up.
SpaceCadet

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

Just mining my own business...

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 08:21:14 PM

VERY interested, but also skeptical... 
juve4v

Activity: 505
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 08:42:59 PM

I'd buy a couple too for <=1 BTC
ionstorm

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 08:54:30 PM

for this to be a success the price needs to be below 50 each, i'll buy 10 if they are under 30
BkkCoins

Activity: 784
Merit: 1009

firstbits:1MinerQ

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2013, 07:28:36 AM

I've been tinkering with the 3D rendering in Kicad this morning so people can see what this could look like.

My current projection for retail price is $16 for a kit, and $25 for assembled - both NOT including the ASIC.

A kit would include a plastic stencil (1 per order only) and heat sink, and you'd need a skillet or toaster oven, and some skillz to put it together. I still have to source a suitable heat sink - something 1" x 1.5" would be ideal. I'm looking for something awesome but cheap.

Assembled ones would be ready to use - you'd send me an ASIC, I'd assemble and ship back.

This is upside down.
The bottom will have something covering it like compound or a plastic wafer of some sort. The top would be a heat sink - no 3D model for that.

You won't see these until at least July but if I have a sample ASIC then I'll make a prototype and take pre-orders when I know it's functional, pending only ASICs then. Check out my Klondike 16 board if you need more than 1 ASIC per board. I'm expecting the K16 won't need to be fully filled, and at $35/kit would be better for multiple chips.

Noitev (OP)

The Last NXT Founder

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 07:36:11 AM

I've been tinkering with the 3D rendering in Kicad this morning so people can see what this could look like.

My current projection for retail price is $16 for a kit, and $25 for assembled - both NOT including the ASIC.

A kit would include a plastic stencil (1 per order only) and heat sink, and you'd need a skillet or toaster oven, and some skillz to put it together. I still have to source a suitable heat sink - something 1" x 1.5" would be ideal. I'm looking for something awesome but cheap.

Assembled ones would be ready to use - you'd send me an ASIC, I'd assemble and ship back.

This is upside down.
The bottom will have something covering it like compound or a plastic wafer of some sort. The top would be a heat sink - no 3D model for that.

You won't see these until at least July but if I have a sample ASIC then I'll make a prototype and take pre-orders when I know it's functional, pending only ASICs then. Check out my Klondike 16 board if you need more than 1 ASIC per board. I'm expecting the K16 won't need to be fully filled, and at $35/kit would be better for multiple chips.

quoted and added to post 1
madmax_ger

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 07:41:15 AM

interested Smiley

http://btcinvest.net/bitcoin-mining-profit-calculator.php - check it out!next difficulty + time leftcustomizable monthly (diff + USD/BTC) increasements device lead timeupdate: auto-compares device costs to BTC-buy profit ♥ 1btciBCKb59TbzNj5QzC2EXWDARxtJL1f
adamthefishman

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 07:48:21 AM

Interested in a few dozen if you can get chips included.
HowGudAmI

Activity: 294

BTC --> ??? --> PROFIT

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 10:30:48 AM

Will there be no option to have a ready to mine option? to save extra time and shipping with me having to source a chip to send to you.

I probably want atleast 2 at these prices. Will there be an option to pay in BTC ?

Smiley
BkkCoins

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2013, 11:06:15 AM

Will there be no option to have a ready to mine option? to save extra time and shipping with me having to source a chip to send to you.

I probably want atleast 2 at these prices. Will there be an option to pay in BTC ?
Probably not from me. I just don't have the chips. But I'm sure someone else will step in and do that. I'll sell wholesale board/parts and they'll assemble with chips and sell complete.

Chefnet

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 11:10:31 AM

@bkk

I can do so for EU if you want a reseller (pm'd you some days ago without an anwser).

BkkCoins

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2013, 11:20:18 AM

@bkk

I can do so for EU if you want a reseller (pm'd you some days ago without an anwser).
I've been getting way too many PMs lately and some may get missed. I read them all but sometimes if they don't need an immediate answer I let them slide as there's more waiting. I want to get the design and programming done. Most likely anyone that wants to buy from me and resell will be able.

BitHub

Activity: 253

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 04:29:33 PM

could anyone kindly organize a group chip buy for this thread that will be sent directly to BKKCoins
allten

Activity: 455

You Don't Bitcoin 'till You Mint Coin

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2013, 05:12:19 PM

This is upside down.

I'm just looking into KiCad for the first time. Very interesting. Has your experience been positive?
This single chip USB miner is what I had set out to do originally (been very busy and away for a while), but still 100%
committed. Most of the non-avalon portion of the schematic is complete with good and cheap components selected ready to order.
If you plan to make this single AVALON USB miner open source like the Klondike, would you post it on Github?
I'll start learning KiCad right away (it's open source; it deserves the time) and integrate my discoveries/designs into
what you have so far for peer review.

Please email me.

BTW, does anyone have a name for this device yet? It needs one.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 05:18:03 PM

Please consider doing a 2-chip version. Downclocked to 256 mhz would be a really nice usb stick.

Buy & Hold
Noitev (OP)

The Last NXT Founder

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 05:28:23 PM

Probably not from me. I just don't have the chips. But I'm sure someone else will step in and do that. I'll sell wholesale board/parts and they'll assemble with chips and sell complete.

I'll sell them wholesale, individual. Will set it up as time goes on.
eroxors
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Think. Positive. Thoughts.

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2013, 06:50:17 PM

Please consider doing a 2-chip version. Downclocked to 256 mhz would be a really nice usb stick.

Pipedream, but downclocked via. USB 2.0 / standard clock via. USB 3.0. would be awesome.

erschiessen

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 07:16:23 PM

Here's my first pass on the Klondike 1 PCB layout.

Prettied up with designer colours.

Board is 1" wide and 1.5" long with USB tab sticking out about 0.5". I just realized I'll need to flip over the USB tabs so that the heat sink is on top. No worries, always stuff to fix up, but lots of time before any chips show up. This will run the same firmware as I'm developing for the Klondike 16 and 64.

Also noticed I lost some thermal vias during the copy over from 16 chip board. Ha ha, I was going to redo them anyway. It's just a quickie to see how it'll fit together.

Bkk,
Is it possible to have the USBs in 2 different directions?

A 'normal' and 'goofy'?

Your Message Here
12KHW3i2Hamk1irY8b181N4vMXUnVYL1ah
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: