Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:28:32 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Klondike 1 Avalon Asic chip Mini USB miner  (Read 70597 times)
dnaleor
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000

Want privacy? Use Monero!

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 03:20:37 PM

(An assembled unit would have an ASIC installed but it would have to be provided or arranged somehow, eg. a group buy sending a batch to me).

The avalon chips are currently going for 16$ each on ebay (http://www.benl.ebay.be/itm/50-x-Avalon-ASIC-Bitcoin-Mining-Chips-14-1-GH-s-BFL-FPGA-/111075436905)

Maybe we should already start organizing ourselves? I know it's early, but then everything will be more efficient.
I know I'm just a starter on this forum, and just a few months into bitcoin, but I would never cheat people. But maybe someone else would be better so people can trust that user.

However, we could already start a list for interested people based on the region where they live?
I'm from EUROPE (Belgium)

Anyone interested in creating a group buy?
I would buy at least
2@100$
5@50$
10@30$

Group buy EUROPE (copy past and add to the list)
-dnaleor (2-10 depending on the price)
mtbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 876

Etherscan.io

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 03:28:26 PM

I posted somewhere way back up the thread that I thought a kit could be $16, and assembled $25, both without the ASIC. I'm not sure what the ASIC will end up costing people. I bought mine back when BTC was quite low and it was $6 each. Now I think they're going for almost double that.

I think that is still a reasonable target price now. Expect somewhat lower prices for bulk qty.

(An assembled unit would have an ASIC installed but it would have to be provided or arranged somehow, eg. a group buy sending a batch to me).

Thanks!

$25 assembled excluding the Asic seems like a fair price and I think this should sell out without any issues. At present prices we are looking at around $40 for completed unit together with an asic and basic shipping/handling (taking your $3 registered shipping which i know you mentioned somewhere). I can already see a lot resellers stocking these up and selling them in their own regions/country. This would be good as it would introduce many new users to bitcoins. Personally I am planning to buy a bulk of these and give them away as gifts to friends and family.

EtherScan::Ethereum Block Explorer | BlockScan::Coming Soon
Noitev (OP)

Activity: 812
Merit: 505

The Last NXT Founder

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 05:41:25 AM

<- Is reselling in the usa

I posted somewhere way back up the thread that I thought a kit could be $16, and assembled $25, both without the ASIC. I'm not sure what the ASIC will end up costing people. I bought mine back when BTC was quite low and it was $6 each. Now I think they're going for almost double that.

I think that is still a reasonable target price now. Expect somewhat lower prices for bulk qty.

Thanks!

$25 assembled excluding the Asic seems like a fair price and I think this should sell out without any issues. At present prices we are looking at around $40 for completed unit together with an asic and basic shipping/handling (taking your $3 registered shipping which i know you mentioned somewhere). I can already see a lot resellers stocking these up and selling them in their own regions/country. This would be good as it would introduce many new users to bitcoins. Personally I am planning to buy a bulk of these and give them away as gifts to friends and family.
jfisbein

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 04:27:21 PM

interested
BkkCoins

Activity: 784
Merit: 1009

firstbits:1MinerQ

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2013, 01:54:36 AM

First batch of 20 test boards just ordered.
Expect to see them here in 10-12 days if all goes well.
Smiley

Noitev (OP)

The Last NXT Founder

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 05:01:47 AM

Smiley

added to post 1

wonderful! can't wait!
allten

Activity: 455
Merit: 250

You Don't Bitcoin 'till You Mint Coin

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2013, 05:18:08 AM

Smiley

That's awesome!

Great job BkkCoins.

Are you referring to the single Avalon chip or the Klondike?

-Allten
Noitev (OP)

The Last NXT Founder

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 05:20:50 AM

Smiley

That's awesome!

Great job BkkCoins.

-Allten

I think the boards that houses the chips, no one has chips besides the people with avalon miners I think.
BkkCoins

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2013, 05:21:44 AM

Smiley

That's awesome!

Great job BkkCoins.

-Allten
This is the K1. The K16 I'm holding back a few days to check more. I already have a few small changes first.

Oh, and as soon as I uploaded the K1 gerbers I noticed an issue. Doh! So I've updated and sent again which I expect should be fine as they won't even start making them for a few days.

allten

Activity: 455

You Don't Bitcoin 'till You Mint Coin

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2013, 06:03:46 AM

Smiley

That's awesome!

Great job BkkCoins.

-Allten
This is the K1. The K16 I'm holding back a few days to check more. I already have a few small changes first.

Oh, and as soon as I uploaded the K1 gerbers I noticed an issue. Doh! So I've updated and sent again which I expect should be fine as they won't even start making them for a few days.

Did you find anything from my schematic/design useful? Your NOR + EUSART idea was a real life saver. I'm pretty confident it's going to be a good solution.

Do you have any ASICs to test out your design? That is something I'm lacking.
BkkCoins

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2013, 06:16:20 AM

Did you find anything from my schematic/design useful? Your NOR + EUSART idea was a real life saver. I'm pretty confident it's going to be a good solution.

Do you have any ASICs to test out your design? That is something I'm lacking.
I think looking at your design made me realize I had forgotten to put in the pull-up resistors on the NOR gate inputs. The PIC has programmable weak pull-ups and so I didn't have to explicitly put them in, which I forgot about when I stuck in the gate. And, making me feel senile, I slipped again on the K1 with the same thing when I should have known.

No ASICs now. Current expectation from zefir is end of June by the time they get here.

I have someone who is thinking about pulling one of their 1st batch Avalon modules for me. That's so counter productive for him that I understand his reservations. I suggested we wait until I'm at the point where they would really help and then see how much the community wants to chip in to offset his mining loss to gain the extra time in board production.

Given the delay from Avalon - Zefir - User I don't expect any end users to have chips until late July.

dan99

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 06:51:11 AM

interesting ..i hope sample chip will be sooner
btceic

Activity: 392

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2013, 10:15:14 AM

possibly interested for 10 @ the $40-$50 price range

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
DobZombie

Activity: 896
Merit: 532

Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 12:23:36 PM

I'm buying 240 Avalon chips. If I can sell half of them as USB miners I might be able make back much of initial investment?

Depending on...
Parts only option
Or
Board built without chip
Or
Ease of attaching the chip to the k1 board.

Watching Smiley

Tip Me if believe BTC1 will hit $1 Million by 2030
1DobZomBiE2gngvy6zDFKY5b76yvDbqRra
TomKeddie

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 03:08:51 PM

I have someone who is thinking about pulling one of their 1st batch Avalon modules for me. That's so counter productive for him that I understand his reservations. I suggested we wait until I'm at the point where they would really help and then see how much the community wants to chip in to offset his mining loss to gain the extra time in board production.

I think it will take a lot of skill and he right equipment to remove those chips successfully.  I guess you could pre bake them perhaps.  As I'm sure you know, it is going to take a lot of heat to free the thermal pad from the board.
ultraimports

Activity: 188

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 03:15:06 PM

I'm interested - put me in for 10 as I have 10 chips ordered Smiley (whenever they get here)
wrenchmonkey

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 04:11:58 PM

I think it will take a lot of skill and he right equipment to remove those chips successfully.  I guess you could pre bake them perhaps.  As I'm sure you know, it is going to take a lot of heat to free the thermal pad from the board.

A basic rework station and a suction pen should make safe removal/reinstallation of the chips a simple process. So easy, even a wrenchmonkey could do it!  Cheesy

Block Erupter Overclocking 447 M/Hash, .006 (discounts if done in quantity) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300206.msg3218480#msg3218480

Buy and sell mining shares (Bitfury). https://cex.io/r/1/wrenchmonkey/0/
ooeygooeygold

Activity: 465

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 06:30:02 PM

Interested.
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1596

Well hello there!

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 03:50:16 AM

Absolutely Interested!!

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
Nemo6910

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2013, 10:02:53 PM

Really interested, 30-50$ that's cool !
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: