Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 11:45:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Klondike 1 Avalon Asic chip Mini USB miner  (Read 70595 times)
SpaceCadet

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

Just mining my own business...

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 03:48:24 PM

i'm also interested in a completed product, only.
but at no more than 0.5 btc per unit

+1
Tigggger
Legendary

Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 05:15:37 PM

To clarify, I'm going to sell COMPLETED units to people when I get them made. I have ordered 592 chips in a group buy and am using them to buy and sell completed, ready to use, boards.

If they are anywhere around the $50 / 0.5BTC mark, I predict your entire batch of 592 chips will be gone in seconds.

cardcomm

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 05:20:33 PM

Correct, there are some who have chips and can build them for you and those who can build only if you provide chips.

I am the latter of these. I don't have chips to provide to others, but I offer a build service to those who have the chips. I can provide everything else if needed. bkkcoins is has also talked of providing parts kits (excluding Avalon chips) as well.

If you provide only the Avalon chips, I can build the K1 USB miner for you for 0.3 BTC.

If you provide the Avalon chips and the remaining parts from a bkkcoins parts kit, I will assemble the K1 USB miner for you for 0.1 BTC.

I hope to take you up on this for at least a few - I'll hopefully have some extra chips after my 16 chip boards are assembled...

Easily see your cgminer status with my cgminerLCDStats app:  http://cardcomm.github.io/cgminerLCDStats/
Did my post help you or make you laugh? Let me know with Bitcoins at: 1CQfpMHQ5zVuZ5i9uxSHSSx4J8ZhehSjn3  Smiley
FCTaiChi

Activity: 308

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2013, 11:05:43 PM
Last edit: June 04, 2013, 02:00:11 AM by FCTaiChi

Hi, I'm watching a lot of lists right now, I missed if Noitev mentioned what country they are shipping from.
I have it posted at the quoted 282 MH, but ASICminer is getting 336 from theirs...
and while we're at it has anyone quoted wattage for the K1 yet?  
Check out my chart and check my work on the spreadsheet

Mining Equipment Comparison Table                               Bitcoin News                             1nKAizrhGzvLfWBVfX8fGLAs6kxKV7aXM
Lohoris

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

Bitgoblin

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 10:13:01 AM

To clarify, I'm going to sell COMPLETED units to people when I get them made. I have ordered 592 chips in a group buy and am using them to buy and sell completed, ready to use, boards.

If they are anywhere around the $50 / 0.5BTC mark, I predict your entire batch of 592 chips will be gone in seconds.
Which is exactly why the price needs to be higher.

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
bigbeninlondon

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 01:06:54 PM

Let's see what the difficulty is when these are available.  I think that'll influence the price a bit.
HowGudAmI

BTC --> ??? --> PROFIT

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 11:57:31 PM

Let's see what the difficulty is when these are available.  I think that'll influence the price a bit.

Very true!. I would be happy to buy one even if it only returned me my initial investment and a little on top just for the chance to dabble with mining.

Smiley
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2013, 12:04:41 AM

Maybe when it no longer pays the electricity it uses you can buy it a battery and solar panel, maybe even a little windmill and see if it can pay for those... Wink

Heck maybe it will turn out it will pay for those and a garden gnome or two before it actually dies!

("And, children, this little wonderland is great-grandpa's mining-gnomes shrubbery maze, they say when he first built it it lacked all these pretty lights because he considered them a waste of power that could delay by decades the ROI..." Cheesy)

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Bitoy

Activity: 449

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 12:08:32 AM

i'm also interested in a completed product, only.
but at no more than 0.5 btc per unit

+1
cardcomm

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 09:20:07 PM

Correct, there are some who have chips and can build them for you and those who can build only if you provide chips.

I am the latter of these. I don't have chips to provide to others, but I offer a build service to those who have the chips. I can provide everything else if needed. bkkcoins is has also talked of providing parts kits (excluding Avalon chips) as well.

If you provide only the Avalon chips, I can build the K1 USB miner for you for 0.3 BTC.

If you provide the Avalon chips and the remaining parts from a bkkcoins parts kit, I will assemble the K1 USB miner for you for 0.1 BTC.

I'll definitely want to make use of this service.

Easily see your cgminer status with my cgminerLCDStats app:  http://cardcomm.github.io/cgminerLCDStats/
Did my post help you or make you laugh? Let me know with Bitcoins at: 1CQfpMHQ5zVuZ5i9uxSHSSx4J8ZhehSjn3  Smiley
sensei

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 01:18:50 AM

I'll definitely want to make use of this service.

See me here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=216952.0
btceic

Activity: 392

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2013, 01:35:39 AM

Any update to this?

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 01:37:32 AM

affordable USB miners - this concept can do A LOT to spread Bitcoin as you cannot even imagine.

Noitev (OP)

Activity: 812
Merit: 505

The Last NXT Founder

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 05:49:14 AM

Any update to this?

Not until avalon ships/ BKK gets his test boards...
BkkCoins

Activity: 784
Merit: 1009

firstbits:1MinerQ

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2013, 06:16:10 AM

Any update to this?

The K1 boards are sitting in Bkk now but it will be a couple days before I can get in there to pick them up. I have about 6 packages waiting for me.

In the meantime, I do have the Klondike firmware running in the PIC chip now and it pushes work and manages a work queue up to 4 units. All of the protocol cmds seem to be working fine with my test app. I can send it work, multiple units push after each one is done, abort work, check status, send new config and enable/disable.

I'm working a bit on the temperature / fan control now. That isn't used in the K1 except maybe for thermal shutdown, but it's needed for the K16.

btceic

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2013, 10:44:03 AM

Any update to this?

The K1 boards are sitting in Bkk now but it will be a couple days before I can get in there to pick them up. I have about 6 packages waiting for me.

In the meantime, I do have the Klondike firmware running in the PIC chip now and it pushes work and manages a work queue up to 4 units. All of the protocol cmds seem to be working fine with my test app. I can send it work, multiple units push after each one is done, abort work, check status, send new config and enable/disable.

I'm working a bit on the temperature / fan control now. That isn't used in the K1 except maybe for thermal shutdown, but it's needed for the K16.

Good to hear, thank you for all of your hard work!

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
SoggyLettuce

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 02:36:42 PM

Regarding this, do you think that an order limit of up to something like 10 k1's would be a good idea. This way people would be most likely mining with them instead of reselling for a much higher price like we saw with the block eruptors because anything over 10 and you would probably be better off just getting a k16. I just can see someone ordering 100 or so of these and then the rest of us scrambling to get one and having to buy one at a premium. I know this would be a bit of a nuisance for you but maybe we could have just a limit of 10 for the first day or so which would enable most people who want a small amount to get in and then after the first day people could start buying large orders and not take away the opportunity of many others.

Just and idea and thank you and BKK for setting this all up.
btceic

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2013, 02:44:39 PM

Regarding this, do you think that an order limit of up to something like 10 k1's would be a good idea. This way people would be most likely mining with them instead of reselling for a much higher price like we saw with the block eruptors because anything over 10 and you would probably be better off just getting a k16. I just can see someone ordering 100 or so of these and then the rest of us scrambling to get one and having to buy one at a premium. I know this would be a bit of a nuisance for you but maybe we could have just a limit of 10 for the first day or so which would enable most people who want a small amount to get in and then after the first day people could start buying large orders and not take away the opportunity of many others.

Just and idea and thank you and BKK for setting this all up.

+1 for all of us that don't have 1000 BTC @ $0.20 each.

Noitev (OP)

Activity: 812
Merit: 505

The Last NXT Founder

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 02:11:45 AM

It's so much easier to ship to retailers though!

I think it'll be something like (Prices VERY subject to change...)

1@ BTC 1
10@ BTC 0.75
50@ BTC 0.65
100@ BTC 0.6

I think ~550 will be sold and the rest mining personally and be kept as part of a limited warranty (if it breaks in X months, I'll replace it. While supplies last.)

Max order for first X days will be 10 units maybe? after that, if there are still any left, it'll be open to 50 and then 100.  General strategy assuming all the costs stay the same and bitcoin doesn't dip to low.
SoggyLettuce

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 02:48:29 AM

It's so much easier to ship to retailers though!

I think it'll be something like (Prices VERY subject to change...)

1@ BTC 1
10@ BTC 0.75
50@ BTC 0.65
100@ BTC 0.6

I think ~550 will be sold and the rest mining personally and be kept as part of a limited warranty (if it breaks in X months, I'll replace it. While supplies last.)

Max order for first X days will be 10 units maybe? after that, if there are still any left, it'll be open to 50 and then 100.  General strategy assuming all the costs stay the same and bitcoin doesn't dip to low.

I get that you are doing this to make profit off of the sales of these but I see no possible way someone is going to make back a 1 or even the .75 btc investment. I think this would be much better at .5 or under (without shipping costs of course)

I know I personally won't be interested at all even at the bulk prices.

You said it's easier to ship to retailers and I get that but not the extreme variance from 1 unit to 100 units..You aren't including shipping in these costs are you?

I mean a good example is arklan who had to ship out 300+ units at only a .1 markup of original price. 0.4 markup is absolutely insane and quite honestly I didn't even expect the units themselves to cost 0.4.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: