Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:46:19 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Vs Litecoin  (Read 6352 times)
zzSunZZ

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 08:12:34 PM

Litecoin has made like 50% during the last 24 hours

While Bitcoin kinda looks like stuck in the rut and slowly dragging ahead. Litecoin will likely make 50 dollars per coin tomorrow. Let's hope this is not a regular pump and dump thing (though I'm always ready to buy in whenever the opportunity comes up), and people did actually start to move their coins from the former into the latter (which they should do). I guess the "fair" price should be somewhere in the range of 500 dollars per coin. In short, let's make Litecoin great again!

Bitcoin isn't doing much for now because it has gone through a massive roller coaster already. Litecoin is the one that has been severely lagging behind not only Bitcoin, but also various other crypto currencies. Other than that, what justifies Litecoin to be worth $500 according to you? Don't come up with x coin has reached y level, and thus Litecoin should at least be $500....

My arithmetic is rather simple

And it has nothing to do with what you think I'm going to come up with. I assume that if Bitcoin kicks the bucket after August 1st (or comes close to that), Litecoin is likely going to take its place. But since the amount of litecoins is 4 times greater than bitcoins (21×4=84M), its price should be no less than ~2500/4>500 dollars per coin. Indeed, this is a wild estimate (though it is certainly not a guess), but given that Litecoin is technically superior to Bitcoin, its price should in fact be higher (and this is apart from its fast and cheap transactions)
I think its price will be 50 $ 70 $ 90 $ ..... 500 $. Can not say anymore . Ltc has been trading very fast and safe ^^
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 09:32:37 PM

For sure China is behind this LTC pump. And it's good for the bitcoin economy too the price did went up again. So after the ETH's positive movement, they are now trying to pump LTC. Well whatever coin will be pumped the beneficiary will always be bitcoin. Much better to have a lot of bitcoins while having those alts.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 09:51:26 PM

And it has nothing to do with what you think I'm going to come up with. I assume that if Bitcoin kicks the bucket after August 1st (or comes close to that), Litecoin is likely going to take its place. But since the amount of litecoins is 4 times greater than bitcoins (21×4=84M), its price should be no less than ~2500/4>500 dollars per coin. Indeed, this is a wild estimate (though it is certainly not a guess), but given that Litecoin is technically superior to Bitcoin, its price should in fact be higher (and this is apart from its fast and cheap transactions)

It's indeed very simple the way you have put it down. It makes no sense that just because Litecoin's total coin cap equals 4 times the coin cap from Bitcoin, that its price should more or less be 25% of Bitcoin's most recent value. What matters here is the actual usage that a certain coin experiences, how its network is set up, how centralized the mining aspect is, etc. Litecoin experienced some sort of an increase in terms of usage, but so have other alts. I don't see anything significantly interesting in Litecoin here.
Donaldturp

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 10:35:50 PM

Litecoin onyl has speculative groups behind it. This causes sometimes good price incrementals, but it is not as safe as bitcoin. In bitcoin the market is more deep with more participants and this makes extreme speculative movements exist less.
AicecreaME

Activity: 2380
Merit: 454

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 03:08:51 AM

The best investment for me is litecoin because the price of it is still cheap and if are always updated to the news then you already know that the dev of Litecoin is already get out from coinbase so he can focus on his own project which is one of the most stable top coin in the market; Litecoin. Litecoin is fast and also cheap in fees unlike in bitcoin that is already opposite of Litecoin.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2017, 06:03:23 AM

It's indeed very simple the way you have put it down. It makes no sense that just because Litecoin's total coin cap equals 4 times the coin cap from Bitcoin, that its price should more or less be 25% of Bitcoin's most recent value. What matters here is the actual usage that a certain coin experiences, how its network is set up, how centralized the mining aspect is, etc. Litecoin experienced some sort of an increase in terms of usage, but so have other alts. I don't see anything significantly interesting in Litecoin here

Indeed, it doesn't make sense unless you take into account factors which I specifically mentioned in my post and which you deliberately chose to ignore in yours. Litecoin is a Bitcoin copycat, so it is no surprise either that it has been lagging behind Bitcoin all this time. But now times have changed, and they will likely change even more, dramatically more after August 1st. Anyway, let's wait until Litecoin jumps over 100 dollars per coin, I would be interested to hear if you still saw nothing interesting in it

I will certainly let you know

Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 06:10:49 AM

I think ltc has been drowned for so long. For a month, do not leave 1 place for 0.011.
Currently there is a big price spurt. It has risen to 0.0154, equivalent to 38 usd. So maybe it's $ 70 in the coming time is not surprising. =))

it is the awakening of the chikun Cheesy
LTC, after the SegWit hype pump dropped down to 0.01BTC price range and has been keeping up there ever since. and as i said multiple times that was a very good sign. and we can now see that has led to another rise. and while everyone is so busy with the highly expensive and already in a bubble ethereum, all the other altcoins such as LTC and so many other small ones are rising like this and giving investors a lot of profit

We shall see if this growth persists

It would be a good sign (in fact, even a telling sign) if Litecoin continues to rise when Bitcoin goes down. One thing is rising along with the latter (even if faster than it), and it is a completely different one if Litecoin would rise despite Bitcoin going down. If this tendency comes to stay, that would essentially mean that Litecoin no longer blindly follows Bitcoin (as it has been most of the time) but now plows on its own, and people are likely moving their wealth from Bitcoin into Litecoin

well so far if i recall correctly this tendency was the opposite. meaning when bitcoin went up litecoin followed and when it dropped ltc also followed. this was the first time that bitcoin price drop initiated an LTC rise.
so it is hard to say if it going to stay or not because so far this was a one time thing and we can see bitcoin has already reversed direction and is now rising up again.

also it can be because of a couple of news about litecoin such as bitstam (which if i am not mistaken) added LTC market and posted a big supporting tweet for it.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 07:01:25 AM

If you really had a chance to invest in litecoin before the current rally started then it was a worthy investment,really interested to see how long this rally stays as they never had a break out rally for a very long time and the volatility is really low with litecoin and that is not the case with bitcoin as you will always have a good opportunity to make good amount because of the volatility.
bit1
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 07:44:39 AM

If you really had a chance to invest in litecoin before the current rally started then it was a worthy investment,really interested to see how long this rally stays as they never had a break out rally for a very long time and the volatility is really low with litecoin and that is not the case with bitcoin as you will always have a good opportunity to make good amount because of the volatility.
Curious that although the title does not mention the price, always only the price is associated in this kind of contest and it is automatically answered in function to that and not to other factors such as speed, safety, propagation, etc.
Mr.grin
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 08:48:00 AM

It is better to trade with bitcoin than litecoin. Well, the bitcoin price statistic increase is faster than ltc, besides, the bitcoin price is so big, so maybe you can make a profit in just a few days.
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2017, 09:02:55 AM

I think ltc has been drowned for so long. For a month, do not leave 1 place for 0.011.
Currently there is a big price spurt. It has risen to 0.0154, equivalent to 38 usd. So maybe it's $ 70 in the coming time is not surprising. =))

it is the awakening of the chikun Cheesy
LTC, after the SegWit hype pump dropped down to 0.01BTC price range and has been keeping up there ever since. and as i said multiple times that was a very good sign. and we can now see that has led to another rise. and while everyone is so busy with the highly expensive and already in a bubble ethereum, all the other altcoins such as LTC and so many other small ones are rising like this and giving investors a lot of profit

We shall see if this growth persists

It would be a good sign (in fact, even a telling sign) if Litecoin continues to rise when Bitcoin goes down. One thing is rising along with the latter (even if faster than it), and it is a completely different one if Litecoin would rise despite Bitcoin going down. If this tendency comes to stay, that would essentially mean that Litecoin no longer blindly follows Bitcoin (as it has been most of the time) but now plows on its own, and people are likely moving their wealth from Bitcoin into Litecoin

well so far if i recall correctly this tendency was the opposite. meaning when bitcoin went up litecoin followed and when it dropped ltc also followed. this was the first time that bitcoin price drop initiated an LTC rise.
so it is hard to say if it going to stay or not because so far this was a one time thing and we can see bitcoin has already reversed direction and is now rising up again.

also it can be because of a couple of news about litecoin such as bitstam (which if i am not mistaken) added LTC market and posted a big supporting tweet for it.

That may well be so

Nevertheless, Litecoin is pretty consistent now. It went for a small correction today but the price is still hovering above 40 dollars per coin. The next few days will reveal everything (if Bitcoin doesn't start a sudden rally of its own, of course). If the price continues to rise despite Bitcoin stagnating or even declining, these days may in fact turn out to be a tipping point of sorts, and we could finally see massive amounts of money flow out of Bitcoin (which might soon become a toxic asset) into this coin. So far I see people liquidating their Bitcoin stashes and mostly going for fiat

Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2017, 01:30:07 PM

It is better to trade with bitcoin than litecoin. Well, the bitcoin price statistic increase is faster than ltc, besides, the bitcoin price is so big, so maybe you can make a profit in just a few days.

During the last 48-hours, the LTC prices have increased by more than 50% in comparison to BTC. A saw a lot of posts here urging users to purchase LTC, but I was stupid to ignore them. With Charlie Lee pumping LTC big time, I expect the LTC exchange rates to hit the historical peaks (i.e BTC0.05, which was achieved either in 2014 or 2015).
scout5

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 03:04:11 PM

When speaking of long term, definitely bitcoin in my opinion. Litecoin is only great as of now because it has segwit implemented.
Bounty Hunter

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 03:58:20 PM

I think Bitcoin is the most stable cryptocurrency out there   Smiley
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2017, 04:11:18 PM

When speaking of long term, definitely bitcoin in my opinion. Litecoin is only great as of now because it has segwit implemented

Litecoin is not yet great

But we will certainly make it great again! Right now SegWit and Lightning Network are of no use in this coin (apart from testing purposes, obviously). But if Bitcoin fails dramatically after August 1st and Bitcoin wars go from cold to hot, this is when these improvements may have their say in grabbing all the people that will be desperately trying to drop their bitcoins like hot potatoes and save their wealth

bitcoinmasterlord
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 07:01:03 PM

During the last 48-hours, the LTC prices have increased by more than 50% in comparison to BTC. A saw a lot of posts here urging users to purchase LTC, but I was stupid to ignore them. With Charlie Lee pumping LTC big time, I expect the LTC exchange rates to hit the historical peaks (i.e BTC0.05, which was achieved either in 2014 or 2015).

Litecoin is not profitable for long term investment.  It is just short time trading we can use this coin. But for long term investment, we choose bitcoin is better. It gives an unpredictable profit in the future. How we got now to compare last year. And Bitcoin is safer to compare to Litecoin. Before I was thinking about this coin, but now I am shifted to ETH.
dmamigo

Activity: 1232
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 07:59:07 PM

Litecoin is not profitable for long term investment.  It is just short time trading we can use this coin. But for long term investment, we choose bitcoin is better. It gives an unpredictable profit in the future. How we got now to compare last year. And Bitcoin is safer to compare to Litecoin. Before I was thinking about this coin, but now I am shifted to ETH.

At the moment it might be good for short term. But I think and believe it has many chances to rise even higher and quite faster.
And long term it will be obviously profitable if you have the patience to hold it for years, but yes it is still unpredictable but its quite reliable in my opinion.
Skarner21

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

Massive price drop coming...

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2017, 08:42:27 PM

At the moment it might be good for short term. But I think and believe it has many chances to rise even higher and quite faster.
And long term it will be obviously profitable if you have the patience to hold it for years, but yes it is still unpredictable but its quite reliable in my opinion.
We don't know what will be the future price of litecoin since the price before is really high. For now its really not a good idea to invest in litecoin just my opinion and zacash or ethereum is a good choice to invest right now because the price are really increasing fast.. I have litecoin before but the problem i forgot the password login to my account my plan is to sell all my litecoin that i was collected before..

Make crypto as your bank.
bitcoin31

Activity: 1834
Merit: 523

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 09:27:00 PM

Bitcoin good investment and for sure you will make a lot of profit after few months.
Litecoin also is one promising coin in this year maybe the price of this coin is 100 dollars in the next week or maybe next months.

Both is good to invest and for sure if you buy this you will earn a lot of money
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 10:04:12 PM

Litecoin has made like 50% during the last 24 hours

While Bitcoin kinda looks like stuck in the rut and slowly dragging ahead. Litecoin will likely make 50 dollars per coin tomorrow. Let's hope this is not a regular pump and dump thing (though I'm always ready to buy in whenever the opportunity comes up), and people did actually start to move their coins from the former into the latter (which they should do). I guess the "fair" price should be somewhere in the range of 500 dollars per coin. In short, let's make Litecoin great again!

Bitcoin isn't doing much for now because it has gone through a massive roller coaster already. Litecoin is the one that has been severely lagging behind not only Bitcoin, but also various other crypto currencies. Other than that, what justifies Litecoin to be worth $500 according to you? Don't come up with x coin has reached y level, and thus Litecoin should at least be $500....
You're right, Bitcoin already done its bit, now it's Litecoin's turn  to do the catch up and which is precisely what it is about. After now, it would most likely start to mark time until Bitcoin sets the next pace. At any point in time that it becomes able stand its own ground ,that will market the beginning of its reign and chance to compete with any other coin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: