Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:05:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Safest way to keep bitcoins?  (Read 18351 times)
dwieyani

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 04:33:22 AM

Using the wallet is safer but many kinds of wallets should be selected as the safest wallet to store bitcoin, maybe with the blockchain and xapo it is safe because i use it too.
xbiv2

Activity: 560
Merit: 111

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 04:35:38 AM

New notebook with SSD 240GB.
Bitcoin-core 2014.
No any other software.

Lyancy001

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 04:55:46 AM

I hid all my bitcoins in other alts   Grin I don't know if that's the best way, but beats than putting it into something not secure.
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 05:15:15 AM

Using the wallet is safer but many kinds of wallets should be selected as the safest wallet to store bitcoin, maybe with the blockchain and xapo it is safe because i use it too.

There is a lot of wallets and popular ones are web wallets. I recommend you using some paper wallets because it is more secure than web wallets. The only problem is, you must write some words and then keep it so you're coins won't be hacked or robbed from you.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 05:22:35 AM

I hid all my bitcoins in other alts   Grin I don't know if that's the best way, but beats than putting it into something not secure.

Somehow it is secure but why you have to convert your bitcoin investments into alt coins? It's a usual way to hide your bitcoins in other alt coins. But the price of bitcoin now is increasing and there's no need for us to convert it to alts for safe keeping. You can use offline wallets / desktop wallets for the security of it.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
logicgate

Activity: 994
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 05:26:31 AM

Yes you are right there are many kind of wallet to safer our bitcoin, but yeah, block chain and xapo is safest wallet to keep our bitcoin for long time without any difficulties because it provide every users to complete security of bitcoin.
doomistake

Activity: 1400
Merit: 571

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 06:10:49 AM

I don't trust this web wallets to be honest, because this web wallets could be hack by the hackers by any ways do they want, if they will find a single hole on this, they could easily do the hacking, blockchain was hacked way back 2015(correct me if I'm wrong) million of dollars worth of bitcoin was stolen by a hacker, but the hacker was arrested though. My point here is that web wallets are too vulnerable when it comes to hacking, that is why if I were you, I'm going to use hardware wallets like Trezor, the transaction fee is a little bit high per transaction but at least your bitcoin is safe.

Storing bitcoin is about investing your future, that is why store it on something that is more secured than web wallets, let's not think about the price of this wallet because we could use this for a long time, and our bitcoin is safe. Smiley
lucifochrome

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 07:28:11 AM

Safe way is to follow standard security protocol. Don't believe in sites that seems to offer something in return of your personal information especially if it concerns password. Also change your password regularly, make a lenghty password and the other thing is never show the amount of bitcoin you have.
BTCbengi

Activity: 241

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 08:16:29 AM

What is the safest way to keep bitcoins.

Taken dangers like hacking, losing in to account!

That would never happen if you did not give your wallet account and password to someone else. Besides, keeping Bitcoin at the present time is too risky when the August 1 event is about to happen so everyone has sold out their Bitcoin.

Rinaze

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 08:29:01 AM

The safest and most secure way to store your BTC from what I know so far is probably a hardware wallet. However a hardware wallet is too expensive if you hold lower than a certain amount of BTC or altcoin. I'm quite surprise that there is no budget hardware wallet out in the market. The only budget hardware wallet was out of production and can only be bought from 3rd parties. Ledger did briefly mention in their reddit that they might develop another budget hardware wallet in the future though but the plan is definitely not their priority for now.

abdullahtahsin420

Activity: 133
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 09:05:11 AM

you can use your hardware wallet Cheesy
Roboabhishek

Activity: 882
Merit: 528

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 09:19:33 AM

The paper wallet is the best thing, Like you, I was also wandering around looking for the easiest way to keep bitcoins secure for a long time.
In this what you do is make a wallet then write down its private key somewhere and keep it in a secure place.
Because your private keys didn't go online so there's no way of getting scammed.
smauni
Copper Member

Activity: 484
Merit: 110

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 09:53:47 AM

The safest way for keep bitcoin is highly secured your wallets. Don't use same pass word in all account. Use the 2 step verify. I follow this steps.
It's my opinion. So the risk is your. Thanks.
Bunsomjelican

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 09:59:20 AM

Hacking, losing your account etc.  will happen if you give your secret password, private key, or phrase words.
But of course if you will become not neglectful it won't be happen.

KennyR

Activity: 2296
Merit: 532

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 10:08:57 AM

The paper wallet is the best thing, Like you, I was also wandering around looking for the easiest way to keep bitcoins secure for a long time.
In this what you do is make a wallet then write down its private key somewhere and keep it in a secure place.
Because your private keys didn't go online so there's no way of getting scammed.
Paper wallet is the best way to keep hold of bitcoins. I used to keep my bitcoin holdings in different wallets based on the requirement. Online wallet has a small amount and the same is for gambling purpose, whereas holding in the desktop wallet is a long term investment which won't be used at any instance rather than a emergency. For each and every wallet I secure the paper wallet which helps retain even at some collapse.

█████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
nexttime

Activity: 55
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 12:41:01 PM

I know that there are many different ways to store bitcoin. For example: storing mobile hard drive and electronic wallet online, but this is not safe. Dependency on online storage has recently made online storage more dangerous and difficult. The safest way is to store it in a storage tank called cold storage. This is a way to store bitcoins in a separate removable drive and store them in the safest places. That's a safe way
SamsungBitcoin

Activity: 532
Merit: 280

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 01:34:42 PM

Every bitcoin wallet having security key or private key is safe to store bitcoin, and i only suggest is do not store big amount of money like in the bank because bitcoin is too risky as savings or investment. Just put in your wallet the amount of money that you can afford to lose.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  sports
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀  ▄▄▄▀███▀▄▄▄  ▀█████
████  ▄█████▄ ▄█████▄  ████
███  █ █████▀ ▀█████ █  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀▀▄███▄▀▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀▄██ ███████ ██▄▀█  ██
██   █████ █████ █████   ██
███  █████▀▄▄▄▄▄▀█████  ███
████  ▀▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀█ ███ █▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████
▀▀       ▀▀████████
 ▄▄  ▀  ▄▄   ▀█████
 ▀    ▀█████▄  ████
   ▀█▄   ▀▀██▄  ███
 █▄  ▀██▄▄  ▀█▄  ██
  ▀█▄  ▀███▄  ▀  ██
█  ▀██▄  ▀███▄   ██
██  ▀███▄  ▀█▀  ███
███  ▀████▄    ████
 ▀▀█▄  ▀▀▀   ▄█████
▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███▀▀         ▀▀███
▀   ▄▄██▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▄████████▄  ▀█  ██
██████▄▀  ██▄    ██
████▄▀  ▄▀████▄  ██
██▄▀  ▄▀██████  ▄██
▄▀  ▄▀███████  ▄███
█▄▄▀███████▀  ▄████
▀████████▀  ▄██████
  ▀██▀▀   ▄████████
      ▄▄███████████
███████████████████
1mBTC
x 3 WINNERS
BET
MULTIPLIERS
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
boss2

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 01:39:47 PM

If you want keep your bitcoin safe then i will recommend you to use blockchain wallet for storing and please enable security settings like 2FA code,block tor request ,email verification etc.It will make your wallet more secure.
           thank you.
fathur.aza

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 01:48:52 PM

I save the bitcoin trumpet which I believe blockchain and xapo. I think they are secured.
Who uses this too?
Dimelord

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 02:02:30 PM

I am saving my bitcoins in my electrum wallet in my pc.Till now,i have found no safety issues in using it.A seed is generated while we register and open a new account.It could be used for recovering our account in the future in case of pc damage or if we forget the password.We could set the transaction fee manually.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: