Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 09:07:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Safest way to keep bitcoins?  (Read 18351 times)
ilovefeetsmell

Activity: 686
Merit: 510

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 02:13:34 PM

What is the safest way to keep bitcoins.

Taken dangers like hacking, losing in to account!
I think all the wallets are safe and secured no matter how smart you are on hacking details. You should have a backup of your security details. Half of your bitcoin must be in fiat cash then the rest are still in bitcoins.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████▀▀      ▀▀▀██████████████████
█████████▀▀▀     ▀▀▀    ▄▄▄▄  ▄██▀▀     ▀▀████████
███████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▄████████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄   ▀▀█████
██████   ▄█████████▄████████▀  ▄▄█████████▄   ████
█████   ▄█████████████████▀  ▄██████████████▄▄▄███
██            ██████████▀  ▄██████████████████████
█████   ▀█████████████▀  ▄██████████████████▀▀▀███
██████   ▀█████████▀▀  ▄████████▀█████████▀   ████
███████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄████████▀    ▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▄█████
█████████▄▄▄     ▄▄██▀  ▀▀▀▀   ▄▄▄      ▄▄████████
████████████████████▄▄▄     ▄▄████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
.Ethernity CLOUD.

...DECENTRALIZED CONFIDENTIAL COMPUTING...PUBLIC SALE Q3 2021.....REGISTER HERE..
futile-resistance

Activity: 840
Merit: 516

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 02:08:37 AM

Safe way is to follow standard security protocol. Don't believe in sites that seems to offer something in return of your personal information especially if it concerns password. Also change your password regularly, make a lenghty password and the other thing is never show the amount of bitcoin you have.
Smart advices, though! I second your thought. To keep your bitcoins really safe, the best way is to follow the standard security protocol. There are many scam websites which are keeping an eye on your accounts and waiting for you to give them your personal info. Besides this, I agree with you that changing passwords on weekly or monthly basis really help to keep bitcoins safe. It’s wise to jot down passwords and other information on piece of paper as well.
mongkie

Activity: 630
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 02:13:32 AM

i think the safest way to store your bitcoin is on exchanges and have your profile to be authenticated by two factors. i think that would lessen the instance of hacking because it is two factor authentication.

► HackenAI ◄ ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Facebook|Twitter|Medium|Reddit|Telegram|Whitepaper
L00n3y

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 03:09:46 AM

Did you heard the story of a burn building in London? Cause of the fire a guy lost 1000+ BTC which were in his paper wallet. So I would not call a paper wallet as 100% protected after such case. Yes, the possibility that it will happen to you is a little, but...  

If you put it that way, then no form of cold storage would help in such situation, unless you have the paper wallets or engraved metals with your keys stored in a safe that can withstand insane temperatures. I am quite up to date with the latest Bitcoin related news, but I haven't heard anything about someone losing 1000 BTC due to the fire in London -- mind sharing an article link?

I think a basement with a blastproof and fireproof vault will do? Haha. Well its really hard to keep a 1000 BTC and sadly he is so unlucky to have a fire in a house. Im hoping that the story is just a myth or else that BTC will be long gone. We should use graphene instead in engraving Bitcoins in plain surface but for the meantime Im using electrum because even big investors is just using electrum. I wonder what august 1 can do to our btc but Im hoping for the best.

Hardware wallet for the win! I am loving the Nano S. Easy use, easy backup and just a well designed system.
Im thinking of buying hardware wallet too but I cant decide which one? Im thinking nano or trezor? Which one is better?
sapnu

Activity: 1036
Merit: 286

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 03:29:40 AM

For me. You need to secure all your password especually in your wallet. If youre using web wallet you should keep you private keys to prevent it from hackers. You should regularly change your passwords with strong password. You should not use your personal information as a password. Hackers can easily access that.
Powerman001

Activity: 510
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 03:30:39 AM

i think the safest way to store your bitcoin is on exchanges and have your profile to be authenticated by two factors. i think that would lessen the instance of hacking because it is two factor authentication.

Yes, maybe it could be one of the safest ways to save bitcoins from the danger of theft or hacking. But do not you think if storing bitcoin on exchanger will cause you to have limited access to your bitcoin. Because not necessarily exchanger can also be relied upon, you better keep in your wallet that you have private key. Thank you
longpro098

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 03:48:05 AM

Do not use the same password if you use multiple wallets, social media, or other accounts, 2FA is also very important to make our wallet or secure account.
The user name and passphrase are written to a text file, not saved, and the smartphone takes a picture of the text file and then deletes it without saving the data.
mostkey

Activity: 742
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 03:49:23 AM

For me. You need to secure all your password especually in your wallet. If youre using web wallet you should keep you private keys to prevent it from hackers. You should regularly change your passwords with strong password. You should not use your personal information as a password. Hackers can easily access that.
When we save money in the exchange, it does not rule out that your bitcoin will disappear, because I've heard stories about hacked exchange, so it is better for us to secure the bitcoin in the wallet wallet that has security private keys
davids

Activity: 735
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 04:13:07 AM

If you want to avoid hacking you can use wallet hardware like trezor. If you want to use it anywhere and anytime better use online wallet. Online wallet provides security by using private key, so no one can access it except you
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 04:23:46 AM

If you want to avoid hacking you can use wallet hardware like trezor. If you want to use it anywhere and anytime better use online wallet. Online wallet provides security by using private key, so no one can access it except you

Though it will cost some bucks but this is one of the best way to keep safe your bitcoins. But you can just use seeds from electrum and just write it on a paper wallet for recovery or whatever happens to your desktop/laptop. Also if you have some spare laptop, you can use it as your personal wallet with desktop wallets.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
SvenBomvolen

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 04:29:42 AM

only a properly created cold storage or a trusted hardware wallet.
you can search for some hardware wallets if you are not tech savvy or don't want to bother learning how tos and if you are willing to pay. things such as Trezor or Ledger nano would work.

or you can learn more about cold storage and do it yourself easily. like creating a paper wallet with tools such as https://github.com/pointbiz/bitaddress.org or make a Trezor like cold storage on your USB disk yourself

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Cold_storage
Paper wallet is admitted as the safest one, but it is also can't give you 100% protection. There was a story on the forum how one British guy lost all coins in the fire, his paper wallet just get burned together with the house.
Hui8

Activity: 602
Merit: 259

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 09:45:12 AM

Just save it in the electrum. There are pretty good steps to secure your wallet. You can open up wallet by having Private key. Then the wallet will ask you to save a password for that wallet. In addition to this you will also have password for main wallet app itself. It would be hard to crack such wallet.

Aur3

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Embrace change

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 09:55:22 AM

It depends on how you want to use your coins. If you bought it as an investment to hoard "long-term" I would go for cold storage. {paper wallets}

,but if you want to regularly use these coins... I would suggest that you buy a hardware wallet. {Trezor} I would avoid the online wallets and services where you do not have the ownership of the private key. {also exchanges used as a wallet}  Roll Eyes

Great idea! I never thought of this.

Let's make a change. Change makes you better. Change makes you smarter. Change makes you healthier.
Lampaster

Activity: 406
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 10:03:11 AM

I recommend not to store bitcoins in online wallets. If you use bitcoin for long term storage you need to store your coins in different wallets in small amounts. Remember the smaller the amount in your wallet the less attractive your wallet to thieves.
Sarah08

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 10:37:08 AM

To make it more secured than the other wallet just put your bitcoin in a hardware wallet obviously no one could access your bitcoin from the internet means you are not vulnerable to hacking.it can only be access by thethe one who have a hardware so your theemotions one who can only access it just make a good care in that hardware.
hitlab

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 10:46:35 AM

Where do you guys keep most of your bitcoins, paper wallet or hardware wallet?

I have heard Andreas Antonopoulos say he keeps most of his bitcoins on a paper wallet in a safety deposit box at a bank
xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 10:56:53 AM

Where do you guys keep most of your bitcoins, paper wallet or hardware wallet?

I have heard Andreas Antonopoulos say he keeps most of his bitcoins on a paper wallet in a safety deposit box at a bank

I think as a newbie you might have much idea about wallet I guess. If you really understood about it then you can find the any wallet only to save your money. In that also you find the multiple type of wallets. I always prefer desktop wallet to have bitcoins and for security concerns you should share the private key and wallet.dat file.
criptobonds

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2017, 11:10:26 AM

Take criptobonds, they are secured and give a nice return.
Short ( 1 month) or long (1 year) term bonds are available.
BCTalkaccountforsale

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 11:30:57 AM

I think the blockchain wallet will be the best place for you to save bitcoin because this is a secure application that will be very difficult for hackers to get into your wallet.
novaprime

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

UniDApp - it's DeFi time!

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 11:53:41 AM

I think the blockchain wallet will be the best place for you to save bitcoin because this is a secure application that will be very difficult for hackers to get into your wallet.
I agree with you. Purses are always very secure because that is where people keep their money in the safest way. I think if using an unknown wallet is more likely to be attacked than

░░░▄▀█░░░▄░▄▄░▄░░░█▀▄
▄▄▄▀▀██▀░█▐▌█ ▀██▀▀▄▄▄
▐▌░░░▐▀░▄▀░▐▌░▀▄░▀▌░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▄▀▄▐▌▄▀▄░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▀▄░▀▀░▄▀░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░▄░█▄░▀▄▐▌▄▀░▄█░▄░░▐▌
▐▌░█▄█░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░█▄█░▐▌
▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
▐█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░
░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░█▀▄▄▀▄▄▀█░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
█▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█░░░░▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄██▀█▌▀▄
░░░██▄██▄▄█▀█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄█░░░░░█▄▄█▄█▄█▄█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░▀▀▄█▄█▄▀▀

░░░██▄▄░░██░██
▄▄░░░░░▀█░█▄▐▌░░░░░▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▐▌▄█▐▌░░░░█░▀▀
░░░░░░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░░░░░█░▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄
░░▀▀░░█▄▀▀▀▀▀█▄▀
░░░░░░░█▐▌▀█░█
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▐▌░█░░▀▀▀▀▀▀█
░░░░░░░░██░░▀▀▀▀▀██░██
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: