Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:33:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bitgrail - treating their users like shit  (Read 3889 times)
sluppy
Legendary

Activity: 2020
Merit: 1041

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 06:29:20 PM

is there any possibility altho  small that we will get our funds back anytime in the future? Or is it just done forever and there is no hope left?

Nobody has no solution for your answer but the thing is big no, after their announcement till now they didn't mention anything about whether they recover the fund or not. I think it is not possible to recover funds after the huge hack, but we can track where they are sending the fund.

It's all gone. Bitgrail can't do a refund based on the fact that it's an astounding $150 million.
Firano already admitted it on cointelegraph , if you haven't read it yet.  On the other side, Nano still doesn't want to modify the ledger to bring back the stolen xrb. So that's all, the end.

Take note - Most of all the hacked exchanges doesn't refund their customers. It's a miracle if they do.

Just Modify the ledger ... so all the stolen Nano that was sold on other exchanges are just given back to Mr Bomber  Users on Legit exchanges that bought NANO with their BTC and have it in their own wallets or on the exchanges would just lose everything thats very nice ..
You will personally replace their losses ?

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke -- May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.George Carlin
We pay for life with death , so everything in between should be free. Bill Hicks -- It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. Aristotle
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. Buddha -- The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mexicantarget (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1043

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 07:16:46 PM

tl;dr version of what's been happening in the last week?

Thanks in advance
npredtorch
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1049

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 12:57:31 AM

is there any possibility altho  small that we will get our funds back anytime in the future? Or is it just done forever and there is no hope left?

Nobody has no solution for your answer but the thing is big no, after their announcement till now they didn't mention anything about whether they recover the fund or not. I think it is not possible to recover funds after the huge hack, but we can track where they are sending the fund.

It's all gone. Bitgrail can't do a refund based on the fact that it's an astounding $150 million.
Firano already admitted it on cointelegraph , if you haven't read it yet.  On the other side, Nano still doesn't want to modify the ledger to bring back the stolen xrb. So that's all, the end.

Take note - Most of all the hacked exchanges doesn't refund their customers. It's a miracle if they do.

Just Modify the ledger ... so all the stolen Nano that was sold on other exchanges are just given back to Mr Bomber  Users on Legit exchanges that bought NANO with their BTC and have it in their own wallets or on the exchanges would just lose everything thats very nice ..
You will personally replace their losses ?

Are you referring to me in replacing the hacked funds? lol
I'm just stating the reality that there's no probable chances for a refund. It's already been 10 days since bitgrail announced the news and there's no glimpse of any settlement.

Nano continues with the development as if nothing happened. So probably, they still keep their stance on not rewarding bitgrail the lost funds by modifying the ledger. (which could be the only way to resolve this issue)
Paractor

Activity: 274
Merit: 133

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 01:01:48 AM

I heard about them revealing about the hack and stolen XRB from their hot wallet.
Just sad.

But whats makes them not just dump this exchange and just start a new one to do this all over again with a new coin?

sgk
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

!! HODL !!

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 06:22:39 AM

I heard about them revealing about the hack and stolen XRB from their hot wallet.
Just sad.

But whats makes them not just dump this exchange and just start a new one to do this all over again with a new coin?

Most likely they wouldn't, after getting burned with 'Bigrail' lol.
Also the local law may prevent the exchange owner from starting any new business since the case has been reported to authorities and the exchange has filed for bankruptcy.
SheepSuit

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 12:49:42 PM

Just sad.

Most likely they wouldn't, after getting burned with 'Bigrail' lol.
Also the local law may prevent the exchange owner from starting any new business since the case has been reported to authorities and the exchange has filed for bankruptcy.

We do not have proof that this has been reported to the authorities do we?

RayX12

Activity: 952
Merit: 552

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 10:36:34 PM

Fucking shit!  My coins are gone an now this thing pumps!!!  WTF?HuhHuhHuh  Kill kill kill kill the thief!!
SheepSuit

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 09:50:12 PM

Fucking shit!  My coins are gone an now this thing pumps!!!  WTF?HuhHuhHuh  Kill kill kill kill the thief!!

Please everybody, let's try to make an organized effort to approach this. Please contact me or respond to my earlier thread if you are interested in pursuing legal action.

Thirdspace

Activity: 1232
Merit: 738

Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 10:16:55 PM

XRB devs are big time scammers.
They wont rollback a decentralized coin.
why would they have to do rollback? and I'm not sure a DAG (block lattice) based coin works the same way like blockchain based coin
and it's not a devs' fault, it was purely bitgrail fault for inadequately in running an exchange
if they do rollback, it won't be a decentralized coin anymore and devs will be called choosing sides

rawrats

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 12:55:44 AM

Why should Nano pay because Bomber has stolen all currency on Bitgrail? It is impossible to code a backdoor in a cryptocurrency that opens an exchange for access from outside. So it is very clear that it is an insider job. And from Bombers postings it is for me clear who did it. It seems there are someone removing his lies.
bardio808

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:01:27 AM

XRB devs are big time scammers.
They wont rollback a decentralized coin.
why would they have to do rollback? and I'm not sure a DAG (block lattice) based coin works the same way like blockchain based coin
and it's not a devs' fault, it was purely bitgrail fault for inadequately in running an exchange
if they do rollback, it won't be a decentralized coin anymore and devs will be called choosing sides

Irony is not your strongest point.
sgk
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

!! HODL !!

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:41:12 AM

BitGRAVE
Joe-Niner

Activity: 130
Merit: 145

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 12:12:20 AM

How much truth is there to people saying the XRB/NANO devs had some info this was going on and did nothing about it?
mexicantarget (OP)
Legendary

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 12:55:22 PM

How much truth is there to people saying the XRB/NANO devs had some info this was going on and did nothing about it?
0% - They're good guys, they're not scammers, they're professional businessmen.
mexicantarget (OP)
Legendary

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 09:52:00 PM

0% - They're good guys, they're not scammers, they're professional businessmen.

Sure, they're very profi, saying all the time "funds are safe" in bull market to keep the hype alive.
I was talking about the NANO team, not bitgrail.
npredtorch
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 10:03:57 PM

Well, indeed there is a small miracle but I think it isn't enough - not enough to fully trust again bitgrail with my funds.
IMO the 20% nano refund + 80% BGS (Bitgrail Shares) is just a bait to regain back bitgrail users in regards to the planned re-opening of the exchange operation.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BitGrailExchange/comments/859v2h/can_we_honestly_expect_better_than_the_20/
https://bitgrail.com/news
SheepSuit

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 01:15:04 PM

Well, indeed there is a small miracle but I think it isn't enough - not enough to fully trust again bitgrail with my funds.
IMO the 20% nano refund + 80% BGS (Bitgrail Shares) is just a bait to regain back bitgrail users in regards to the planned re-opening of the exchange operation.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BitGrailExchange/comments/859v2h/can_we_honestly_expect_better_than_the_20/

Has this already been put into place? Plus, you have to agree to not take legal action against them which is quite tricky.

sluppy
Legendary

Activity: 2020
Merit: 1041

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 10:40:41 AM

Fully Trust .. wth are u smoking NONE WILL EVER TRUST BITGRAIL OR THAT FU*KING THIEF BOMBER AGAIN ..

Those tokens are worth less then the harddisk space used to type this post on ..

Bought back from 50% of the FEE'S The Only fees generated will be when people withdrawl their coins of This DEAD EXCHANGE anyone one that does anything but withdrawl their coins from BITGRAIL is a FOOL.

What happened with his Database did he had that over to the Police or Nano team ?

Personally I think hes a lying sack of shit the size of the transactions are way beyond what any normal user could have done verified or not the numbers don't add up.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke -- May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.George Carlin
We pay for life with death , so everything in between should be free. Bill Hicks -- It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. Aristotle
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. Buddha -- The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates
npredtorch
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 01:11:54 PM

Fully Trust .. wth are u smoking NONE WILL EVER TRUST BITGRAIL OR THAT FU*KING THIEF BOMBER AGAIN ..

Those tokens are worth less then the harddisk space used to type this post on ..

Bought back from 50% of the FEE'S The Only fees generated will be when people withdrawl their coins of This DEAD EXCHANGE anyone one that does anything but withdrawl their coins from BITGRAIL is a FOOL.

What happened with his Database did he had that over to the Police or Nano team ?

Personally I think hes a lying sack of shit the size of the transactions are way beyond what any normal user could have done verified or not the numbers don't add up.

How'd you know? Don't forget about the fools lol.
There is still a chance that unaffected users and non nano holders will trust again bitgrail. There would be a decline on trades, yes but I guess it's not the end.
P.S. Not a fan of Bomber. Nor the Nano Team.
Mahanton

Activity: 2702
Merit: 625

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 10:34:29 PM

How'd you know? Don't forget about the fools lol.
There is still a chance that unaffected users and non nano holders will trust again bitgrail. There would be a decline on trades, yes but I guess it's not the end.
P.S. Not a fan of Bomber. Nor the Nano Team.

Just as expected into these kind of scenarios on where trust can really be broken once and it would really be hard to trust it up again.Yes theres still a chance but it wont really able to go back on where it was before.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████