Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:57:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Brickblock - diversify your portfolio transparently and secure  (Read 34639 times)
MicrowavedGerbil

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 07:55:48 AM

When will the Alpha launch? I'm curious lol.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mark_the_advark

Activity: 127
Merit: 5

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 10:22:04 PM

When will the Alpha launch? I'm curious lol.
It's been online for weeks  Smiley
Link: https://platform.brickblock.io/
mark_the_advark

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 10:33:31 PM

I think that the minimum funding target is already achieved, crowdsale will also speed up hopefully in next few days, especially after the bitcoin fork. Lets see.

Why would sales accelerate if the price of the toke is going to increase?  The first 48 hours of a crowdsale are indicative of it's performance.

Too many people want instant riches x10 lambos. That is not sustainable. Growing unique projects with a strong team like brickblock are the future.

They have raised $4.5m and that is good for them to get their goals completed.

Agreed.  $4.5m is plenty of money for this concept.  I'm not sure why they had a max cap of $50M.  Probably for the lambos...
The more money a startup like this raises the faster they can expand. Getting global ETFs/Real Estate Funds on your platform from everyone country in the world requires a lot of capital. Also need to keep in mind they are hosting crypto funds which need to be developed. The more capital you have the faster you move, the more you can invest in user acquisition to get things rolling. Even if they were to hit the cap, $50MM is not a lot of money for a platform like this that can have millions of users.
Coinve.st

Activity: 700
Merit: 14

Coin ● https://coindefi.org

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2017, 12:14:52 AM

I think that the minimum funding target is already achieved, crowdsale will also speed up hopefully in next few days, especially after the bitcoin fork. Lets see.

Why would sales accelerate if the price of the toke is going to increase?  The first 48 hours of a crowdsale are indicative of it's performance.

Too many people want instant riches x10 lambos. That is not sustainable. Growing unique projects with a strong team like brickblock are the future.

Agreed.  $4.5m is plenty of money for this concept.  I'm not sure why they had a max cap of $50M.  Probably for the lambos...
The more money a startup like this raises the faster they can expand. Getting global ETFs/Real Estate Funds on your platform from everyone country in the world requires a lot of capital. Also need to keep in mind they are hosting crypto funds which need to be developed. The more capital you have the faster you move, the more you can invest in user acquisition to get things rolling. Even if they were to hit the cap, $50MM is not a lot of money for a platform like this that can have millions of users.

Sure.  I understand this clearly.  But as in Silicon Valley and traditional startup investing, you typically receive investment in stages based upon your growth and traction.  ie. Seed, A, B, etc.

Companies needs to prove their concept and gain traction before receiving large sums of investment money.  And in this case, companies shouldn't be asking for $50M with just a proof of concept and no traction.  Let them use their $4.5M to prove market validation and gain traction.  If you can't build a customer base from that, at least they fail with less investor money risked.
mark_the_advark

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 03:23:10 PM

Why would sales accelerate if the price of the toke is going to increase?  The first 48 hours of a crowdsale are indicative of it's performance.

Agreed.  $4.5m is plenty of money for this concept.  I'm not sure why they had a max cap of $50M.  Probably for the lambos...

Sure.  I understand this clearly.  But as in Silicon Valley and traditional startup investing, you typically receive investment in stages based upon your growth and traction.  ie. Seed, A, B, etc.

Companies needs to prove their concept and gain traction before receiving large sums of investment money.  And in this case, companies shouldn't be asking for $50M with just a proof of concept and no traction.  Let them use their $4.5M to prove market validation and gain traction.  If you can't build a customer base from that, at least they fail with less investor money risked.

That's true. Ideally, any company that raises money through an ICO would get the funds only if they reach certain milestones. How do you see Brickblock raising more money after they raised the $4.5MM
Coinve.st

Activity: 700
Merit: 14

Coin ● https://coindefi.org

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2017, 04:06:39 PM

That's true. Ideally, any company that raises money through an ICO would get the funds only if they reach certain milestones. How do you see Brickblock raising more money after they raised the $4.5MM

If they gain traction, VCs will be kicking at their door. Additionally, they could always do a token swap / reissue if they want to offer a secondary token offering. There’s way around this to help reduce investor risk. The problem is that most companies in this space opt to try and raise $50m up front because of greed... or in many cases because they are a scam.

mark_the_advark

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 08:42:59 PM

Why would sales accelerate if the price of the toke is going to increase?  The first 48 hours of a crowdsale are indicative of it's performance.

Agreed.  $4.5m is plenty of money for this concept.  I'm not sure why they had a max cap of $50M.  Probably for the lambos...

Sure.  I understand this clearly.  But as in Silicon Valley and traditional startup investing, you typically receive investment in stages based upon your growth and traction.  ie. Seed, A, B, etc.

Companies needs to prove their concept and gain traction before receiving large sums of investment money.  And in this case, companies shouldn't be asking for $50M with just a proof of concept and no traction.  Let them use their $4.5M to prove market validation and gain traction.  If you can't build a customer base from that, at least they fail with less investor money risked.

If they gain traction, VCs will be kicking at their door. Additionally, they could always do a token swap / reissue if they want to offer a secondary token offering. There’s way around this to help reduce investor risk. The problem is that most companies in this space opt to try and raise $50m up front because of greed... or in many cases because they are a scam.

I'm personally against VCs getting involved. The point of ICOs is the fact that the community can get involved and fund the project itself. A token sale that is staged every 6 months (or more) based on development sounds interesting to me, would like to see projects do this.
EugeneAS

Activity: 51

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 12:29:42 PM

Moreover, it's usually easier to raise the next round if you've proven the concept, built a prototype, etc.
Raising 50M can me more tough on the early stage, even with milestone-based vesting.
EugeneAS

Activity: 51

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:25:48 PM

Hello, I have researched your project. The concept with ETFs and REFs is really nice.

I have a question.

As I can see, there are still some grey areas in regulatory aspects.

Can you state in which countries you are fully legal? In which you are planning to expand oficcially and how?

Thank you
no-ice-please

Activity: 955
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 02:24:50 AM

If I buy tokenized gold via your platform, how do I know the gold exists without physically expecting it and how do I know that it will remain where is? PAXOS is doing something like this for the gold market only in London so far and there are still several institutions involved which ensure the existence of the gold which is now traded via tokens on a distributed ledger. It's to accelerate the settlement process, but even there is still risk involved that those physical assets might have been created out of thin air. It's just difficult to pull off because of those oversight institutions involved in the process of PAXOS' platform development. How are you protecting against tokens created out of thin air for physical assets which might not at all exist or might be stolen afterwards?
mark_the_advark

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 11:08:18 PM

Hello, I have researched your project. The concept with ETFs and REFs is really nice.

I have a question.

As I can see, there are still some grey areas in regulatory aspects.

Can you state in which countries you are fully legal? In which you are planning to expand oficcially and how?

Thank you
The company, Brickblock Limited, is registered in the EU and is compliant with all EU laws. The legal structure of the platform has been vetted by legal experts, you can listen to Dr. Wolfgang Richter talk about it in one of their live AMAs that is on their facebook.
mark_the_advark

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 11:12:09 PM

If I buy tokenized gold via your platform, how do I know the gold exists without physically expecting it and how do I know that it will remain where is? PAXOS is doing something like this for the gold market only in London so far and there are still several institutions involved which ensure the existence of the gold which is now traded via tokens on a distributed ledger. It's to accelerate the settlement process, but even there is still risk involved that those physical assets might have been created out of thin air. It's just difficult to pull off because of those oversight institutions involved in the process of PAXOS' platform development. How are you protecting against tokens created out of thin air for physical assets which might not at all exist or might be stolen afterwards?
Nobody can sell anything on the platform without first being vetted by Brickblock and third parties like KPMG. The system is going to work similarly to how online brokers work. You enter a legal contract with the fund manager whenever you buy anything on the platform. You can see the paperwork and communicate with the fund manager directly, as an investor.
MoneyJ

Activity: 1022
Merit: 504

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 01:47:11 AM

As far as ICO is concern, investors are shabby on Brickblock. If only they completely read the whitepapers both technical and general , we can be enlightened more with this concept in crypto . Naturally skeptics creep in because real estates are bound by regulations. But one of the backers have extensive knowledge and background on how to deal with these things.

█████████████████████████████
████▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀▀████▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀████
███▀ ███████▄ ██ ▄██████▄ ███
███ ████▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████████████
███▄ ███████▀ █▄ ▀██████▀▀███
████▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄████▄ ▀▀▀▀ ▄████
.GoMeat.  300+ STORES ALREADY ONBOARD
 THE FIRST PROJECT OF ITS KIND

ONLY 160K TOKENS REMAINING
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
mark_the_advark

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 02:41:36 AM

What is the Hard limit?
Hard cap is 50MM USD
mark_the_advark

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 02:43:32 AM

Will Brickblock have an personal unique pocket book? Exactly where are we able to maintain our BBT tokens to generate accesstokens for very long phrase reasons?
This is all handled automatically on the Brickblock platform, which will have a wallet of its own.
mark_the_advark

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 01:35:38 PM

Could someone possibly respond to me?
Sure, but first you have to ask a question  Grin
Johnny00

Activity: 896
Merit: 553

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 04:06:30 AM

As far as ICO is concern, investors are shabby on Brickblock. If only they completely read the whitepapers both technical and general , we can be enlightened more with this concept in crypto . Naturally skeptics creep in because real estates are bound by regulations. But one of the backers have extensive knowledge and background on how to deal with these things.

And it's a tough market for icos right now. Thy raised enough to progress

|
We plan to invest over
$1 billion in the regulated, licensed,
and legal businesses to build the IOB Mesh
|
Same Token,IOB
Multiple Regulated
Security Token
ICOs Across the World.
|
TELEGRAM
TWITTER
GITHUB
REDDIT
中文电报群
MEDIUM
BITCOINTALK
LINKEDIN
ilss1

Activity: 266
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 07:16:48 AM

3 questions.
smartcontract link?
unsold tokens will be destroyed?
number of investors so far?

zaigar.io
no-ice-please

Activity: 955
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 01:51:55 PM

Nobody can sell anything on the platform without first being vetted by Brickblock and third parties like KPMG. The system is going to work similarly to how online brokers work. You enter a legal contract with the fund manager whenever you buy anything on the platform. You can see the paperwork and communicate with the fund manager directly, as an investor.

As for the reliability of third parties like KPMG, check their financial audits for all those banks right before the last financial crisis. Not a single bank, not a SINGLE bank received a qualified opinion or a report expressing any concerns about the financial condition. Not even Lehman Brothers. We want to get away from these scammers, that's one reason why Bitcoin was launched. I understand though that it's a difficult story with physical assets to get rid of third parties. Maybe the internet of things can help us achieving that.
phexchanger

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 11:12:39 PM

Is an admin available here? The telegram group is already unaccessible and no reply on Twitter.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: