Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:10:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Mayweather Vs McGregor: Info and prediction thread  (Read 11696 times)
cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2017, 07:24:08 PM

I tend to think MMA has evolved to a point where olympic gold medalist wrestlers like Henry Cejudo are no longer guaranteed to win the belt.

If MMA fighters like Demetrious Johnson can beat olympic wrestlers, then maybe Conor McGregor has a chance of defeating a boxing champion like Floyd Mayweather?

Nope...not even close....Mayweather is going to destroy McGregor in the boxing ring....McGregor might have a chance in the cage, but I think Mayweather could take him there too if he trained for it....McGregor and Mayweather are in different leagues when it comes to boxing....Mayweather, easy call. 

I'm not that enthused with the boxing match, but I would love to see them in the octagon!

In this match, you're right connor doesn't have a chanve against a supremely techinical boxer like mcgregor. But i would have to disagree with your other statement. He octagon would be an entirely different world for floyd and he probably would get eaten alive there. The boxing rules that floyd uses so efficiently won't be available for him and he's gonna get tackled grounded and pounded i think at will be mcgregor even if he trained for it.

I would agree IF McGregor was known for his ground game....but he's not....he's known for his stand-up game.  Plus, McGregor is known for only having a couple good rounds in him....Mayweather runs deep <----different skill sets there.  I think that a fight in the octagon would be a much better fight.  Mayweather will destroy McGregor in the ring, but McGregor may have an edge in the octagon....I'd take Mayweather for the easy win in the ring....AND I'd take Mayweather for the odds return in the octagon.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1442

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 01:10:31 AM

@cjmoles. Just because Conor is not known for his ground game, it does not mean that he has not trained in Jiu Jitsu for years during his MMA career. There is also the kicking game. I do not think Floyd will last 1 round with Conor in the octagon. Floyd cannot dodge and weave leg kicks. He will not be able to stand up after 1 round of those.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
cjmoles
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2017, 01:20:49 AM

@cjmoles. Just because Conor is not known for his ground game, it does not mean that he has not trained in Jiu Jitsu for years during his MMA career. There is also the kicking game. I do not think Floyd will last 1 round with Conor in the octagon. Floyd cannot dodge and weave leg kicks. He will not be able to stand up after 1 round of those.

That is only if McGregor can avoid the pounding.  McGregor does have a ground game, that's for sure, but he is not known for winning a lot of his fights by taking the game to the floor....Mayweather has hands and it don't take too many to end a fight quickly, right? I'd give the edge to McGregor in the octagon, but I'd take Mayweather for the money!
Hydrogen
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 12:34:36 PM

Nope...not even close....Mayweather is going to destroy McGregor in the boxing ring....McGregor might have a chance in the cage, but I think Mayweather could take him there too if he trained for it....McGregor and Mayweather are in different leagues when it comes to boxing....Mayweather, easy call. 

I'm not that enthused with the boxing match, but I would love to see them in the octagon!

I'm not certain if that is true. People say Floyd is boxing's GOAT but the level of boxing has significantly deteriorated over the last few decades. Boxers seem to have lost a lot of their athleticism. Even if Conor loses to Mayweather, I think Conor could beat Canelo, GGG and a lot of other big name boxers out there.

MMA fighters have the athleticism which boxers seem to have lost.
ActiveP

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 02:20:08 PM

My take is that Mayweather will dance around McGregor, jabbing and keeping him off-balance. Sure, FM could K.O him when he wishes but he'll let the rounds pass as McGregor makes a fool of himself with wild haymakers that miss by a mile. It's in FM's interest to let the 'fight' last long enough to create the opportunity of a rematch and a load more easy money to be had. As has been said, boxing is the loser.
TrumpD

Activity: 602
Merit: 265

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 02:52:49 PM

Mac has achieved the impossible - making the offensive, unlikable Mayweather actually seem like an ok guy (compared with Mac that is).
Big pay day for Mac. He may be devastating in the octagon but the wife beater will stop him in a boxing contest.
grermezter

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 03:07:02 PM

I believe Mayweather will have pretty good chance of beating McGregor in the octagon, he can't be throwing his legs in the entirety of the game and Mayweather is definitely not gonna be dodging all the time even though he is very good defensively,  he is very good when he attacks as well, lots of his game ended in KO.

Junko
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 04:51:13 PM

Mayweather will box technically, scoring points while avoiding trouble/too many big hits from McGregor and cruise to victory after twelve rounds. He doesn't have to land any punishing shots, just keep scoring points and stack winning rounds.
cjmoles
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2017, 06:32:46 PM

Mayweather will box technically, scoring points while avoiding trouble/too many big hits from McGregor and cruise to victory after twelve rounds. He doesn't have to land any punishing shots, just keep scoring points and stack winning rounds.

Yup, that'd be the easy way; it would make McGregor look like a fool....but I get the feeling that Mayweather may want to prove a point in a convincing manner....McGregor doesn't stand a chance in the ring and I think Mayweather might want to add some emphasis to that point,  especially if he thinks he'll have to honer a rematch on McGregor's playground.
SaShiRaJaVu

Activity: 1694
Merit: 541

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 08:32:10 PM

McGregor does have a ground game, that's for sure, but he is not known for winning a lot of his fights by taking the game to the floor
I have seen quite a lot of fights in my life and when it comes to McGregor the only ground game i have seen from him are when he gets chocked out  Grin ,he has a good take down defense and that does not mean ground game. Smiley All of his career loses are on the ground. Tongue
lumeire
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009

Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 10:58:43 PM

Much like what he does when he's scared of his opponents. Not fun to watch.

▄▄████████▄▄           ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄   ▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
 ▄█████▀            ▀█  ▄█████▀            ▀█████▄
▄█████▀                ▄█████▀    ▄▄        ▀█████▄
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▄▄     ▐█████
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▀▀     ▐█████
▀█████▄      ▄▄▄      █████▀      ▀▀        ▄█████▀
 ▀█████▄▄   █████    █████▀  █▄            ▄█████▀
  ▀██████████████ ██████▀▀  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀███████████ ████▀    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀███████ ▀▀           ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀███▀
|
..NEXT-GEN TRADE RACING METAVERSE..
|   WEBSITE   |   TELEGRAM   |   TWITTER   |   MEDIUM   |
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1442

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 02:40:58 AM
Last edit: June 26, 2017, 05:43:36 AM by bbc.reporter

That is only if McGregor can avoid the pounding.  McGregor does have a ground game, that's for sure, but he is not known for winning a lot of his fights by taking the game to the floor....Mayweather has hands and it don't take too many to end a fight quickly, right? I'd give the edge to McGregor in the octagon, but I'd take Mayweather for the money!

In the octagon it is Floyd who should avoid any pounding. The gloves are smaller so there is no hiding behind them like what Floyd is doing in boxing. He cannot dodge leg kicks, he also cannot dodge elbows and knees during clinches. Every weakness Floyd has will be exposed in the octagon.

I would also say Amanda Nunes can beat Floyd in the octagon.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1127

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 04:30:59 AM

That is only if McGregor can avoid the pounding.  McGregor does have a ground game, that's for sure, but he is not known for winning a lot of his fights by taking the game to the floor....Mayweather has hands and it don't take too many to end a fight quickly, right? I'd give the edge to McGregor in the octagon, but I'd take Mayweather for the money!

In the octagon it is Floyd who should avoid any pounding. The gloves are smaller so there is no hiding behind them like what Floyd is doing in boxing. He cannot dodge leg kicks, he also cannot dodge elbows and knees during clinches. Every weakness Floyd has will be exposed in the octagon.

I would also way Amanda Nunes can beat Floyd in the octagon.
This is what im thinking too which Floyds weaknesses would really come out and im excited on how he would handle such flaws on him. They do have different fields and i cant think off on this fight would be possible and now it do really happen and its being set already.

szpalata

Activity: 686
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 05:10:34 AM

I would also way Amanda Nunes can beat Floyd in the octagon.
This is what im thinking too which Floyds weaknesses would really come out and im excited on how he would handle such flaws on him. They do have different fields and i cant think off on this fight would be possible and now it do really happen and its being set already.

Well these are all speculations and I guess time will tell if indeed Floyd will be the weakest in the octagon or not. I know Connor is a good fighter but same or even better is Floyd junior and I doubt if Floyd would want to taint his impressive record at this stage in his career.
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 1418

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 05:33:07 AM

Does anybody know a good BTC sports book that offers props for this dog and pony show?  I'd like to make a few bets on McGregor to win and KO Mayweather for the lulz.  Someone mentioned Cloudbet, are there any other suggestions?

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
thejaytiesto (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 04:32:14 PM

There's some recent footage out of Mayweather in the gym:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWxMrqx6PQM

The sparring footage is leaked because he didn't want any of the sparring sessions to be recorded, so I think it's some papparazi that got that view and recorded a bit.

He's still bulking to 154 so he doesn't have clean abs, the footage is also after hours of training, noobs are saying he is out of shape. Come august 26 and he will be cut at 154 and will be as sharp as always.

Conor needs to go for the KO quick if he wants to have any chances of making it.
TravelMug

Activity: 2632
Merit: 833

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 04:53:06 PM

There's some recent footage out of Mayweather in the gym:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWxMrqx6PQM

The sparring footage is leaked because he didn't want any of the sparring sessions to be recorded, so I think it's some papparazi that got that view and recorded a bit.

He's still bulking to 154 so he doesn't have clean abs, the footage is also after hours of training, noobs are saying he is out of shape. Come august 26 and he will be cut at 154 and will be as sharp as always.

Conor needs to go for the KO quick if he wants to have any chances of making it.

Yes, Mayweather is almost in top shape every one of his fight. No cutting of weights or re hydration. I also agree that he needs to rough out Floyd in early round and try to get into his mind to get that early KO. The boxing and MMA world would have exploded in the unthinkable happen, Connor KO Mayweather.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
megynacuna

Activity: 756
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 09:43:57 PM

Much like what he does when he's scared of his opponents. Not fun to watch.

Yeah but I think it's sensible to adapt to maximize your strengths and minimize your weaknesses so that your opponents don't take advantage. I think maybe has been brilliant in this regard and he keeps showing his strengths as a hit and run boxer.
thejaytiesto (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 10:39:23 PM

Does anybody know a good BTC sports book that offers props for this dog and pony show?  I'd like to make a few bets on McGregor to win and KO Mayweather for the lulz.  Someone mentioned Cloudbet, are there any other suggestions?

I don't know any sites, I was looking forward to gamble and bet on the fight happening but never found a place to do it at least with bitcoin.

As far as betting for a McGregor KO... I guess it's good to drop some small amounts on there, but I wouldn't count on it. Mayweather knows McGregor will try to go Aldo style on him, he will keep distance for the first round and analyze him, then proceed to perform surgery. I think Mayweather may even risk it and go for a KO if he is outboxing him.

But I don't count McGregor out... Mayweather is obviously the better box tho.

SaShiRaJaVu

Activity: 1694
Merit: 541

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 11:48:47 PM
Last edit: June 27, 2017, 12:00:12 AM by SaShiRaJaVu

But I don't count McGregor out... Mayweather is obviously the better box tho.
I am not interested in this fight to know whether who the better boxer is,i am watching this fight to know whether McGregor could shock the entire world in this fight,i was not a fan of McGregor and lost a lot of bets and the one time i wagged a bet for McGregor is when he lost to Nate,i waited till the first round to place a bet and i saw him kicking Nate and placed a bet,so overall i made some huge losses with this single individual. Smiley I want to see whether he could knock Floyd out and create history,everyone in the world knows he wont outbox Floyd .
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: