Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:22:17 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Would Bitcoin ending up like Yahoo in the future?  (Read 13086 times)
logicgate

Activity: 994
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 08:45:54 PM

Bitcoin already facing so many problems so yes the possibility can not be denied. It may be replaced by eth or some other coin which has better technology and is user friendly. After all it's the best technology which stays in the market for long so whichever coin has superior technology and is fool proof or has less flaws will rule the world.
If i say that Donald trump got a cancer and he will soon say that he is going to retire.Is it possible? Like that if bitcoin is facing problems so it does not mean that bitcoin will end up. Bitcoin will improve their technology even will become more stronger then present.so this is the way which will improve bitcoin.
stromae

Activity: 309
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 08:47:37 PM

You guys are really pesimistic. If you see bitcoin like yahoo, there is sorthing vitan you miss obviously. Bitcoin's story is much different than yahoo's destiny.
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 06:51:14 AM

I have been thinking a lot about this. What is the likelihood there WON'T come a coin with better technology, a cooler name (although I must admit, Bitcoin is pretty cool... so is Yahoo...), easier to get started with... I don't know. At the same time, We are still at the beginning of the crypto bubble, so to speak. Most of the world has never heard of cryptocurrencies, whereas in the late 90's almost everyone had at least used the internet. Therefore, I think it will be a long while (at least a few years) before something like this could happen.

Then again we are already seeing it in some ways with coins like Ethereum, so really you just never know.
The technology will need to be so superior, it will need to be such an improvement that it will need to be a no brainier to get to this new coin, and it is difficult to see if any coin really has the necessary technology at the moment to say it is way better than anything that bitcoin can offer at the moment.
HarleyQuinn9876

Activity: 209

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 07:01:47 AM

I do not think bitcoin will end up like that. We can hardly predict the future. If bitrates have extensive promotion campaigns, scale up, bitcoin will be firmly positioned to become an easily circulated currency. Surely the bitcoin will grow

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
███████                  A new era of charity                    ███████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
Kyraishi

Activity: 952
Merit: 513

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 07:40:58 AM

Yahoo was the first (?) search engine at the time when Internet started.  It was the pioneer in its field.  In the late 90's its market cap reached to a high closed to $120B.   Three and a half years after Yahoo started, Google came out and gradually took away market share from Yahoo.

After 22 years, Verizon bought it for $4.8B.  Would Bitcoin ending up like Yahoo in the future and got beat up by new competitions?

What do you think?  Please provide your reason(s) to support your view.

1. Yahoo was not the first search engine.
2. Yahoo had some real bad executive decisions made that ensured their company would go bust.
3. People didn't need to put trust into a search engine, thus meaning that they can switch search engines easily without worrying about financial losses.

Bitcoin on the other hand, is the first cryptocurrency. It is decentralized which means that nobody is able to inflate the monetary base and make the same mistakes governments make. ALtcoins won't replace bitcoin, because people have trust in bitcoin. Altcoin ICOs are purely for profit, but bitcoin is not. I can only see bitcoin growing at an exponential rate every single halving, instead of it ending up like Yahoo.

btcwonder1

Activity: 54
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2017, 07:42:49 AM

Two completely opposite things: Yahoo made way too many mistakes on their part - failing to keep up with the technological advancements, and once realized the mistake, refusing to sell when the offer was right. On the other hand, Bitcoin is seemingly run by smart people which is the main reason why it's leading the race with such a large margin. To put in a nutshell, Bitcoin is there to stay and won't fade away like Yahoo did IMO.

There is always more to learn about Bitcoin at www.btcwonder.com
Anegg

Activity: 469
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 07:55:15 AM

Yahoo was the first (?) search engine at the time when Internet started.  It was the pioneer in its field.  In the late 90's its market cap reached to a high closed to $120B.   Three and a half years after Yahoo started, Google came out and gradually took away market share from Yahoo.

After 22 years, Verizon bought it for $4.8B.  Would Bitcoin ending up like Yahoo in the future and got beat up by new competitions?

What do you think?  Please provide your reason(s) to support your view.

This definitely could happen no doubt, but the thing about bitcoin that differentiates it from other alt coins is that it is decentralised, plus Yahoo made heaps of mistakes, search was enough, but they then went on to expand and failed miserably. They had good offer for their company, but they refused to sell until they were first to. There have been other cryptocurrencies before bitcoin also, but they all flopped. Maybe in the future we will see other alt coins that have newer features and maybe then bitcoin will be overthrown. Let's hope that bitcoin doesn't make as much mistakes as Yahoo, and we will definitely be fine for 10 to 20 years.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Anfisman

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 08:14:36 AM

I guess, yahoo is a very popular search engine, until finally google appears and people start to use google and finally fall in love with Google, this happens of course because each person has a reason why they choose it. For example searching on google is easier and more centralized. But I hope the same fate does not happen to bitcoin, because now more and more people are familiar with and join to bitcoin then it will maintain the existence of bitcoin. Although it is not a guarantee, but I always believe bitcoin will continue to grow bigger and bigger.
william498

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 08:20:32 AM

Bitcoin IS the most innovative AND consistent cryptocurrency right now, There are interesting concept like KMD, ETH and the like but all of them are filled with their own bugs and weaknesses, Like the ETH and ETC and the recent issue with transactions, I believe bitcoin is fundamentally better than these other altcoins.
masterchief001

Activity: 585

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 08:22:23 AM

Yahoo was the first (?) search engine at the time when Internet started.  It was the pioneer in its field.  In the late 90's its market cap reached to a high closed to $120B.   Three and a half years after Yahoo started, Google came out and gradually took away market share from Yahoo.

After 22 years, Verizon bought it for $4.8B.  Would Bitcoin ending up like Yahoo in the future and got beat up by new competitions?

This is the worst comparison I have ever seen, bitcoin and yahoo is not the same, it does not have anything in common. Bitcoin is a world-wide favorite.
linkme

Activity: 324
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 01:23:40 PM

So Bitcoin won't be bought by anyone or any company, but basically, its idea about an online currency is being copied and you know, the first place of Bitcoin is being replaced by other Altcoins.
minhquang3869

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 01:29:50 PM

I think it is not easy for bitcoin to disappear like yahoo in the future because now bitcoin is a trend then in the future it will probably grow and spread around the world.
aardvark15

Activity: 1008
Merit: 510

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 01:45:11 PM

It's possible for an altcoin to eventually overtake Bitcoin. Bitcoin started out with an advantage because it was the first and is the most well known. But I've noticed recently that coins like zcash and Etherium are closing the gap a little. I could see another coin eventually becoming more valuable.
pinggoki

Activity: 1512
Merit: 418

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 01:50:59 PM

So Bitcoin won't be bought by anyone or any company, but basically, its idea about an online currency is being copied and you know, the first place of Bitcoin is being replaced by other Altcoins.
I don't think bitcoin would end up like yahoo because first bitcoin has many advantages that could keep it popular than yahoo. Aside from that I don't think altcoins would replace bitcoin because bitcoin is more popular than altcoins and that means more popular more demand it has. Yet, I think bitcoin is original and the mother of all coins in world of crypto currency.
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 02:12:44 PM

This is the worst comparison I have ever seen, bitcoin and yahoo is not the same, it does not have anything in common. Bitcoin is a world-wide favorite.
There is nothing wrong with comparison. Downfall can come to anything either if its yahoo or a bitcoin. Bitcoin or any organization can end up pretty bad in certain scenarios. We all know yahoo was the first internet browser and most used browser in nineties. Any organizations gets profit and runs if people take interest in it. When the competitor came in yahoo's way, yahoo lost its worth because people went for GOOGLE. Same can happen with bitcoin if people loses their interest in it due to any major reason.

May be because people might stop getting profit from bitcoin or they are having loss. Or may be some other strong competitor come across bitcoin who provides more profit to people and people start investing in it. You never know. Anything can happen. It's so early to say anything.
ayeshajum07

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 09:59:13 PM

As what we witnessing right now. Bitcoin are drastically gaining popular to almost every part of this world.  What we could imagine.  It would be highly acceptable in near future in every business transactions.

Possible 5 to 6 years the prime bases of every business transactions would be a bitcoin.

Every countries wealthy would be bitcoin.

It just a fruit of my imagination

BitFinnese
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 10:08:03 PM

I believe that the only permanent in this world is change so I think bitcoin being the top cryptocurrency will eventually replaced by another altcoin.  This may take sometime but the change is inevitable.  We have seen several cryptocurrency that have more advance feature than Bitcoin in terms of speed and security.  It is just a matter of time.  The effect of being first mover to decentralized blockchain had not faded yet but if it does then we can see a change of rankings among cryptocurrency.
nejibens

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 10:11:35 PM

I believe that the only permanent in this world is change so I think bitcoin being the top cryptocurrency will eventually replaced by another altcoin.  This may take sometime but the change is inevitable.  We have seen several cryptocurrency that have more advance feature than Bitcoin in terms of speed and security.  It is just a matter of time.  The effect of being first mover to decentralized blockchain had not faded yet but if it does then we can see a change of rankings among cryptocurrency.

I am not sure about this, it is right that many altcoins have a good potential and increasing prices actually, but still all altcoins depend in their prices , trading and almost everything on Bitcoin. So in the nearest future i think Bitcoin will stay as first crypto currency used worldwide.
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 10:46:28 PM

I am not sure about this, it is right that many altcoins have a good potential and increasing prices actually, but still all altcoins depend in their prices , trading and almost everything on Bitcoin. So in the nearest future i think Bitcoin will stay as first crypto currency used worldwide.
I think it would be better than that, although altcoin also has the potential to replace bitcoin. But most users already prefer and believe in bitcoin earlier than altcoin
Hotel_Prodeo

Activity: 588
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 04:00:54 AM

Seems bitcoin is currently very popular, a lot of great sites that preach about bitcoin so popularity and prices continue to rise, decentralization idea is very interesting because it is the best solution of a lot of financial problems.

OOOBTC.com

▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬

Bounty
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: