Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:18:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I sell all my bitcoin for ETH??  (Read 2648 times)
Nahl
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 05:53:02 PM

i have checked on my local exchange that while the price dropped with pretty fast today they starting to sell their bitcoin because they fear will facing more worst situations if they didn't sell it however i still believe in cryptocurrency world bitcoin is the best investment rather than altcoin even some people says there is an altcoin could became the rivalry of bitcoin such as ETH but i would stick to bitcoin only but if you had felt that leave bitcoin and selling all of yours for buy ETH i think it's all pure your decission but if i may to suggest that just stick to bitcoin is more better
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CyberKuro

Activity: 798
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 05:55:36 PM

I think its time to jump ship and trade my bitcoin for eth. With the rate of growth of ethereum and the upcoming split with bitcoin, this can be an great opportunity. What do you guys think?

yes you should absolutely do that. make sure to do it as fast as possible.

because there will only be 21 million bitcoins and you are holding some part of it which is preventing the rest of us from holding that part.
there is no limit to how many ETH will be though!

Hahaha, yeah Op should sell his limited bitcoin for unlimited ethereum. You may could make more profit through ethereum in the future, because there are a lot of projects based on ethereum blockchain which make its price increase.
Everyone should decide whether it is good or not, but I can say ethereum has significant changes in the last few months and will increase in the next month.
piececake24

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 05:56:54 PM

I think its time to jump ship and trade my bitcoin for eth. With the rate of growth of ethereum and the upcoming split with bitcoin, this can be an great opportunity. What do you guys think?

Don't lose hope to btc i know that bitcoin will remain on the top and dominate all altcoins i think if you do that you will make a wrong call maybe selling 1/4 or half but all your btc funds dude because you'll know what bitcoin is capable of and btc already proves it to us how he manage to become one of a high value coins in the market. Just don't sell all, you need to save for the future reference
FasTroy

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 05:59:23 PM

I think it's better for you to keep your bitcoin, because bitcoin is more powerful than any other cryptocurrencies, after this fall, I assure to you that bitcoin price will return stronger than ever. So waiting is the better option for now than panic and sell all your bitcoins for ETH.

roflmao129

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 06:01:05 PM

No, please, do not ever do that or you will soon regret about what you have done. Ethereum and bitcoin are both great but ethereum can never be as same as bitcoin. Bitcoin is still the king of the hill

Chin Cheng

Activity: 255
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 06:05:26 PM

It is not worth to invest in ETH right now,hope you have checked the price of ETH too,they have corrected now and if there is a split in bitcoin then you will be having equal coins for the new chain and so you will be having double the coins,so there is nothing to be panicking with the situation,but then the ultimate decision is yours to make.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 06:11:20 PM

I think its time to jump ship and trade my bitcoin for eth.

weird. it looks to me like the time to jump the ethereum ship was a couple of days ago. now all you're doing is playing with fire. go to dollars and wait instead if you're feeling insecure.

ethereum went up 40x, plus it's the fuel for the ico boom that very soon will be proven to be completely and totally worthless plus probably illegal. does that look like a good bet to you?
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2017, 06:14:53 PM
Last edit: June 15, 2017, 06:32:22 PM by deisik

But, BTC is in bad condition and could be worse if block split really happen, especially if both chain have strong support from community unless the community stick to one scaling solution or at least one scaling solution could get majority support from bitcoin community

In my view, in these troubled times we should stick mostly to fiat

A few may test waters in some altcoin if they don't want to wait out in fiat (say, US dollar), but as to me, Litecoin is the most promising coin out of the whole shebang. How come? If Bitcoin is set to fail or fuck up miserably (remember, nothing is eternal, apart from temporary, of course), Litecoin will pick up exactly where Bitcoin will stumble. It already has all the features that Bitcoin currently lacks and may never acquire. If it survives and doesn't split, you can safely sell your dollars or litecoins and buy back your precious Bitcoin. In this case, Litecoin seems to a better choice since its price will most likely rise either with Bitcoin or without it (after Bitcoin sinks into oblivion). But if you want to play safe the dollar (or some other major currency) is certainly the best choice now

cpfreeplz
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1042

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 06:16:23 PM

Hahahahahaha fucking go for it. Oh on that same thought, what's the cap for ethereum? Oh... there isn't one? Fucking brilliant. It's fiat 2.0 with smart contracts and tokens. Jeez man, maybe you should buy some ripple. Bankers love ripple!!!
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 06:19:40 PM

yes you should absolutely do that. make sure to do it as fast as possible.

because there will only be 21 million bitcoins and you are holding some part of it which is preventing the rest of us from holding that part.
there is no limit to how many ETH will be though!

I see what you did there, and that's fucking hilarious Wink
You get a cookie.

But seriously, don't go full retard folks. Bitcoin might be a little dicey at the moment, but you should never put all your eggs in one basket in the first place. Diversify as much as you can inside this space (multiple coins) as well as outside (traditional assets, specie). Because right now, USDt is looking like a safer investment than any altcoin, LOL. Notice the difference between BTC/Tether and BTC/USD
Lalapan

Activity: 239
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 06:26:15 PM

Looking at the situation now,it will be safer to sell btc to altcoin
But if you're in for long run,why dont you save the bitcoin and wait till next year,i think it will be much profitable
Yes i agree with that.
Why do not we wait 1 year kedapan.
I think bitcoin will be better than now.
karasuri

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 06:41:50 PM

I think this is a disgusting idea. The rate depends directly on bitcoin, but ETH grows much more slowly. Bitcoin grows fast, but ETH will always grow slower. Undecided
ABaranoff

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 06:44:18 PM

So many want that you would sell Bitcoin  Grin It suggests to us that we should not sell Bitcoin! ETH is good but Bitcoin is better yet
btc_angela

Activity: 2604
Merit: 542

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 06:45:23 PM

But ETH is down today. So where you should put bitcoin then? So you see, its a hard decision indeed. But If I'm in your situation, and even though I'm seeing that bitcoin price is currently down, I will stick to bitcoin. I'm still not fully captured by what ETH is offering. Although the price surge from last month to this month, I still somewhat nervous putting money in it. I think I need more study before jumping on this coin. So just stick to bitcoin now and so it it goes up to the end of the year.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Bitvestmint

Activity: 12

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2017, 06:54:07 PM

Bitcoin will  be around forever, not so sure about Eth.

Most of the ppl in Eth are in it cause they were chasing bitcoin profits after missing out, Buterin and his pals have premined 60% of the coins and if you ask me, it wont be long before we see $25 Eth again and eventually .00001

Lots of folk think Eth is the same as BTC. its not, it has no utility today, it all down the road..

Its not a currency, it may have a future if creators aren't too damn greedy.

Stick with bitcoin, buy em at any price you can and sit on them. 5 years 10 years from now don't be surprised to find that ur coins are 10k - 20k - 100k a piece or more, buy em for your retirement, stay away from the trading traps trying to out guess professional traders that have only one purpose in life, and that's to make money from noobs. Don't be a noob!!

Here's a great article from cointelegraph that might help clarify the difference between the two coins.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/bitcoin-is-better-money-ethereum-is-really-not-vinny-lingham

To the moon folks too the moon!!
CraigWrightBTC

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 07:02:54 PM

Sell all of bitcoins for ethereum is bad, it is risky lost money in ethereum, however ethereum is an altcoin.
We don't know it will be survive in the future, because of ethereum has smart contract will be better than bitcoins,
there is out there that gives smart contract service with more fair than ethereum. Ethereum will be replaced​ by ethereum classic.
inck

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 07:04:13 PM

Keep your BTC. ETH went crazy in the last weeks and I'm pretty sure that the price will drop down somewhere in the future.
carlerha

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 07:34:30 PM

I think it's better for you to keep your bitcoin, because bitcoin is more powerful than any other cryptocurrencies, after this fall, I assure to you that bitcoin price will return stronger than ever. So waiting is the better option for now than panic and sell all your bitcoins for ETH.
i think it is still not a good time to sell bitcoin for etherium. i think in present condition it will really be a good decision if you hold you bitcoin for a good time. because there are still more chances that the price of bitcoin will increase more. but you just need to hold bitcoin patiently and not to sell it or invest it anywhere else. but still if you have some extra money and still welling to invest in Etherium so investment in etherium is  not a bad idea.
aguila

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2017, 08:15:13 PM

If you didn't do it, wait for BTC's price to reache 2700 2900

zikabra

Activity: 574
Merit: 139

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 08:26:11 PM

No, don't do that. If you look at ethereum fees you will notice that fees will grow as the value of ether grows.
High value = high fees, no matter what crypto - so if every crypto reach high price it will have the same problem as bitcoin has.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: