Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:34:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should we perform a swap to update our ERC20 contract (before switching to EOS in summer)?
Yes
No
Not sure

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Goodomy [GOOD] - Launching May 24, 2018 // From the creator of the first ICO  (Read 23066 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (1 post by 1+ user deleted.)
kosmost (OP)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 501

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2017, 04:28:56 PM
Last edit: June 20, 2017, 04:42:24 PM by kosmost

Apparently, Ethereum is suffering under heavy network load at the moment due to the status.im ICO occurring today (which has, by the way, 100,000 ETH waiting for it - about $37,000,000)

My transactions to fix what needs fixing aren't going through. Damn ICOs!  Undecided

Will try again in a few hours...

Workchain – Powering the Decentralized Economy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kosmost (OP)

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2017, 03:00:25 AM
Last edit: June 21, 2017, 03:46:16 AM by kosmost

Ethereum network has been DDOS'd by the status.im ICO. Quite a number of transactions still aren't going through and a lot of exchanges have their ETH wallets in 'maintenance' mode.

This is the transaction traffic as compared with other ICOs.

However, the traffic is not the issue (because Ethereum can scale). The problem is that the way the status contract code was set up, it encourages people to keep submitting the transaction so they can get the next release of open spots. Essentially, a DDoS attack in the form of an ICO.

In comparison, the most number of Bitcoin transactions in a day was about 350,000, which works out to 3.79 transactions per second. Ethereum does Bitcoin's highest as its daily average, and on the 18th did over 5 per second. Ethereum has all but overtaken Bitcoin in market cap.

(For those that aren't aware of what Ethereum is, exactly, it's a giant distributed computer that can execute code called 'contracts' on nodes around the world.)

The upside of this is that it will attract more innovation to Ethereum and also lead to more excitement around Ethereum-listed tokens (which, right now, isn't many). This drives up the price of Ethereum which will also be a driver for the Good Karma market cap, which will expand the economy as more people want to hold Ethereum-paired tokens rather than BTC-priced coins.) The average market cap for Ethereum-based coins is $70m, which is nearly double the average market cap of CounterParty, NXT, Waves, Bitshares, and Omni combined.

There is a bright future ahead for GOOD, especially when we can easily interact with other contracts. Imagine Good Karma and Toyota partnering up so that someone gets free GOOD when they buy one of their hybrid cars. Things like that can really only work on Ethereum.

For this issue, Ethereum will likely come out with a fix so that this kind of thing doesn't happen again, and the price will go up another 3,000% like it did last year (my prediction) and become the first trillion-dollar entity. (No, I'm not kidding. My reasoning behind this is that every business and corporation that transacts with Ethereum will need to purchase ETH, driving up the price. When Singapore is about the release an Ethereum token to use as it's national digital currency, Russia is planning to do the same, Toyota and Microsoft are involved in the Ethereum alliance, and JP Morgan is working on putting bonds on Ethereum, then you know it's going to be far, far bigger than it is today. It will leave other platforms in the dust and is my main reason for using Ethereum for Good Karma.)

Growing pains, just like the early internet, electricity-as-a-service, the automobile, and modern banking.

We'll get it straightened out. I'm checking every hour or so.

Thanks for your patience Smiley

podizzler3000

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 02:08:54 AM

you might want to consider registering GOOD with the token registry app within the parity wallet. it costs .05 ETH i think. otherwise you cant see your balance without querying the smart contract. btw it seems like to add the custom token in myetherwallet you need to use address 0xaE616e72D3d89e847f74E8ace41Ca68bbF56af79 DECIMAL  "9" to get the correct values now.
podizzler3000

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 11:20:49 AM

hey kosmost i have the day off work to get my car exhaust fixed if you like i can setup a slack channel & auto-invite bot on herokuapp . once you join ill make you administrator of course
podizzler3000

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 12:15:43 PM

also hitbtc is a good exhange that adds a lot of ETH tokens
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 02:44:52 PM

A user on our subreddit asked about free tokens, so I thought I would provide the info here as well (as I've been asked about this before):

"A user asked about the possibility of getting free GOOD. The plan for Good Karma is to allow people to pick up tokens in exchange for providing social value to the network.

http://www.karmaplex.com

Karmaplex is an example of the direction that Good Karma is going. It's a rough alpha version of the kinds of things that are being worked on now. On Karmaplex, users would upload videos to YouTube and link to them from the site. User accounts would be attached to a light wallet. Clicking on "like" for a video would send coins to the account of the YouTube user that created it.

While I wasn't planning to release any news of Karmaplex until it's more developed, I just thought I would show the general direction we're going with this.

Basically: Do something good, get GOOD. For your family, your friends, your neighbors, your community, society, for the environment, etc.

The possibilities are endless, but we'll focus on the low-hanging fruit first."

wow after seeing this site i think its really a good way to receive a bounty and its better to make people realize that a good karma will back to you
if you provided it right hope to see this in a main stream with a lots of new unique ways to share blessings, good job dev team. more videos and more people to adopt the system.
kosmost (OP)

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2017, 03:35:29 PM

A user on our subreddit asked about free tokens, so I thought I would provide the info here as well (as I've been asked about this before):

"A user asked about the possibility of getting free GOOD. The plan for Good Karma is to allow people to pick up tokens in exchange for providing social value to the network.

http://www.karmaplex.com

Karmaplex is an example of the direction that Good Karma is going. It's a rough alpha version of the kinds of things that are being worked on now. On Karmaplex, users would upload videos to YouTube and link to them from the site. User accounts would be attached to a light wallet. Clicking on "like" for a video would send coins to the account of the YouTube user that created it.

While I wasn't planning to release any news of Karmaplex until it's more developed, I just thought I would show the general direction we're going with this.

Basically: Do something good, get GOOD. For your family, your friends, your neighbors, your community, society, for the environment, etc.

The possibilities are endless, but we'll focus on the low-hanging fruit first."

wow after seeing this site i think its really a good way to receive a bounty and its better to make people realize that a good karma will back to you
if you provided it right hope to see this in a main stream with a lots of new unique ways to share blessings, good job dev team. more videos and more people to adopt the system.

Thanks. Just a sneak peek at things to come!

podizzler3000

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 06:59:22 PM

site looks good kosmost. a few things: maybe tweet at coinmarketcap to get us listed there. he usually responds to tweets and etherdelta is compatible.

also etherdelta has a miminum price of .00001 ETH. the decimals dont go beyond that. so when you say offer it up cheap we are pretty much as cheap as can go. 3rd. ive been experimenting with hitbtc the last couple days and it is an absolute nightmare. they are not processing my token withdrawals, the site is constantly out of service. its really user unfriendly. perhaps liqui.io will list us?
FreshB

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

The Movement DAO

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2017, 10:09:34 AM

Hello Everyone, I'm new to the cryptospace However I got around using the etherdelta to purchase some GOOD.
Now how do I transfer the GOOD to myetherwallet?

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
FreshB

The Movement DAO

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2017, 10:51:00 AM

Thank You! That was very helpful. Its displaying in my wallet now.
Now the next step is changing them to the new tokens (x1000)

I'll read up on that And ask questions if its not clear.

Thanks.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
kosmost (OP)

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2017, 01:02:41 PM

Thanks.

Ok, good.

However, if they are showing in your wallet, they are already the new tokens (as the 0xae616e72d3d89e847f74e8ace41ca68bbf56af79 token is the new one)

The message regarding the tokens was for the previous ones. My apologies for the confusion.

coinfinder000

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

Swipe

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 01:06:45 PM

Thanks.

Ok, good.

However, if they are showing in your wallet, they are already the new tokens (as the 0xae616e72d3d89e847f74e8ace41ca68bbf56af79 token is the new one)

The message regarding the tokens was for the previous ones. My apologies for the confusion.

Done as you said ,  and got the new tokens .thanks.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     SWIPE  │ Monetizing mobile engagement data, on the blockchain    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Reddit          ▄▄▄▄
kosmost (OP)

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2017, 03:25:24 PM

Done as you said ,  and got the new tokens .thanks.

Excellent, thanks. Let us know if you have any questions.

ljp7839008

Activity: 490

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 03:33:09 PM

hi,man ,Keep up the good work, im looking forward for the success of this project! Goodluck
kosmost (OP)

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2017, 03:33:50 PM

hi,man ,Keep up the good work, im looking forward for the success of this project! Goodluck

Thanks a lot. It's a pleasure! We're just getting started, with lots more good things to come Smiley

podizzler3000

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 08:23:42 PM

big dumps today...

Grin
calzone

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 08:54:46 PM

how is the deal here? if i buy 1.000 tokens from etherdelta and withdrawal those tokens to my wallet i get 1.000.000?, or i get the same tokens i bought (1.000),
calzone

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 10:20:47 PM

nvm, just bought 20$ worth of goodkarma to see, the real marketcap at this price is 7M$+, thats way to high for now, will wait for other exchanges...
kosmost (OP)

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2017, 12:48:16 AM

Looks like Ethereum took a dip today as 4chan spread a rumor that the founder of Ethereum was dead. (He has since proven his existence with a blockchain message on Twitter.) Kind of funny.

The following are some Ethereum tips for newbies.

1- Never hand-type your address.

2- Use the version of your address that has uppercase letters.

3- Never hand type your private key / keystore file. Triple-check the words for mnemonic keys if hand typing (there are still mistakes you can make).

4- Always send a small amount of ETH, ensure everything goes well & it arrives at the destination you wanted it to, before sending all the ETH.

5- For new wallets, especially cold storage, send small amount in, send small amount out from new wallet, before sending full amount in in.

6- Save / back up your private key in a separate location BEFORE sending ETH/Tokens to it.

7- Don't email your private key.

8- Don't post your private key on Reddit, Twitter, Slack.

9- Don't store your private key on Dropbox or another cloud storage service.

10- Double & triple check your work. Look at what you are sending. Look at how much you are sending. Look at what address you are sending too.

Credit: Reddit user insomniasexx

FreshB

The Movement DAO

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2017, 08:58:02 AM

Thanks.

Ok, good.

OMG I already sent the tokens to the address before you responded. How do I get them Back?

I sent 20,500 tokens back. I assumed that was going to translate to 20,500,000 because the market cap when I bought was about 5000USD (15ETH) and I used  0.401 ETH to buy.
Please help.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: