Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:39:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should we perform a swap to update our ERC20 contract (before switching to EOS in summer)?
Yes
No
Not sure

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Goodomy [GOOD] - Launching May 24, 2018 // From the creator of the first ICO  (Read 23063 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (1 post by 1+ user deleted.)
kosmost (OP)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 501

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2017, 04:11:33 AM

Interesting....

so you plan to have no equity, but want the steady income.

Personally, my focus is on licensing the patent. That's really all the equity I need, and my preference. I may also provide the board with some control over the patent (inability to license to direct competitors, for example) but that's something a lawyer can work out.

The income is just icing on the cake.

I'm not exactly starving for funds, either, so am not too concerned about missing out on my own token. I'm just happy to realize the vision.

so as token holders, do we have ownership of any of the patents, software, etc...or is it purely on price change appreciation, and ICR?

That kind of model would mark us as a security by the SEC in the US, something I want to avoid (as you can see by all the disclaimers and me refusing to use my own invention, ICOs). There is no way that we could legally do that.

However, I have designed it so that ownership of the token would be a far more valuable proposition than ownership of Goodomy or any other resource.

The ICR+ periods would be scheduled so that speculators can make the right decision about whether to hold on to their tokens or not.

Workchain – Powering the Decentralized Economy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tramese

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

Do More. Sell More. Be More Productive.

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 04:18:21 AM
Last edit: December 30, 2017, 04:30:29 AM by tramese

Thank you,

you clarified all my questions.

It's only a matter of time now Smiley

Others may be skeptical of your goodwill,

but as long as you deliver on your promises as time goes on, there's not much to complain about.

http://goodomy.com/ - ...it is only when we enable users to employ the same powerful model for their own benefit that Goodomy will make the greatest economic impact."
kosmost (OP)

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2017, 10:42:36 AM

Thank you,

you clarified all my questions.

It's only a matter of time now Smiley

Others may be skeptical of your goodwill,

but as long as you deliver on your promises as time goes on, there's not much to complain about.

Thanks. Yes, just a matter of time.

kosmost (OP)

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2017, 12:52:16 PM

Good news! Phase 1 of the app is done. There are still a few minor bugs to work out but that will be done after the new year. I will release it to Google Play store in a few hours (as an unlisted alpha) and create a short guide for it and dummy listings, etc.,  so you can check it out.

Again, it's just the basic framework of Shopomy. The real magic happens in phase 2.

tramese

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 12:53:36 PM

Good news! Phase 1 of the app is done. There are still a few minor bugs to work out but that will be done after the new year. I will release it to Google Play store in a few hours (as an unlisted alpha) and create a short guide for it and dummy listings, etc.,  so you can check it out.

thank you for the update.

shhh, i'm still hoarding good tokens Wink....slow it down ok?

http://goodomy.com/ - ...it is only when we enable users to employ the same powerful model for their own benefit that Goodomy will make the greatest economic impact."
kosmost (OP)

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2017, 12:58:51 PM
Last edit: December 30, 2017, 01:24:22 PM by kosmost

Good news! Phase 1 of the app is done. There are still a few minor bugs to work out but that will be done after the new year. I will release it to Google Play store in a few hours (as an unlisted alpha) and create a short guide for it and dummy listings, etc.,  so you can check it out.

thank you for the update.

shhh, i'm still hoarding good tokens Wink....slow it down ok?

haha.. yes. But it seems like a good day for some great news Smiley

kosmost (OP)

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2017, 07:51:16 PM
Last edit: December 31, 2017, 05:10:09 PM by kosmost

Phase 1 of Shopomy released into alpha

Click here for screens or download the app from Google Play at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.shopomy

Feel free to try out the app and make some test listings. Anyone can download and open it, but when you add new listings you'll need to select a store. Right now it searches stores in about 30 countries* with many more to follow in phase 2.

To see the sample listings I've added for New York you'll first need to 'fake' your location by installing the Fake GPS app (if you're not in New York) at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.incorporateapps.fakegps.fre, then clicking on the search icon (top magnifying glass) and searching for "New York". Next, click the bottom right play button to set the new location.

Shopomy will then see your GPS location as New York City and show you the couple of listings that I have added.

Please keep in mind 3 things:

1) This app represents a few of the most basic functions of Shopomy. It does not have Goodomy cryptocurrency, nor the 'secret sauce' of REMI and FITE, and some other features. That will happen in phase 2, which is already in development.

2) This is an alpha that has a few bugs. Video uploads don't work properly. images are somewhat slow to load, and when you close the app your category selection disappears. However, after the holidays these should be fixed (though we may decide to devote more resources, instead, to phase 2 and fixing them there)

3) The screenshots on the app page will be re-done, as well as other details. The current ones are just filler.

Please let us know if you find any other bugs, or have suggestions, etc. I'll post a more detailed guide on how to use the app later on today or tomorrow.

Thanks!

*those countries are:
Argentina
Australia
Austria
Belgium
Brazil
Canada
Chile
Czech Republic
Denmark
Finland
France
Germany
Hong Kong
Italy
Japan
Malaysia
Mexico
New Zealand
Norway
Philippines
Poland
Portugal
Republic of Ireland
Singapore
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
Taiwan
The Netherlands
Turkey
United Kingdom
United States

kosmost (OP)

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2017, 08:07:16 PM

Regarding categories and sub-categories please let me know if you have some other ideas. Thanks

tramese

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 10:45:22 PM

Great work!

This is fantastic news

kosmost (OP)

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2017, 02:29:06 AM

Great work!

This is fantastic news

Thanks. We're already working hard on phase 2 (though mostly taking a break for the holidays).

kosmost (OP)

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2017, 07:11:59 AM

Dear Goodomy community;

As we roll into phase 2 and our community expands, there will be more and more people that would like to have a stake in our future. Although we are currently trading on one exchange we do have plans to get onto bigger exchanges. But first, we need more volume.

For that to happen we need more of your GOOD tokens listed on CoinExchange so that others can join the party. If you don't want to exchange them for BTC, take Ethereum. There's also Dogecoin, which is now at an all-time high. I'm not sure how much this message will help you part with just a few of your tokens, but I'd thought I would at least try  Grin

Some of you may be from the old Karmacoin project and have been following what I am doing with this one. I thank you very much for your support in what we're doing here. As before, there is no limit to what we can do. Yes, the value of the token will probably increase substantially, but it will increase moreso if everyone who wants to buy in can do just that.

Please consider at least one of the following:

• Put up some coins on the exchange. It needn't be at the market price, if you want to realize more gains. Set the price that you would be happy with.
  • Make the new year awesome by offering some at market price!
  • There are a couple of potential buyers who have messaged me over the past month about making large purchases. Message me directly if you would consider selling to them. I could possibly mediate it, or at least find the best method of exchange.
  • Spread some around to your friends and family in the spirit of the holidays!
  • If none of the above works for you, consider holding some in different wallets in case one is hacked (or you lose access). MyEtherWallet website, MyEtherWallet local, Eidoo, the new Parity version, etc. I've already taken care of most of our distribution challenges in phase 2, but it would certainly help if current distribution was more spread out.

If you have lost access to your tokens (either through the EtherDelta hack, Parity hack, lost keys, etc) please let me know also. I may not be able to help directly but may be able to point you in the right direction, or at least document it for later reference.

Thanks for listening, and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

fmbch

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 07:27:19 AM

I tried the Shopomy app, works well, just one thing: I used login by facebook, then got an email verification message, but when i clicked the "Confirm My Email ID" link, the opened page says: "Error! Email already verified."
After that login worked anyway.
Also, Thunderbird showed "This message may be a scam", but this should be gone as soon as the link points to the domain instead of the bare IP.

Happy new year Smiley
kosmost (OP)

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2018, 11:10:42 AM

I tried the Shopomy app, works well, just one thing: I used login by facebook, then got an email verification message, but when i clicked the "Confirm My Email ID" link, the opened page says: "Error! Email already verified."
After that login worked anyway.
Also, Thunderbird showed "This message may be a scam", but this should be gone as soon as the link points to the domain instead of the bare IP.

Happy new year Smiley

Thanks. Hope you're well Smiley

Noted, and thanks for letting me know. It will be fixed in the next release.

kosmost (OP)

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2018, 04:26:54 PM

is this "new" project integrated with shopomy in anyway? or is this a separate project in itself?

Yes, phase 3 of Shopomy will be integrated with the search engine. The search engine will add a unique layer on top of other kinds of services, with Shopomy being the first service to utilize its API and show what is possible. This would be a tremendous value-add for Shopomy, but more specific details about the search engine would be forthcoming before the tokens would be offered.

tramese

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 04:52:29 PM

is this "new" project integrated with shopomy in anyway? or is this a separate project in itself?

Yes, phase 3 of Shopomy will be integrated with the search engine. The search engine will add a unique layer on top of other kinds of services, with Shopomy being the first service to utilize its API and show what is possible. This would be a tremendous value-add for Shopomy, but more specific details about the search engine would be forthcoming before the tokens would be offered.

if it's integrated with shopomy...why don't just integrate it? and have the value added go into goodomy price.

there's no point making separate coins for each individual project linked together.

I would prefer everything priced in with goodomy.

tramese

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 09:17:36 PM

well, i'm not interested in trading GOOD for the new coin, but you can release it if you want....eseentially you're just creating more supply, which is fine....things will be priced in GOOD eventually anyways

if this is the business model, to create new coins in exchange for good...i'll wait for good price to crash to buy more

and it will also depend how you structure it...will GOOD be the parent umbrella or will the new coin be the parent?

kosmost (OP)

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 03:57:00 AM

well, i'm not interested in trading GOOD for the new coin, but you can release it if you want....eseentially you're just creating more supply, which is fine....things will be priced in GOOD eventually anyways

if this is the business model, to create new coins in exchange for good...i'll wait for good price to crash to buy more

and it will also depend how you structure it...will GOOD be the parent umbrella or will the new coin be the parent?

It's an extra benefit, not a business model. That one may be able to exchange Goodomy for the new token isn't that much different than being able to exchange ETH for it. Demand for Ethereum-based tokens puts upward pressure on the price of Ethereum. (The same for coins priced in BTC. If you want the token you first need to purchase BTC or whatever). The new token wouldn't be created simply to have something to exchange Goodomy for, just as Goodomy wasn't created in order to have something to exchange Ethereum for. It's another part of the ecosystem.

Yet, because each part of the ecosystem may work differently it means that having different rules and parameters for each token would be needed. A token based on consumer use may be fine with a total circulating supply of 10 million tokens, for example. But one based on the 'internet of things' may need far more. With smart contracts, each use case would dictate a different set of rules in the smart contract.

In this way there would be no 'parent', as each would be able to work independently. Again, it's just a benefit and not a requirement to be able to exchange one token for the other.

I suppose it's not really something to get into detail about now, as I'm mostly focused on phase 2 at the moment. However, I do tend to plan 1-2 years in advance so wanted to know people's thoughts on being able to perform an exchange directly.

kosmost (OP)

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 03:27:39 PM

Bug fixes should be done within a couple of days.

If there are any other bugs that you've found (or feature requests) please let me know here.

Thanks!

MrUnconventional

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 06:07:41 PM

What does Goodomy/Shopomy offer that isn't already being integrated into Bezop?

https://ecom.bezop.io/crowdsale/
kosmost (OP)

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 03:00:34 AM
Last edit: January 04, 2018, 03:43:30 AM by kosmost

What does Goodomy/Shopomy offer that isn't already being integrated into Bezop?

https://ecom.bezop.io/crowdsale/

It seems that we suffer from a lack of POO (proof-of-order) like they have in their whitepaper. It looks like it's gonna be big and is taking shape, according to their schedule. But I wouldn't want to speculate on when POO is going to drop  Grin

On a serious note, I suppose the question would be what do they offer that Amazon or Shopify doesn't already provide, since they are doing nearly the same thing as a platform. They will provide "...an open source web software system upon which
merchants can sell their goods and services" for a 1.4% transaction fee, which is not much different than credit cards. Besides that, there are long-standing solutions that offer this already.

Shopomy is mobile and local, and has an entirely different business model. There are also no transaction fees, like Bezop has. Once the Shopomy app is installed on your device there will be very little friction for the consumer and the business owner. This is very important.

Their market is the $1.9 trillion ecommerce market. Ours is the $30 trillion retail market. A bigger market doesn't mean more profits, but their market is saturated. Ours is not saturated because no one has been able to figure out how to make it work, because it only works with blockchain and its derivatives (from what I can tell).

I have figured it out, and I think we have a good chance to become the leader of an entirely new field within the largest consumer market in the world. And it will all be powered by Goodomy, which should be in extremely high demand by this time next year.

Reading their whitepaper, it seems to be an overly complicated solution to a problem that doesn't really exist. This is what a lot of tokens tend to do, for obvious reasons. Unless they're not revealing something until a particular release (like Shopomy is) I don't see a unique value proposition that has any value to any party except miners. But, more than likely, they've shown all their cards already, as most ICOs do in their whitepaper.

With Bezop DOM, Jane can instantly run a fully decentralized e-commerce portal. Without the need for PrestaShop, Shopify, Amazon, and other centralized e-commerce stores that require heavy transaction fees and monthly payments.

Why would Jane care about it being decentralized? She just wants to sell products, not decentralize her order management process and pay a 1.4% transaction fee in Bezop tokens, which means she needs to purchase the tokens before she uses the system. Replacing something that is already simple (such as Amazon or Shopify) with something that is more complicated with uncertain benefits is unlikely to be what ecommerce retailers are looking for.

Why would a 'decentralized' solution add layers of complexity to her process?

I'm not sure they need to raise $16M to figure that out but it keeps people employed, I guess.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: