Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:52:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should we perform a swap to update our ERC20 contract (before switching to EOS in summer)?
Yes
No
Not sure

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Goodomy [GOOD] - Launching May 24, 2018 // From the creator of the first ICO  (Read 23066 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (1 post by 1+ user deleted.)
kosmost (OP)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 501

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 03:32:35 AM

The new website has been launched! http://www.goodomy.com

We now have the following additional languages:

Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Vietnamese
Russian

Our work has really only just begun. Now we will start promoting Goodomy... in all 6 languages!

Workchain – Powering the Decentralized Economy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kosmost (OP)

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 03:42:15 AM

Seems like GOOD is heading in a nice direction today while the market overall is going in the other direction.

kosmost (OP)

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 04:39:03 AM

Congrats to the new page, looking better than before Wink
I never saw such a detailed roadmap...

I'd recommend Spanish as next language, with about 400 million speakers it's one of the most important languages.

Thanks!

Indeed, and it will be an important part of our market I think. We will do Spanish as well as other languages (per the project plan)

kosmost (OP)

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 04:02:09 PM

I already have 2 native Spanish and Tagalog speakers working on translations.

We will be making a push for GOOD to be used 'on the streets' of The Philippines as well as select countries in the Spanish-speaking world.

kosmost (OP)

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2018, 06:09:03 PM
Last edit: February 03, 2018, 06:31:13 PM by kosmost

Spanish and Tagalog translations have been added to our new website!

We now have the following additional languages (some of which we will actively market in soon):

Spanish
Tagalog
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Vietnamese
Russian

fmbch

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 10:02:11 PM

Wow, that was fast Smiley

Next i'd go for French, spoken by more than 200 million people around the world.
kosmost (OP)

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 06:17:40 AM
Last edit: February 04, 2018, 07:34:56 AM by kosmost

Wow, that was fast Smiley

Next i'd go for French, spoken by more than 200 million people around the world.

Noted, thanks. I could imagine that the app would be popular in Paris, considering all the kinds of products and services available. There's even an interesting store in there (in a pretty expensive neighborhood) that sells only interesting rocks (!) The possibilities are endless for the types of people that may get value from it.

fmbch

Activity: 12

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 09:25:39 PM

have been there only once, looks like i missed that shop Tongue
Crashdaraven

Activity: 5

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 08:07:58 PM
Last edit: February 06, 2018, 08:37:22 PM by Crashdaraven

Hello everyone,

I,m new here, just call me crash.

On your website you speak about Project LOT and LOT tokens, what are they?
kosmost (OP)

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 05:50:41 PM

Hello everyone,

I,m new here, just call me crash.

On your website you speak about Project LOT and LOT tokens, what are they?

Thanks for joining us Smiley

Project LOT is the second of 3 planned components of the Goodomy ecosystem.

If Shopomy is a kind of worldwide distributed bank disguised as a shopping app (see here), then the next piece of the puzzle is a type of 'operating system' for the internet of things, disguised as a search engine (codenamed LOT).

Initial work on it would begin when the big Shopomy release is at the testing stage.

It is a derivative of something I had been working for a number of years on but shelved due to the capital requirements of building a search engine. Those concerns are moot when applied to cryptocurrency. However, this isn't a mere search engine. It is something different.

Shopomy and LOT will complement each other in unique and interesting ways. GOOD holders get free tokens for this and all other Goodomy projects in future. It's one of the factors that will play a part in Goodomy's future value.

Crashdaraven

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 08:13:01 PM

Verry inresting, looking forward to it.

Is there another way than coinexchange to get GOOD?
My buy orders dont always get accepted :-(
kosmost (OP)

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 05:33:16 AM

Verry inresting, looking forward to it.

Is there another way than coinexchange to get GOOD?
My buy orders dont always get accepted :-(

That's the only way for now.

Perhaps your buy orders are priced too low? What do you think..

Crashdaraven

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 08:08:04 AM
Last edit: February 08, 2018, 08:39:02 AM by Crashdaraven

Yes, priced to low.
Anyway, for which Major exchange have you applyed for?
Wanna make sure i have a account there :-)
kosmost (OP)

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 01:36:26 PM

Yes, priced to low.
Anyway, for which Major exchange have you applyed for?
Wanna make sure i have a account there :-)

Application is one thing, acceptance is another  Smiley

We'll inform the community as much as we're able to (as some exchanges discourage talking about being added to their exchange)

Zenico.io

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 08:14:17 PM

need to be listed in cryptopia or more.
kosmost (OP)

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2018, 01:16:53 AM

need to be listed in cryptopia or more.

Cryptopia is quite small. We have our sights set on much bigger markets. This will take perhaps a couple of months. The new website was the first step.

kosmost (OP)

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 12:23:00 AM
Last edit: February 12, 2018, 02:06:12 AM by kosmost

I've added U Cash to our 'peers' list, though they're doing something more traditional (P2P money) and is quite different from Shopomy.

From their website:"U.CASH is unbanking the world! U.CASH is a global peer to peer platform designed designed for everyone. By utilizing our platform and a global network of online and live converters, users and converters will be able to instantly deposit or withdraw from their U.CASH accounts using cash or digital assets alike. Once on the platform, users and converters across the globe gain access to a full gauntlet of decentralized financial and blockchain services:"

CURRENCY CONVERSION
Convert between many popular cryptocurrencies and other digital assets through the website and apps.

SEND & RECEIVE FUNDS
Send/receive funds to/from anyone in the world through their email address, phone number or the U.CASH portal.

LOCKING VALUE
Lock digital currency / asset in your wallet to a local fiat currency for easy value storage without volatility.

BILL PAYMENTS
Pay your bills using your U.CASH app easily for a one-time payment or setup recurring payments.

MOBILE RECHARGE
Refill your mobile minutes or data using your U.CASH app simply by providing your phone number and payment amounts.

P2P LOANS
Access loans from our MSB network or interact with individual converters and manage your loans on the U.CASH platform.

NOTARIZATION
Verify and "notarize" the existence of your document on the Bitcoin and Ethereum blockchains with time-stamping.

PREPAID DEBIT
Link a prepaid debit card to your account to fill using your U.CASH app, which you can then use anywhere debit is accepted.

VIRTUAL CREDIT
A virtual credit card which you can manage using the U.CASH apps. Pay anywhere NFC-Tap is accepted or for online purchases.

COMMERCE
Interact directly with merchants offering e-commerce or traditional services including payments, escrow and logistics.

RETAIL PRODUCTS
Converters can add additional retail products they provide through the portal including prices and delivery options.

FOREIGN EXCHANGE
Convert easily between foreign currencies on the U.CASH platform and transact using that currency wherever required.

GIFT CARDS
Buy/Sell or manage gift cards provided by partners through the U.CASH network, externally through APIs or added manually.

USER MANAGEMENT
Manage the people you interact with on the U.CASH platform adding chat capabilities, quick transactions and order management.

ACCEPT PAYMENTS
Accept payments in many popular cryptocurrencies, local currencies or even virtual assets using the U.CASH platform.

It's interesting to note that they're also using the 'Free your money' phrase.

kosmost (OP)

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 01:30:28 AM
Last edit: February 12, 2018, 02:46:02 AM by kosmost

Some people have asked, "Will Goodomy be worth more than _____?"

There's no way to predict a future number. But today, U Cash has an almost $2 billion market capitalization.

However, Goodomy is doing something very different than U Cash, OmiseGo, and others in the space. U Cash began in 2014 as 'Securacoin', a service for businesses to buy & sell bitcoin through their storefronts. U Cash seems to be an extension of the same concept, but for its own currency. Whether or not local users will want to buy/sell U Cash from businesses much more than they wanted to buy/sell Bitcoin is something for the marketplace to decide.

More importantly, though, users need a reason to use any network. Many of these companies and websites are built to impress speculators, not really to provide value to its target market. It is not enough to just have a way to transfer value. "Why would users value it in the first place?" is the important question. If users don't value it, its transfer becomes irrelevant.

Users need a fundamental reason to...

1) "Convert between many popular cryptocurrencies and other digital assets through the website and apps."
2) "Send/receive funds to/from anyone in the world through their email address, phone number or the U.CASH portal."
3) "Lock digital currency / asset in your wallet to a local fiat currency for easy value storage without volatility."
etc, etc.

I can't imagine more than 10-50,000 users around the world having the problems solved by 1-3 above. (And number 3 seems to be another way to say that you can convert your digital currency into fiat in the app.)

Goodomy is actually solving a problem that most consumers and small businesses around the world have, not creating complicated solutions to problems that don't exist. More details about the kind of problems Goodomy and Shopomy solve will be revealed closer to Shopomy launch.

Most importantly, the Shopomy platform (our flagship product) will be FREE for everyone to use. The value of GOOD will not depend on fees. (Fees generally go to pay for all the overhead, though Goodomy has a much better method for this.) OmiseGO charges upwards of 3.65% per transaction. Although U Cash's fees are difficult to understand let's check out their fee schedule from their FAQ section:

FUNDS LOAD/UNLOAD (3% additional charged to customer):
Tellers (Globally) - The higher of 21% of the fees charged by the teller or 0.3% of total transaction, paid to U.CASH

RETAIL BITCOIN BUY/SELL (4% additional charged to customer):
Tellers (Globally) - The higher of 21% of the fees charged by the teller or 0.3% of total transaction, paid to U.CASH

ONLINE DIGITAL CURRENCY CONVERSION
Users (Globally) - 0.8% fee for the value of the conversion between a U.CASH balance and digital currency.

U.CASH USER LOAN ORIGINATED (from 10% to maximum regulated interest for customer):
Tellers (Canada) - 3.0% of the total amount loaned is payable to U.CASH at loan issuance.

TELLER CUSTOMER LOAN ORIGINATED:
Tellers (Canada) - 0.3% of the total amount loaned is payable to U.CASH at loan issuance.

IN-PERSON BILL PAYMENTS ($3.00 additional charge for customer):
Tellers (Canada) - 21% of the fee charged by the teller is paid automatically to U.CASH at transaction time

ONLINE BILL PAYMENTS:
Users (Canada) - $2.00 CAD fee charged to the U.CASH user. 21% of fee goes to registering teller.

When a user wants to add value to their U Cash account there are 2 fees. The first is what the person buying/selling the U Cash is charging (3%). The second is what U Cash charges (21% of 3%, or 0.3% of the transaction total, whichever is higher). There may be other fees as well, such as network fees.

These fees are too confusing for the average person. Besides that, they're high. There is no good reason to shift fees traditionally paid by the merchant onto the consumer.

How can anyone 'free their money' when doing so incurs a transaction fee? The high fees actually put their money in shackles.

Shopomy's fees? Zero, for both buyer and seller. The crypto market may not care about high fees, but users will. This, of course, has the effect of the crypto market starting to care about high fees more, as better solutions such as Shopomy are introduced.

The 'unbanked' are used to using cash, which has NO fees by itself. Such populations would need a very compelling reason to use something that isn't "real" money and for which you must pay upwards of 4% to use. It should really take only 1 person to figure this out.  Smiley

tl;dr: David has two choices: 1) free transactions and simple to use to buy anything; 2) 3.30% of his transaction amount and complicated to use, with an unknown purpose to match. Which one does he pick?

kosmost (OP)

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 12:33:09 AM
Last edit: February 15, 2018, 05:28:05 PM by kosmost

I'll be uploading our first video to YouTube before the end of the month. It will be just me introducing Goodomy and perhaps the Shopomy concept.

It won't be our official explainer video (which will have a different format than any i've seen) but will put a human face to all the words and abstractions. We also have a kind of promotional video this month, more for the masses than watching me answer questions.

LET ME KNOW what questions you have and I'll try my best to answer them all.

Thanks!

kosmost (OP)

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2018, 04:51:50 PM

Brief Announcement: Creation of Shopomy Reserve Account

In preparation for the launch of the Shopomy platform in a few weeks, 300 million tokens will be moved from the Goodomy wallet to a account reserved for Shopomy users on or before March 1, 2018.

More information regarding this reserve will be made available along with the next public release of Shopomy.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: