Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:27:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Proof that 2000 BTC (not 1000 BTC) is owed by Josh AND BFL.  (Read 5095 times)
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2013, 04:53:34 PM
Last edit: May 07, 2013, 04:33:15 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

EDIT: I mistakenly thought that both these bets(?) were of the same nature, which is not the case.

EDIT AGAIN: This is the post I meant to include and not the bet with runeks.

Since Tom is refusing to actually make the bet he himself proposed between us, I am offering up a guarantee of 1000 BTC to charity (I will take suggestions on which charity to donate this to) if BFL does not meet it's power claims within 10% - meaning if BFL's power consumption is more than 66w for a Single SC, we lose the "bet."

Now, I ask if Tom is willing to step up and back the winning side.  He is 100% confident that we will not meet our power claims (which is the genesis of the failed bet), and as such I ask that he pony up 1000 BTC to the same charity if we do make our power claims. 

So there it is:  Tom is confident that we won't make our power claims, I am confident that we will.  I am willing to put up 1000 BTC to show my confidence in BFL products.  Is Tom confident enough to do the same or is he just blowing hot air?

Here is the proof that Josh owes 1000 BTC:

Re: BFL ASIC is bogus

January 14, 2013, 06:06:52 PM                                                                 #220
Quote from: Inaba on September 24, 2012, 03:03:04 PM

At 500:1 odds I, runeks, bet 2 BTC that the first line of ASIC-chips shipped by Butterfly Labs (ie. not any later series/revision) in their 'SC' line of products will have an efficiency of less than 350 Mhash/Joule. This figure pertains only to the chip itself, so any inefficiency in the power supply will allow for a higher power usage of the device in which the chip resides. So, power supply inefficiencies are excluded, but other components on the board that are required for the device to work will be included in the power efficiency measurement, as the power efficiency figure is irrelevant if the device - under ideal conditions - can't operate at that efficiency anyway.

At the odds of 500:1 that are in effect for this bet I will win 1000 BTC if I am correct (power efficiency is less 350 Mhash/Joule), and lose 2 BTC if I am incorrect (power efficiency is greater than or equal to 350 Mhash/Joule).

Power efficiency shall be measured over a 24 hour period.

Inaba, if you agree then quote this post and say you agree, or suggest a revision of the terms if you think I'm missing something or being unfair.

I agree with this bet.

I'm writing here to publicly restate my commitment to this bet. Since it's been a while, I think it seems like a good idea for both parties to restate their commitment to the wager publicly. I have invited Inaba to do the same via PM.

Re: BFL ASIC is bogus

January 14, 2013, 06:18:50 PM
Sure, I re-affirm it.  Our devices would literally melt if they came in at 114w or more.  

Thanks for reminding me... I think I have another bet for a more substantial amount with someone but bugger all if I remember who.  I guess I will have to dig back in my posts.

Proof that BFL owes 1000 BFL: https://forums.butterflylabs.com/content/123-bfl-offers-1000-btc-charity-if-they-miss-their-power-targets.html

BFL offers 1000 BTC to charity if we miss our power targets!

Published on 10-19-2012 06:33 PM                                  66 Comments  

We are so confident in our power consumption that we are offering up 1000 BTC to charity if we miss our power consumption targets by more than 10%. We are offering our devices at 1 watt consumed per gigahash. If our power targets end up consuming more than 1.1w of power per gigahash, we will donate 1000 BTC to charity! How is that for confidence in our power usage?

With the recent focus on power consumption, we want to reiterate that we stand behind our customers and our products. We have designed our mining equipment to be the smallest, fastest, most aesthetically pleasing and most power efficient mining device available on the planet. We guarantee that in the form of 1000 BTC! When you buy a BFL product, you know you're getting the absolute best mining device available, period.

Unless you are an idiot, the above clearly shows that the first case is a bet between runeks and Josh, whereas the later case is somebody speaking in the capacity of BFL assuring their customer base--current and future--that they'll produce products within a certain tolerance, offering up a 1000 BTC donation to some charity as a guarantee.

Josh reaffirms his bet, whereas BFL didn't have to, for they're on record on their official website that a 1000 BTC guarantee is place.

It's safe to assume that at least one person ordered a BFL product based off this official statement on BFL's website. It's also safe to assume that at least two people purchased BFL products due to Josh's bet because of the trust factor alone.

I'm on record in stating that I will donate $200 USD (doesn't matter if in $ or BTC) to a charity of Josh's or BFL's choice (doesn't matter which or to whom) once they show proof of delivery.

Instead of trying to dispute that such deliveries have yet to take place, I will simply concede that they have shipped. Ergo, I OWE $200 to some yet unnamed charity of which I will honor...

...As soon as both their 1000 BTC donations are satisfied.

~Bruno K~

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
glendall
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1018

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 05:43:13 PM
Last edit: May 06, 2013, 07:10:29 PM by glendall

It'll be interesting to see how anyone could wiggle out of this bet. The terms are very clearly established.

I don't have a unit to test the power usage of it but once this clearly established for the shipped product (not just the early dev versions) than how could this bet not be honored? I bet Josh et al. will  do the right thing here.

Wink

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 05:46:39 PM

Phinn, this is why I love you!
1000 BTC, damn! ehehehehehehehehehehehehheh
mufa23
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 05:56:58 PM

That's pretty much a quarter million dollars! Which would be awesome for charity! If BFL and Josh actually followed through, I think they'd both easily earn their respect. Or at least they would certainly have mine! Smiley

inb4 smoothie frizz and the other retards hi-jack this thread.

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
chipd

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 09:34:12 PM

They won't.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 09:57:55 PM

I think BFL and mainly Josh are very reputable and honorable. Of course they will stand by their statements and wagers. Only a shifty magazine editor would make a bet like that and ignore it when they lose. ROTFL

chipd

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 10:09:38 PM

I think BFL and mainly Josh are very reputable and honorable. Of course they will stand by their statements and wagers. Only a shifty magazine editor would make a bet like that and ignore it when they lose. ROTFL

Then you haven't made your homework.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 10:57:36 PM

Then you haven't made your homework.

That’s not true - they’re swell.  I love em’ so much I want to have their babies. I’m going into the toilet right now to make a little BFL baby. Only mine will come out on schedule with the correct specs.

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2013, 11:30:19 PM
Last edit: May 06, 2013, 11:40:42 PM by Phinnaeus Gage

Only mine will come out on schedule with the correct specs.

The entire sentence is damn near a double entendre.

With the exchange rate currently at $113.10/BTC, if BFL donated now, they would only have to fork over $226,2000 to some charity(s).

Somebody, quick, calculated approximately how many one-chip Jalapeños, 60 GH/s Bitcoin Miner, and 1,500 GH/s MiniRigs this sum equates to before some other product is discontinued, thus having a need to do the calculations all over again. Bonus points awarded if the various shipping options are included on the Excel Sheet.

Question: When was the last time anybody saw a Butterfly Labs' ad on Google?
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 11:40:57 PM

PG,

I already pointed this out in several other threads last week.

Josh claims he paid the bet. But I never got any proof. He did not respond when asked for proof.

So as far as I am concerned the bet is still unpaid. I mean, why hide it right?

Josh is a douche and will try to wiggle his way out of the bet.

LOL so fail...BFL and Josh so fail...I love it...entertainment at its finest.

Grin Grin Grin

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=191697.msg1990537#msg1990537

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 11:42:15 PM

That's pretty much a quarter million dollars! Which would be awesome for charity! If BFL and Josh actually followed through, I think they'd both easily earn their respect. Or at least they would certainly have mine! Smiley

inb4 smoothie frizz and the other retards hi-jack this thread.

Where you fail is I already posted on this last week. LOL fail again bitch  Tongue

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=191697.msg1990537#msg1990537

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 11:47:06 PM

Here is where I call JOSH out on his bullshit claim that he settled the bet and asked for proof:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=191697.msg1991422#msg1991422

and....SILENCE.

Surprised? Nope.  Tongue Tongue Tongue

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Jaxkr

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 02:54:14 AM

Phinn, this is why I love you!
1000 BTC, damn! ehehehehehehehehehehehehheh
$107,000 USD at current prices!
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2013, 02:59:02 AM

If Mattew N Wright can get a scammer tag over failing to honour a bet then so should Inaba. Otherwise double standards.

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2013, 04:05:19 AM

Here is where I call JOSH out on his bullshit claim that he settled the bet and asked for proof:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=191697.msg1991422#msg1991422

and....SILENCE.

Surprised? Nope.  Tongue Tongue Tongue

With all this betting going on, I fucked up, thinking that there were three 1000 BTC, two of which were charities. My bad.

I would love to see proof from runeks that his bet was satisfied, but won't need it to satisfy my $200 USD proposition with Josh/BFL, albeit I WILL need proof that they paid out that 1000 BTC guarantee.

Thanks, smoothie, for setting me straight. I will now amend the title to this thread.

EDIT: Actually, I don't need to amend the title, for it's valid, albeit the OP is skewed.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2013, 04:31:48 AM

This is the post I meant to site as the other 1000 BTC bet, not the one with runeks, so there were 3 bits.

Since Tom is refusing to actually make the bet he himself proposed between us, I am offering up a guarantee of 1000 BTC to charity (I will take suggestions on which charity to donate this to) if BFL does not meet it's power claims within 10% - meaning if BFL's power consumption is more than 66w for a Single SC, we lose the "bet."

Now, I ask if Tom is willing to step up and back the winning side.  He is 100% confident that we will not meet our power claims (which is the genesis of the failed bet), and as such I ask that he pony up 1000 BTC to the same charity if we do make our power claims. 

So there it is:  Tom is confident that we won't make our power claims, I am confident that we will.  I am willing to put up 1000 BTC to show my confidence in BFL products.  Is Tom confident enough to do the same or is he just blowing hot air?

This is clearly Josh making the bet in the capacity of himself and not BFL.
jasinlee

Activity: 742

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 04:33:53 AM

This is the post I meant to site as the other 1000 BTC bet, not the one with runeks, so there were 3 bits.

Next expected announcement will be, "We are sorry for the inconvenience, but the shipment of our 2 petahashes in asics will be delayed by 1 week while we mine for the btc to pay our bets. Sorry for the delay."

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
zero3112

Activity: 588

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 04:43:13 AM

Are they scammers?

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2013, 04:45:44 AM

Next expected announcement will be, "We are sorry for the inconvenience, but the shipment of our 2 petahashes in asics will be delayed by 1 week while we mine for the btc to pay our bets. Sorry for the delay."

This is how it feels to be a BFL investor:

Raize
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1419
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 06:56:33 AM
Last edit: May 22, 2013, 10:48:52 PM by Raize

It's safe to assume that at least one person ordered a BFL product based off this official statement on BFL's website. It's also safe to assume that at least two people purchased BFL products due to Josh's bet because of the trust factor alone.

Unfortunately, this is probably true and doesn't sit well with me at all.

I don't know who exactly runeks is, but it does seem clear the company made this offer. (Note: I have taken a screenshot of this link in case they delete this post)

Because of this, correction or compensation is required. So in addition to what PG offers here, I will also donate $200 to the charity of BFL's choice assuming they are able to meet Bruno's requirement of proof that 1000BTC was paid to a charity. Put simply, my conditions are that if PG is satisfied with the proof enough to donate, I will also donate.

With regards to the runeks bet, I'm not sure I agree that a 50:1 bet was exactly fair, but that does appear to be what Inaba agreed to. So, if runeks is happy with whatever he got and PG is satisfied that runeks was compensated justly, I will definitely go through with an additional $200 donation to Inaba's favorite charity. I require no proof other than that PG is satisfied that runeks is satisfied.

I will donate to whichever charity they choose, regardless of said charity's CharityNavigator score (a site I follow regularly).

$400 total is a small amount of worthless fiat, but enough of the fiat that they covet so dearly to encourage both BFL and Inaba to do the right thing, IMHO. These bets were VERY predatory and encouraged people to purchase units on figures that were NOT met. It is only fair they do the right thing and honor their debts.

Otherwise, they have zero integrity and absolutely no business participating on these forums.

EDIT: Bolded the parts that are relevant
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: