Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:38:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Proof that 2000 BTC (not 1000 BTC) is owed by Josh AND BFL.  (Read 5097 times)
farlack
Legendary

Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 07:35:06 AM

Please donate to the worlds largest charity, what ever it be. Tell them you will make a donation of over $100,000 or wait til it hits $120-130 a coin before sending and tell them a donation of $130,000 paid in bitcoin if they add the link on site to send it to. The only requirement is that they have to keep the link on site, this will be massive for bitcoin if it happens.

Imagine if you can get the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation to accept bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2013, 05:08:11 PM

It's safe to assume that at least one person ordered a BFL product based off this official statement on BFL's website. It's also safe to assume that at least two people purchased BFL products due to Josh's bet because of the trust factor alone.

Unfortunately, this is probably true and doesn't sit well with me at all.

I don't know who exactly runeks is, but it does seem clear the company made this offer. (Note: I have taken a screenshot of this link in case they delete this post)

Because of this, correction or compensation is required. So in addition to what PG offers here, I will also donate $200 to the charity of BFL's choice assuming they are able to meet Bruno's requirement of proof that 1000BTC was paid to a charity. Put simply, my conditions are that if PG is satisfied with the proof enough to donate, I will also donate.

With regards to the runeks bet, I'm not sure I agree that a 50:1 bet was exactly fair, but that does appear to be what Inaba agreed to. So, if runeks is happy with whatever he got and PG is satisfied that runeks was compensated justly, I will definitely go through with an additional $200 donation to Inaba's favorite charity. I require no proof other than that PG is satisfied that runeks is satisfied.

I will donate to whichever charity they choose, regardless of said charity's CharityNavigator score (a site I follow regularly).

$400 total is a small amount of worthless fiat, but enough of the fiat that they covet so dearly to encourage both BFL and Inaba to do the right thing, IMHO. These bets were VERY predatory and encouraged people to purchase units on figures that were NOT met. It is only fair they do the right thing and honor their debts.

Otherwise, they have zero integrity and absolutely no business participating on these forums.

So, to be clear, $400 to a charity(s) of Josh/BFL choice once they prove that 1000 BTC was donated, and another $200 once it's proven that runeks bet was satisfied beyond a reasonable doubt, Raize putting it in my court in showing that that particular 1000 BTC was indeed transferred.

I look forward to Raize confirming or amending this proposition.

~Bruno K~
Raize
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1419
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 05:25:20 PM

That is correct.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2013, 06:20:15 PM

That is correct.
zero3112

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 10:33:56 PM

why do you quote someone saying something?

jasinlee

Activity: 742

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 10:34:44 PM

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 12:46:55 AM

why do you quote two people saying something?

dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 12:51:04 AM

To be honest, I'm appalled that Josh doesn't have the scammer tag. 1000 BTC is a lot of money to default on. The bet wasn't especially formal, but it clearly wasn't a joke. This is in the same ballpark as Matthew's, which got him a scammer tag.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 12:54:30 AM

To be honest, I'm appalled that Josh doesn't have the scammer tag. 1000 BTC is a lot of money to default on. The bet wasn't especially formal, but it clearly wasn't a joke. This is in the same ballpark as Matthew's, which got him a scammer tag.

Theymos is turning his eye to this? Double standards?

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

saveawedge

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 11:31:19 AM

From a very uneducated perspective - I am utterly baffled that this forum has not banned / got rid of BFL advertisements OR given them scammer tags.

The company is possibly the least professional I have ever seen but yet it seems like very few people stand up against them. Advertising here, with the blessing of this forum, has enabled them to scam many more people than even they could have dreamed of.

lophie

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

Unlimited Free Crypto

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 02:03:31 PM

I knew of the bet existence but seriously guys? We are in the Bitcoin world. No signed messages no GPG keys? And now you want Josh to honor the bet? really? Josh? The same Josh from BFL? Honoring predetermined terms?

You all high on the emissions of your mining rigs if you think this is going to happen, IMO.

Will take me a while to climb up again, But where is a will, there is a way...
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 02:05:16 PM

you want Josh to honor the bet? really? Josh? The same Josh from BFL? Honoring predetermined terms?

LOL +1

Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826

amarha

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 02:16:19 PM

Can someone tell me why this is in the Off-Topic forum and not in Scam Accusations?
mufa23
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 05:34:58 PM

I'd consider myself a bit more reserved, and not part of the whole "Hurr Durr BFL and Josh are scammers! He's some lame memes and jokes about them..." bandwagon. But have you guys seen the latest update? I mean, it looks like they are delaying shipping further so they can meet their original power specs. Or in other words, they'll save money if they spend thousands more designing a better board rather than giving to charity. https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/2239-what-happened-chips-3.html#post30793

I sincerely hope this isn't the case.

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2013, 05:57:06 PM

why do you quote two people saying something?

Apologies, for I assumed simply quoting it would suffice, having nothing else to add. Obviously, I deserve 500 lashes with a wet noodle. Who's providing the noodle and who's doing the whipping?  Grin

Can someone tell me why this is in the Off-Topic forum and not in Scam Accusations?

I felt it should go here to not clog up the Scam thread, whereupon if my assertions proved viable, some other member(s) would migrate the proof(s).

From a very uneducated perspective - I am utterly baffled that this forum has not banned / got rid of BFL advertisements OR given them scammer tags.

The company is possibly the least professional I have ever seen but yet it seems like very few people stand up against them. Advertising here, with the blessing of this forum, has enabled them to scam many more people than even they could have dreamed of.

Either Google is no longer allowing the ads from BFL, or BFL has scaled back their advertising dollars.

I just thought of something of which may have already been expressed elsewhere, but eluded me: Why is it that both Josh/BFL stated loathing the BitcoinTalk forum, yet pay for ads here to garner sales from the same community they despise?

If one is an Agnostic, they don't advertise any wares they have on some religious forum. Likewise, if one's a racist, they don't advertise on sites populated with those they loathe, regardless if they would recognize a noticeable uptick in sales.

OTOH, you do promote to those having vulnerabilities, e.g., the elderly fond of playing the lottery.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2013, 06:08:31 PM

I'd consider myself a bit more reserved, and not part of the whole "Hurr Durr BFL and Josh are scammers! He's some lame memes and jokes about them..." bandwagon. But have you guys seen the latest update? I mean, it looks like they are delaying shipping further so they can meet their original power specs. Or in other words, they'll save money if they spend thousands more designing a better board rather than giving to charity. https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/2239-what-happened-chips-3.html#post30793

I sincerely hope this isn't the case.

Interesting!

I'm not sure how many of the 5 wafers have been used so far.

Contractor: Is there enough drywall to complete the job?
Bruno: I'm not sure how many sheets have been hung.
Contractor: Why don't you count how many sheets are left and subtract that number from how many were stocked?
Bruno: It's not that simple. I had to take some of the drywall outta your house and use it in the one I'm building from myself. Since I took it at night and didn't keep a count, the resulting number you seek would be skewed.
Contractor: Obviously, I need to hire the other drywall contractor for my subsequent homes.
Bruno: You could, but they will take too long, use chinese drywall, and their customer service sucks.
Contractor: How the fuck did I get stuck with you guys?
Bruno: You pre-ordered last year when I was the only kid on the block.
Contractor: I've been waiting since last year to get the drywall hung in this house.
Bruno: Hanging drywall is hard.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 06:17:08 PM

I made a prank bet to goad people I thought were stupid, gullible, and mostly the kind of people who would post "get rid of matthew" style threads (so it was out of spite mostly). Despite never touching a single bitcent, I ended up losing $63,000, a job, and have had to initiate settlements with over a hundred people, (many of which admitted that they'd never even pay) in an effort to make things right. I may *never* successfully pay every last person as a result of the constant volatility. What I did was absolutely over the line and I deserved everything I got. I received a violent reaction from the greedy community who had already been duped into losing their fortunes in an "ask questions later" ponzi. I received a scammer tag *instantly* after the bet ended because it was obvious to Theymos that I had no intention of paying at the time (he even posted a macro image of a cat "Do you think this is a game?").

Let me repeat the important points: I, a well known troll and an individual, not a serious business, was held to my responsibilities for a bet, a bet that was intended merely to troll and was held to every penny, not just by the people involved in the bet, but by moderators and Theymos (admin) himself because the statements of claim to pay (bet) were made here on this forum. I am not a scammer, and thus take responsibility for my actions.

Now let's take Josh. He, as a company (representative) makes a public promise (on the forum) that if they cannot deliver within their specified range, they will pay 1000BTC to a charity. They not only failed to deliver on spec, they failed to deliver period. Are they sorry for making claims they couldn't back up? I'm sure they (privately) are, very much so. Would it be considered scamming if they didn't, despite obvious pain, pay the 1000 BTC to charity? Yes.

Josh and BFL have already earned a scammer tag, Theymos is just apparently waiting for something. As someone who has received a hasty scammer tag from Theymos *twice* since joining these forums, it always has been quite insulting to watch the favoritism here. It's kind of what made me (a normally serious poster) into a troll in the first place-- I completely lost all respect for these forums on multiple occasions.

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 02:14:44 AM

I made a prank bet to goad people I thought were stupid, gullible, and mostly the kind of people who would post "get rid of matthew" style threads (so it was out of spite mostly). Despite never touching a single bitcent, I ended up losing $63,000, a job, and have had to initiate settlements with over a hundred people, (many of which admitted that they'd never even pay) in an effort to make things right. I may *never* successfully pay every last person as a result of the constant volatility. What I did was absolutely over the line and I deserved everything I got. I received a violent reaction from the greedy community who had already been duped into losing their fortunes in an "ask questions later" ponzi. I received a scammer tag *instantly* after the bet ended because it was obvious to Theymos that I had no intention of paying at the time (he even posted a macro image of a cat "Do you think this is a game?").

Let me repeat the important points: I, a well known troll and an individual, not a serious business, was held to my responsibilities for a bet, a bet that was intended merely to troll and was held to every penny, not just by the people involved in the bet, but by moderators and Theymos (admin) himself because the statements of claim to pay (bet) were made here on this forum. I am not a scammer, and thus take responsibility for my actions.

Now let's take Josh. He, as a company (representative) makes a public promise (on the forum) that if they cannot deliver within their specified range, they will pay 1000BTC to a charity. They not only failed to deliver on spec, they failed to deliver period. Are they sorry for making claims they couldn't back up? I'm sure they (privately) are, very much so. Would it be considered scamming if they didn't, despite obvious pain, pay the 1000 BTC to charity? Yes.

Josh and BFL have already earned a scammer tag, Theymos is just apparently waiting for something. As someone who has received a hasty scammer tag from Theymos *twice* since joining these forums, it always has been quite insulting to watch the favoritism here. It's kind of what made me (a normally serious poster) into a troll in the first place-- I completely lost all respect for these forums on multiple occasions.

Bravo! Well said and a very compelling argument for a scammer tag for Josh and BFL.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 08:28:47 AM

+1 yup so Theymos why no action?

Pirate got one, MNW got one, Josh/BFL should too.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

rudrigorc2
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 08:35:39 AM

Please donate to the worlds largest charity, what ever it be. Tell them you will make a donation of over $100,000 or wait til it hits $120-130 a coin before sending and tell them a donation of $130,000 paid in bitcoin if they add the link on site to send it to. The only requirement is that they have to keep the link on site, this will be massive for bitcoin if it happens.

Imagine if you can get the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation to accept bitcoin.

Damn, after the interview I say yesterday, this is truly a possibility!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: