Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:58:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The legalization of bitcoin.  (Read 5093 times)
Joshua101101

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

https://saturn.black

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 10:06:36 AM

In my opinion, the idea is not bad, but it is doomed to failure. All parts of the planet have long been distributed among states and are controlled, and this will already be a violation of rights.

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
────────  Facebook Twitter ♦  Telegram ♦  Blog ♦  Bitcointalk   ────────
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
wxa7115

Activity: 2716
Merit: 704

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 10:36:50 PM

Do you think if we create an initiative group for the legalization of bitcoin. To find uninhabited island, to announce the collection of funds for its acquisition. Everyone who contribute will receive a piece of this island. Based on the state of Bitcoin official currency of this state to make a bitcoin. Do you like this idea?
It will not happen, every single piece of land has an owner, and when a new piece of land emerges due to volcanic activity or something like that, a government will claim ownership of that land, so unfortunately it is not possible to do that at the moment.

Anyway that does not stop that somebody can buy an island or yes? The thing is maybe that you could not buy much on that island, perhaps the direct exchange of goods would give much better result on that island, but in any case there isn´t need to mix one thing with another, it's almost like saying legalize internet,
oh wait, was it ever oneday illegal? in any case could be try of "regulate" but depending on what or for whom,
only starting from there already represents a problem define it.
You can buy an island but you cannot impose your own laws, you are still subject to the laws of the country that island belongs, you cannot try to create a country out of nowhere, believe me some have tried, look for the principality of sealand if you don’t believe me.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Despacito

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 10:45:03 PM

In my opinion, the idea is not bad, but it is doomed to failure. All parts of the planet have long been distributed among states and are controlled, and this will already be a violation of rights.

This is the existing problem why bitcoin can't be legit all around the world. Us, its supporters, need to know that bitcoin will not be a a legit system soon.

The governments don't like bitcoin and its uncontrallable features.
HaXX0R1337

Activity: 574
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 11:23:14 PM

This is the existing problem why bitcoin can't be legit all around the world. Us, its supporters, need to know that bitcoin will not be a a legit system soon.
Governments all over the world will legalize bitcoin pretty soon,which means that they will bring in more rules and regulations on how things work with the exchanges and how people could send money and the restrictions imposed and so on,so what i feel is there will be more restrictions for bitcoin in the name of legalization.

▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄█████▀▀       ▀▀█████▄
 ▄████▀             ▀████▄
▄████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀████▄
█████    █████████    █████
█████    ████████▀    █████
█████     ▄▄▄▄        █████
▀████▄   ██████      ▄████▀
 ▀████   █████▀     ▄████▀
   ▀▀     ▄▄▄    ▄▄█████▀
         █████   █████▀
         ▀███▀    ▀▀
COMPRO
FINANCE
▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
Colt81

Activity: 630
Merit: 265

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 11:34:07 PM

Governments all over the world will legalize bitcoin pretty soon,which means that they will bring in more rules and regulations on how things work with the exchanges and how people could send money and the restrictions imposed and so on,so what i feel is there will be more restrictions for bitcoin in the name of legalization.
Actually, bitcoin is a legal currency. I hink you are just pertaining for the government's support. Regarding that, they'll do it as time goes by. However, it's quite difficult to happen since it's decentralized that competes with fiat money in which government can regulated it.
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 11:49:19 PM

There is not a single government body that is in favor of Bitcoin that doesn't also want to have a tight leash on what it is able to do, and making sure they get their share of taxes from it. It's just normal for them at this point. There is no way they do not want to have their hands all over whatever their citizens are using and they will always seek to be belligerent when it comes to something that does not comply.
illaslli

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 11:54:02 PM

Actually, bitcoin is a legal currency. I hink you are just pertaining for the government's support. Regarding that, they'll do it as time goes by. However, it's quite difficult to happen since it's decentralized that competes with fiat money in which government can regulated it.

We have long past the legal phase and we are currently in the acceptance phase with more and more countries starting to accept and regulate it. After that comes the support phase where I think some countries will support it and others won't.

I don't think bitcoin really competes with fiat but rather works well alongside it, at the end of the day it will never be a replacement for cold hard cash and some governments will realize that and actively support it others will remain skeptical.
btccashacc
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 11:59:14 PM

I can't deny that they will do such things that you've just said above. Our government have regulate bitcoin, now if you're holding bitcoin or transaction with it, it can be taxed. They the government will try their best to control it even though they can't control it completely. Well is it just me or,,,, that i don't like legalization of the bitcoin it might be good for bitcoin adoption but i just love bitcoin being decentralized without intervention from the government.
DuaLipa

Activity: 198

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 12:02:07 AM

There is not a single government body that is in favor of Bitcoin that doesn't also want to have a tight leash on what it is able to do, and making sure they get their share of taxes from it. It's just normal for them at this point. There is no way they do not want to have their hands all over whatever their citizens are using and they will always seek to be belligerent when it comes to something that does not comply.

Correct this should be seen as a process. Like a first part of a long chain. One government will accept it and the rest will follow it by time.
TimJBenham

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 12:33:09 AM

Ahh no. Even buying an uninhabited island from a country wouldn't work since no one would sell it to you and secondly, almost every island in this world is already under the sovereignty of a country

An alternative would be to buy a whole existing nation. There are several struggling Pacific microstates that are threatened with inundation by AGW and whose inhabitants already have the right of abode in another country. The idea would be to wait until most of the inhabitants had left, then offer the remaining ones $$$ to (a) amend their constitution to make NewCountry Inc. the sovereign, and (b) leave.

You are a warlord in the outskirts of the known world struggling to establish a kingdom in the wild lands.
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1103

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 09:45:27 AM

I'm having a hard time trying to understand why anyone would want a country with bitcoin as the main form of currency. As a really volatile coin, prices would raise and fall almost daily, as globalization made almost every single product international. Living in the island would be a really terrible experience, or just plainly impossible. It would make bitcoin a "real" currency... But that would change nothing on how things work today. It's a bad idea, in general.
Actually the more people are using it the less volatile it becomes. More distribution = more stabilization. If a country started using it as a main currency, there would be 20 million people using it on a daily basis. That's 20 million more users who have to turn their savings into Bitcoin.
We'd have a sharp increase in price, a lot of new users that will receive their wages in Bitcoin, more stability in the market as new people won't be playing, they will be using it to buy stuff, which means they won't be dumping or reacting to dumps, as there will be nothing to dump into with no national fiat currency.

thymeow

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 10:23:47 AM

This is a good idea and more advance way of currency.
Since there are multiple redundant copies of the transactions database, no one can seize bitcoins. The most someone can do is force the user, by other means, to send the the bitcoins to someone else. This means that governments can’t freeze someone’s wealth, and thus users of Bitcoins will have complete freedom to do anything they want with their money. Sending and receiving Bitcoins requires users to keep the Bitcoin client running and connected to other nodes. Essentially, by using bitcoins users will be contributing to the network, and thus sharing the burden of authorizing transactions. Sharing this work greatly reduces transaction costs, and thus makes transaction costs negligible.
gracia0023

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 09:24:25 AM

In my opinion it will take times to happen or maybe its impossible to legalized. All of country have a legal fiat and they have follow their own laws in implementing the adaptation of new currencies entering in their custody. The fact is bitcoin is hard to legalize because of status in economic growth of one country. The situation bitcoin can't contribute the economic system of one nation. Also bitcoin is anonymous and the used of this is through internet. Another thing is there are a lot of hindrances to legalized it and some country can't accept or adopt bitcoin.
Obito

Activity: 1274
Merit: 293

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 09:37:22 AM

Do you think if we create an initiative group for the legalization of bitcoin. To find uninhabited island, to announce the collection of funds for its acquisition. Everyone who contribute will receive a piece of this island. Based on the state of Bitcoin official currency of this state to make a bitcoin. Do you like this idea?
It will not happen, every single piece of land has an owner, and when a new piece of land emerges due to volcanic activity or something like that, a government will claim ownership of that land, so unfortunately it is not possible to do that at the moment.

Anyway that does not stop that somebody can buy an island or yes? The thing is maybe that you could not buy much on that island, perhaps the direct exchange of goods would give much better result on that island, but in any case there isn´t need to mix one thing with another, it's almost like saying legalize internet,
oh wait, was it ever oneday illegal? in any case could be try of "regulate" but depending on what or for whom,
only starting from there already represents a problem define it.
You can buy an island but you cannot impose your own laws, you are still subject to the laws of the country that island belongs, you cannot try to create a country out of nowhere, believe me some have tried, look for the principality of sealand if you don’t believe me.
True, you could buy an island however you could not still create your own law because you are still in the teritory of that county. I mean if that possible then there are many country sprouting now and every rich man have thier own country. Legalization of bitcoin in ones country is possible as long as the government will accept it.
emezh10

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 10:01:03 AM

Your opinion is impossible for me however the bitcoin can be adopted in the countries that is open for change and in upgrade if that is going to happen the bitcoin price will pump because that is a milestone for bitcoin and I think if that will happen in just one country many countries will be interested and make a move also.
White Christmas

Activity: 882
Merit: 258

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 11:21:01 AM

Every country has their own law and so is the case with Bitcoin . Few countries have legalised it while some are I. Process of how to bring this under purview so that it can be monitored and legalised as well. How does it benefit economy and citizens of the country is also what government takes into consideration .

Yes every country have their own rules to be follow. Legalization of bitcoin was depend on the government of one country. Before government accept bitcoin they look first on its advantages and disadvantages. if its help people or not. In my country bitcoin was still not legalized.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
frowsiter

Activity: 714
Merit: 261

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 05:02:32 PM

That's off the chart idea. You can't just hold any island out there as all of them will be ruled by next government present nearest to that land. For example if it is in western Pacific Ocean then it is most probably under the rules of USA while the islands in the eastern Pacific Ocean would be under the territory of India. So you go anywhere in the world you will have to face the legislation first to acquire that particular island. It is good idea but bitcoin is not that powerful to get you island as government should accept that particular currency that is bitcoin to let you buy it. It seems to be complex idea and may not be possible at this point.
voltesbit777

Activity: 910
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 09:09:32 PM

I think thats impossible to be happen, due to all mountains, forest, river, and island are property of each government of the
nation. Unless you own that island and paid it in the goverment.
BitcoinPanther

Activity: 1918
Merit: 564

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 09:15:23 PM

If they collected enough fund they can just buy these pieces of lands and own the rights on that property.  I do not think that this kind of thing will bring a violation of rights as long as all is processed in legal ways.  We do not need to barge in and say we own this land, we can just all act as a responsible law abiding adult and buy land that is owned by other people if they agree.
Weatherby

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 09:53:49 PM

If they collected enough fund they can just buy these pieces of lands and own the rights on that property.  I do not think that this kind of thing will bring a violation of rights as long as all is processed in legal ways.  We do not need to barge in and say we own this land, we can just all act as a responsible law abiding adult and buy land that is owned by other people if they agree.
Every property comes under some form of government ,so it is an impossible task,OP is planning to build an entire township and have his rules imposed other than that what is the real use,if he is the sole habitat in that island,that does not make any sense either. Cheesy There is no restrictions to use bitcoin so what is the problem now,he could accept bitcoin for his business can trade and you can have all the freedom in the world with bitcoin even now.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: