Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:28:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why hasn't any government stopped Bitcoin?  (Read 36080 times)
NoMar02

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 08:03:54 PM

In my opinion it would not be wise to be against on bitcoin nor blockchain technology. This will be only way forward and you just simply cannot ignore it.

Governments are now looking ways to regulate blockchain businesses. For example, Estonia may offer "estcoins" to it's e-residents. The proposal to issue crypto tokens would make the Republic of Estonia the first country with an Initial Coin Offering (ICO).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AgentofCoin
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 09:09:09 PM

Yes, accept that contradicts what the bible says, and if we are
assuming that it is a prophetic writing since the entity is of a higher
dimension and the actions have already occurred, then what you just
said is wrong, since what you said is not in the Book of Revelation.

In fact, it conveys the opposite.
Please refer to your book and update your understanding.
The One World System is forced and those who do not take it are put
to death. That is the opposite of "willingly and voluntarily adopting it".

Some will escape being put to death, because they saw the signs prior
and fled. According to the book, those people will be sustained by the
entity in some manner and will be the ones who endure till the end.

But, ultimately I have wasted some time here and this original thread,
which was about Bitcoin and Legal Theory, has paid the real price.  Cheesy

Everything you said contradicts the Book of Revelation too.
Things can be forced onto you without you even realizing it directly.
If the government makes your fiat money worthless, you are forced to find a solution and take action.
Otherwise, you suffer and die.

Since you are interested in the Bible, I suggest you the Nag Hammadi lost scriptures too.

And here's my favorite quote for you.

Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. - Matthew 6:19-21

I believe that includes bitcoin too as one of the treasures on earth.
And no, in case you believe a world above us would need money too.
The spiritual world above us has absolutely no use for money in any form or kind.
Anyone who argue the opposite is a charlatan and a sinner.
Money is an earth-bound stuff.

Edit:
Money, in any form or kind, is not the work of God.
I believe the same can be said of bitcoin.
So anyone saying bitcoin is from the universe as an answer to people's prayer for financial salvation against TPTB (or something like that), is committing blasphemy, knowingly or unknowingly.

You obviously have missed my point.
Either I have explained myself incorrectly due to my limitations
or you are incapable of understanding what I have said. At no
time did I say anything that you think I said.

As I have stated prior, some will understand what I am saying
and others will not, I do not need to convince you. For you to
have written such a response to me, tells me that there is much
I need to explain to you. But there is a high probability that you
will never understand it after the time I spend, so I will not go
in depth with pages of communications, but will give a very
simple addition that you can choose to apply to my prior
statements or not:

"The entity is not fully passive in the system and provides tools
through intervention, dreams, and proxies, and sends them into
the world so that humanity is able to advance and move over time,
in a manner in which the end goal completes a promise given, and
its ultimate own perfection and reunification. When money or Bitcoin
is created in this world, it always manifested from the source, but
the source does not need nor care for money or bitcoin obviously,
and was only provided for the next issued tools for humanities'
growth. So, from a human theological perspective, electricity,
cars, planes, computers, governments, and whatever else the
human mind is able to design or construct are all issued by the
source to provide the human collective choices and paths. Those
tools will be used for good or for evil, that is the choice provided
by the entity, it does not force the use of one, its says you must
pick which based on your individual growth. The entity does not
force you to do anything, and in fact has allowed you to choose
it or deny it. The entity does not desire blind faith or blind
worship, but true choice, reasoning, understanding, patience,
mercy, responsibility, and companionship."

So, outright dismissing Bitcoin and thinking that God is against
it automatically because God has no need for it on earth or in
heaven, it irrelevant to the actually argument at hand. The issue
is not whether Bitcoin or money is good or bad, the issue was
whether Bitcoin could provide a path of escape from the system
that will come that is oppressive and all consuming. My argument
was that Bitcoin could be another path, opposite from the One
World Currency that is to come, that the entity always provides
for humanity so that not all must fall in the end, but some shall
survive and overcome, as like with Lot. I never said anything
that you think I said. Next time please ask for clarification instead
of accusing me of performing blasphemy, since it is clear
you have not anticipated my actual thought process, and
have used a base reasoning type to dismiss me.

I support a decentralized & unregulatable ledger first, with safe scaling over time.
Request a signed message if you are associating with anyone claiming to be me.
AgentofCoin
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 09:45:24 PM

Some will escape being put to death, because they saw the signs prior and fled. According to the book, those people will be sustained by the entity in some manner and will be the ones who endure till the end.
It’s not clear in the Bible if those who are raptured are not put to death or whatever. Rather the rapture applies to the person’s soul not their earthly carcass.

The Bible says those who refuse the Mark 666 will be put to death, but they can still be raptured.

The rapture in not in the bible and is a very recent creation.

The theory of the rapture contradicts the Judgment and Jesus's
and the old testament prophet's teachings. The only humans who
were allowed to be taken away prior to the Judgment were Elijah
and Enoch. All others sleep till the Judgment. The rapture is not
in theological conformance and would be a contradiction of all
the words prior to the lines you are misinterpreting. If that
one line contradicts all others, it must be an incorrect
form of logic. All will be gathered together, then the
wheat and chaff will be separated.

As Dork says, the Bible says that in heaven (and on earth after Jesus returns with those who were raptured), there is no use for money. So thus your proclamation that Bitcoin is useful for those who survive the reign of the Anti-Christ is a nonsensical theological theory.

I did not say what you think I said.

I believe I clearly stated that Bitcoin could be a path provided,
that can exist outside of the One World System. Some people
will be able to live through the "Antichrist's" reign, yet will not
accept the mark. These are the people who will endure till the
end, without blemish. Everything I am referring to is prior to
the Son of Man returning. I never said anything about heaven,
or money in heaven, or any other such ridiculousness.

So, you must ask yourself, how can these people survive in
this oppressive world and not directly participate in that world?
How will God provide for them, as he has always done? How
will they buy and sell without conforming to the One World
System? It is possible another system is provided for them?
These are the question I ask.

You two are either placing words in my mouth intentionally,
or are really missing what I have been saying this whole time.

I support a decentralized & unregulatable ledger first, with safe scaling over time.
senne

Activity: 1078
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 10:13:20 PM

Many governments have neither stopped Bitcoin nor declared Bitcoin as totally legal, just because of the fact that government also realizes the potential of bitcoin, hence they also want to get befits out of it. But on the other hand they are still finding some ways so that the monopoly of the national currency don't losses it value due to which every other day few government either launch their new crypto currency or declare ban on ICO. Also imposing a ban will ultimately cost the government as there will be no tax returns on Bitcoin and Bitcoin may continue to transact illegally.
Hyperme.sh

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 11:05:01 PM
Last edit: October 07, 2017, 11:27:15 PM by Hyperme.sh

Since you asked me in a PM to answer this…

I have the impression that you stand is 100% into bitcoin and litecoin only. Ethereum and the rest under its umbrella are illegal and should/will be gone.

Only BTC that was purchased long before the BTCSegWit was created. I do not want to own recent BTC as there is small chance of a long-range chain reorganization where all the SegWit is stolen by the miners because that is one of the flaws of SegWit.

My main holding right now is BCH and I still have some LTC, but I sold all my LTC at $75 - $80 and repurchased some in the low $40s. I sold most of my BTC in the upper $4000s for LTC and BCH and as I said I took profits on the LTC hence.

I hold BCH because it appears to be the most undervalued all of the major proof-of-work issued coins. And the chaos that SegWit2X creates (as well any potential long-range chain reorganization of BTC) could cause BCH to skyrocket. Remember I was screaming all over the forum for everyone to buy LTC at $6 (predicted it to go to $50+). But I’m apparently a bit too premature in my move into BCH. Probably should have sold to fiat and then repurchased only BTC and LTC and held for another move up first. Appears the bottom in BCH will either be $350 or $300ish. If we break below $300, that might change my expectations.

Assuming in a world where the current conventional world economic system is totally collapsed and the only thing remaining are bitcoin and litecoin (everything else gone, including ethereum and the rest), can bitcoin and litecoin do what ethereum is doing now with its "smart contract" foundation?

I don’t agree that BTC and LTC are the only viable proof-of-work coins. There’s also XMR, BCH, and ZCASH.

Also I believe there might exist coins which are not proof-of-work, which were not illegally issued securities, such as my altcoin project which is underdevelopment and not yet officially announced.

Bitcoin/Litecoin can’t in their current form do everything that Ethereum does because the miners don’t validate complex smart contracts. There are limited ways of implementing some forms of smart contracts on Satoshi’s blockchain design, but not all or even most.

There’s also the issue of decentralized scaling, which no blockchain in existence can do.

If they can, then how exactly can that be done and why are the TPTB not doing it with bitcoin and litecoin? If they can't, then isn't it possible that despite ethereum not legal (as in unregulated), it may very likely still continue and prosper and that governments may eventually approve ICO (flip-flopping as they do with banning bitcoin and later on reverse stance)?

Nobody is sure tokens illegally issued as securities will thrive or not. Did you see my post yesterday about the SEC being for sale to corruption?

Nevertheless I am working on an altcoin project with some other programmers and I think it will be legally issued and it will do everything Ethereum does, so I think there will be alternatives any way.

I’m not quite sure how the Zionists will react to all of this, if we presume they did create and do control the destiny of Bitcoin (which of course is just an unproven theory with some circumstantial evidence). Presumably they will attempt to co-opt it in some way.

And if we are permanently in a less ideal world, then what do you think is the likelihood that despite ethereum and all the ICOs under it are illegal (for being unregulated), they may still survive and continue to prosper?

Looks to me like the governments are being corrupted by the ICO money and then we could have governments fighting over which tokens are legal in which countries, lol. A huge mess.

First the Swiss (Ethereum, etc) and now perhaps in the USA.

We’re headed into a huge mess of separatist movements, bankrupted governments, etc..

I think the ICO issued tokens will live on for a while, but that eventually they will be displaced by tokens that were not encumbered perhaps.

Well really what I think is that which ever token ever attains mass adoption first is going to be in the leadership position and will add all the features and take over the market, presuming the Zionists don’t intervene.

But of course regulation is to be put in place not really to protect ICO participants, but to know who you are and track you down.

Actually regulation exists mostly to control the competition so that only those who pay off the regulators can thrive.

So more regulation should mean more corruption, enriching a very few people.

There are many crypto-based companies that voluntarily require you to submit your personal details under the excuse of AML/KYC. Immediately that tells me the people in charge of this company are very likely related to TPTB, be it directly or indirectly.

Well I’m not TPTB (nor a Zionist) but many people will be providing their face photos and video interview in our altcoin project (but I am not alluding to any token sale). Sometimes business leaders have to comply so they do not incriminate themselves.

Come to think of it. The Chinese people are simply not intellectually nor technically competent enough

Actually the North East Asians (Chinese, Koreans, and Japanese) have a higher average IQ than Europeans. But Europeans have a flatter bell curve so there are more idiots and more geniuses than East Asians.

Perhaps they’re not yet as savvy as the Americans in terms of consumer software creation, but they are catching up fast.

A person that I personally know mentioned to me that Bitmain is actually an Israeli company. So I wouldn't be surprised that China's success and dominance in bitcoin and bitcoin mining is not without very strong support from Israeli.

That seems plausible. I would like to see some evidence.

You just look at speeches given by Roger Ver and Jihan Wu and you can immediately tell they are totally not cut out for all these. Stupid people cannot be on top unless they are supported by the powers above them. Roger Ver, Jihan Wu and many others are very likely just public figureheads to play out the exact dramas that TPTB wants them to.

Roger Ver is a semi-smart person (not super smart but not a dunce) who apparently bought a lot of Bitcoins when they cost only pennies.
Hyperme.sh

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 11:10:07 PM
Last edit: October 08, 2017, 12:34:02 AM by Hyperme.sh

Not all governments ban bitcoin because they don't know what to do with this invention. Ignore use cryptocurrency, they can not. There is a constant outflow of investment into the cryptocurrency.

You may be correct. See my reply to @Dorky above. It’s possible that government will also want some of the spoils.

So, outright dismissing Bitcoin and thinking that God is against it automatically because God has no need for it on earth or in heaven, it irrelevant to the actually argument at hand. The issue is not whether Bitcoin or money is good or bad, the issue was whether Bitcoin could provide a path of escape from the system that will come that is oppressive and all consuming.

Actually I agree with this and I had written many times over the past years, that I think Bitcoin would spawn an altcoin that will do what you say. And I believe possibly I am the one who is creating that altcoin. Certainly I am working on a decentralized ledger design which is revolutionary and different than proof-of-work and proof-of-stake. So we’ll see what transpires.

Of course from a theological perspective, God could fool Satan very easily and use Satan’s own hand to create what God wants.

The theory of the rapture contradicts the Judgment and Jesus's and the old testament prophet's teachings. The only humans who were allowed to be taken away prior to the Judgment were Elijah and Enoch. All others sleep till the Judgment. The rapture is not in theological conformance […]

This crap is debated endlessly on the Internet and it doesn’t matter any way, because it offers no testable prediction (you must rely on it purely on faith and with uncertain timing). What ever happens happens. We’ll find out when we get there.

I believe I clearly stated that Bitcoin could be a path provided, that can exist outside of the One World System. Some people will be able to live through the "Antichrist's" reign, yet will not accept the mark. These are the people who will endure till the end, without blemish. Everything I am referring to is prior to the Son of Man returning. I never said anything about heaven, or money in heaven, or any other such ridiculousness.

So, you must ask yourself, how can these people survive in this oppressive world and not directly participate in that world? How will God provide for them, as he has always done? How will they buy and sell without conforming to the One World System? It is possible another system is provided for them? These are the question I ask.

Indeed we thought you were referring to the end game of it all. Now I understand you’re referring to the utility of earthly apparatus while we’re still stuck on earth. I have no objections other than it doesn’t necessarily have to be Bitcoin.

Everything you said contradicts the Book of Revelation too. Things can be forced onto you without you even realizing it directly. If the government makes your fiat money worthless, you are forced to find a solution and take action. Otherwise, you suffer and die.

What @AgentofCoin means is that even if Bitcoin is under complete control of the Zionists, then perhaps an altcoin will come which they do not control.
AgentofCoin
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 11:55:57 PM

So, outright dismissing Bitcoin and thinking that God is against it automatically because God has no need for it on earth or in heaven, it irrelevant to the actually argument at hand. The issue is not whether Bitcoin or money is good or bad, the issue was whether Bitcoin could provide a path of escape from the system that will come that is oppressive and all consuming.
Actually I agree with this and I had written many times over the past years, that I think Bitcoin would spawn an altcoin that will do what you say. And I believe possibly I am the one who is creating that altcoin. Certainly I am working on a decentralized ledger design which is revolutionary and different than proof-of-work and proof-of-stake. So we’ll see what transpires.

Of course from a theological perspective, God could fool Satan very easily and use Satan’s own hand to create what God wants.

Yes, even Satan is a proxy of God.

So, if that proxy has rebelled by his own will or that of God's,
and is attempting to prove God to be invalid and unworthy of
admiration and love, ultimately God can turn his best malicious
ideas and device against him and his workings. That is possible
and thus why the rebellion will ultimately fail, which Satan already
knows, but is still bound to perform.

The theory of the rapture contradicts the Judgment and Jesus's and the old testament prophet's teachings. The only humans who were allowed to be taken away prior to the Judgment were Elijah and Enoch. All others sleep till the Judgment. The rapture is not in theological conformance […]
This crap is debated endlessly on the Internet and it doesn’t matter any way, because it offers no testable prediction (you must rely on it purely on faith and with uncertain timing). What ever happens happens. We’ll find out when we get there.

Yes I agree, whatever happens will happen, and we will find out
eventually. But, I'm adding in the following because I assume some
will be upset I said the rapture is not real, so here is my reasoning
why I think such, for the record. It is not to be offensive, but for
considerations.

For theological elaboration: the rapture would in theory be a
selection of humans who God had determined should not proceed
through the Tribulations, as a special selective group. This is not
fair, and in order to prove that God is fair, loving, and just,
throughout existence and during the determination of the
judgments, all those who are living must go through the
process of Tribulation equally. No human is actually judged by
God or his proxies, until the time of the Judgment in front of the
whole world. The Rapture group would convey that there has
been a secret prejudgment. So, the rapture would be a
contradiction of God's plan to prove his validity in a public and
provable manner. It would mean God has partiality among his
children, which is not true. In fact, he loves his children so
much, he even gives them a roadmap and signs of the times,
which are devices that allow for provability at that future
appointed time.

I believe I clearly stated that Bitcoin could be a path provided, that can exist outside of the One World System. Some people will be able to live through the "Antichrist's" reign, yet will not accept the mark. These are the people who will endure till the end, without blemish. Everything I am referring to is prior to the Son of Man returning. I never said anything about heaven, or money in heaven, or any other such ridiculousness.

So, you must ask yourself, how can these people survive in this oppressive world and not directly participate in that world? How will God provide for them, as he has always done? How will they buy and sell without conforming to the One World System? It is possible another system is provided for them? These are the question I ask.
Indeed we thought you were referring to the end game of it all. Now I understand you’re referring to the utility of earthly apparatus while we’re still stuck on earth. I have no objections other than it doesn’t necessarily have to be Bitcoin.

Yes, I am talking about the physical world and would never
intentionally contradict what is written in the book. I am only
attempting to unify and bring logic to both the Bitcoin system
and the Bible, which may be a prophetic device of the future,
and thus Bitcoin''s existence in conjunction with that possibility,
must be ascertained and rectified prior to the events that will
occur. All possibilities must be entertained.

I am glad we have found common ground in some areas.

Hyperme.sh

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 12:40:06 AM
Last edit: October 08, 2017, 12:52:40 AM by Hyperme.sh

I am glad we have found common ground in some areas.

Ditto. Apologies for some of my remarks being so stern. My intention was only that you not ignore the significance of my technical perspective on Satoshi’s design and those videos about how powerful the Zionists have become given they could slaughter 2700+ people at 9/11. Of course 9/11 also had a Godly purpose as it opened so many people’s eyes to the importance studying Revelation.

Your rapture debunking thesis is inspirational, but aren’t the 2700 slaughtered by Satan already raptured? Or are they waiting in purgatory interim?

At least the pain they suffered wasn’t for an extended period of time.
Dorky

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 01:17:34 AM
Last edit: October 08, 2017, 01:28:39 AM by Dorky

You obviously have missed my point.
Either I have explained myself incorrectly due to my limitations
or you are incapable of understanding what I have said. At no
time did I say anything that you think I said.

. . .

I see your point now.
You are right.
Yes, God is neutral on money and bitcoin.
In the end, it boils down to your own personal growth that determines if you yourself are for / against money/bitcoin, not God.
Money/bitcoin is only here manifested to facilitate your growth.
If your growth is mature enough, you wouldn't need money/bitcoin.
Otherwise, you will remain in need of it, in order to learn and grow.
Personally I would say a highly evolved person will not be attracted to money/bitcoin.

Now, when I reached this final paragraph of yours, I disagree with your points.
The issue is not whether Bitcoin or money is good or bad, the issue was
whether Bitcoin could provide a path of escape from the system
that will come that is oppressive and all consuming. My argument
was that Bitcoin could be another path, opposite from the One
World Currency that is to come, that the entity always provides
for humanity so that not all must fall in the end, but some shall
survive and overcome, as like with Lot.

How do you know bitcoin is the path of escape?
Who told you that?
Who told you that bitcoin is the only path available and there is no other way that is non-bitcoin?
Who told you that bitcoin will not ultimately end up oppressive and consuming as well?
Who told you that bitcoin is the opposite of the One World Currency, and not actually be a part of it?
Who told you that bitcoin will provide for your survival?
Are you sure these are facts and not merely personal interpretation of your own?
And what survival are you talking about?
Physical survival?
Spiritual survival?
In my personal opinion, both cases have no need for money/bitcoin.

You assume bitcoin will provide you the means of survival outside the One World Currency system, am I right?
Your assumption may be 100% wrong.
In case you want to bring up the Bible, I believe the Bible never imply such future where you will survive on another currency.

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████▄
   █████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
  ██████      ███████      █████
 █████████▌   ███████   █████████
▐█████████▌   ███████   █████████▌
████████                   ███████
▐███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄██████▌
 ██████████   ███████   █████████
  ██████▀▀▀   ███████   ▀▀▀█████
   █████      ███████      ████
    ▀████████████████████████▀
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

▄▄         ▄▄             ▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌           ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌     ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▄██████████▌   ▄███████████   ▄██████████
▐█████████████▌  ███▀     ▐██▌  ▐███▀     ███  ▐███▀
▐██▌       ▐██▌ ▐██▌      ▐██▌  ███▌      ███  ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌  ███▄     ▐██▌  ▐███▄     ███  ▐███▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▀██████████▌   ▀██████  ███   ▀██████████
▀▀         ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
FacebookTwitterBitcointalk
Dorky

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 01:37:47 AM

So, you must ask yourself, how can these people survive in
this oppressive world and not directly participate in that world?
How will God provide for them, as he has always done? How
will they buy and sell without conforming to the One World
System? It is possible another system is provided for them?
These are the question I ask.

You are money-bound.
You seek for a better monetary system whereby you can continue on with your material pursue.
Why are you asking for another monetary system to be provided for you, when the fact is no monetary system can be fair?
The problem is not having a problematic monetary system.
The problem is humans are unfair and not trustworthy.
And that's why the monetary system is created (or provided) to facilitate human unfairness.
That's why bitcoin is created (or provided) to facilitate human untrustworthiness.
The real problem is not the system that humans should really address.
The real problem is the human nature of being unfair and untrustworthy.
If humans can solve their nature of being unfair and untrustworthy, i.e. to become fair and trustworthy, no monetary system whatsoever would even be needed at all.
There is no such system provided for you that will actually be much better than the existing one.
The system that is actually much better is the one that you (and everyone else) are currently not ready to accept.

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Hyperme.sh

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 01:51:07 AM

Why are you asking for another monetary system to be provided for you, when the fact is no monetary system can be fair?

As long as we can use the tokens to run the decentralized ledger and get all the benefits thereof (e.g. Ethereum apps), who cares if the distribution of the money supply is fair.

The design of my decentralized ledger attempts to make the distribution of the money supply irrelevant (unlike in proof-of-stake) and there is no mining!

Something totally new is coming…
Dorky

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 01:53:15 AM

Hyperme.sh, thank you very much for your time in giving your inputs.  Cheesy

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
Dorky

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 02:01:45 AM

As long as we can use the tokens to run the decentralized ledger and get all the benefits thereof (e.g. Ethereum apps), who cares if the distribution of the money supply is fair.

The design of my decentralized ledger attempts to make the distribution of the money supply irrelevant (unlike in proof-of-stake) and there is no mining!

No, I wasn't referring specifically to the distribution of money supply as some aspect that is fair or unfair.
I meant the entire monetary system itself, any monetary system.
Because whatever the monetary system, it mainly seeks to facilitate human unfair and untrustworthy natures the best it can.
In my sincere opinion, the best system is not a system that seeks to facilitate such natures (unfair and untrustworthy) but to resolve the natures themselves.
Because ultimately it is no use to help a criminal not to harm another with all sorts of rules in place, but to help him realize where he went wrong in life, and help him resolve his inner grudge.
Once he resolves his inner grudge, he will stop being any criminal that he can potentially be as long as his grudge remains.
And if human natures of being unfair and untrustworthy are resolved, no monetary system will ever be needed.
If such natures are not resolved, no financial/monetary system will ever work nor everlasting.
If you notice, a massively huge part of everything everyone does, concentrates on minimizing/eliminating unfair and untrustworthy outcomes.
It makes no difference with whatever a new system will bring, as long as such human nature continue to persist.
If such human nature ceases to exist, i.e. humans become fair and trustworthy, then no system whatsoever is needed.

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
Hyperme.sh

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 02:25:43 AM

No, I wasn't referring specifically to the distribution of money supply as some aspect that is fair or unfair.
I meant the entire monetary system itself, any monetary system.
Because whatever the monetary system, it mainly seeks to facilitate human unfair and untrustworthy natures the best it can.
In my sincere opinion, the best system is not a system that seeks to facilitate such natures (unfair and untrustworthy) but to resolve the natures themselves.
Because ultimately it is no use to help a criminal not to harm another with all sorts of rules in place, but to help him realize where he went wrong in life, and help him resolve his inner grudge.
Once he resolves his inner grudge, he will stop being any criminal that he can potentially be as long as his grudge remains.
And if human natures of being unfair and untrustworthy are resolved, no monetary system will ever be needed.
If such natures are not resolved, no financial/monetary system will ever work nor everlasting.
If you notice, a massively huge part of everything everyone does, concentrates on minimizing/eliminating unfair and untrustworthy outcomes.
It makes no difference with whatever a new system will bring, as long as such human nature continue to persist.
If such human nature ceases to exist, i.e. humans become fair and trustworthy, then no system whatsoever is needed.

What I’m thinking about in the above comment is the Inverse Commons that @iamnotback used to write about. You might want to check his archives.

The monetary system of the token becomes more and more irrelevant. The utility of the Inverse Commons on the decentralized ledger becomes the value of the system.
CoinCube
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1055

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 02:48:07 AM

AgentofCoin I enjoyed reading your back and forth with Hyperme.sh

I found your reasoning and positions to be very interesting. Thanks for taking the time to post them.

Dorky

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 02:51:24 AM

What I’m thinking about in the above comment is the Inverse Commons that @iamnotback used to write about. You might want to check his archives.

The monetary system of the token becomes more and more irrelevant. The utility of the Inverse Commons on the decentralized ledger becomes the value of the system.

As long as an exchange of value between 2 persons is in place in the equation, human nature will prevail and somehow something that we don't know now will screw up in one way or another, i.e. someone will find a way to make your project fail or game it.

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
cpfreeplz
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1042

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 02:51:37 AM

Lol "all it would take is a 51% or a new law" . You do realize how much hashing power would be needed for a 51% attack right? Who the hell is going to get that at this point!?!?

In terms of a "new law" , ok well if bitcoins were declared illegal in your country, would you all of a sudden not be able to use them? Of course not!! Don't think that people are as cut off and stupid as they used to be. The internet has given us so many freedoms and this is the next step.
Dorky

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 05:46:54 AM
Last edit: October 08, 2017, 06:14:31 AM by Dorky

You guys need to realize the main reason why you are into bitcoin.

No, it is not because of store of value.

If the price goes down to $100, I can bet you will never talk about store of value.

Now, you may even foolishly say that you would likely buy it with everything you have hand over fist.

But I am very confident if such collapse will really happen, your action will totally contradict what you say now.

The reason why you guys really into bitcoin is only because of 2 (two) reasons: persistently rising price level, and the opportunity to be out of government's control.

Everything else like store of value, digital gold, etc are merely excuses to justify your action.

Persistently rising price is not because of your merit, but because of having exchanges in place to facilitate transactions that drive the price up.

Take the exchanges out of the equation and you will see everything collapses, regardless of store of value BS nonsense.

The opportunity to be out of government's control is another excuse to get you into bitcoin.

Soon everything will be as regulated as everything else, and it will make no difference.

Bitcoin will make everyone seriously fucking rich, but in exchange for material bondage that almost everyone will very willingly accept for worldly pleasure.

You cannot serve 2 masters at the same time.

In Buddhism, it mentioned a Dharma-Ending Age whereby the world will be very screwed up.

We are already in the beginning of such age, which was stated to last around 10,000 years.

You think you are entering a golden age?

You are sold the kool-aid.

True liberation is always spiritual, never material.

Ancient spiritual masters were all materially and financially poor and yet they are highly evolved with supernormal abilities.

They led a very happy and satisfying life compare to today's people that are far richer and yet full of worries and woes.

I am not asking you to be poor, but rather ask yourself how rich do you really want.

A massive chunk of the multimillions, multibillions, and multitrillions of the wealth a person can have is not even needed except for the sole purpose of excess.

Wanting something for the sole purpose of just trying to have more of it is an inherent defect of the human species that nothing (not even bitcoin) can solve.

Don't even talk about store of value, etc BS nonsense that's nothing but excuses.

In exchange for having in excess what you don't really need and will not last beyond a lifetime, you incur heavy sins that make sure your next rebirth in this world (because that's where your heart lies) will be on a very rotten foundation.

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
Hyperme.sh

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 09:38:15 AM

As long as an exchange of value between 2 persons is in place in the equation, human nature will prevail and somehow something that we don't know now will screw up in one way or another, i.e. someone will find a way to make your project fail or game it.

Please do not make me repeat again that your points are irrelevant to @iamnotback’s theory of the applicability of the Inverse Commons, assuming his theory is correct. I urge to read his archives before commenting further on something you have not read.
Dorky

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 10:01:21 AM

A person that I personally know mentioned to me that Bitmain is actually an Israeli company. So I wouldn't be surprised that China's success and dominance in bitcoin and bitcoin mining is not without very strong support from Israeli.

That seems plausible. I would like to see some evidence.

I've asked the person regarding this. It was from cointelegraph article which I double checked was about Bitmain's first R&D center to be located outside China, that is Israel. No mention about Bitmain being an Israeli company. Nevertheless, I still will not disregard the idea that China's first-mover advances in bitcoin mining is not without the help of TPTB in some way or another. Just look at the quality of the mining hardware and compare it to where Chinese quality and engineering standards were back in 2009-2011. Even today, Chinese quality and engineering standards are where they are with very significant help of joint venture with foreign companies. To think that a company like Bitmain founded by Jihan Wu who make speeches with very broken English while referring to the smartphone for the script and once awhile mentioned Greek/Roman philosophers (being a Chinese, why not refer to Lao Tzu, Sun Tzu, or Confucious?) would actually develop the mining hardware with the necessary engineering capabilities to attain such mining effectiveness and efficiency without the commonly heard of defects that anyone would normally get from a Made In China product, on its own without the help of some high-tech foreign partner is totally 100% fake news.

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: