Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Are they better?
YES - 96 (38.2%)
NO - 25 (10%)
idk - 3 (1.2%)
We need both - 127 (50.6%)
Total Voters: 251

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Are cryptocurrencies better than regular currency  (Read 19652 times)
jonatuzc

Activity: 854
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 10:02:52 PM

Of course, no, cryptocurrencies is not better than regular currency. because for first it is not real money, and most people do not know about cryptocurrencies, Good way is investing on crypto and then convert it into real money and get profit
There is no way a tech stock can compete with the main currency. Bitcoin can never be better than regular currency. The world needs regular currency more than Bitcoin. Bitcoin is just a stock you can invest into for profits. No one would say that their first intention for investing into Bitcoin wasn’t for money (regular currency)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TrumpD

Activity: 602
Merit: 265

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 10:07:47 PM

Bitcoin and crypto have their strong points, but at the moment I don't think they have evolved enough to compete with FIAT. It could some time in the future, but I doubt it. Whatever happens though, it will do well.
dobladi

Activity: 345
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 10:44:59 PM

Honestly I believe bitcoin is better since one you don't use your credit card so you don't loose you needed cash but instead your cash that you could easily earn back from mining. Plus, it's open to all ages unlike credit cards.
In some ways, Bitcoin has more advantages than fiat. The only advantage of regular currency is that its market value is more stable than the value of Bitcoin. But the rate of Bitcoin's inflation in terms of its value from time to time is way higher. Bitcoin is also decentralized, one of its advantages, that'll let you use your money as you like unlike in banks.

Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2017, 05:24:09 AM

I have voted in favour of Both because I think we need the both of the currencies. See, no doubt that crypto currencies will have their dominance in fund transfer industry in the coming years but still there will be people who will use fiat currencies. The basic need for the cryptocurrencies is the internet and we must realise the fact that not everyone is capable of using the internet for one or more reasons so for them we can't completely ignore offline fiat transactions. Yes, crypto currencies are better than fiat currencies in terms of utility but still, we need both.
Definitely we are bound to use both currencies. We are in need of both of these currencies so that our businesses and other things run smoothly. Whole world will never agree for the replacement of fiat with digital currencies completely. The major issue becomes the maintenance of the internet.

Exactly, maintaining any single currency that needs the internet to almost every kind of transaction (checking balance, sending funds) etc is a horrible idea. Even 5 minutes of disconnection can cause trouble to the market turnover.

See this recent example of Somalia,

* Somalia's Extended Internet Outage Results in Millions of Dollars of Loss per Day, Says Government.

Now imagine what can happen if we rely on the internet currencies. Thus we need fiat currencies as another option.
bitlyre

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 05:31:20 AM

in some way, yes,
you dont have to carry fiat money when you went somewhere which provide additional safety for your money since you got no worries of  being rob or losing your wallet,
Rinder

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 09:59:25 AM

I wouldn’t say better since cryptocurrencies are amazing but they have some risks associated to them. Regular currencie  are controlled and manipulated by banks and countries…and well if all peple goes into the bank and retire all their money be sure bank will bankrupt almost instant. Both are used and both has their issues, soo for me crypto and fiat are in the same patamar, being the only difference the control and decentralization between them.
flyingcat

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 10:34:21 AM

I wouldn’t say better since cryptocurrencies are amazing but they have some risks associated to them. Regular currencie  are controlled and manipulated by banks and countries…and well if all peple goes into the bank and retire all their money be sure bank will bankrupt almost instant. Both are used and both has their issues, soo for me crypto and fiat are in the same patamar, being the only difference the control and decentralization between them.
In the fact, don't have more people want saving their money in banks in today, so the situation as your said is impossible happening.
And Bitcoin like too, if Bitcoin can become to an asset like Gold or Real Estate for passive income and saving money, the price of it will stable and not have more volatility as now.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄░░░░░███████████▄▄
░▄▄██████████████▄▄███████████████▄
░▀▀██████████████▀▀░░░▀▀████████████
██▄▄▀▀██████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████
██████▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███
████████░░░░░▄▄███████▄▄░░░░░███▄▄░░▀
████████░░░███████████████░░░███████▄
░░▀▀████░░░░░▀▀███████▀▀░░░░░████████
██▄▄░░▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░████████
██████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄▀▀███
██████████▄▄░░░░▄▄██████████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄▀▀██████████████▀▀
░░▀▀████████████░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
░░░░░░▀▀████████░░░░░░░░▀▀
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██
OATH

████▀
███▀  ▀
██▀  ▀
█▀  ▀
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
█▄  ▄
██▄  ▄
███▄  ▄
████▄

▀████
▀  ▀███
▀  ▀██
▀  ▀█
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
▄  ▄█
▄  ▄██
▄  ▄███
▄████

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2017, 10:52:46 AM

Bitcoin and crypto have their strong points, but at the moment I don't think they have evolved enough to compete with FIAT. It could some time in the future, but I doubt it. Whatever happens though, it will do well.
I'm not sure if Bitcoin and fiat are really competing with each other, I mean fiat is not going to go away because of Bitcoin.
Gold for example also doesn't compete with fiat, I think Bitcoin is best compared to gold in this scenario.

Bitcoin is still mostly used as an investment, usage of Bitcoin as a currency is pretty minimal globally.

Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 01:15:19 PM

I'm not sure if Bitcoin and fiat are really competing with each other, I mean fiat is not going to go away because of Bitcoin.
Gold for example also doesn't compete with fiat, I think Bitcoin is best compared to gold in this scenario.

Bitcoin is still mostly used as an investment, usage of Bitcoin as a currency is pretty minimal globally.
If we are going to compare bitcoin and gold then we all know who is the winner for this comparison and that is bitcoin. Bitcoin is an investment tool that can give us a lot of profits and also a huge loss if we are not going to buy at a right place based on the chart. Bitcoin is also a currency while gold is only an investment so even in that comparison alone, bitcoin is like an all around too.
Bosx1ne

Activity: 540

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 01:35:35 PM

Honestly I believe bitcoin is better since one you don't use your credit card so you don't loose you needed cash but instead your cash that you could easily earn back from mining. Plus, it's open to all ages unlike credit cards.
Not really sure. I think the digital currency cannot surapps the fiat currency.

Zeke_23

Activity: 868
Merit: 333

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 01:43:13 PM

they dont compete with each other, they all have the same function such as for investment and so on. but the question is which is better? but well, we all have different point of view here but of course they are all better because it helps us a lot.

AMEPAY
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
│▌
AME TRADE HERE
▄██████▄ ▀██████▄
█████████  ▀█████
███████▀     ▀███
██████▀  ▄█▄  ▀██
██████▄  ▀█▀  ▄██
███████▄     ▄███
█████████  ▄█████
▀██████▀ ▄██████▀
AME TRADE HERE
   ▐███▄
   ████▌
▐██████████▄
████████████
 ████▌  █████
▐████  ▄████
██████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀
▐│
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Similificator

Activity: 882
Merit: 403

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 01:51:14 PM

I say we need both. Because bitcoins still cannot be transacted offline. Because we have yet to have solid bitcoins. By solid i mean something we can hold in our hands literally and can be traded with. Unless we get that, im still staying on the middle of both bitcoins and fiat. But don't get me wrong, i love bitcoins and there are so much good things about it and would take another paragraph or two just to express, but then again, we need both. That's what i think.
Kaller

Activity: 752

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 01:52:10 PM

No, cryptocurrencues are not better than regular currency.
Actually, everything has its own purpose.
I think cryptocurrencies ha e some differences than fiat that's all. Tongue
Coffee135

Activity: 392
Merit: 137

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 02:29:24 PM

No, cryptocurrencues are not better than regular currency.
Actually, everything has its own purpose.
I think cryptocurrencies ha e some differences than fiat that's all. Tongue
Bitcoin better than cash. There is not a single currency in the world that can boast of the absence of inflation. Bitcoin shows continuous deflation. Isn't that an argument in favor of crypto currency? If you are referring to the risks that Fiat is also exposed to risks.
Dhaaaw

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 05:34:24 PM

Yes they are, no matter where you are around the globe bitcoin is better than any currency available.
And no it is not used as wildly as it should be and that saddens me alot.
andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 02:43:27 AM

Cryptocurrencies is a better than Fiat (currency) . The Bitcoins and other crypto Flactuating price while currency fiat money not so if you have 1$ this is 1$ forever  and in Bitcoins and other Altscurrency can make a 1 PCs of coins into 1$ or even 1,000$ or more.  And the biggest advantage of alts vs fiats is a becoming a millionaire even the 1 PCs of Altcoins. So think what'd is better the fiat money the remains on its value forever or a altcurrency that can make a 1 PCs of coins into a thousands dollar.
You forgot one thing, a dollar is always going to be a dollar, but a dollar in 20 years is not going to be able to buy as much as a dollar today and this is because of inflation so even if the nominal value of a dollar is the same what it can buy only goes down.
entrepmind23

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 03:06:35 AM

Yes, in the sense that its value is increasing and you can store bitcoin in your wallet without needing some documents compared to banks where you need some documents to open an account. I am managing my own account and not any institution that has a higher chance of my money being stolen because of some lapses in their side and I can transfer any amount without needing the approval of anyone.

No, in the sense that I cannot use cryptocurrency when buying something in a store because they don't even know the existence of it. I still need to convert it to fiat to pay anything that I need so in this side, regular currency is better because I can buy or pay anything using it because it is one of the accepted and known mode of exchange for now.

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
thunderbitz2717

Activity: 594
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 03:10:59 AM

Cryptocurrencies was better than regular currency, but in our generation time now they are both needed for at the moment. Because, at the present time bitcoin is that powerfull compare to Dollars now. But it ca be deny that crypto really profitable than regualr currency.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 06:34:21 AM

Cryptocurrencies is a better than Fiat (currency) . The Bitcoins and other crypto Flactuating price while currency fiat money not so if you have 1$ this is 1$ forever  and in Bitcoins and other Altscurrency can make a 1 PCs of coins into 1$ or even 1,000$ or more.  And the biggest advantage of alts vs fiats is a becoming a millionaire even the 1 PCs of Altcoins. So think what'd is better the fiat money the remains on its value forever or a altcurrency that can make a 1 PCs of coins into a thousands dollar.
You forgot one thing, a dollar is always going to be a dollar, but a dollar in 20 years is not going to be able to buy as much as a dollar today and this is because of inflation so even if the nominal value of a dollar is the same what it can buy only goes down.
that's also what I'm in mate dollar will always be a dollar and the next thing to happen is the value will fall things will happen and there's no way for fiat to prevent that to happen unlike with crypto currency a lots of improvement can happen value are moving forward from the time new updates and development
has been offer.
Carlsen

Activity: 910

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 07:00:19 AM

I think we need both, the fiat and the crypto.
First of all, with what shall I pay offline when I only have crypto? Nobody in my area accepts anything else than the regular fiat.
I would die of starvation because I could not pay my food. And that would be unpleasant.
Then you have to keep in mind that fiat exists for dexcades while crypto is only active for some years. Crypto is still in experimental phase.
But of course, the crypto currencies might be the future.
It would be foolish to ignore the potential they offer. Especially when you consider the recent events of increasing prices.

It's me!!!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: