Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:47:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is on August 1, 2017?  (Read 2974 times)
DrGuns4Hands

Activity: 910
Merit: 550

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 03:17:15 PM

Just a warning - the market will move at least two weeks BEFORE the August 1st fork. The whales don't leave things to the last minute, so try to take action before they do.
i was thinking the same thing the big whales wont ever do some things that can have a bad effect on them. so in terms of getting higher on bitcoin price it could go down right ? am i thinking it right ? that the price of bitcoin depending on the market and the big whales ? i mean if they all pull out their money bitcoin price will go down but if they put more money the price of bitcoin would increase ?
lizardbtc

Activity: 448
Merit: 109

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 09:01:05 PM

I've heard that some pools are trying to activate SegWit2x 1week before UASF this might be ugly to see if people start to dump it like at the beginning of July and then miners activate it through soft fork. Nobody knows and thats why it is interesting part, however I think that holding for a long term should be okay. Lots of happening but I still think that bitcoin will come out better than before, there is just to much at stake for it to all crumble down, but it could even tomorrow it could be worthless who knows.
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 2974

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2017, 09:16:34 PM

Just a warning - the market will move at least two weeks BEFORE the August 1st fork. The whales don't leave things to the last minute, so try to take action before they do.
i was thinking the same thing the big whales wont ever do some things that can have a bad effect on them. so in terms of getting higher on bitcoin price it could go down right ? am i thinking it right ? that the price of bitcoin depending on the market and the big whales ? i mean if they all pull out their money bitcoin price will go down but if they put more money the price of bitcoin would increase ?
They can't manipulate the price this time we will see a large pump of the price this coming august since 80% of the miners are agree about segwit2x They know what will be the the result because they are the miners and there are agree between developers and miners..
Many people are afraid this coming 1st of august and i think if we seen large dump of the price its doesn't mean that those are whales and i think its a part of panic selling where people are just ready to sell once they seen a signal..

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 11:31:20 AM

I predict Wu is preparing for the final battle between the savior and black ferry, lol Bitcoin has to fork one way or ten other ways otherwise alts will replace it and every body will toss it away and never look at it. even Bitfinex now has the second Bitcoin chain tokens and you could even trade it, they must have some insider information otherwise why would people put their money on an imaginary coin right?
Whatever you do just hold on to your coins for another 2 years and never sell because after a split price will crash down, however it will take 2 years for it to recover, I bet both coins will rise above all others just don't panic.

🖤😏
PokerFace3

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 05:11:04 AM

Just so you guys know USAF is cancelled. Miners finally realised that this would be risky to let USAF happen.
This is why all major mining pool started to signalise SegWitx2 yesterday, currently, we have more than 80% hash support for this proposal.
Everything should be fine in hopefully August 1 we would have upgraded chain with SegWit running on it - and withing next 6 months hard fork 2MB will be activated.

USAE was the big counter option of the august 1 conflict, right? Is there somewhere where we can read the cancellation/cancell report/statement? This should be quite a big breakthrough then, isn't it?
USAE was the big counter option of the august 1 conflict, right ? Is there somewhere where we can read the cancellation/cancell report/statement? This should be quite a big breakthrough then, isn't it?

Yes you are absolutely right. It is released such a panic and made us do well now. I hope now everything will be fine. The USAE was a great tension for almost all the stake holders related to the Bitcoin. I hope we will see a positive impact of the segwit and the price will rise once again.
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 06:50:07 AM

Will it affect the price?

Yes without a doubt it will affect the price regardless of the outcome.
What will happen afterward is where the real question lies.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
White sugar
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 06:59:40 AM

In the end everything will get back to normal, no one is dumb enough to let Bitcoin suffer a fatal blow that would hurt them
LostWords

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 12:12:04 PM

I predict Wu is preparing for the final battle between the savior and black ferry, lol Bitcoin has to fork one way or ten other ways otherwise alts will replace it and every body will toss it away and never look at it. even Bitfinex now has the second Bitcoin chain tokens and you could even trade it, they must have some insider information otherwise why would people put their money on an imaginary coin right?
Whatever you do just hold on to your coins for another 2 years and never sell because after a split price will crash down, however it will take 2 years for it to recover, I bet both coins will rise above all others just don't panic.

While everyone is saying the split will not happen since, what, 80% has adopted or approved the new chainm you are saying it will still split and crash. And why would ou hold your coins (bitcoins) if you think it will crash and then recover? It would be best to sell before it crashes (at it's peak) and buy back when it crashes. Dont understand the logic of your advice.
arwin100

Activity: 2744
Merit: 810

Jack of all trades 💯

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2017, 12:31:28 PM

In the end everything will get back to normal, no one is dumb enough to let Bitcoin suffer a fatal blow that would hurt them

Particularly right since im sure that people who get more benifits on bitcoins will surely doesn't want that bitcoins would go down on the level that businessman would think that its not worth to stake anymore with this coin and im sure that all whales will surely do their very best to lift this up since they want to earn or gain for the uprising on it. And all of our speculation will be answer when august occur so lets wait for that moment happen to see what would be the result after that date done.

Michhotdog

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 08:54:21 PM

Particularly right since im sure that people who get more benifits on bitcoins will surely doesn't want that bitcoins would go down on the level that businessman would think that its not worth to stake anymore with this coin and im sure that all whales will surely do their very best to lift this up since they want to earn or gain for the uprising on it. And all of our speculation will be answer when august occur so lets wait for that moment happen to see what would be the result after that date done.
Clearly every person has his views on Bitcoin. 1 has not had time to buy yet and the other already wants to sell more expensive. Only the one who wants to buy, wants to buy them cheaper. So it is very difficult to reach mutually beneficial terms. The fact is that it is the market that will regulate these relations, and not the users themselves.

▛ [ CENTRA ] Multi-Blockchain Worldwide Debit Card & Insured Wallet
▞▬▬▬▞▬▬▬▞▬▬▬▞▬▬▬▞▬▬▬▞▬▬▬▚▬▬▬▚▬▬▬▚▬▬▬▚▬▬▬▚▬▬▬▚
▙     FacebookSlackTwitterGithubMediumANN Thread     ▟
Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 09:09:44 PM

I don't think some big change in the price will happen.
I hope 1st August will bring some real changes. Everyone are already aware of the 1st of August and waiting to see this changings, if we see lower fees, faster transactions, that is going to be good for everybody and bitcoin will make some progress and the price will raise even higher. But before to make conclutions we need to see how Segwit will work in the reality. That is going to be clear in a month or two after the start, but I can't call the exactly moment.
Question123

Activity: 1624
Merit: 267

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 09:13:01 PM

We dony know what will happen in august 1 if the price of bitcoin dump or pum . But I hope the price of bitcoin on that month will increase more. But dont worry if bitcoin dump on month of august 1 because segwit for sure many people buy again bitcoin because if they see bitcoin price dump they interested to buy again because they want more profit after the dumping they will recover again for sure in the next few days .
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 11:25:04 PM

And why would ou hold your coins (bitcoins) if you think it will crash and then recover? It would be best to sell before it crashes (at it's peak) and buy back when it crashes. Dont understand the logic of your advice.

If you are saying it like that, sure, it's easy to point out that it makes sense to sell high and buy back lower. However, the most important thing is that it isn't guaranteed that the price will go down. Thinking and saying it will go down is completely different from what might happen in reality. I also think the best is to keep holding, but if you just want to play the market, then it won't hurt to cash out like 10 to at most 20% in order to prepare yourself for a potential crash. Just make sure you never cash out all at once....
benedictonathan

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2017, 11:34:18 PM

Ohh i would say let the naysayers and the panickers do their selling. Too fragile when it comes to trusting the coin. Once everything went up, it is too late for them to get back to the game.

e GOLD
..M   I   N   I   N   G
                                     ██
                                  o█████
                                ,████P███
                               d████'  Y█
                              d████'    ██
                            ,████PLd█.  ███
                           d█████████'   Y██b████
                      _  ,██████████[     '█████████
                   _o███b███████████     ,d███████P██
                  o████████PO████████   ,██████████`"███
                d████████P',███████P   d███████████    YYbo█████
             ,o███████P"' d███████P  ,█████P `Y███       `███PY███
         ,██████████'    `Y███P''   d█PP`'     `"'         Y██L `Y██
        o██"""'██P'      d██P'     `P'                     `████L Y███
      ,██P    o█'       o█P                                  `Y██L Y███
     d██P               `                                      Y██   Y███
   ,████' ,p                                                    `'     `Y██
  o███P                                                                  `███
,████P                                                                     `Y███

Passive Income For eGM Token Holders
Through Cryptocurrency Mining Profits

Mining. Hosting. Cloud Mining.

WHITEPAPER

How it Works
███

███
███████████████████████████████████

INVEST NOW

███████████████████████████████████
███
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
███

We plan to be the first USA
cryptosecurity that pays investors
a share of net profits every month
regardless of the state of the market.
Skarner21

Activity: 700

Massive price drop coming...

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2017, 11:40:29 PM

We dony know what will happen in august 1 if the price of bitcoin dump or pum . But I hope the price of bitcoin on that month will increase more. But dont worry if bitcoin dump on month of august 1 because segwit for sure many people buy again bitcoin because if they see bitcoin price dump they interested to buy again because they want more profit after the dumping they will recover again for sure in the next few days .
The fact we do not know what will be happen after that even and if we seen a large dump of the price it is a beginning of lose of bitcoin or bitcoin will be die soon.. but according to other miners 80% are agree it means segwit can give us a good result that can all people getting benefits..
So for now better to wait for the result..

Make crypto as your bank.
MoreBloodWine
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 04:54:54 AM

We will see panic selling before August. That's why traders are looking for cheaper price for better liquidity.As investor i hold my bitcoins no matter what happens.  Everything will be ok at the end Wink

To be decided...
HasHe

Activity: 952

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 08:18:54 AM

It has been said that Segwit 2x would be activated on August 1st and transaction fee would become lower after that.If it happens,then it would definitely promote more bitcoin transactions and people would use bitcoins more which would create a positive effect on bitcoin price.It would help for bitcoin progress.
SimmonenY

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 09:00:22 AM

Even if the initial reaction will be the decrease of the price, it won't be for long because people will start to buy (partially because of the low price right after the SegWit and low fees) and then because of this rush bitcoin will go high.
logicgate

Activity: 994
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 09:52:20 AM

We will see panic selling before August. That's why traders are looking for cheaper price for better liquidity.As investor i hold my bitcoins no matter what happens.  Everything will be ok at the end Wink
Yes right nowadays bitcoin price is low and many people panic to see its price and sell their bitcoin but that is not a good way to sell bitcoin because its price will be start to going increasing after a week or a month and that time you need to hold bitcoin for future . And you take best decision that hold your bitcoin and wait for the high price of bitcoin .
kevinn669

Activity: 241
Merit: 250

Tokens That Store Virtual Energy

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 10:27:03 AM

It seems to me already that all this excitement around August 1 is another fiction. As soon as the price of bitcoin reaches 3000 dollars, discussions begin immediately about the split. I am sure that after August 1, nothing bad will happen. And before August 1, panic sales will begin

████████████                                                     
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ███          ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       
 ██▀▀▀▀██▄  ███         ██▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀ ▐███▌   ██▀▀▀▀██▄▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀       
 ██     ██  ███   ▄▄    ██▄    ▀    ██     ██ ██   ██     ██    ██           
 ██ ▄▄▄██▀  ███  ████   ▀██████▄    ██    ▐█▌ ▐█▌  ██ ▄▄▄██▀    ██           
 ██  ▀██▄   ███   ▀▀    ▄    ▀██    ██    ███████  ██  ▀██▄     ██           
 ██    ▀██▄ ███         ██▄▄▄▄██    ██   ▐█▌   ▐█▌ ██    ▀██▄   ██           
 ▀▀      ▀▀ ███          ▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀   ▀▀     ▀▀ ▀▀      ▀▀   ▀▀           
            ████████████     █████████████                                   
                                       ███                                   
         ████████ ██▄      ██          ███  ████████▄   ▄▄█████▄▄  ██▄     ▄██
         ██       ████▄    ██     ▄▄   ███  ██    ▀██ ▐██▀     ▀██  ▀██▄ ▄██▀