Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:43:58 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL 6 May 2013 ASIC Update  (Read 23287 times)
YipYip

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 11:23:42 PM

This will be mass produced (if it works) and replicated locally across the world... BFL will not get a second run at this. It could be game over for them and given their delivery delays I can't see anyone going with them ever again when these cheaper and better built alternatives come out in a few months.

I am waiting on my 540 chips... and my plan when they are up and mining is to reproduce the boards locally here in Indonesia for the Indonesian market only. I won't be the only person doing this trust me things have changed and BFL will have to either change or face the fact they will be pushed completely out of the market and given the way they do business it might be the best thing for miners and the cryptocoin community generally.

YAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was a crime on so many levels..... of how the world works and business practices in general that these guys where still operating

It is time for these fraudsters/conmen to disappear from the crypto community

The clock has started countdown 90 days to the death to BFL !!!

OBJECT NOT FOUND
KS

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 11:41:35 PM

Avalon was expecting to make a profit when they planned to sell round 2 for $1500.

They were expecting competition at that point. When the competition failed to materialize, they jacked the price up as high as they believed they could get people to swallow. Everything above $1500 is monopoly rent for Avalon.

I thought 2000 USD. Anyway, they might be planning for a real ramp up, exit garage sales and get into "real" factory mode. They surely impose a monopoly rent as you point out, but I'd rather they stay healthy and deliver their ASICs than not. My capitalist view (as a business, I want support after the sale too...)

BKK's price comes close to Avalon's because the majority of their cost is Avalon's chips,

For a minute I read "BFL's" instead of "BKK's".  pfiuuuu Smiley
buddrulez

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 12:01:42 AM

BFL

Big

Fucking

Lies

/Thread!
Frizz23

Activity: 1162

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 12:09:18 AM

BFL

Big

Fucking

Lies

/Thread!

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
buddrulez

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 12:15:14 AM

LOL! Great work there!
ecliptic

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 12:53:14 AM

No more vapourware to those on the back end of the BFL order train right? Especially given what we are seeing from the open source designers. There is more than just an idea here it is moving forward and this will happen. And to be brutally honest who you would put more faith in at this point? Avalon releasing the specs and DIY'ers making these boards work or BFL?

You are trying to deflect what was a pretty straightforward question. As far as I am concerned the Avalon chip DIY based project are not  an option until the designs and chips are shipping from Avalon, and then starts the actual building of products like the Klondike and assessment of market penetration. At that point you can start making claims as to BFL's relative success in the marketplace, before that it's wild speculation.

I don't think you know what 'vaporware' means.
ecliptic

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 12:55:38 AM

ASIC NRE is very expensive, and the entire undertaking is very risky.  Lots of sunk cost and assumed risk worth repaying.  

10$ for a custom made IC for SHA256 is not bad at all - You can pay hundreds for mass produced commercial ICs.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 01:09:06 AM

"HEADQUARTER"    Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

||bit

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 01:36:18 AM

Right on! Only one or two more weeks then!   Cheesy

lol
kidbitter

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 12:36:19 PM

If you bought GPUs a year ago instead of this scam stuff, and mined BTC, LTC and all the other alt coins out there you probably would have made more than a frikkin Miningrig will get you from when it is delivered until the end of time.
Bigrah

Activity: 32

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 12:56:33 PM

If you bought GPUs a year ago instead of this scam stuff, and mined BTC, LTC and all the other alt coins out there you probably would have made more than a frikkin Miningrig will get you from when it is delivered until the end of time.

If you bought the right Lottery ticket last week you dont have to care about BTC any more... 
KS

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 01:12:55 PM

If you bought the right Lottery ticket last week you dont have to care about BTC any more... 

Dude, you should have played the Google Lottery!
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 03:20:57 PM

No more vapourware to those on the back end of the BFL order train right? Especially given what we are seeing from the open source designers. There is more than just an idea here it is moving forward and this will happen. And to be brutally honest who you would put more faith in at this point? Avalon releasing the specs and DIY'ers making these boards work or BFL?

You are trying to deflect what was a pretty straightforward question. As far as I am concerned the Avalon chip DIY based project are not  an option until the designs and chips are shipping from Avalon, and then starts the actual building of products like the Klondike and assessment of market penetration. At that point you can start making claims as to BFL's relative success in the marketplace, before that it's wild speculation.

If you never receive a product that was promised... I get to change the definition.

If I am hoping that someone will produce a DIY board as promised and hasn't asked for a DIME... I get to change the definition.

What is "VAPOURWARE" to me? It is something promised that isn't delivered but has been paid for.

I have not BOUGHT a product. I bought chips. They who have a PRE ORDER with BFL and no shipping date... what is vapourware to you?

The real test will be who actually gets something working first. If those who bought chips don't get boards it isn't vapourware it is a chip buy. If you don't your BFL before I get my boards and chips married and hashing I will be back here to post just that.

That is difference in my mind. I haven't LOST anything by buying chips unlike putting down money for something that is still a prototype 10+ months after it was ordered?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
tigerfree
Legendary

Activity: 1015

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 03:23:33 PM

Tongue

opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2013, 05:33:25 PM

I think this Project is and was for BFL too much ...

Orderded tons of "minirigs" boxes without any protoyp
ordered much boards without Chips ...
ordered Chips without knowing how it works and lost 5000 Chips ( 5 Wafer )

and now they get results to hot ... = new boards ... = new Boxes ... = new Design ... = new Price ...= New Boxes again .... =

This is indeed the very scary part for all of us preorder customers. With ASIC Miner starting to ship consumer units, and Avalon firing up the next batch, BFL needs to get their shit in order very soon, or they risk collapse from bad PR and complete loss of faith and confidence.

We're facing the possible reality that all our money will be lost not because BFL was a ponzi scheme, but because they were just that incompetent at pulling this ASIC project off, and ran out of money before they were able to resolve their problems and regain confidence from the community.

The people that lose their money if that happens is their own fault. I've said it myself over a dozen times to get refunds from BFL months and months ago. If the pre-order customer didn't request it and they lost their money they were so warned.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
minternj

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 07:04:34 PM

If you never receive a product that was promised... I get to change the definition.

If I am hoping that someone will produce a DIY board as promised and hasn't asked for a DIME... I get to change the definition.

What is "VAPOURWARE" to me? It is something promised that isn't delivered but has been paid for.

I have not BOUGHT a product. I bought chips. They who have a PRE ORDER with BFL and no shipping date... what is vapourware to you?

The real test will be who actually gets something working first. If those who bought chips don't get boards it isn't vapourware it is a chip buy. If you don't your BFL before I get my boards and chips married and hashing I will be back here to post just that.

That is difference in my mind. I haven't LOST anything by buying chips unlike putting down money for something that is still a prototype 10+ months after it was ordered?

I got avalon chips too but its a little too early to be gloating about it. Lot of things can happen before they ship.

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
Red_Evil

Activity: 1484

Across The Universe

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 07:31:35 PM

and ?

Today comes any Chip`s ? IF the answer yes how many ...
But i think no more than 5000 / 16 = amount of Singels ...

Any news about it ?
hexed

Activity: 44

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 10:24:57 PM

and now they get results to hot ... = new boards ... = new Boxes ... = new Design ... = new Price ...= New Boxes again .... =

This is indeed the very scary part for all of us preorder customers. With ASIC Miner starting to ship consumer units, and Avalon firing up the next batch, BFL needs to get their shit in order very soon, or they risk collapse from bad PR and complete loss of faith and confidence.

We're facing the possible reality that all our money will be lost not because BFL was a ponzi scheme, but because they were just that incompetent at pulling this ASIC project off, and ran out of money before they were able to resolve their problems and regain confidence from the community.

The people that lose their money if that happens is their own fault. I've said it myself over a dozen times to get refunds from BFL months and months ago. If the pre-order customer didn't request it and they lost their money they were so warned.

Oh man... you are such a WIZARD and obviously WAY smarter than about 99% of the people... IN THE WORLD. 

now that I am done with the sarcasm, I'd say "No shit Sherlock".  I am someone with a Sept 1st order.. and I'll still be keeping my order.  Anyone who ordered that early took a gamble.  If people are so stupid that they need someone like YOU to tell them that then this community is full of idiots.  Unless a company has stock in hand, and is known to be shipping the product with no issues, and you ORDER from said company, you are taking a gamble.  People who ordered batch 1 of Avalon, were taking just as big of a gamble.  You choose your horse, then you ride it out.  Avalon won.. and those people picked the right horse, but people shouldn't be such pompous jerks to say "BFL is a scam.. get a refund!".  You don't have to say anything a DOZEN times.. that's 11 too many.  Just say what you want once, then let it play out.  The second that BFL's shops close down, don't return money, and all the people responsible move to South America... you can say "I told you so."  You have to be a supertroll to say "I told you so" to something that hasn't happened yet.

What happens if BFL ships (In greater quantity) and people receive their devices and gain any kind of profit?  I assume people like you will just create some other reason why they were still right... right?  If we are taking bets on the future, I'd bet you won't say a word about being wrong if it ends up that BFL actually becomes some sort of success. 

..but then again.. keep talking people out of their preorders.  Hopefully that means I'll skip ahead of line by a little bit.  If they don't ship.. oh well.  It would suck, but people shouldn't be gambling with money they can't afford to lose.

Xian01 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 10:32:45 PM

I am someone with a Sept 1st order.. and I'll still be keeping my order.  Anyone who ordered that early took a gamble.  If people are so stupid that they need someone like YOU to tell them that then this community is full of idiots.

Easy there Mister Twelve-Posts Newbie... I guess that makes me the biggest idiot in this thread for having two June 25th 2012 pre-orders for Single SC 60 GHs units and still having hope that I'll eventually see something arrive on my door-step.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 10:39:09 PM

Oh man... you are such a WIZARD and obviously WAY smarter than about 99% of the people... IN THE WORLD.  

now that I am done with the sarcasm, I'd say "No shit Sherlock".  I am someone with a Sept 1st order.. and I'll still be keeping my order.  Anyone who ordered that early took a gamble.  If people are so stupid that they need someone like YOU to tell them that then this community is full of idiots.  Unless a company has stock in hand, and is known to be shipping the product with no issues, and you ORDER from said company, you are taking a gamble.  People who ordered batch 1 of Avalon, were taking just as big of a gamble.  You choose your horse, then you ride it out.  Avalon won.. and those people picked the right horse, but people shouldn't be such pompous jerks to say "BFL is a scam.. get a refund!".  You don't have to say anything a DOZEN times.. that's 11 too many.  Just say what you want once, then let it play out.  The second that BFL's shops close down, don't return money, and all the people responsible move to South America... you can say "I told you so."  You have to be a supertroll to say "I told you so" to something that hasn't happened yet.

What happens if BFL ships (In greater quantity) and people receive their devices and gain any kind of profit?  I assume people like you will just create some other reason why they were still right... right?  If we are taking bets on the future, I'd bet you won't say a word about being wrong if it ends up that BFL actually becomes some sort of success.  

..but then again.. keep talking people out of their preorders.  Hopefully that means I'll skip ahead of line by a little bit.  If they don't ship.. oh well.  It would suck, but people shouldn't be gambling with money they can't afford to lose.

Sir, a supertroll would not say what you imagine...

A SUPER Troll would say, invest MOar and Deeper into BFL. Sell yours kids stuff, their college funds, your own college tuition, your dogs vet money, your mortgage payment (hell, take out a second mortgage!), etc....then stuff it into BFL.

A SUPER Troll knows/thinks that BFL will fail to ship and will take all their customers with them. Thereby knocking them right out of the market and trapping them (the customer) in a financial limbo.

That is what a true super troll would do and say. Good thing no one here is a SUPER Troll. Please invest wisely and very carefully. Wait for news on their new packaged chips due to arrive today. *Jinx*
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: