Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:56:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL 6 May 2013 ASIC Update  (Read 23286 times)
mobodick

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 02:29:04 PM

I have an early July order with BFL, and look in to see if there is any new news here, and by and large I have to wade through pages and pages of utter nonsense to find 1 or 2 meaningful messages. It is ridiculous.

Why do you look here for news rather than on BFL's forums or the BFL twitter?  Any news is posted there first.

Because with BFL you never know where the news will be.
It may be in the 'BFL ASIC Status' thread, but it may equally well be in some new blog or just in a random old or new thread.

Despite the noise it's still far easier and more convenient to get the info from bitcointalk than to navigate the BFL labyrinth in search of information.

"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2013, 02:42:21 PM

I have an early July order with BFL, and look in to see if there is any new news here, and by and large I have to wade through pages and pages of utter nonsense to find 1 or 2 meaningful messages. It is ridiculous.

Why do you look here for news rather than on BFL's forums or the BFL twitter?  Any news is posted there first.

It may be in the 'BFL ASIC Status' thread, but it may equally well be in some new blog or just in a random old or new thread.

Despite the noise it's still far easier and more convenient to get the info from bitcointalk than to navigate the BFL labyrinth in search of information.

Or on the shoutbox. Or on Twitter. Or tied to a drunk pigeons foot written in code.

Riddle:

Why did Sonny fire Josh?
Because he told the truth--ONCE!
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 02:42:59 PM

You can always count on their forum sticky posts for the latest up-to-date info:

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/pre-sales-questions/1084-if-i-order-now-when-will-i-get-my-order.html
The currently estimated shipping time frame if you were to order today is the end of April or Beginning of May.

Buy & Hold
thehairymob

Activity: 152
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2013, 03:54:21 PM

You can always count on their forum sticky posts for the latest up-to-date info:

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/pre-sales-questions/1084-if-i-order-now-when-will-i-get-my-order.html
The currently estimated shipping time frame if you were to order today is the end of April or Beginning of May.

Why quote what was posted in February by Josh and then try to pass it off as more recent?  Huh
mobodick

Activity: 840

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 04:03:37 PM

Why quote what was posted in February by Josh and then try to pass it off as more recent?  Huh

Because sarcasm is difficult to understand on the internet.
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 05:36:15 PM

If you can find more recent sticky posts that contain news, please post them.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 09:04:44 PM

What do you mean it's not recent? Why is it on their official forums, and it is a stickied post so that it shows up at the top of the page? Is BFL so overworked that they cannot keep their own stickied posts current? Oh, wait, Josh has plenty of time to troll dozens of threads every day on bitcointalk.org, so clearly not having time isn't an issue. It can only mean that they intent deceive as many people as possible to think that is accurate.

Buy & Hold
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 10:04:00 PM

BFL needed 3 things to develop ASICs:

1. Time

2. Money

3. Skills

Money can buy 1 and 3 but only to a certain extent.

BFL is running out of time.

BFL is running out of money.

BFL never had any skills but suckering people to buy into their bullshit.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 10:30:49 PM

Here is a quote from Jan 14, 2013 and what I had to say about BFL then:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=139375.msg1453616#msg1453616

For a product that has been in the "Final Development Stage" for 3, now 4 months...they sure can't be any more specific than updating everyone saying "nothing is really nailed down and we don't have any proof of a prototype because if we did we would have brought it to CES."

BFL is full of shit.

Why not announce the timeline of delays by the very excuse themselves? Oh wait maybe that would give too much information about the fact that they were lying for months on end about where they actually were in the development process......."Final Development Stage". Looks like they are relying on someone else's word on the timelines and not on anything they actually know.

Without a prototype what the hell do they expect to accomplish by mass producing chips that could be flawed all while giving an unrealistic timeline of shipping preorders?

LOL just LAWL!

And I was right, no prototype = no testing = no realistic ability to ship in their estimated time frame. lol

Bitcoin price at that time was ~$15 now currently at ~$115.

$100 increase per coin.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2013, 10:51:08 PM

I know it's been awhile since the last update, but all that's going to change unless I'm overruled. From here on out, once a week I will announce the reason (hopefully not plural) why we are delaying.

Given that we've use up most of the good reasons, we ask of our investors to submit to our EP (excuse department) viable reason we could use. Those offering up suggestions we use will receive a 10% voucher, good towards all Pinocchio Boxes.

One voucher per person, applied to only units recently increased in price.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 01:21:57 PM

More bad news with every update... oh o.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Red_Evil

Activity: 1484
Merit: 500

Across The Universe

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 02:21:28 PM

I know it's been awhile since the last update, but all that's going to change unless I'm overruled. From here on out, once a week I will announce the reason (hopefully not plural) why we are delaying.

Given that we've use up most of the good reasons, we ask of our investors to submit to our EP (excuse department) viable reason we could use. Those offering up suggestions we use will receive a 10% voucher, good towards all Pinocchio Boxes.

One voucher per person, applied to only units recently increased in price.

seems legit haha
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2013, 05:10:08 AM

I think this Project is and was for BFL too much ...

Orderded tons of "minirigs" boxes without any protoyp
ordered much boards without Chips ...
ordered Chips without knowing how it works and lost 5000 Chips ( 5 Wafer )

and now they get results to hot ... = new boards ... = new Boxes ... = new Design ... = new Price ...= New Boxes again .... =

This is indeed the very scary part for all of us preorder customers. With ASIC Miner starting to ship consumer units, and Avalon firing up the next batch, BFL needs to get their shit in order very soon, or they risk collapse from bad PR and complete loss of faith and confidence.

We're facing the possible reality that all our money will be lost not because BFL was a ponzi scheme, but because they were just that incompetent at pulling this ASIC project off, and ran out of money before they were able to resolve their problems and regain confidence from the community.

The people that lose their money if that happens is their own fault. I've said it myself over a dozen times to get refunds from BFL months and months ago. If the pre-order customer didn't request it and they lost their money they were so warned.

Oh man... you are such a WIZARD and obviously WAY smarter than about 99% of the people... IN THE WORLD. 

now that I am done with the sarcasm, I'd say "No shit Sherlock".  I am someone with a Sept 1st order.. and I'll still be keeping my order.  Anyone who ordered that early took a gamble.  If people are so stupid that they need someone like YOU to tell them that then this community is full of idiots.  Unless a company has stock in hand, and is known to be shipping the product with no issues, and you ORDER from said company, you are taking a gamble.  People who ordered batch 1 of Avalon, were taking just as big of a gamble.  You choose your horse, then you ride it out.  Avalon won.. and those people picked the right horse, but people shouldn't be such pompous jerks to say "BFL is a scam.. get a refund!".  You don't have to say anything a DOZEN times.. that's 11 too many.  Just say what you want once, then let it play out.  The second that BFL's shops close down, don't return money, and all the people responsible move to South America... you can say "I told you so."  You have to be a supertroll to say "I told you so" to something that hasn't happened yet.

What happens if BFL ships (In greater quantity) and people receive their devices and gain any kind of profit?  I assume people like you will just create some other reason why they were still right... right?  If we are taking bets on the future, I'd bet you won't say a word about being wrong if it ends up that BFL actually becomes some sort of success. 

..but then again.. keep talking people out of their preorders.  Hopefully that means I'll skip ahead of line by a little bit.  If they don't ship.. oh well.  It would suck, but people shouldn't be gambling with money they can't afford to lose.

Did you get beat up a lot when you were young or something? You gotta relax dude. Loosen the tie, unbuckle the belt, have a drink. Its frigid around here.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2013, 05:25:10 AM

That youtube video, the fake one that I thought was real when I first started to watch it, what was that guy really doing? Was just just burning a chip with a heat lamp? That of course was just an IC chip or something I think already soldered on the board. Was he just burning it to make a video for people to believe?

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
tom_o

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 06:40:54 AM

That youtube video, the fake one that I thought was real when I first started to watch it, what was that guy really doing? Was just just burning a chip with a heat lamp? That of course was just an IC chip or something I think already soldered on the board. Was he just burning it to make a video for people to believe?

I'm pretty sure its a pisstake and nothing to do with BFL. Either that or josh is a master troll.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 06:41:21 AM

Probably one of the funniest BFL troll videos ever.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to: