Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:48:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CureCoin to be released soon.  (Read 36600 times)
dudeami

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 02:20:08 AM

So, does all the protein folding I've already done count :p (I assume not haha)

Edit: Opps, kakao doesnt have me anymore (have not folded for a while!)

http://fah-web2.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&username=DudeAmI

Put your heart on the line, it determines your fate.
BTC: 1DUDEAMiV54PFJFSe5fen3wr1e71unkaGj
techbytes
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 02:42:00 AM

Hi cygnusxi,

Do you have any updates about the coin? I still follow it because i like the idea behind it.

Alwin

You might want to check over at http://foldingforum.org/.  Don't think he is coming back here as a couple of trolls got under his skin.  I was all giddyup on this project until his last post.  Moving on...

-tb-

mnyonpa

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 11:33:10 AM

Protein folding will not effect the blockchain. hashers will secure the blockchain (confirm in previous post). Hashers will be sharing a portion measured by bench marking hardware of similar value.

If folding is separate from mining, it means that half of the network will effectively run the Folding@home client while the other half will waste their GPU power mining the coin. What the point of the coin, then? Wouldn’t it be better just to assign some reward in established cryptocurrency like Bitcoin, mine it and then give rewards to those who contribute to Folding@home? Or at list make your coin merged minable with Bitcoin, like Devcoin and Namecoin had done. Or with LTC if you want scrypt.

In order to make a coin that will do something useful, the useful algorithm should at the same time ensure the security of the blockchain. So far, this was only done as a proof of concept by Primecoin, because finding prime chains is doubtfully useful. Only this way the hashing power is not a simple waste of energy.

What you so far propose is to waste energy in order to create some doubtful (because the coin will not magically gain value) economic incentive for participating in Folding@home. Does not sound very convincing.

BTC address for donations: 1EEjkAqLXTxscD24D1S6aXWtxPUWxSkHcd
fran2k

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2013, 05:54:11 AM

Why not just make an energy efficient coin why a Proof of Stake like PPCoin and then add a variable to the CoinAge parameter (which defines your profitability) related to the processing power you gave to some research process?

We should define a standard to benchmark your hashpower which the servers of Folding, Seti and others should implemented.
bitsalame
Donator

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

Preaching the gospel of Satoshi

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 01:58:17 AM

Protein folding will not effect the blockchain. hashers will secure the blockchain (confirm in previous post). Hashers will be sharing a portion measured by bench marking hardware of similar value.

If folding is separate from mining, it means that half of the network will effectively run the Folding@home client while the other half will waste their GPU power mining the coin. What the point of the coin, then? Wouldn’t it be better just to assign some reward in established cryptocurrency like Bitcoin, mine it and then give rewards to those who contribute to Folding@home? Or at list make your coin merged minable with Bitcoin, like Devcoin and Namecoin had done. Or with LTC if you want scrypt.

In order to make a coin that will do something useful, the useful algorithm should at the same time ensure the security of the blockchain. So far, this was only done as a proof of concept by Primecoin, because finding prime chains is doubtfully useful. Only this way the hashing power is not a simple waste of energy.

What you so far propose is to waste energy in order to create some doubtful (because the coin will not magically gain value) economic incentive for participating in Folding@home. Does not sound very convincing.

These systems distributed projects already work by rewarding users with "credits" (useless, it is more like scores) for contributing the network.
Of course it is a nice thought to think that it would be neat if these "credits" actually had a monetary value.
But maybe, NOT having a monetary value is more effective in these altruistic projects (as I explained before in page 5).

Now, in a similar light we have a analogue case of monetarily incentivized coinchat.org vs. normal non-incentivized IRC chatrooms.
It will be interesting to see if coinchat actually flourishes or crashes and burns. Something that boosts the extrinsic motivator in coinchat.org is the randomness of the incentives which may cause "addiction" to its users, so it is an interesting live social experiment.
ahmed_bodi

Activity: 518

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 11:02:47 PM

wonder if theres any progress on this?

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.
buzybit

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 06:14:54 AM

any progress yet??
Vorksholk
Legendary

Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 06:35:41 AM

any progress yet??

Yup, we are releasing soon! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=330685.0 Smiley

VeriBlock: Securing The World's Blockchains Using Bitcoin
https://veriblock.org
hamiltino

Activity: 644

P2P The Planet!

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 03:46:45 PM

But... without a premine scandal it will fade away in oblivion, jk finally something worthwhile.

This is worse than most premines, the devs keep 10% of all coins.

stacking coin
FifthGhostbuster

Activity: 153

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 12:59:27 AM

Whats the diff from pre minning 10% of all coins before or gathering them slowly lol.
You also have to take into account one of the most advanced health and cancer research doctor is going to be taking all the dev. fund and distributing it accordingly. Which greater growth for the coin. Just a question do you happen to know how much it cost to run a server for the back end of Fah or the back end of how the transactions occur? Well it is not cheap. So I am completely fine with doctor Pande distributing accordingly with 100% trust. All being said CureCoin is still the best coin ever thought of and actually made.

Go CureCoin!
Cryptocoinrank.com

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2014, 09:23:44 PM

█ ★Curecoin (CURE) → Now Live on: http://www.cryptocoinrank.com/Curecoin

Hope you and the community like it. For a brief description about www.cryptocoinrank.com see: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=579901.0

Enjoy  Smiley

QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 08:18:15 PM

But... without a premine scandal it will fade away in oblivion, jk finally something worthwhile.

This is worse than most premines, the devs keep 10% of all coins.

It looks like it might be much worse than that.

Where is Developer Vorshalk getting the money to deploy his GIGANTIC FARM THAT IS KILLING PROFITABILITY OF CURECOIN (AND FOLDINGCOIN) FOR EVERYONE ELSE?

His actions reguarding this are an INSULT to everyone else that participates in both CureCoin and in FoldingCoin, and has actively ticked folders off to the point that people refuse to participate in Folding@Home any more (and I'm in process of turning into ONE of those, I'm TIRED of this shit and TRYING to compete with a DEVELOPER WITH ENDLESS MONEY).

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
zekk

Activity: 68
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 31, 2019, 01:37:40 AM

Did this project die? And if so, are there any related project out there?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to: