Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:35:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: DGB Digibyte DigibyteMarket.com DigibyteGaming.com fly-by-night operations  (Read 1360 times)
iCEBREAKER (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2017, 06:13:11 AM
Last edit: June 29, 2017, 06:44:26 AM by iCEBREAKER

EDIT: Problem resolved.  Smiley

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2017, 06:26:49 AM

scam? ...

hmmm ...

im guessing that word is being used to much in the wrong context ... BUT - if these are facts - and as such factually speaking - then a few of these points raised need to be responded to in a more civil manner ...

so jared just deleted the posts? ... without warning and response? ...

not a good way to market a product at all i guess ...

a civil valid response would have been a much more functional way of either rebuking - or agreeing and rectifying the points made ...

ill watch the outcome of this ...

#crysx

iCEBREAKER (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2017, 06:35:18 AM

scam? ...

hmmm ...

im guessing that word is being used to much in the wrong context ... BUT - if these are facts - and as such factually speaking - then a few of these points raised need to be responded to in a more civil manner ...

a civil valid response would have been a much more functional way of either rebuking - or agreeing and rectifying the points made ...

#crysx

If you are willing to waste $10 worth of DGB, you may personally verify that DigibyteGaming.com takes coins but doesn't fulfill customers' orders.

When advised of this fact, Jared waved his hands around and said some meaningless crap about how the site isn't "really abandoned" (whatever the fuck that means).

Because Jared knows digibytemarket.com is scamming yet he leaves it up to keep scamming rather than take it down, he is a scammer.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
benjamoyne

Activity: 274
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 06:37:52 AM

scam? ...

hmmm ...

#crysx

Given his language he was automatically considered a troll.

Jared cannot delete posts, only the moderators can as the thread IS NOT SELF MODERATED.

Also, did you ever post up the transaction???
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2017, 06:42:09 AM

scam? ...

hmmm ...

#crysx

If you are willing to waste $10 worth of DGB, you may personally verify that DigibyteGaming.com takes coins but doesn't fulfill customers' orders.

When advised of this fact, Jared waved his hands around and said some meaningless crap about how the site isn't "really abandoned" (whatever the fuck that means).

Because Jared knows digibytemarket.com is scamming yet he leaves it up to keep scamming rather than take it down, he is a scammer.

so jared IS the owner of the domain and site? ...

if so - this is VERY bad business ...

again though - there has to be some explanation as to the 'why when where and how' of the site and its business ...

this is actually quite sad IF this is all true ... i wont waste time and money on it - there are much better things to do than worry about a site that seems to be doing nothing for its customers ... this is ONE of the reasons why we have been building our systems and backend - as well as the stats and shop based on granite ( grn ) ( and eventually the other coins we have now ) - for a while now ... many many months in fact ... so we DONT get a situation like this ...

i hope this gets resolved ...

#crysx

HR
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 07:31:02 AM

I wouldn't exactly call it a scam, at least not intentional, although for all intents and purposes, that's what it ends up being.

I would call it manifest incompetence.

That's what leads to a DiguSign product that wasn't able to locate the document you signed in the blockchaing after you signed it (last year's "model") that took a full 6 months to get depreciated.

That's what also leads to gaming wallets and Chrome extensions that don't work, and a halfbaked Android wallet that is constantly causing issues by locking up funds, that have been "priorities" the "team" has been working to "solve" for over a year now, and that haven't been.

That's what leads to "official" mining pools with continual payout issues such that users in the official ANN are constantly accusing Digibyte of "stealing".

That's what leads to DigibyteMarket issues that are not exactly (IMHO) stealing funds, but that simply don't work and that the "devs" are not capable of addressing since they don't know what's causing what or even how to track what's been misdirected.

In my opinion it's manifest incompetence that actually turns into an unwitting scam as every attempt is made to "cover up" all the issues and hide their incompetence. It worked for a while, but as Abraham Lincon once said: "You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time."

And, frankly, I'm not sure which is worse, intentional scamming or manifest incompetence.  Huh

cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2017, 08:05:02 AM

Wait....does this mean it's not a good idea to invest in DGB at this time?  Is it incompetence, thievery, or laziness?  I guess what I'm asking is, does anybody believe there was "malice aforethought?"  DGB is still good, right?  Is it just some of the DGB market adopters that went rogue....or is the whole dang network shot?
hallo_frosch

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 09:31:02 AM

The FUD war is rising.

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2017, 09:47:12 AM

A shitcoin isn't delivering what the shitcoin team promised? How surprising! Roll Eyes

In case that the accusation is valid/adequate, who would need to be tagged? DigiByte, anyone else?

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
iikun
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 03:51:56 PM

Please explain what the "damage" is from DigiByte Gaming being disabled. Is your issue that you no longer get DigiBytes for free?
By the way, it was announced that it was disabled a loooong time ago. It only seems to have become an "issue" once people realized that DGB was suddenly worth a lot more. Human nature I suppose.

I think one interesting issue here is your timing. DigiByte Gaming has been disabled (I believe) for months. Did it suddenly became an issue for you after you...
dumped 3/4 of my stash into the spike and locked in a very nice 100% profit.
...and wanted to be able to buy in again at a lower price? I notice that you didn't post anything negative during the ride to the ATH, even though DigiByte gaming was disabled long before that.

Also, although I agree that the marketplace should have been temporarily closed/fixed sooner, I suspect you never saw this post?

First off, thank you to all the long term DigiByte supporters and a very warm welcome to all the new DigiByte community members here!  Things have been very hectic the past few weeks.  

This sudden rise caught all of us by surprise as much as it did some of you.  If you look at the history of other major crypto markets as well as the history of DigiByte you can quickly tell things can get volatile very quickly. So please make sure to take the time to fully educate yourself on cryptocurrency trading and blockchain technology in general. And please note we do not answer speculation questions or make forecasts or predictions. We are here to focus on the core technology and the true innovations and applications that blockchain technology allows us to build.

We are actively working to expand the team and get better organized. The recent Citi Tech 4 Integrity Challenge was a great event for DigiByte! We were told that we were one of the finalists in the competition and it was a tough decision for the judges that day.  However, the competition is not over yet.  The main awards will be concluded in July where over 60 awards from several of the main partners will be awarded.

We made several great connections with some very large companies. However, please understand it takes time for things to move forward with such large organizations. Please do not expect anything to happen overnight.

Most blockchain businesses are flooded at the moment with a backlog of news users and messages. So please understand we are working to get through the 1000's of messages we get each day across all our social media including Twitter, Telegram, Reddit, Email and here and more. It is a very exciting time but there will be growing pains!  

Finally, a few housekeeping notes. All recent orders on DigiByte Market will be refunded due to the recent price fluctuations. We also want to point out the dev team is not the organizer of the meme contest or the developers of the Minecraft server. So please direct your questions toward the appropriate organizers of those projects. Thank you all again for your continued support.  As stated, many, many times over the past 4 years. We are here for the long haul!

Cheers,

Jared
Telenong

Activity: 469
Merit: 260

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 03:59:42 PM

DigibyteMarket.com and DigibyteGaming.com have failed to provide what they promised, IE game credits and DGB for playing games.

When these facts were made clear in the DGB thread, the dishonest self-serving response from Jared was that DGB Market/Gaming are not "really" abandoned.

When I responded to the cuck white knighting for Jared, my response was delete but the original cuckpost was untouched.

So here are the relevant posts demonstrating that DGB's Market and Gaming operations are scams.

Your status is legend but you dont understand who has the authority to delete posts on the tread, are you really stupid?

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by a Bitcoin Forum moderator. Posts are most frequently deleted because they are off-topic, though they can also be deleted for other reasons. In the future, please avoid posting things that need to be deleted.

the fact is The legend status does not reflect intelligence,
I dont know your brain is still functioning when writing this tread Grin Grin Grin

Digibyte donate : DGHhJ4r6QqW2GMXL9FcsHpteFLZV3V3VgN
rleonard85

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 04:07:50 PM

Please explain what the "damage" is from DigiByte Gaming being disabled. Is your issue that you no longer get DigiBytes for free?
By the way, it was announced that it was disabled a loooong time ago. It only seems to have become an "issue" once people realized that DGB was suddenly worth a lot more. Human nature I suppose.

I think one interesting issue here is your timing. DigiByte Gaming has been disabled (I believe) for months. Did it suddenly became an issue for you after you...
dumped 3/4 of my stash into the spike and locked in a very nice 100% profit.
...and wanted to be able to buy in again at a lower price? I notice that you didn't post anything negative during the ride to the ATH, even though DigiByte gaming was disabled long before that.

Also, although I agree that the marketplace should have been temporarily closed/fixed sooner, I suspect you never saw this post?

First off, thank you to all the long term DigiByte supporters and a very warm welcome to all the new DigiByte community members here!  Things have been very hectic the past few weeks.  

This sudden rise caught all of us by surprise as much as it did some of you.  If you look at the history of other major crypto markets as well as the history of DigiByte you can quickly tell things can get volatile very quickly. So please make sure to take the time to fully educate yourself on cryptocurrency trading and blockchain technology in general. And please note we do not answer speculation questions or make forecasts or predictions. We are here to focus on the core technology and the true innovations and applications that blockchain technology allows us to build.

We are actively working to expand the team and get better organized. The recent Citi Tech 4 Integrity Challenge was a great event for DigiByte! We were told that we were one of the finalists in the competition and it was a tough decision for the judges that day.  However, the competition is not over yet.  The main awards will be concluded in July where over 60 awards from several of the main partners will be awarded.

We made several great connections with some very large companies. However, please understand it takes time for things to move forward with such large organizations. Please do not expect anything to happen overnight.

Most blockchain businesses are flooded at the moment with a backlog of news users and messages. So please understand we are working to get through the 1000's of messages we get each day across all our social media including Twitter, Telegram, Reddit, Email and here and more. It is a very exciting time but there will be growing pains!  

Finally, a few housekeeping notes. All recent orders on DigiByte Market will be refunded due to the recent price fluctuations. We also want to point out the dev team is not the organizer of the meme contest or the developers of the Minecraft server. So please direct your questions toward the appropriate organizers of those projects. Thank you all again for your continued support.  As stated, many, many times over the past 4 years. We are here for the long haul!

Cheers,

Jared

thanks for posting this. I was looking for Jared's response on the digi thread but i couldn't find it. This icebreaker guy is just salty.
Roboabhishek

Activity: 882
Merit: 528

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 01:18:39 AM

scam? ...

hmmm ...

#crysx

True i have like 10k+ dgb since 2016 and still earning from league of legends.
Now when i saw the price went so high they closed the digibyte gaming it's a scam for sure.
They didnt even told anyone to withdraw dgb before closing the website.
iCEBREAKER (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2017, 02:57:44 AM

thanks for posting this. I was looking for Jared's response on the digi thread but i couldn't find it. This icebreaker guy is just salty.

Responded here:

[*excessive Happy Talk and pumpy marketing pablum omitted*] 

Finally, a few housekeeping notes. All recent orders on DigiByte Market will be refunded due to the recent price fluctuations.

How insulting that Jared considers non-fulfillment of PAID CUSTOMER ORDERS to be merely dead-last-priority "housekeeping."  Good to know he cares much more about chasing Citi unicorns than actual paying users of digibytemarket.com.   Roll Eyes

Jared's response fails to adequately address the following questions/problems:

1. Why were the Market and Gaming sites abandoned in failure modes rather than being shut down gracefully after a proper public announcement?  Citi hype perhaps?

2. Why is "muh hectic price fluctuations" being used to excuse those failure modes?  Is Jared unaware crypto prices are volatile?

3. Will I be refunded the full 2*$16.00 for the Riot Points I never received, or the just the (now greatly depreciated 2*387 DGB) used for the transactions?

4. Has anyone ever actually used digibytemarket.com to successfully purchase anything, or has it been a scam the whole time?

PS I'm not "just salty."  I get shit done.

EG, digibytemarket.com has been SHUT DOWN thanks to my salt.

Here's the 'Before iCEBREAKER' vs 'After iCEBREAKER' of the site:

THEN:

NOW:

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
iikun
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 05:09:50 AM

scam? ...

hmmm ...

#crysx

Now when i saw the price went so high they closed the digibyte gaming it's a scam for sure.

Lol you again. Even after I kindly posted you a link to a guide as to how to recover DGB on the gaming wallet you put it in the too hard basket and did nothing. DigiByte has posted many many times what to do about gaming wallet funds and to PM them if still unable to recover. If you'd actually bothered to look yourself first I wouldn't have needed to post it for you, I think that shows how "important" the DGB actually are to you.

Have you actually tried to contact them yourself or do you just prefer whinging? Also, why would you leave an important sum on an online wallet in the first place..it's labeled as a beta.
Roboabhishek

Activity: 882
Merit: 528

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 06:55:36 AM

scam? ...

hmmm ...

#crysx

Lol you again. Even after I kindly posted you a link to a guide as to how to recover DGB on the gaming wallet you put it in the too hard basket and did nothing. DigiByte has posted many many times what to do about gaming wallet funds and to PM them if still unable to recover. If you'd actually bothered to look yourself first I wouldn't have needed to post it for you, I think that shows how "important" the DGB actually are to you.

Have you actually tried to contact them yourself or do you just prefer whinging? Also, why would you leave an important sum on an online wallet in the first place..it's labeled as a beta.

It didn't worked out as you said.
I dont know anything about gaming wallet all i know is email and pass i used to register.
Also i sent them message about it but they don't have time to reply not even in a week.
iikun
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 11:27:17 AM

scam? ...

hmmm ...

#crysx

It didn't worked out as you said.
I dont know anything about gaming wallet all i know is email and pass i used to register.
Also i sent them message about it but they don't have time to reply not even in a week.

I'm sorry they didn't reply to you yet. There may be other people in the main thread who can help if you ask.
iCEBREAKER (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2017, 04:01:06 PM

Problem with DigibyeMarket has been resolved.  Smiley

Will I be refunded the full 2*$16.00 for the Riot Points I never received, or the just the (now greatly depreciated 2*387 DGB) used for the transactions?

Please PM us your details and we will make sure you are refunded in full. Also, just to clarify we are not able to delete anyone's posts on here.

And yes we fulfilled many orders over the past 12 months.

Once again, some people made orders between 100 -200 satoshi.  Which means a $10 card now cost them $100 - $200.  Some people made orders when DGB was at 2600 sat.  Which means a $10 card costs us $20.  It is only fair we return everyone's DGB.  Also, we are only talking about a couple dozen orders here.

We will be closing DiigByteMarket down as we do not want to be in the e-commerce business. It served its purpose when DigiByte was not widely known. We have to much other exciting stuff to be working on. We would love to get bigger e-commerce platforms to add DGB. More importantly, DGB needs a good payment processor to handle automatic transactions.  Does anyone have any recommendations?

DigiByte reached out to me via PM and got my refunds sorted.

It wasn't a significant amount of DGB; the principle is more important and I'm happy to be able to take DGB off my blacklist.

DGB has the properties (PoW, fair launch, active development and community) I look for in a buy-and-hodl coin.  Although I ragedumped my stash (at >%100 profit thanks to all the stupid greedy mondkinder Grin) I'll keep tabs on the project and may buy back in when the price finds a floor.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2017, 03:28:08 AM

Problem with DigibyeMarket has been resolved.  Smiley

Will I be refunded the full 2*$16.00 for the Riot Points I never received, or the just the (now greatly depreciated 2*387 DGB) used for the transactions?

Please PM us your details and we will make sure you are refunded in full. Also, just to clarify we are not able to delete anyone's posts on here.

And yes we fulfilled many orders over the past 12 months.

Once again, some people made orders between 100 -200 satoshi.  Which means a $10 card now cost them $100 - $200.  Some people made orders when DGB was at 2600 sat.  Which means a $10 card costs us $20.  It is only fair we return everyone's DGB.  Also, we are only talking about a couple dozen orders here.

We will be closing DiigByteMarket down as we do not want to be in the e-commerce business. It served its purpose when DigiByte was not widely known. We have to much other exciting stuff to be working on. We would love to get bigger e-commerce platforms to add DGB. More importantly, DGB needs a good payment processor to handle automatic transactions.  Does anyone have any recommendations?

DigiByte reached out to me via PM and got my refunds sorted.

It wasn't a significant amount of DGB; the principle is more important and I'm happy to be able to take DGB off my blacklist.

DGB has the properties (PoW, fair launch, active development and community) I look for in a buy-and-hodl coin.  Although I ragedumped my stash (at >%100 profit thanks to all the stupid greedy mondkinder Grin) I'll keep tabs on the project and may buy back in when the price finds a floor.

you should lock the thread now mate ...

resolving issues is great Smiley ... im glad it was all sorted for you ...

looks like they took notice ...

#crysx

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: