Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:04:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BUY high sell low ?  (Read 22533 times)
fiomcorka

Activity: 496
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 08:26:03 AM

Everything is easy to control. Just control it.
Yes, it is you who has to control the things. If you manage to control the things in a better way, you will be able to get a lot of profit and earning. I think selling your Bitcoins at a low price will never be appreciated. You need to keep calm and cool under any condition so that you make a right decision. Selling at fewer prices can never result in case of right decision.
Yes this strategy has more scope as compare to fast sell and trade as buying in low gave you advantage and sale in high will give you profit and then you will get more than you expect. So buy as much as you can and hold till the prices goes up and in November these will go up and will rise till end of 2k17.
I have been giving one statement for years now, "Never sell out your asset lower than the price you bought it in". If the price of a particular asset touched a high value that means it has the potential to do that again.

Bitcoiners must trust bitcoins because it has a great capability of recovering and I am also looking forward to November as Segwit 2 xs is going to be activated. It will increase the value for sure.
KingdomHearts

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 06:52:46 AM

This is what most of us when entering this market are but from these mistakes we will have more experience and a good strategy to avoid the "Buy high, sell low" and will profit.
Some wise person just said that your mistakes will make you learn how to walk further. So yeah it happened to everyone who just came into this amazing world.

We all were unaware of it and slowly we are getting better in knowledge and now we are making some progresses. So buy low and sell high is main rule and by hook and crook we all come to know about it.
thanhnc46947

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 07:25:13 AM

or may be buy low sell high ?

Lot of noobs traders , don't control their emotions and make worst mistakes : buy at high price and sell at lowest

how to control this ? = put orders (buy/sell) and close the platform

Buy at low price and sell at high price. This is expected of all investors but it is difficult to execute. It is easy to say whether a certain price is low or high in retrospect, but in the moment, it is monumentally difficult. Prices affect the psychology and emotions of market participants. Traders and investors must have a certain objective method to determine if prices are high or low. Humans are conditioned to follow the crowd. There is inherent difficulty in consistently buying low and selling high. When prices are low, sentiment tends to be overwhelmingly negative towards a stock. Many bullish holders are forced to dump their shares. Similarly, when price is high, it is difficult to conceive of letting go of a winner.
newlone

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 08:04:53 AM

Lot of noobs traders , don't control their emotions and make worst mistakes : buy at high price and sell at lowest

This is the most stupid thing I've ever done, run by value and finally getting the bad thing. Pay attention to the big altcoin and ignore the altcoin virtual value or you have to bear the risk.
PETES

Activity: 456
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 10:05:18 AM

It's easy, don't easily get panic when the price suddenly dropped. just wait and hold. The time will come.

Yeah easy to say but hard to do especially when panic already hits you and you're a beginner but soon as these beginners will get used to this, it'll be okay.
When we start here in crypto world we should be also mentally and emotionally ready like you accepted all the consequences behind it and the fluctuation is all normal so nothing to panic and worry.
PokerFace3

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 05:20:57 PM

This is the most stupid thing I've ever done, run by value and finally getting the bad thing. Pay attention to the big altcoin and ignore the altcoin virtual value or you have to bear the risk.
It is insane to always follow a trend or get into a trend when the value is increasing. Once you have missed it, then you have missed it. Close it, look for another trade and try your luck with that.
Also, most of this low altcoins are just good for the pumps being done on them and once I see such after analyzing previous trends, I don't even bother myself. Although, there are some anyway, that really do come with some good profits but so risky.
justdimin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 670

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 06:54:33 PM

Yes, it is you who has to control the things. If you manage to control the things in a better way, you will be able to get a lot of profit and earning. I think selling your Bitcoins at a low price will never be appreciated. You need to keep calm and cool under any condition so that you make a right decision. Selling at fewer prices can never result in case of right decision.
Yes this strategy has more scope as compare to fast sell and trade as buying in low gave you advantage and sale in high will give you profit and then you will get more than you expect. So buy as much as you can and hold till the prices goes up and in November these will go up and will rise till end of 2k17.
I have been giving one statement for years now, "Never sell out your asset lower than the price you bought it in". If the price of a particular asset touched a high value that means it has the potential to do that again.

Bitcoiners must trust bitcoins because it has a great capability of recovering and I am also looking forward to November as Segwit 2 xs is going to be activated. It will increase the value for sure.
Only a fool can sell off coins at a price lower than he bought them at and if it is the case of bitcoin, that person is so unlucky if he is selling bitcoin at lower prices because we all know that bitcoin at any time can jump damn high in prices. Bitcoin is when at low price, it is rather the time to buy more and more bitcoin than selling them off. Bitcoin should never ever be sold at low prices if you really want to be rich.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
moopser

Activity: 90
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 07:04:08 PM

Only a fool can sell off coins at a price lower than he bought them at and if it is the case of bitcoin, that person is so unlucky if he is selling bitcoin at lower prices because we all know that bitcoin at any time can jump damn high in prices. Bitcoin is when at low price, it is rather the time to buy more and more bitcoin than selling them off. Bitcoin should never ever be sold at low prices if you really want to be rich.
Its panic.
Lots of people just cant control their emotions, especially newcomers.
Even I have started only few months ago I had set a rule for myself - to sell only at 2% higher prices (at least 2%). Sometimes it took days without any single trade, but still I have total positive PnL.
Also I did not made any single trade for the past 3 days.. watching.
hridoyb

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2017, 07:17:15 PM

Yow will be control your mind if you try to hard.I think never try to sell low.If you need you want to sell low price but i think its not proper deceision.When price is low you just buy coin and hold for long time and going to long time rest. Smiley Smiley

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ██████████████▄▄▄
       ▐███████████████████▀
       ████████████████▀▀
                    ▀
                            ▄▄
      ███████████       ▄▄████
     ▐██████████▌      ███████
     ███████████      ███████▀
    ▐██████▌         ███████▀
    ███████       ▄▄███████▀
   ▐██████████████████████▀
  ▄█████████████████████▀
▄██████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
██████▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
Genamant

Activity: 730
Merit: 102

Trphy.io

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 03:02:18 AM

hmmmm there is 2 reasons
first the trader must be a newbie and doesnt even know how is the system of buying and selling ,i  actually have some i know who pm me asking how to trade and when they buy they dont edit the price so they are doing direct buying so imagine what they do in selling ... this is the common mistakes of newbies in trading
2nd this traders is emotional ,dont trade with your emotions it affect your decisions

Natsuu

Activity: 1134
Merit: 158

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 06:54:55 AM

It's all up to you brother. It's you will control your emotions.
Like if you can't and you keep on trading and losing money then the problem is all yours.
When it's in red days don't panic instead buy coins that you can add to your portfolio then just hold and wait for the pump. Or you can even sell it if you at least profited. As traders we should always think that it's always part of trading so don't you worry.

batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 07:38:58 AM

Yow will be control your mind if you try to hard.I think never try to sell low.If you need you want to sell low price but i think its not proper deceision.When price is low you just buy coin and hold for long time and going to long time rest. Smiley Smiley

Just put it on your mind that you have to buy when the price is low or when the market is on red alert. This type of mistake that was done by beginners are normal, they don't consciously know that they are trading the wrong way. It's a norm now that when you are a trader you usually have to buy at dips and you just have to sell it when there's a pump or sudden increase to the price of what you hold.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
setupbounds

Activity: 910
Merit: 509

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 08:59:45 AM

This is what most of us when entering this market are but from these mistakes we will have more experience and a good strategy to avoid the "Buy high, sell low" and will profit.

Yeah probably only those who are new to trading are suffering from loss of profit because of wrong decisions. They must read more information about the coin they are investing before starting. They will only learn it from experience when they lose their coins.
I think, only a newbie has problems in any profession he joins because he does not have any experience related to it. Trading is a very risky job and no doubt, a new trader will face many situations that will make him afraid.

The only skill that has saved the entire trader from the loss is patience. With it comes wisdom. A trader must never panic during dip and increase the amount if possible.
FLoving

Activity: 1022
Merit: 521

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 01:46:22 PM

Some wise person just said that your mistakes will make you learn how to walk further. So yeah it happened to everyone who just came into this amazing world.

We all were unaware of it and slowly we are getting better in knowledge and now we are making some progresses. So buy low and sell high is main rule and by hook and crook we all come to know about it.
There is no other way with which you can learn the things but all the things you get to know comes with experience and learning. This is the fundamental rule in the world if business that you should buy the things at the time when the prices are low and sell them once you are getting enough money in order to have a good amount of profit at the end.
andrei56

Activity: 840

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 06:31:44 PM

We cannot control anything obviously.Buy low Sell high is not simple as you said.It integrates with various factors like news, development, need and time. You have to analyze every factor surrounding it before you decide to buy.And if you can see the scope then its better to wait for a small few days and see a small dip and invest.Also I suggest don't put all your eggs in one basket.Try analyzing different coins and finalize a few and invest in all of them.Then you will definitely see the profit.
Correct, it is not as simple, buy low and sell high is a good enough basic advice but what to do when the price never becomes higher? What if the coin you bought has been crashing for months, do you sell for a loss or do you hold? Do you choose to lose money by selling or you take the risk of becoming a bagholder in the hopes the coin recovers?
Kiweikoo

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 04:18:49 AM

We cannot control anything obviously.Buy low Sell high is not simple as you said.It integrates with various factors like news, development, need and time. You have to analyze every factor surrounding it before you decide to buy.And if you can see the scope then its better to wait for a small few days and see a small dip and invest.Also I suggest don't put all your eggs in one basket.Try analyzing different coins and finalize a few and invest in all of them.Then you will definitely see the profit.

Yes, if someone told you that trading is easy he is either lying or have a crystal ball that see the future. Educating your self should be the first thing to do when you want to trade regardless of what you are planning to trade. Stocks, crypto , currencies, CFD etc they are all the same. After education you also need to control yourself, it's funny that he mention the buy high sell low but i have seen this multiple time, people are very emotional when it comes to money. What I always tell them is you are not losing money until they click that sell button.
I am surprised that there are some creatures that consider trading a piece of cake. I am pretty sure they themselves have never ever tried trading that’s why they are not aware of the problems that are face by traders.

Trading as you said indeed demands a lot of homework and self control because mostly people lose in trading when they do panic selling.
andrei56

Activity: 840

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 06:07:12 PM

It's easy, don't easily get panic when the price suddenly dropped. just wait and hold. The time will come.
This is not easy for a newbie trader, there is a strong temptation to sell your holdings and stop the bleeding but as we know if you are invested in a solid coin then we know that coin is going to regain its value after some time so the only thing we can do at that moment is to keep holding our coins.
Koinci

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

No Bitcoin, no problem.

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 06:41:14 PM
Last edit: January 12, 2018, 07:50:05 AM by Koinci

I think buying high and selling low, even though not intentional, is an unavoidable part of trading. Imagine you bought at $4000 (just an example) when the price was consistently rising. Then it started to drop and stayed around $3800 for a long time (of course, seasoned traders would have acted before it drops to this point). You have two options, either wait and hope that it will rise again, which it may never, or do your math, calculate your loss, sell at low, and continue trading on new price points, and try to cover your loss with new gains. Otherwise, your money will be stuck and useless, and you may wait for months or more hoping that it will get over $4000 again.

Having said that, buying low and selling high is surely the goal of trading, as long as you can manage to do it.

In order to control your emotions, you first need to not trade with a sum that will cause you a lot of stress (e.g. all your money, all your savings etc.), secondly, you shouldn't see it as a "get rich quick" thing, and instead a long term business practice which involves loses as well as gains, finally, you should be patient and stick to your strategy and goals while trading and be content with smaller gains, instead of aiming for much more risky higher gains.
Vannie12

Activity: 630
Merit: 130

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 10:15:59 PM

I think it's what we call panic selling. The only advice I can give is try looking beyond. Bitcoin is not a coin to be beaten. It's in wide use. We should know that as it becomes in use and being adapted everyday, even there is a slight decrease in price, it will always go up.
Orsenise

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 03:20:31 PM

buying high and selling low is a common missconception in the trading realm.. you can't buy high and sell low because you don't know how the market will move, you can TRY to but that doesn't mean you'll buy the absolute bottom or sell the absolute top, that never happens and it never happens for a reason, because the market in unpredictable! If it was predictable everyone would buy low and sell high and we'll all be reach, that's the tricky thing about trading, you make assumptions based on some indicators which might not be accurate all the time and you risk therefore to be wrong, if you get involved professionally though you'll definitely have a good chance to better read than a novice trader, so unless you really want to get into it, don't try it.. just my two cents
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: