Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 10:39:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people pray?  (Read 7314 times)
strontiumsane

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 10:29:40 PM

Some people pray to praise God or give thanks for blessings, they are so much eager to worship God. But there people that pray only when they want to get something, too much self-centered, selfishness..
haha you're right, it's like a double moral thing. They just remind of God when they are in a hard situation.
Tipsters

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 11:12:26 PM

Why do people pray? Because it is only the way we mortals can communicate to God. Praying is also a spiritual need for us humans. Some people pray because they need someone to talk to. Some they seek for help or enlightenment and many more.
mybedisall4mee

Activity: 19

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 11:42:21 PM

To connect with what they believe in, or simply thank to that entity.
pineapplecharm1

Activity: 29

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 11:58:51 PM

because they search for comfort.
karisiak123

Activity: 244
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 12:11:38 AM

Because everyone must have a religion

IadixDev

Activity: 322
Merit: 151

They're tactical

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2017, 12:26:50 AM

Praying is putting good thought in the mind.

The_prodigy

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 05:51:08 AM

If you really think about it, you are being a total douche when you pray for anything

You are basically telling god... that you know what is best, more than god does

By praying, you are saying...
"Hey god, I know you don't want to give me a new car, but I want it anyway"
"Screw your perfect/divine plan god, I want a new car... me me me me me me, it's all about me"

If it is god's will... why are you trying to change god's will?

Do you really think you know better than god does?

Or, are people just selfish and don't care what god has planned?

Praying is not just for saying what you want it is also for those that want to share their problems with too God. I think it is not being douce sayong what you want but entrusting that God would always be in control and His will be done. There is nothing wrong in sayig that you would like this and this but in the end, you know that His will be done and that is everything that you can hope for.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 09:35:06 AM

If you really think about it, you are being a total douche when you pray for anything

"Screw your perfect/divine plan god, I want a new car... me me me me me me, it's all about me"

Praying is not just for saying what you want it is also for those that want to share their problems with too God. I think it is not being douce sayong what you want but entrusting that God would always be in control and His will be done. There is nothing wrong in sayig that you would like this and this but in the end, you know that His will be done and that is everything that you can hope for.

Nice.  We pray like what you said not to just always asking for what we want.  We should pray because there are things that we do not know comes to us in a form of blessings.  We are blessed but we do not know why because He gave that blessings.  Are we good enough or did we do something really nice that He gave us a sort of reward that we call blessings?  Simple things that makes us realized that without Him we can do nothing and without Him we are nothing.  It is not good to boast on things that we acquire such as honor, achievements, or money.  He is the reason why we have those things because of His blessings.  If He wants, he can take all that from us. Be thankful always.
fuer44

Activity: 1638
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2017, 09:52:24 AM

Because everyone is praying to God for health, fortune and goodness in his life. Certainly in accompanied also with a hard work
Herressy

Activity: 361
Merit: 106

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 11:45:34 AM

Because everyone is praying to God for health, fortune and goodness in his life. Certainly in accompanied also with a hard work

Yeah, and also we need to pray so we can thank God. And to have a daily guidance. It is our obligation to thank god every day and every night before going to sleep.
Frost

Activity: 602
Merit: 508

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 11:54:06 AM

Praying is a necessity to be done, asking the god to be a very good deed, if we want something we should pray and try, if God allows our petition to be granted.
kuyacardo

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 12:11:28 PM

Its up to that particular individual. The 'hope' is
the reason they are praying to begin with for
whatever reason. I'm not religious, so I can't help
you past that. People believe crazy shit, some
only turn door nobs with their teeth as not to get
germs on their hands; it's what makes us unique.
galestorm

Activity: 448
Merit: 251

Futurov

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 12:48:25 PM

For people to ask for guidance. They ask for spiritual help in the hopes of their wishes to come true. Some people believe that if they pray, their divine creator will hear them and make their prayers come into existence. For me, i believe in god and in his ability to answer my every prayer, i believe that he is there to guide me and keep me safe.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▀████▀▄
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▄▀▀▄▀
█████████████████████████  ███                    ███  ████████████████████████  ███                    ███  ███████████████████████▄    ▄▄████████████████████▄▄  ▀███▄                 ▄███▀
                           ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███                       ▀███  ███▀▀                ▀▀███   ▀███▄             ▄███▀
                           ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███                       ▄███  ███    ▄██████████▄    ███     ▀███▄         ▄███▀
█████████████████████████  ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███  ███████████████████████▀   ███    ██        ██    ███       ▀███▄     ▄███▀
███                        ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███  ███               ▀███▄    ███    ▀██████████▀    ███         ▀███▄ ▄███▀
███                        ███▄▄                ▄▄███            ███             ███▄▄                ▄▄███  ███                 ▀███▄  ███▄▄                ▄▄███           ▀█████▀
███                         ▀▀████████████████████▀▀             ███              ▀▀████████████████████▀▀   ███                   ▀███▄ ▀▀████████████████████▀▀              ▀█▀

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    F U T U R O V . C O M    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▀▄▀████▀▄▀
▀▄▄▀
▄▄████████████████████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████████████████████▄
▄████▀                              ▀████▄
█████      ▄██████████████████▄      █████
█████     ███▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▀███     █████
█████     ███   ▐▌      ▐▌   ███     █████
█████     ███▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███     █████
█████      ▀██████████████████▀      █████
▀████▄                              ▄████▀
▀██████████████████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀
Website
Telegram Group
Telegram Channel
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube
TikTok
Github
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
ScriptYoYo

Activity: 159

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 12:59:27 PM

People need to somehow send their requests to the universe or turn to the higher powers. So they came up with prayers through which they will hand over their requests.

Cyberbits

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 02:39:19 PM

Many people believe that prayer is not just a religious exercise but that God does listen to prayers and answers them. Isaac, from Kenya, says: “I prayed for help to understand the Bible. Soon afterward, someone approached me and offered the help I needed.” In the Philippines, Hilda wanted to quit smoking. After repeated failures
gadimbrut

Activity: 418

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 02:46:21 PM

Because man needs a god, no god man will not exist, god is the creator
Wowcoin

Activity: 910
Merit: 507

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 10:07:01 PM

We all know that we need to pray to God who created to us. Our plan we need to ask God if this plan are good to us or not.
And praying is the way to talk God we can tell to him anything our plan we ask him to guide us what is the better we do in our life.
chixka000

Activity: 910
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 10:15:32 PM

Why do people pray? Because it is only the way we mortals can communicate to God. Praying is also a spiritual need for us humans. Some people pray because they need someone to talk to. Some they seek for help or enlightenment and many more.

So all possible things that you talked to god is praying? How about those who are saying all bad words to him are they also praying? because you have said that this is the only way that we mortals could communicate to the creator?
BitcoinMarshal

Activity: 756
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 10:24:26 PM

So all possible things that you talked to god is praying? How about those who are saying all bad words to him are they also praying? because you have said that this is the only way that we mortals could communicate to the creator?
This is good point that those who saying all bad words to him they are not praying because they are not happy and still communicating with creator about all things some one need to give reasonable reply this topic also
marjoree

Activity: 193

Presale is live!

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 12:07:34 AM

Praying is one of the way to communicate with God. Praying does not always mean for us people to ask for what we want but give thanks for what we are receiving. Simply for us waking up in the morning and for our guidance everyday. Be greatful because God knows what you need, you just need to wait.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: