Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 04:04:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BBQcoin.org Official Thread  (Read 18563 times)
mrvegad

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 03:47:55 PM

Vircurex decided to remove BBQCoin yesterday but changed their mind today. Price is rebounding Smiley

Great news!
yajos

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 02:26:47 AM
Last edit: June 17, 2013, 07:41:15 PM by yajos

Hi,

Testing new P2p BBQ pool node:

http://bbq.soyminero.net:8900

Works without registration:
user: your adddress
password: anything

cgminer --scrypt -o bbq.soyminero.net:8900 -u your_address -p x --expiry 1 --scan-time 1 --queue 0

Payments are automatics.

Regards.
CaptChadd (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005

Product Marketing & Promotion / Software Developer

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 03:53:17 AM

Massive annoucement to be made over the next two days directly involving BBQcoin and this could be the first time that something of this scale has ever been done. Keep an eye on bbqcoin.org's website posts, Facebook and Twitter for upcoming updates. Thanks.
the1silverwolf

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 05:18:34 AM

We have plenty of slots open on Silverwolf's BBQ Pool!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=201476.0

--
the1silverwolf
mrvegad

Activity: 616

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 05:32:16 AM

Massive annoucement to be made over the next two days directly involving BBQcoin and this could be the first time that something of this scale has ever been done. Keep an eye on bbqcoin.org's website posts, Facebook and Twitter for upcoming updates. Thanks.

Can't wait for the update, sounds big!
CaptChadd (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 06:00:54 PM

Can't wait for the update, sounds big!

It is going to be big, well,  i think it is big and it has never been done before as far as I can see.

I am working on the website now and once finished, I will release and [ANN] for it and the website with have a forum but with one thread only. Just one topic and thread and a signup section  Smiley

I am excited about this one, combining the two things I love together.
Nolo

Activity: 686

Whoa, there are a lot of cats in this wall.

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 06:54:15 PM

Sweet.  We're gonna be able to hire hookers with BBQcoins?   

Grin Grin Grin

Seriously, can't wait for the announcement though.  Sounds great.  Keep up the good work Chad! 

Charlie Kelly: I'm pleading the 5th.  The Attorney: I would advise you do that.  Charlie Kelly: I'll take that advice under cooperation, alright? Now, let's say you and I go toe-to-toe on bird law and see who comes out the victor?  The Attorney: You know, I don't think I'm going to do anything close to that and I can clearly see you know nothing about the law.
19GpqFsNGP8jS941YYZZjmCSrHwvX3QjiC
CaptChadd (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 07:01:45 PM

Sweet.  We're gonna be able to hire hookers with BBQcoins?   

Grin Grin Grin

Seriously, can't wait for the announcement though.  Sounds great.  Keep up the good work Chad! 

Thanks mate.

I think the client side is running fine now, the other website has joined in on the client side too and we will release a new one in the near future adding a stable node but other than that, I think our client runs pretty fine as it is.

Now what we really need is something to spend BBQcoin's on  Wink
Charles999

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 07:17:54 PM

Hi all,
let's hope they don't get derailed and delisted
I thought I would start a new BBQcoin thread as the OP from the original seems to not be around or interested in the project anymore.

If you don't know, I run bbqcoin.org and work alongside a few others to further develop and support BBQcoin.

I fund the website myself and I have done since the start as I actually really like BBQcoin and I don't run the website just for financial gain (Minus money first three months) but to assist the growth in both community support and the trade of this coin.

I also hope that this thread will help new users to make sure they don't get the wrong information.

First off, if you need to find out any information or get quick support then please use our IRC at #bbqcoin.org

On our IRC only users on there with an @ or + sign next to their name are official support staff for the website and they can assist you.

The website has the current Windows client with only a slight logo cosmetic change, the next client release is currently being worked on.

The source code, forum and IRC links are all there in the footer for anyone interested in getting involved in the community.

The last thing I want to say is that with this coin, for the most part, everyone is on the same playing field. The blockchain has been running to beyond 15 million coins and has been running long enough to allow everyone to get a fair share.

I am sure there are users out there with a big stack of coins but that is because they mined them the same as anyone else including myself when the difficulty was low and that was only the case because most users chose to forget about BBQcoin which understandably got labelled as a joke coin.

I consider BQC to no longer be a joke but a real crypto-currency only with a dry and sarcastic sense of humour.......and a great taste  Smiley
CaptChadd (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 10:56:11 PM

New side project update post just added to the main website, as I have actually spent more time at the MAC/PC instead of working on the other jobs i have, Twitter and Facebook get the news second for a change.

I am keeping what the actual project is under wraps for now other than the fact that it will be connected to BBQcoin and is, I hope going to be the first of many reasons to actually buy and mine BBQcoin for something other than trading, as it is a currency after all.

I have calmed down on the client side of BBQcoin and I formally apologise when I have acted out of turn to anyone involved, I can admit when I am wrong and also when I am being an arse, I am guessing that having over 10 massive projects on the go at once and trying to manage them can take its toll sometimes but that is no accuse.

As I said in my post on the website, I want to thank all the past and current supporters of BBQcoin as without you, it would have died a long time ago.

Here is to a bright future for BBQcoin and the possible dawn of a new era for Alternate Crypto-Currency.
FullLife

Activity: 503

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 05:53:04 PM

New side project update post just added to the main website, as I have actually spent more time at the MAC/PC instead of working on the other jobs i have, Twitter and Facebook get the news second for a change.

I am keeping what the actual project is under wraps for now other than the fact that it will be connected to BBQcoin and is, I hope going to be the first of many reasons to actually buy and mine BBQcoin for something other than trading, as it is a currency after all.

I have calmed down on the client side of BBQcoin and I formally apologise when I have acted out of turn to anyone involved, I can admit when I am wrong and also when I am being an arse, I am guessing that having over 10 massive projects on the go at once and trying to manage them can take its toll sometimes but that is no accuse.

As I said in my post on the website, I want to thank all the past and current supporters of BBQcoin as without you, it would have died a long time ago.

Here is to a bright future for BBQcoin and the possible dawn of a new era for Alternate Crypto-Currency.

So no hints or anything?
CaptChadd (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 07:45:14 AM

I don't want to give too much away yet, I want to have the website fully up and running, so it can explain fully what the project is about and allow for sign ups too.
Anillos

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 07:18:15 PM

Suggestion: create a BBQ address generator like this one for FTC:
http://host.feathercoin.com/Featheraddress/featheraddress.html

The advantage is that it will allow to accept BBQ without downloading the entire blockchain, becase most of people doesn't have enough HDD for all blockchains.

Aquí puedes conseguir pequeños ahorros sin mucho esfuerzo: http://www.bitvisitor.com/?ref=1PWNAGEZ3fSM8QevUavdd2iZ9F5jkp1QHZ
Consigue algo más viendo vídeos o haciendo pequeñas tareas en Bitcoinget.com: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=178692.msg2509190#msg2509190
¿necesitas un dibujo vectorial, un esquema, un diagrama...? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=183268.0
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 08:03:12 PM

The advantage is that it will allow to accept BBQ without downloading the entire blockchain, becase most of people doesn't have enough HDD for all blockchains.

Good idea!
bigdaub

Activity: 179

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 06:07:38 PM

I would give to a bounty for someone to fork this for BBQ.

https://github.com/pointbiz/bitaddress.org
FullLife

Activity: 503

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 06:29:58 PM

Seems like a really good idea, I like it.

In other news, the price of BQC has tanked.
dmatthewstewart

Activity: 439

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 06:47:27 PM

I like BBQcoin also. I just started mining it a week ago, but stopped due to all the connection issues at ub3rl33t.
And with the increasing difficulty it is no longer profitable to solo mine.

A few good mining pools next to ub3rl33t are really needed at this point. Preferably one with stratum support and with servers in EU en US. 

Go to Dig's Pool (PPS)

bbq.ltcoin.net

Plus if you have any problems he gets right back to you

dyoungii

Activity: 147

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 06:58:31 PM

Anyone have a working Linux build I compiled one myself but It keeps getting errors loading blockchain

███    TWITTER    FLUX   WHITEPAPER  ███
███    WEBSITE    GAMING ECOSYSTEM        MEDIUM      ███
███  TELEGRAM  VALVE  UBISOFT  ██████ Origin  GAMELOFT      FACEBOOK    ███
Dacm4n

Activity: 363

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 07:02:06 PM

Seems like a really good idea, I like it.

In other news, the price of BQC has tanked.
I think someone mined a bunch and decided to dump them all at once.
dmatthewstewart

Activity: 439

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 08:06:48 PM

Looks like that makes the the largest BQC holder right now Smiley

You appear to have added a black pixel next to your 5 with an image editor.

How odd.

Thats just for teh lulz

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: