Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:41:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy more bitcoin or wait for August 1st?  (Read 20383 times)
giantrobot

Activity: 564
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 02:40:27 PM

So my initial plan was to invest more into bitcoin on a weekly basis but with the possibility of a split on August 1st I figured I'd wait a little. If there would be a split, there would certainly be a drop in price so maybe a good opportunity to pick some more up rather than doing it now. Normally I tend to make these kind of decisions for myself but since I don't fully understand what will happen August 1st I figured this would be the best place to ask.
It depends on how you think about this time but in my opinion, I think Bitocin price will grow up so that we should buy Bitcoin before August and this moment is a good chance to buy Bitcoin as its price is so low now.

Of course, and if you intend to store bitcoin for future profits, you should buy it now, deciding quickly will not cause regret, if you do not buy, you will regret in the future.
jexphe2k

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 06:02:58 PM

Hello!

I have 2 mining contract on two different cloud mining companies, my question what will happen to my BTC in those after the hardfork? Will they get split into two kind of coins like Etherium? Will price shoot up after hardfork or go down?
darklus123

Activity: 1246
Merit: 588

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 03:15:25 AM

Hello!

I have 2 mining contract on two different cloud mining companies, my question what will happen to my BTC in those after the hardfork? Will they get split into two kind of coins like Etherium? Will price shoot up after hardfork or go down?

Youre pending balance would remain i guess. You could still get the same amount for example you have 1btc you can still surely get 1btc. On fhe price tho it is expected that it would go down for weeks after the split but i guess there is nothing to worry
Caelanpelley

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 03:24:42 AM

So my initial plan was to invest more into bitcoin on a weekly basis but with the possibility of a split on August 1st I figured I'd wait a little. If there would be a split, there would certainly be a drop in price so maybe a good opportunity to pick some more up rather than doing it now. Normally I tend to make these kind of decisions for myself but since I don't fully understand what will happen August 1st I figured this would be the best place to ask.
What is the reason for you to wait? So wasting so much time. No one knows what will happen that day with bitcoin.So I think you should definitely decide rather than wait.
mostkey

Activity: 742
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 05:12:50 AM

When we are set on two choices, sometimes we tend to think that the decisions we make are not so precise, but all the planning is sometimes not realizable properly.Because regret always comes at the end, we no one knows what will happen in August, but I think it is better to divide the two investment funds for this month and next August, because it will not know the bitcoin split that occurred in august
krauzzer02

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 05:17:52 AM

Who knows if bitcoin will pump up or down on August, just be careful in your investment better to watch out the flow of bitcoin this month
but if you are a risk taker go on.
Rajamuda

Activity: 924
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 05:38:57 AM

It depends. Depending on how we mneganalisa bitcoin price movements in these months. I suggest buy now or soon. And sell it when prices soar surely, do not have to wait for August actually i think if to buy, just look at it when the price drops on bitcoin prices that rose from before.
NJB18

Activity: 663

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 06:38:15 AM

I would say buy. Before August 1 is coming, even in the last week of June, bitcoin is already falling in price. It would continue until August. Most likely entire month of August.

I am sure though that after that bitcoin will recover. So buying while people are worried, causing a dip in price, is the wise decision.
hurain

Activity: 462

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 07:29:31 AM

Who knows if bitcoin will pump up or down on August, just be careful in your investment better to watch out the flow of bitcoin this month
but if you are a risk taker go on.
the price is so stable for lase couple of weeks, its mean that it have a good support from the investors therefore i am sure that the price will go up very soon, therefore hopefully investment in current time will be safe and profitable.
mmhaimhai

Activity: 532
Merit: 257

A BLOCKCHAIN SOLUTION TO DISRUPT TRADE FINANCE

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 09:46:05 AM

I think im going to take the risk of buying as much as i can before that date. Anyways if btc solit would really goin to happen, it could recover specially now that more and more stablishments are acknowledging the use of btc in their transactions.

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 11:38:48 AM

I think im going to take the risk of buying as much as i can before that date. Anyways if btc solit would really goin to happen, it could recover specially now that more and more stablishments are acknowledging the use of btc in their transactions.
That is what a good investor should think, just take the risks and don't mind the possible losses because in long term we will recover those paper losses or temporary losses and we can earn or get doubled amount of our current loss right now because the loss is not permanent because there is always a rainbow after a very heavy rain.
SamsungBitcoin

Activity: 532
Merit: 280

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 11:44:48 AM

We do not know what will happen on that day i think me i just do the safe way i will transfer my bitcoin to fiat but it would still kept in my wallet what ever happen iam ready for that. There is a negative thoughts on that date that is why i decided to be safe.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  sports
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀  ▄▄▄▀███▀▄▄▄  ▀█████
████  ▄█████▄ ▄█████▄  ████
███  █ █████▀ ▀█████ █  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀▀▄███▄▀▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀▄██ ███████ ██▄▀█  ██
██   █████ █████ █████   ██
███  █████▀▄▄▄▄▄▀█████  ███
████  ▀▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀█ ███ █▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████
▀▀       ▀▀████████
 ▄▄  ▀  ▄▄   ▀█████
 ▀    ▀█████▄  ████
   ▀█▄   ▀▀██▄  ███
 █▄  ▀██▄▄  ▀█▄  ██
  ▀█▄  ▀███▄  ▀  ██
█  ▀██▄  ▀███▄   ██
██  ▀███▄  ▀█▀  ███
███  ▀████▄    ████
 ▀▀█▄  ▀▀▀   ▄█████
▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███▀▀         ▀▀███
▀   ▄▄██▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▄████████▄  ▀█  ██
██████▄▀  ██▄    ██
████▄▀  ▄▀████▄  ██
██▄▀  ▄▀██████  ▄██
▄▀  ▄▀███████  ▄███
█▄▄▀███████▀  ▄████
▀████████▀  ▄██████
  ▀██▀▀   ▄████████
      ▄▄███████████
███████████████████
1mBTC
x 3 WINNERS
BET
MULTIPLIERS
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
sobsitesearch

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 11:50:09 AM

We do not know what will happen on that day i think me i just do the safe way i will transfer my bitcoin to fiat but it would still kept in my wallet what ever happen iam ready for that. There is a negative thoughts on that date that is why i decided to be safe.
Most of the time bas speculation makes people panic and that was not good for those small traders. But me i would keep to hold my bitcoin until bitcoin value not reach my target value to sell my bitcoin. Higher risk makes high profit.
EthBooksPro

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2017, 12:43:01 PM

Personally I'm currently stocking up. Even if btc goes down after Aug 1st, I don't think it will reach horrifying levels. Psychologically, I'm prepared for anything...but that strength comes from losing a lot several times before and getting back on my feet again.

If you are not very comfortable buying more at the moment, I would advice you to step aside until after Aug 1st because anything is bound to happen.

vlad06

Activity: 537

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 12:59:50 PM

I'm thinking of selling 50% of my alts to enter BTC before August 1st, in case it shoots up, and if it doesn't shoot up, then alts will dip anyhow and I can buy back cheaper....am I right or is that stupid?
eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 01:58:33 PM

I believe no one can say what will happen after this split.
We might see a jump in the price and we might see huge sell and falling price.

What do you think will happen to the other coins (ETH and other coins) after this split?
Do you think other coins will behave the same or the other way (investors might see other coins as a safe place to hold their currencies during the change).
I am afraid that there is a possibility that bitcoin value will down, but I am wishing that it will go up and not to go down, this is what I really afraid of "August 1", hoping that what will happen be good news for all of us.  Huh
AgatioX

Activity: 546
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 02:15:49 PM

There are so many opinions about what will happen after 1st of august that my brain already is cooked about "what to do".I decided not to do anything)Just HODL.

BUT to start investing - I would wait if I were you until september
bkbirge

Activity: 1197
Merit: 482

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 02:16:12 PM

Bought more today, will continue to accumulate.
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 03:15:30 PM

I'm thinking of selling 50% of my alts to enter BTC before August 1st, in case it shoots up, and if it doesn't shoot up, then alts will dip anyhow and I can buy back cheaper....am I right or is that stupid?

That depends on how much of your portfolio is composed of alts and how much is accounted by BTC. If your portfolio is like 80% alt and 20% BTC, then there will be no harm in converting half of your alts to Bitcoin. On the other hand, if 80% of your portfolio is composed of BTC, then it may be better for you to hold on to your altcoins.
vlad06

Activity: 537

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 08:41:07 PM

That depends on how much of your portfolio is composed of alts and how much is accounted by BTC. If your portfolio is like 80% alt and 20% BTC, then there will be no harm in converting half of your alts to Bitcoin. On the other hand, if 80% of your portfolio is composed of BTC, then it may be better for you to hold on to your altcoins.

I'm currently on about 90% Alts and 10% BTC.

I might make it 50/50 before the day of reckoning and then see what happens.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: