Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:14:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy more bitcoin or wait for August 1st?  (Read 20383 times)
Fundamentals Of

Activity: 2310
Merit: 366

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 02:56:24 PM

This is healthy. Let my alts fly with colors.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zohaibh

Activity: 368
Merit: 104

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 03:06:52 PM

i think you should not wait for 1 august because if you wait you just waste you time . invest btc and earn more dear.
ximply

Activity: 350
Merit: 170

I do crypto TRADING

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2017, 03:19:24 PM

2,400 level has been breached and its sliding as of this time. will you buy now or will you sell?
BitSquare

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 03:28:59 PM

The news that on 1 August there will be problems provoked panic. It was not such as hoped for whales, and therefore there will be no problems. The first rule of behavior in times of panic is to keep calm. I will also calmly waiting for the moment when the situation normalizes.

I will buy some altcoins now. When the bitcoin price drops due to the split, I will buy back bitcoin.
Hypnosis00

Activity: 2352
Merit: 339

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 03:38:00 PM

I will wait the result of the hard fork in august 1 to see if it will become an increase or decrease on the price and if the price will decrease a lot then i will just buy more bitcoins and hold it for long term but if the price increase then i will just buy at least 50% of my capital and keep the rest for buying back again.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
skorupi17

Activity: 490
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 03:44:06 PM

So my initial plan was to invest more into bitcoin on a weekly basis but with the possibility of a split on August 1st I figured I'd wait a little. If there would be a split, there would certainly be a drop in price so maybe a good opportunity to pick some more up rather than doing it now. Normally I tend to make these kind of decisions for myself but since I don't fully understand what will happen August 1st I figured this would be the best place to ask.

This is the main effect of the upcoming "August 1st" thing, it brings uncertainties to the users. I believe that as we approach that day, we will experience so much volatility. Some might panic sell because they are uncertain what will happen to the price when August 1 arrives. As an investor, it is normal. But we are talking about Bitcoin here. No matter what price we buy, we will have a profit from it and it depends on the time, the duration for how long we will hold our coins.

It is good to buy now because it is expected that the price will soar high after the activation of segwit on August 1. But if you are still uncertain, buy 50% of your money now and the remaining 50% is after the activation. That way, you will have a profit regardless on whether the price soars up or down.
equator
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 04:09:58 PM

So my initial plan was to invest more into bitcoin on a weekly basis but with the possibility of a split on August 1st I figured I'd wait a little. If there would be a split, there would certainly be a drop in price so maybe a good opportunity to pick some more up rather than doing it now. Normally I tend to make these kind of decisions for myself but since I don't fully understand what will happen August 1st I figured this would be the best place to ask.

This is the main effect of the upcoming "August 1st" thing, it brings uncertainties to the users. I believe that as we approach that day, we will experience so much volatility. Some might panic sell because they are uncertain what will happen to the price when August 1 arrives. As an investor, it is normal. But we are talking about Bitcoin here. No matter what price we buy, we will have a profit from it and it depends on the time, the duration for how long we will hold our coins.

It is good to buy now because it is expected that the price will soar high after the activation of segwit on August 1. But if you are still uncertain, buy 50% of your money now and the remaining 50% is after the activation. That way, you will have a profit regardless on whether the price soars up or down.

Perfectly said, if you are uncertain about the price after August 1, then better split and buy it so that if their is dump in price after that day then you will be able to buy some more on low rates. I have done the same and buying slowly on low and keeping my 50% of the investment on hold.
andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 11:14:11 PM

I am waiting because i am a bit lost this days, and a lot more pessimist. so i will see what do after, or maybe sold everthing before Embarrassed
I think it is better to wait to the last minute to take the decision that way you can get as much information as you can regarding the segwit activation of August the first, but if you want to leave then I think cashing out your bitcoins one week before could be good enough option.
chixka000

Activity: 910
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 11:22:43 PM

This is healthy. Let my alts fly with colors.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Is it really healthy for alts? Well if it is for bitcoin then obviously this would be healthy for bitcoin. Tho i have also noticed that if btc grows massively alts are also pumping up so basically this is all healthy for us i guess
shams

Merit: 250

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 11:40:24 PM

Anyone is not sure that what is going to happen with bitcoin on 1st august so its better to plan before and be safe. Anything can happen with bitcoin it can pump in price and also it can get a huge dump so its better to plan before it happen. I am planning to keep 25% in BTC and 50% in USDT and 25% in Altcoins, Not all type of altcoins I will keep in some solid altcoins which have good future and solid development.
FLoving

Activity: 1022
Merit: 521

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 11:58:11 PM

I believe that it will benefit us and none any bad thing will happen to bitcoin and the price at the moment of august will increase more faster so the better suggestion is that we have to buy more bitcoin now and have to wait for august and more than that while holding them.
Mike Mayor

Activity: 966
Merit: 535

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 12:33:01 AM

Just buy more Bitcoin. Nothing will happen on August 1st and if you believe it is then go all in with what all the Bitcoin you have gambling and cash out into fiat. I wouldn't though. If people really believed it was the end they would he taking massive chances.
It's just another one if those small storms Bitcoin must face. It's faced many and survived and will face many more and still survive.

RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1007

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 12:43:20 AM

Just buy more Bitcoin. Nothing will happen on August 1st and if you believe it is then go all in with what all the Bitcoin you have gambling and cash out into fiat. I wouldn't though. If people really believed it was the end they would he taking massive chances.
It's just another one if those small storms Bitcoin must face. It's faced many and survived and will face many more and still survive.

If a hardfork happens that can split the price into half as well. I personally would not take that chance.

Senja Kemuning

Activity: 553
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 04:03:52 AM

Previously a lot of negative issues about bitcoin stating the price will drop, but in fact it is precisely the price skyrocketing, bitcoin I'd recommend to buy bitcoin before August 1st and let's get huge profit.

███
             █████
            ███████
           █████████
          ███████████
         █████████████
        ███████ ███████
       ███████   ███████
      ███████     ███████
     ███████       ███████
    ███████         ███████
   ███████           ███████
  ███████             ███████
 █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
M!RACLE TELE
BRINGING MAGIC
TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
40% Biweekly Rewards
▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬
Traffic from €0.01 worldwide

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
      ██         ██     
        ▀▌     ▐▀       
       ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄      
     ▄█████████████     
   ▄█████████████████▄   
  ██████▄██████▄██████  
 ▐█████████████████████▌
  ██████▀███████▀██████ 
  █████   █████   █████  
  █████████████████████  
  █████████████████    
    ███████████████    
 ▀██▄ ████████████  ▄██▀
      ▀██▀   ▀██▀   
       ▄█       █▄
ANN
Lightpaper
Bounty
Facebook
Twitter
Telegram
ximply

I do crypto TRADING

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2017, 04:39:21 AM

If a hardfork happens that can split the price into half as well. I personally would not take that chance.

Yes this is true and most of people are thinking the same thing. You can see it in the market right now that huge sell off is happening and even altcoins are down by more than 10% in the last 24 hours and it keeps sliding. They are now saying if it failed then bitcoin will surely be replaced.
nightrider

Activity: 348
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 04:42:10 AM

I will do both work, first, I will buy a bitcoin for storage, and then I will wait, whether the results of "independence day" is good or not, I will still store It's because I believe the bitcoin value will rise higher in the future.

MOCKTAIL  -  THE  FIRST  SEMI-FUNGIBLE  TOKEN  ON  BSE 
        WEBSITE        WHITEPAPER        SMART CONTRACT        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        TELEGRAM        ANN

Zooplus
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 05:46:18 AM

I will do both work, first, I will buy a bitcoin for storage, and then I will wait, whether the results of "independence day" is good or not, I will still store It's because I believe the bitcoin value will rise higher in the future.
That's a good plan, think of the future rather than the new coming event that might change for bitcoin for good or bad.
But if it's bad this will not last for long as the real value of value to the people will prevail and demand will still increase
overtime, so focus more on the long term investment.
richminded

Activity: 798
Merit: 268

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 06:06:14 AM

I have the same question, I dont know what to do now because no one knows what will happen on or after august 1, though my coins are on the exchange with altcoins and hoping that my coins their are still safe. im afraid on the other side but i have to faith on bitcoin and take a big risk on this.
ximply

I do crypto TRADING

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2017, 06:09:41 AM

For those who are loosing faith in bitcoin and want to cash out then you may visit my post here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2007402.0 and im willing to buy it at an additional premium.

I have faith that bitcoin will still rise.
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 07:07:53 AM

You do realize that's a temporary set back? split or not price will rise up and up no doubt there, now if Wu uses his sword to split Bitcoin in almost half then you should know the second coin is no longer called BTC, so the main coin which is BTC should recover fast just after they dumped their doubled coins on each other, so why take the chance? now is one of the best moments in history of crypto to accumulate as much as possible because 6 months after the fork when capacity increases we might never see $2500 ever again not even as the crash pricing.

🖤😏
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: