Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:23:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC will be back in $1,000 ?  (Read 5648 times)
Nomad88
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1268

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2017, 09:11:52 AM

Bitcoin price might fall back to $1000. I know we all are optimistic after the skyrocketing price in 2017. Strangly, i feel like i am the only one who remembers the fact that the community were discussing block size problem and possible hard-fork only a few months ago. I also remember the price fall the day Poloniex announced what position they would take in case of a hard-work.(https://poloniex.com/press-releases/2017.03.17-Hard-Fork/). Just like stock-market, green numbers seems to be making people forget all the bad memories.

I don´t mean to be pessimistic, but seg-wit gave Bitcoin some time to breath rather than solving its problems. Sooner or later we will end-up discussing ridiculous transaction fees and block size problems which will lead to hardfork rumors once again. Bitcoin reached an all-time high of $3,000 on June 12 and is oscilating arround $2,500 since then. While these numbers surprised the media and most Bitcoin investors, we early adopters knew that it is still nowhere near what Bitcoin can actually become. Does that mean Bitcoin can double, triple or even reach $10.000? No, i am not saying it can, i am saying it will. But, not before above problems are solved

If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Barbut

Activity: 1694
Merit: 502

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 10:14:31 AM

Bitcoin price might fall back to $1000. I know we all are optimistic after the skyrocketing price in 2017. Strangly, i feel like i am the only one who remembers the fact that the community were discussing block size problem and possible hard-fork only a few months ago. I also remember the price fall the day Poloniex announced what position they would take in case of a hard-work.(https://poloniex.com/press-releases/2017.03.17-Hard-Fork/). Just like stock-market, green numbers seems to be making people forget all the bad memories.

I don´t mean to be pessimistic, but seg-wit gave Bitcoin some time to breath rather than solving its problems. Sooner or later we will end-up discussing ridiculous transaction fees and block size problems which will lead to hardfork rumors once again. Bitcoin reached an all-time high of $3,000 on June 12 and is oscilating arround $2,500 since then. While these numbers surprised the media and most Bitcoin investors, we early adopters knew that it is still nowhere near what Bitcoin can actually become. Does that mean Bitcoin can double, triple or even reach $10.000? No, i am not saying it can, i am saying it will. But, not before above problems are solved

Great comment! People forget things pretty fast, especially fast if you wave with some green in from of their eyes like you said. I'm far from expert, but your explanation about segwit and how its not the solution for problems touched me, when I think about it all this pint in that direction that this is just a first aid to calm down most of the people, while fees and blocksize will stay as a problem in the background.
For one month we will see segwit in action and many things will be clear after that, 1000$ seems like far away at the moment but with bitcoin price anything is possible.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
ktabb

Activity: 266
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2017, 10:14:40 AM

So...The price is moving around $2,400 now-a-days and dropped from $3,000 & What about the future...Is going down to $1K maybe! Cry

I had received over $5K bitcoin payments and the price dropped within short-time its a massive drop and I'm under a huge loss. What to do I don't know.
Its been risky to receive payments in Bitcoin now. The price may drop more and make you beggar overnight.   Undecided

Receiving payments in bitcoin without immediately converting to fiat means you are playing the bitcoin market. You are relying on the bitcoin market continuing to rise most of the time. It is one thing to run a business and a totally different thing to invest in bitcoin, but it sounds like you are trying to do both?

I think bitcoin will bottom out around $1200-$1500. I don't think it will go below $1,000 though.

talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 11:31:34 AM

at this point in the history of bitcoin, the price is only set by the investors and they have already proven that they do not care about the transaction fees which are around 1 to 3 dollars for them.
and in case you have missed it, all this drama and the big back log and the big fees is caused by a spam attack not a scaling issue which is believed to be coming from the miners themselves because they have the incentive. and with activation of SegWit this will go away for good.

I think bitcoin will bottom out around $1200-$1500. I don't think it will go below $1,000 though.
no, there is no reason for bitcoin to go that far down. that would mean about -60% drop.
and if i have learnt one thing all these years is that this kind of big drop won't happen for no reason. specially it won't just because you feel price is high since high is just an abstract concept. $700 was high once. so was $20 and so was $1

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
Apened

Activity: 1386
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2017, 11:45:14 AM

Its another common scenario on the part of bitcoin,and besides we already seen bitcoin price goes up,then goes down and suddenly it will go up again. Dont worry its not even a panic selling.

Yeah I think so. But going too low like $1000 will never be happen. Btc already hit $3000+ so I think if there will be a downfall it will just only hit $2000. And nothing to be panic, its just as normal as our everyday lives.

Yes ,fluctuation is normal even this drop of price we already experience it many times .
My own speculation it maybe go around only at $1500 but to go down at $1000 is a big downfall and it will create a big wave of panic selling at $1500 it is almost 50% drop of price and it is good .
xvids

Activity: 1176
Merit: 301

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 11:48:17 AM

Well I think it would not be back at $1,000 it would be a huge amount of decrease if it ever happens,
Maybe it could bounce back at $1,900 I think it would be the lowest price that it could get.

tigershark

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 03:35:05 PM

So...The price is moving around $2,400 now-a-days and dropped from $3,000 & What about the future...Is going down to $1K maybe! Cry

I had received over $5K bitcoin payments and the price dropped within short-time its a massive drop and I'm under a huge loss. What to do I don't know.
Its been risky to receive payments in Bitcoin now. The price may drop more and make you beggar overnight.   Undecided

Anything is possible so a drop to $1000 is possible. It seem unlikely to drop that much but it wouldn't surprise me if the price dropped below $2000 and maybe as low as $1500.

Even if the price drops, I still think it will recover and go to new highs eventually. There is a lot of volatility with the bitcoin price right now.
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 03:48:18 PM

the correct answer is: under normal circumstances NO, it won't happen.
the normal circumstances means if there were no major scams, hacks, or other crap done by these exchanges.
it also means if there were no new massive scale drama about scaling like the BU fork that we saw earlier this year.

and even if the above happen, still breaking the $2000 is going to be a very hard task. remember that these round numbers are always going to be a very strong psychological barriers.

There is a FOMO brewing...
ktabb

Activity: 266
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2017, 12:05:56 AM

no, there is no reason for bitcoin to go that far down. that would mean about -60% drop.
and if i have learnt one thing all these years is that this kind of big drop won't happen for no reason. specially it won't just because you feel price is high since high is just an abstract concept. $700 was high once. so was $20 and so was $1

You don't seem to understand the concept of value vs price at all. The reason for it to decline 60% is because there was no good reason for it to increase by that amount in the first place. People always overbuy assets, and bitcoin suffers from this problem significantly more than the vast majority of investments.

$1 seemed high when it WAS high... before bitcoin's value increased significantly by more vendors accepting it as a currency, improving legal status around the world, and gaining mainstream acceptance. The problem is that when bitcoin gets any minor good news that may increase its value by a small amount, bad investors freak out and buy like crazy, pushing the price up to ridiculous numbers that far exceed the increase in value from the good news. This happens with all assets, but significantly more so with bitcoin than others.

DoomDumas
Legendary

Activity: 1002
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 05:46:14 AM

Simply put : No !

Like in : http://www.shouldisellmybitcoins.com/
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 07:05:55 AM

Wow! This was a great piece of information that I read I appreciate your thorough and detailed study and writing about the events and the actual situations.

It was discussed once earlier in the forum as well about the problems of the bitcoin if they are not solved in time the bitcoin will always be in such a situation and the users as well will always be worried about it. We know that the  bitcoin have more potential that it can reach a skyrocket high price but without solving the problems it can never reach to a price where it deserves to be.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 08:22:39 AM

Simply put : No !

Like in : http://www.shouldisellmybitcoins.com/

Grin This made my day, I thought it is an article or something informative but yeah it is very informative. As seeing the prices of bitcoin today I thought it will go back at $2,300 and it's already giving me some heartache but it's rallying on $2,400-$2,500. If this is going to be continuous happening, this will be a good thing and we'll never see $1,000 again.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
GoodLuck2

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 08:31:05 AM

Well I think it would not be back at $1,000 it would be a huge amount of decrease if it ever happens,
Maybe it could bounce back at $1,900 I think it would be the lowest price that it could get.

Yes I am agree with you that its price will never be goes to below 1000$ , and my opinion is the price of bitcoin is that its price will goes afore to raise, and after then some difficulties due to its price will be goes to low , I think its will not goes to more minimize to 1000$ . Its decrease to 2000$ .
Anastasios

Activity: 68
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 08:57:26 AM

Not a single rational argument has been presented in this thread. People are still hanging on to that optimism like never before. It is very evident that very few people have been tracking bitcoin long enough to realize that just because we hit an ATH and adoption increased greatly, does not mean it will never drop. For every single rally up to a new ATH the same cycle repeats. People are so overwhelmingly optimistic and shun anyone who is bearish, as they do in this thread.

For your information, even if we do drop to $1200, hell even $8-900, this does not mean much. It would just mean that bitcoin is doing what it has been doing the past 7 years where you have been able to trade it for money. Adoption is coming in waves and with each waves end comes a correction.

It is evident though that with each adoption cycle, less and less technically literate people hop on board. A good example is to see how people invest in ETH and ICOs, if you would force them to explain how both work, the vast majority would not be able to explain, because if they did theyd realize how bad it is.

I'm not saying this is the end for bitcoin. I'm saying that in all likelihood bitcoin will correct and there will be new highs later in time.

Check google trends for bitcoin. It is surely and steadily dropping since may 25th: https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=today%203-m&q=bitcoin

As this long lasting bubble loses its steam, volume drops, 2600 is the new normal, then 2500 is the new normal, then 2400 is the new normal... and eventually you have a bear market: https://bitcoincharts.com/charts/bitstampUSD#rg30zigHourlyzczsg2017-06-11zeg2017-07-02ztgSzm1g10zm2g25zv

that lasts until next bull market Smiley

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=994411.0 My simple price and metrics analysis
Cobalt9317
Copper Member

Activity: 434
Merit: 278

Offering Escrow 0.5 % fee

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2017, 09:58:30 AM

What is the reason for such dramatic and panic announcement I can't understand. You should know by now that volatility and fluctuation of price are normal and price corrections happen from time to time. You can always earn and you can always lose, that is how things are going with Bitcoin.
If you are not ready for that you shouldn't cope with Bitcoins at first place.

volatile is only natural with the nature of BTC if OP is really worried about it, he/she could just save some BTC and never touch it until the price is very high to his/her expectation IMHO.

I only worried about BTC could rise to the maximum limit that I couldn't even buy a single fraction of it. nevertheless this is something we all should looking forward for.
CoinFoxs
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1004

Campaign Management & Translation Service

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 12:48:23 PM

No price will stay at 2400$ and after 2 3 weeks price start increasing and again reach 3000$ but i don't think so that price will drop from 2400$ t0 1000$, bitcoin will grow definitely by time.
BlackPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 01:07:57 PM

No price will stay at 2400$ and after 2 3 weeks price start increasing and again reach 3000$ but i don't think so that price will drop from 2400$ t0 1000$, bitcoin will grow definitely by time.
We can be sure whether the price will increase or decrease. Look at the current market then there is no movement at all. We can only wait, the nearest time is the 1st of August where at that time there will be an important decision.
novemberwoah

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 01:11:53 PM

If bitcoin really will be back in the $ 1,000 that means bitcoin experienced the largest drop in the history of bitcoin. Because previously the bitcoin price never dropped that much, and I'm sure it will not happen. I agree with you that the price will remain at $ 2,400 and if the price should fall again, I am sure it will not be below $ 1,700. But I do not think prices will go that far and sooner or later the price will rise to $ 3,000 again. Indeed anything can happen to bitcoin prices because the price is very volatile, but I believe with the progress of bitcoin at this time.
Maheshkumar_Hrangkhawl

Activity: 600
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 01:33:47 PM

I only worried about BTC could rise to the maximum limit that I couldn't even buy a single fraction of it. nevertheless this is something we all should looking forward for.

To be honest, I am more worried about this happening rather than BTC going down to $1,000 per coin. Right now, I have only a few mBTCs in my wallet. I am gradually increasing my BTC holdings, but it takes a lot of time and effort. My biggest worry is that BTC will rise too fast too soon. Then I will be having too few BTCs to cash out.
X-ray

Activity: 2870
Merit: 520

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 02:25:43 PM

We can be sure whether the price will increase or decrease. Look at the current market then there is no movement at all. We can only wait, the nearest time is the 1st of August where at that time there will be an important decision.
THe bitcoin market is very stable right now, Looks the demand goes in another coin try to back to the bitcoin again. The more poeple are trying to sell the portfolio to get bitcoin and wait until the next bear will happen,
but there is no statement that said the 1 august the hardforj will be happened.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄