Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:47:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 198 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ICO] DIMCOIN The Future Of Equity on the Blockchain  (Read 235028 times)
cryptobob88

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 05:52:19 PM

scam...

They can issue tokens whenever the want.
They can freeze transactions whenever they want
And the worst part: can destroy tokens from any account whenever they want. No other crypto does this.
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stori11

Activity: 2

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 06:03:04 PM

scam...

They can issue tokens whenever the want.
They can freeze transactions whenever they want
And the worst part: can destroy tokens from any account whenever they want. No other crypto does this.

Bancor does the exact same thing m8
ophyrim

Activity: 994
Merit: 391

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 07:29:14 PM

With a good team performance will definitely make this ICO a success and able to attract investors to invest in this project.
So DIMCOIN will be able to compete with other altcoins in the crypto market like other big coins

this coin does have a good possibility to make its mark in cryptoland! but it is not just up to the team and it certainly is not isolated to the teams performance! the entire ecosystem needed to make this evolve is mostly out of the dev's hands and the choices made by investors and supporters are one of the main factors in the success of any project!
I agree. There are many projects which achieved success thank to investors and supporters right to vote. I think this project is going to be one of the best projects in this year. I am planning to join the ICO. Good luck guys.
n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 07:36:02 PM

I went through the page to invest and seems that DIMCOIN Pre-Ico value is estimated in fiat so when investing through bitcoin it calculates the exchange rate btc/usd so at the moment -$100 in the past 24hours so I think a better idea for me is waiting for the bitcoin price to keep increasing a bit and then invest and since we have time until 15th July I may invest at the end of this period.
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1051

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2017, 08:17:28 PM

finally found something new today. i have noticed this ICO from day one but completely ignored it. haven't invested yet but just wanted to ask for now.
has the NEM team already decide to put some of their funds to this project? i remember they all discussed it on NEM thread about supporting ICO for the platform.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
rigel
Legendary

Activity: 1240
Merit: 1001

Thank God I'm an atheist

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 08:55:36 PM

finally found something new today. i have noticed this ICO from day one but completely ignored it. haven't invested yet but just wanted to ask for now.
has the NEM team already decide to put some of their funds to this project? i remember they all discussed it on NEM thread about supporting ICO for the platform.

On Telegram I saw Jeff (vice-president of NEM Foundation) saying NEM Foundation is not going to officially support any ICO anyway he is going to invest his own money in DIMCOIN
j_allstar

Activity: 1

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 10:05:54 PM

Hi,
I read in the crowdsale-prospectus that "Among others, if the Purchaser is a citizen, tax resident or green card holder of the United States of America (“US Purchaser”), he/she shall not participate in the Crowdsale except through such crypto-currency exchange(s) as separately designated by the DIMCOIN Foundation for US Purchasers’ participation."

What crypto-currency exchanges are you referring to specifically, and is this regarding buying during the ico contribution period, or only after it ends?

thank you
kickboxer

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 10:06:52 PM

Hi Can anyone suggest if moving you XEM wallet from IOS(iPhone) to MAC using the private key does the original deposit address change?

Also does any one has guide how to move the account.

All help would be appreciated.

Thanks
fmasaud84

Activity: 9

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 11:06:22 PM

The Whitepaper was around 71 pages i think but i kept reading. the project seems very interesting. Therefore, I end up investing as well. I hope to get more updates on this on regular basis i will visiting this thread.

Food2

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 12:30:10 AM

Hi,
I read in the crowdsale-prospectus that "Among others, if the Purchaser is a citizen, tax resident or green card holder of the United States of America (“US Purchaser”), he/she shall not participate in the Crowdsale except through such crypto-currency exchange(s) as separately designated by the DIMCOIN Foundation for US Purchasers’ participation."

What crypto-currency exchanges are you referring to specifically, and is this regarding buying during the ico contribution period, or only after it ends?

thank you

I believe what they are saying is that you can not invest in the actual ICO and instead you must buy after the ICO is over, through an exchange like Poloniex or Bittrex.

Pretty sure they have to do this because of a law in the US regarding cryptos or something, but I could be mistaken. Either way, if you live in the US then you will have to wait till after the ICO to buy DIM.
bitmania1

Activity: 12

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 12:45:04 AM

Based on email exchange with dimcoin, the "no US residents" request is for fiat payment. Quote from an email to me "You can use ETH for sure because invest in a ICO doesn't fall under US law"
Food2

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 12:46:47 AM

Based on email exchange with dimcoin, the "no US residents" request is for fiat payment. Quote from an email to me "You can use ETH for sure because invest in a ICO doesn't fall under US law"

But then why would they say that US residents can only participate through an exchange after the ICO? They seem to go to great lengths to make it known that any and all US Citizens/residents/etc. are not allowed to partake in this ICO directly...
Food2

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 01:03:35 AM

Also I have a quick clarification:

The DIM currency coins you mention in your post, will they be more or less the same as the Tethered USD (usdt) that is traded on Poloniex? And if so, what is the difference between obtaining your DIM currency coins (which to me seems like a hassle the way you described it, but I am not familiar with NEM so take that with a grain of salt) vs. being able to use a variety of cryptos to buy Tethered coins like usdt on Poloniex directly, since they both "represent" a fiat currency?

Looking forward to your response as I am otherwise interested in investing during the presale.

Cheers.
bitmania1

Activity: 12

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 01:38:14 AM

But then why would they say that US residents can only participate through an exchange after the ICO? They seem to go to great lengths to make it known that any and all US Citizens/residents/etc. are not allowed to partake in this ICO directly...

I had some questions, like you, so I went to their site and saw their email address. I sent an email and they responded rather quickly.
zupdawg

Activity: 672
Merit: 508

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 01:43:04 AM

probably only for those people that wants to use fiat to invest in this ICO coz based on the email they surely accept crypto as investment from the US residents but a clarification about this matter is needed still Smiley

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Food2

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 02:07:43 AM

probably only for those people that wants to use fiat to invest in this ICO coz based on the email they surely accept crypto as investment from the US residents but a clarification about this matter is needed still Smiley

To be honest, now that I think about it, I think they probably mean that it's illegal in the US, but if you use cryptos to invest then you are safe because they can't link the addresses back to you, but who knows. I saw a few other ICO's that also stated clearly "NO US CITIZENS MAY PARTAKE IN THE ICO DUE TO US LAWS", so I am tempted to assume they refer to all US Citizens regardless of investment method. I agree in that a little clarification would be appreciated.
Voltaje

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 02:10:08 AM
Last edit: July 02, 2017, 03:34:28 PM by Voltaje

Also I have a quick clarification:

The DIM currency coins you mention in your post, will they be more or less the same as the Tethered USD (usdt) that is traded on Poloniex? And if so, what is the difference between obtaining your DIM currency coins (which to me seems like a hassle the way you described it, but I am not familiar with NEM so take that with a grain of salt) vs. being able to use a variety of cryptos to buy Tethered coins like usdt on Poloniex directly, since they both "represent" a fiat currency?

Looking forward to your response as I am otherwise interested in investing during the presale.

Cheers.

Simple, the Dim currencies are fiat currencies criptonized, in order for it to function in the DIM:Ecosystem, they are not for trading in the exchanges, they are intended to work within the ecosystem of the DIMCOIN foundation, WISE Consulting and HYBSE, so you will be able to trade with assets, securities, stock, equities, wich will also be criptonized, this is done so every financial trading that will be made, is done using p2p transfer technology, wich is the same to say that all will be made in the blockchain; becasue you can't use tether in the NEM Blockchain, they created this DIM currencies for that role (DIM:USD, DIM:EUR, DIM:CNY, etc.), if you use Tether, you will have to  exchange USD for tether, then tether for DIMCOIN, wich will have fees and time delays, with DIMC currencies, you only deposit USD, and then this becomes DIM:USD, a criptocurrency that has the same value as USD, but it will only work inside de ecosistem.

I'm not a representative by the way, but all is in the whitepaper.
the_hodler

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2017, 03:15:52 AM

I went through the page to invest and seems that DIMCOIN Pre-Ico value is estimated in fiat so when investing through bitcoin it calculates the exchange rate btc/usd so at the moment -$100 in the past 24hours so I think a better idea for me is waiting for the bitcoin price to keep increasing a bit and then invest and since we have time until 15th July I may invest at the end of this period.

I keep thinking the same way. So i will wait for the ETH price to rise considerably before investing. I believe that this ICO is a good one.

Monta3002

Activity: 344
Merit: 257

EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 04:53:57 AM

Why choose such a bad name?  DIM = not bright = not smart
DIM stands for Data Interchange Module. It is mot about brightness or what and this ICO has great marketing team it will be successful in cryptoworld.

masterzino

Activity: 1218
Merit: 513

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 06:20:33 AM
Last edit: July 07, 2017, 06:22:31 AM by masterzino

Hi,

Bulgarian Translation is ready: [BG][ANN] [ICO] DIMCOIN Cпpaвeдливo Бъдeщe, бaзиpaнo нa Блoкчeйнa

@email I've send you and the PSD + Spreadsheet.

Good luck with your ICO!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 198 »
  Print  

Jump to: