Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:45:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Long term argument for bitcoin  (Read 5896 times)
lionheart78
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1152

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2017, 10:56:51 PM

Im more confident in bitcoin because of one thing, adoption.  Bitcoin being the first mover to decentralized blockchain had cater most of the people that is involved in cryptocurrency plus the number of developers commiting and proposing ideas on its github.  Meaning there are lots of supporters to bitcoin that some altcoin is missing.  The adoption of some nation to acknowledge bitcoin as money or legal tenders is another thing.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HAARP

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 11:19:52 PM

Hello,

Most of you are confident with the long term for Bitcoin. Yet some altcoins has the same features so why are you so confident about bitcoin and not about litecoin instead?

I compared them and approximatevily the same assets!
The only difference is that bitcoin was the first, is it that important?

Are litecoin and bitcoin the same assets? The only difference is the date of establishment? Oh my god, the most weird statement I've heard in bitcointalk forum so far.

Bitcoin has a community and demand dude! Litecoin not.
btccashacc
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 11:38:41 PM

Hello,

Most of you are confident with the long term for Bitcoin. Yet some altcoins has the same features so why are you so confident about bitcoin and not about litecoin instead?

I think being the first has its perks and others is just an alternative. Some may have copied bitcoin design and improved it a lot but bitcoin has already established and became the dominant crypto's ever. Of course, people will also go for the original and not the copy cat or shall we shall fake. And now the prices is so high that not even one single copy cat coin can ever matched it. Well some have tried, but the flippening did not happen.
exactly, people always looking for the original and original always better than the copy cat, that's the reason why people prefer to choose bitcoin as a long term investment instead of investing on litecoin. litecoin might be better than bitcoin if it can offering something different feature that community need like other altcoins did, now litecoin is a good alternative for sending small amount since bitcoin isn't suited for small transaction.
dimatu

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 11:46:19 PM

Hello,

Also the fact that litecoin doesn't really offer much above what bitcoin already does. Being first is an advantage but a coins success depends also on what it offers and litecoin could overtake bitcoin if it really offered something substancial that bitcoin couldn't or wouldn't do.

At the end of the day its more or less a clone and it can't be as successful as a clone that started up second.
CyberKuro

Activity: 798
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 11:59:31 PM

Hello,

Yes it is one of many important things, all other altcoins created in order to catch up with bitcoin.
People familiar with bitcoin, they trust to put Million of dollars into bitcoin which make it rise.
The idea of decentralized digital currency as an alternative, separate from bank or government systems.
Another factor is the highest price of bitcoin, been around for years and used for many purpose besides trading.
syaripudin

Activity: 672
Merit: 253

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 12:17:43 AM

I think bitcoin will last for a long time, why I say so think about it myself, how long bitcoin known, of course we can judge that bitcoin can still be stable until now, so why should we doubt

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org|  
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 12:46:52 AM

Much has been said that perhaps there are many altcoins similar to bitcoin, and there are some others who claim that there are new altcoins with better features than bitcoin, but without doubt the benefit of being the pioneer and the best positioned as well-recognized brand around the world  only belongs to bitcoin. It is something very similar to what happens with fiat currencies. Perhaps the Swiss Franc or the Japanese Yen have better support than the American dollar, but they will never be able to displace it as the most popular and best accepted currency in the world.
HasHe

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 06:01:21 AM

The main reason is that bitcoin has been tested universally in different conditions in different volumes.More over,it has gained trust all over the world which is very much difficult to gain even without government support.No body wants to take any more risks as they are already satisfied with features bitcoin has provided them like low transaction fee,decentralized nature,instant transfer to any parts of the world.Only if they find a major problem with bitcoin,they would think of using another altcoin.
Yuuto

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 07:11:51 AM

Hello,

The argument of altcoins being superior to bitcoin does not really work at all - as you said, bitcoin was the first. All altcoins are essentially based off bitcoin no matter how distant they seem to be apart from bitcoin, and a lot of them fail to recognize this fact and keep focusing on how superior their techonolgy is.

Altcoins can be great short term bets, sure, but definitely not long term.

Litecoin used to be the next big thing, remember? But now, it's behind Ethereum and Ripple. The argument of altcoins being better than bitcoin in the long term is the same as platinum/palladium being superior than gold/silver. It might be rarer and be able to used in many more applications, but there is no trust in them as monetary mediums.
Dontme

Activity: 798
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 07:17:53 AM

Hello,

Maybe your right that bitcoin and litecoin almost have the same attributes or same assets, and that is an important factor. But bitcoin is more known or popular and more subscribed cryptocurrency and it really have many achievements more than litecoin.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 07:25:34 AM

Hello,

Litecoin is just a back up for me and yes i do invest in litecoin too and i am confident in long term both bitcoin and also litecoin but the secret for this choosing method is the popularity and the community as well as the market capitalization of a coin so if the coin has a high market capitalization then it is more like has more chance to pump rather than other coins.
Windpower

Activity: 532
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 07:55:36 AM

Hello,

Currently, Bitcoin is the best and most popular cryptocurrency. That is because it is the most widely used and accepted. That isn't something that you can say about basically any other cryptocurrency out there. However, that doesn't mean that it will forever be the most widely use and accepted currency. I definitely believe that some altcoin will overtake it and for that reason, I don't keep all my money in Bitcoin and instead invest into altcoins such as Ethereum, Dash and Monero. I don't see Litecoin as a good investment, but that is just my opinion.

Also, being the first cryptocurrency doesn't mean anything and it could easily be overtaken at anytime.
stomachgrowls

Activity: 2842
Merit: 768

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 08:03:18 AM

Hello,

As a human being we would really normally go for the first and bitcoin isnt only the first but yet a crypto that last already 8 years and we did already witnessed its journey all over the years have passed and yet its still kicking and becomes more valuable and its really normal for people to choose whose stronger compared to alts we can say that they do have some similarities but no alt could able to equal on bitcoins progress.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 08:04:33 AM

Hello,

Several reasons:

- Most altcoins are for-profit projects, designed to benefit the founders and the team around them. Therefore they usually run ICOs before anything is even released to public. All there is is promises of a good coin, and that's it. This contrasts with bitcoin drastically.
- Altcoins die off periodically. There are hundreds of dead altcoins that were considered good in the past.
- There is only need for decentralized payment processing, really. I really don't see the point of smart contracts etc.
- Altcoin are "altcoins". They'll never achieve the status nor the trust of bitcoin.

Smiley
speem28

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 08:51:52 AM

Hello,

Yes, it is important which of them comes first because whichever did, the first one will be the one that has been used first, so people are already used in bitcoin and even though you say both of them have the same features, it will be a more reason not to try litecoin right ? Imean why will you try something new that is also the same with the previous one. Also, TBH bitcoin has more advantage than litecoin and other countries that are accepting them know that.
Gouverne (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 09:43:31 AM

Thank you all for your answer.

To sum it up what makes bitcoin valuable is the community as I understood.
I bought my first bitcoins today ! 3mBTC but I'm very disappointed because the fee to put it on a wallet is 1mBTC, around 3$! Thank you Kraken!
DevilSlayer

Activity: 1400
Merit: 357

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 10:06:24 AM

Hello,

Being the first is important. So one of the reason why bitcoin is popular is it because it iss the first digital currency. Long term investment is very effective and many people knows about that.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 10:27:31 AM

Hello,

Well they're probably the same and good for long term holdings but personally i haven't researched much about litecoin yet so i'm nit yet too confident in holding fir long term. Btc has been here for quir a while now and a lot of people are interested in it already as well as some countries so as of the moment i thnk btc is more stable and secure.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
       ..███████████████████████████████
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 10:45:28 AM

Hello,

Well they're probably the same and good for long term holdings but personally i haven't researched much about litecoin yet so i'm nit yet too confident in holding fir long term. Btc has been here for quir a while now and a lot of people are interested in it already as well as some countries so as of the moment i thnk btc is more stable and secure.
Just think for litecoin as a copy of it then you are good to go. There is nothing we can think about litecoin because it is just a copy of bitcoin and i think it is also a good back up for the bitcoin users and we all know that litecoin has a small fees and also a fast transactions because of the segwit that gets activated few months ago so it is a good alternative coin for bitcoin if bitcoin will die then i will just go to litecoin.
KnightElite

Activity: 924
Merit: 275

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 11:10:09 AM

Hello,

Being the first is important. So one of the reason why bitcoin is popular is it because it iss the first digital currency. Long term investment is very effective and many people knows about that.
Yeah you're slightly correct. Being popular is a advantage to the bitcoin. This is the reason why many investors are prefer to invest their money to the bitcoin and also this is the reason why conquered the crypro world.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: