Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 12:13:24 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Long term argument for bitcoin  (Read 5906 times)
Qungis

Activity: 77
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 03:19:37 PM

The fact is that bitcoin has the largest capitalization in the cryptocurrency market, so it is the most reliable asset.
spartanrules

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 05:02:17 PM

Hello,

Most of you are confident with the long term for Bitcoin. Yet some altcoins has the same features so why are you so confident about bitcoin and not about litecoin instead?

I compared them and approximatevily the same assets!
The only difference is that bitcoin was the first, is it that important?
Of course it is very important. Because the first in business, always take off the cream. And then, in the case of even the appearance of competitors of a certain product, if it is properly conducted in the market, it will retain a large market share. So it is with bitcoin. People know it better and trust him more, not Litecoin.
udana123

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2018, 05:17:30 PM

As per my knowledge, the amount of bitcoins that could be exist in the world is finite. Therefore at a certain point, people will realize that they can collect bitcoins by mining or buying (will be very expensive). In such a case, if people think that "we do not need bitcoins anymore because the coins distribution has not been done evenly", they will refuse to trade with bitcoins. Therefore the demand will fall and demand for some alternative coins will rise.
My question is that will there a possibility of happening such a situation in the near future as I mentioned above?  
terbetet

Activity: 240
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 05:31:25 PM

Hello,

Most of you are confident with the long term for Bitcoin. Yet some altcoins has the same features so why are you so confident about bitcoin and not about litecoin instead?

Actually it depends upon how a person, specifically the user perceives and think why he is still into sticking with Bitcoin despite of all newly established and launched altcoins that offer the same service or maybe even more compared to Bitcoin. Well for me, Bitcoin was already been the colloquial definition or identity when you say cryptocurrency because it is the first one you will encounter upon entering into this community and all people are already into using it locally and even globally and many altcoins are tend to be traded in exchange for Bitcoin for the reason that it is widely acceptable and that flexible to be used added by the fact that it was the first to be established crypto before anything does and also, its benefits are really more useful and accepted by people who have been into cryptocurrency community.

ArteMixer

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2018, 01:15:12 PM

One of the most important factors is the recognizability by the crown. Almost every person nowadays knows Bitcoin and only a few have heard of Litecoin, Ether and such. That is going to affect their choice when investing.
Eleven86

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 01:31:26 PM

Bitcoin is the first digital currency and it is the king of crypto world. First bitcoin then only we have to consider other altcoins. With bitcoin only  we can determine the values of other altcoins. Now all of us we know about the bitcoin and its uses. No other coins will beat the bitcoin. Bitcoin is suits for both long term and short term. While we hold bitcojn for long term it will give more benefits. Because the price of bitcoin is in fluctuations mode. Once it will increase the bitcoin holder will gain more profits.
webdevmastery

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 01:36:36 PM

Hello,

The answer is very simple, not every coin in the market does have the same growth in the market because they have different developers and the platform will tell if the coin is really good for long term investment or not.
WellDogeo

Activity: 113

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 01:50:22 PM

Hello,

The answer is very simple, not every coin in the market does have the same growth in the market because they have different developers and the platform will tell if the coin is really good for long term investment or not.
This is very hard to determine. If a project has a good foundation, but if the project developers are not good the project will fail, so people choose bitcoin.
tanghere02

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 02:11:23 PM

Well first and foremost, Bitcoin is the first digital currency ever created that holds more value than any other cryptocurrency up to date and litecoin may be somewhat have the same assets with bitcoin but people cant take away the fact that if not for Satoshi Nakamoto who created bitcoin, I dont think litecoin will ever be created as well.

▄▄█████████▄▄                         ▄█▄                ▀██████▄                   ▄██████▀
        ▄█████████████████▄▄                    ▄███▄                 ▀██████▄               ▄██████▀
         ▀███████████████████▄                 ▄█████▄                  ▀██████             ██████▀
           █▀▀       ▀▀████████▄              ▄███████▄                   ██████▄         ▄██████
  ▄█▄                    ▀██████▄            ▄█████████▄                   ▀██████▄     ▄██████▀
 ▄████▄                    ▀█████▄          ▄███████████▄                    ███████▄ ▄███████
▄█████▀                     ▀█████▄        ▄██████▀██████▄                     █████▀▀▀█████▀
██████                       ██████       ▄██████   ██████▄                     ▀█▀     ▀█▀
██████                       ██████      ▄██████     ██████▄                     █       █
██████                       ██████     ▄██████       ██████▄                   ▄█▄     ▄█▄
▀██████▄                    ▄█████▀    ▄██████         ██████▄                ▄█████▄▄▄█████▄
 ▀██████▄                  ▄█████▀    ▄██████                                ███████▀ ▀███████
  ▀██████▄               ▄██████▀    ▄██████                               ▄██████▀     ▀██████▄
   ▀████████▄▄       ▄▄████████▀    ▄██████                               ▄██████         ██████▄
     ▀███████████████████████▀     ▄██████                 ██████▄      ▄██████▀           ▀██████▄
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀      ▄██████                   ██████▄   ▄██████▀               ▀██████▄
           ▀▀█████████▀▀         ▄██████                     ██████▄▄██████▀                   ▀██████▄
  O HOLD YOUR
OWN KEYS!
  O   O [SUCCESS   
RAISE
US$18mil+]
Nyenyepogi

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 02:34:56 PM

Hello,

Yes, I think it is important because if you ask random people what is crytpo currency the answer you will get is bitcoin when it comes to popularity bitcoin has the advantage and to the eye of the investors bitcoin is very profitable because of having high demand and the supplies are limited,whether it has the same features but people want the original one.
ReindeerOnMe

Activity: 245
Merit: 107

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 02:47:15 PM

I agree to you buddy, as time goes by bitcoin become popular in terms of it's usage and capability. As it gives big help to each and everyone of us here in bitcoin community. Though, there are some ICO which aiming to reach the bitcoin but in reality they can't reach it as the bitcoin is the dominant crypto currency of all time.

We are talking about Bitcoin here. Bitcoin is in existence for over 10 years now and there are no other digital currencies that can surpass it in terms of its price. I guess Bitcoin will stay at the top followed by these altcoins and I do hope that Bitcoin will continue to develop through years because a lot of users now are using Bitcoin and I don't think that in the future, with a lot more of users, it might not keep up.
kwabeedat

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 03:37:49 PM

The fact is that BTC pioneered all the other coins and it didn't loose its reputation and popularity and hence its adoption became superb. Also currently almost everything is in relation to Bitcoin's price. There are only a few coins that do not wait for a BTC pump before their price goes high.
balamuda

Activity: 318

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 03:56:52 PM

Hello,

It is not important that bitcoin is the first, but the most important is the popularity of bitcoin because it creates trust in its holders that bitcoin is the main coin in crypto.
Idaujotaite

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 04:49:13 PM

O would agree with most and say its because bitcoin is known and is widely used, unlike other crypto currencies.
logicgate

Activity: 994
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 12:40:10 PM

Hello,

It is not important that bitcoin is the first, but the most important is the popularity of bitcoin because it creates trust in its holders that bitcoin is the main coin in crypto.
  Okay so speaking about the long term investment I would say it is better than the short term because in long term investment, you are not prone to loosing much money due to the fluctuation in the market price and you make your mind about selling the coins only when the market price is more than the one you paid initially. The short term profits are the incremental profits and are also prone to the threat of loosing some money during the market shifts between red and green.
Harley29

Activity: 490

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 04:59:12 PM

Hello,

This is very hard to determine. If a project has a good foundation, but if the project developers are not good the project will fail, so people choose bitcoin.
It is not only in bitcoin but in all kind of investment it is very important to make fine projects about what you are investing, when we start something it is very important for us to know each and everything about it then this way we will never fail for doing anything, so if you want to boost your profit with bitcoin make proper plan for it to hold long term and don’t sell at panic price as no doubt bitcoin each and every project have been profit worthy always.
Tomborneque_1102

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2018, 05:49:41 PM

I don't anything about litecoin. I only knew everything about Bitcoin. so for me, I would rather choose the first and original and the always Survivor in the Crypto World. I can try some altcoins. but I prefer to stay with Bitcoin. besides, Bitcoin is very Popular that most people in the World use it.
dewi91

Activity: 490

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 06:35:59 PM

yes bitcoin is the first crypto currency and it very important because of that bitcoin can survive until now and continue to increasing its value year by year and it make the price gap with another crypto currency are very large. bitcoin has a highest value of crypto and it make bitcoin has a big potential to give us a good profit.
baconlike

Activity: 308
Merit: 3

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 10:23:41 PM

The fact is that BTC pioneered all the other coins and it didn't loose its reputation and popularity and hence its adoption became superb. Also currently almost everything is in relation to Bitcoin's price. There are only a few coins that do not wait for a BTC pump before their price goes high.
In fact, BTC is the king of the Crypto market for a long time. We can not think of any coin that can replace the BTC. If predictions about BTC price, I think in the future prices will not be able to rise higher now, the price can only reach the $ 10000 level. Not higher, although the market is now only at $ 8000.

||   ICONIQ HOLDING   ||
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem, Powered by the ICNQ Token
hodlftw

Activity: 326
Merit: 104

Santa Coin

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 10:41:05 PM

Not only was that paramount but it is the sole reason I believe people prefer Bitcoin over any currency. It is called the network effect and it explains a lot about why Bitcoin remains #1, at least for me it does. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_effect

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: