Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:59:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Long term argument for bitcoin  (Read 5896 times)
AK47-

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 04:29:42 PM

Hello,

Most of you are confident with the long term for Bitcoin. Yet some altcoins has the same features so why are you so confident about bitcoin and not about litecoin instead?

I compared them and approximatevily the same assets!
The only difference is that bitcoin was the first, is it that important?
Because first mover advantage. You must have heard about Xerox, Pandora and even Apple. They all enjoy the first mover advantage and are making it big.

BTC being first in its era has huge community support. All its variants have nothing much to offer. Please thus stay with BTC. BTC is like a synonym to cryptos nowadays and also being a most widely used crypto in trading, BTC is hardly going to lose it value in near future to its slightly better variants.
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vzae

Activity: 431
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 04:33:24 PM

Very important to me, indeed they are both fellow cryptocurrency. But bitcoin has its own value, bitcoin is more popular and has been used widely by the public in completing a payment. and also bitcoin has a higher price than litecoin.
budiarmed
Copper Member

Activity: 381
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 05:18:00 PM

Hello,

Most of you are confident with the long term for Bitcoin. Yet some altcoins has the same features so why are you so confident about bitcoin and not about litecoin instead?

Bitcoin is the most trusted coin in crypto and bitcoin is also the main one in the market. Because bitcoin is the main choice, bitcoin will be able to survive in the long run and will be able to provide good profits.

───[ PointGenieCoin ]───
─────────────[  ⭐ ⭐ Make money with your Social Media Content ⭐ ⭐  ]─────────────
─────────────[  TWITTER    |    INSTAGRAM    |    TELEGRAM  ]─────────────
pokeronlinestatus

Activity: 455
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 07:04:54 AM

I think for the long term bitcoin does have a very high potential, but to achieve this there will be many cliffs and valleys that will be formed meaning that it requires strong mental and confidence to be able to benefit long-term bitcoin.

Yes you are right, the market prices is based on supply and demand so you should always think positive or read different speculations that will make your confidence stronger to hold you coins and that is how you will be gaining profit in tough times like now.
This is running for nine years of bitcoin and we hope this must be continuing for long time. pole is loving this coin and they are enhancing their life styles. This system is based on supply and demand rule. Basically, the price fluctuations are totally dependent on this rule. More people are coming in the field so demand in likely to get increased and thus prices jumps higher.
strtype

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 09:16:34 AM

Being the first cryptocurrency and being released like over a decade ago gives bitcoin upper hand don't you feel? No matter how good a coin that launches now is late to the tech. What Bitcoin did in 2009 is remarkable than what a coin can achieve in 2018 given we have better tools and better programming languages.
victoryana

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 03:47:43 AM

long-term investment, short-term investment, or medium-term investment that is the investor's plan we should have specific and clear strategies, so that our investment gains many advantages
BitRentXx

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 05:32:49 AM

I think bitcoin is well known, and has been used in every field.
When it comes to functionality, I think ETH is more powerful, but it costs one-tenth of bitcoin.

Don't worry that bitcoin is not popular, and if bitcoin dies, there will be no other cryptocurrency that will replace bitcoin.
no bitcoin there is no cryptocurrency
jcarlo

Activity: 798
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 06:55:43 AM

Hello,

Many altcoin have good project and potential in the future. But most investor choosing bitcoin because peoples think bitcoin is digital gold. Its store of value and have secure network.
amber deposit

Activity: 210
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 06:27:56 PM

Well as you can see, Bitcoin has been around more than all the altcoins which makes it a factor for it being more chose than the others. Also, Bitcoin has been the safest investment in the entire cryptocurrency space compared to other coins that have been created. Not only that, Bitcoin also has been use all over the world to transact money for all kinds of services or Bitcoin to fiat.
Irwandho

Activity: 83

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 06:53:16 PM

Bitcoin is the safest ..both long term and in crashes

I think on paper it's easy to say that all coins are similar, but one line of bad code can be a big loss and experience with bitcoin makes it clear that we won't have big problems easily. To conclude the coin doesn't really produce anything. Their value is based on trust and use. Bitcoin is widely used and this is what makes bitcoin more valuable than other crypto currencies. Bitcoin is better tested at higher volumes and over a longer period of time which makes bitcoin more reliable than other crypto currencies.
plankton66

Activity: 183

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 09:26:15 PM

as we all know not only because the first digital coin was created, but bitcoin has gained a lot of trust to be a profitable investment and its value will continue to grow.

although many altcoins are emerging with more sophisticated concepts and technologies compared to bitcoin, they are still untrustworthy for future prospects. because bitcoin takes a long time to be trusted as a good long-term investment.
snaper14

Activity: 243
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 10:09:18 PM

well the reason is that the whole market is dependent on btc and btc has the most dominance, so in order for the other to increase or decrease they have to wait for btc first which makes it the most secure and stable investment in crypto.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      BRIDGEX NETWORK      │      LEND · BORROW · CONVERT · SEND     ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Medium     Facebook     LinkedIn       ▄▄▄▄▄▄
Zabzab9

Activity: 60

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 02:32:53 AM

Hello,

I think this argument is very helpful for both sides. When the flames are keeping heated between them, innovators and their institutions find or work for development to improve their capacity. Thus, this development will be use to catch the attention and interest of the people in order to have their appreciation to the digital money in our society. It is very confident and challenging to have competitors rather than being alone.
satria33

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 03:06:47 AM

You can make it two assets, bitcoin and litecoin and I think litecoin is also pretty good, litecoin movement is slow but sure.
And I think bitcoin is a benchmark for all cryptocurrency.
interknit

Activity: 11

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 03:49:35 PM

If you are looking to gain influence over the Bitcoin protocol, Bitcoin Unlimited is what you want to follow. Bitcoin Unlimited is setting a precedent for changing the protocol in ways that violate the “unalienable rights” of Bitcoin users.
BitcoinMarshal

Activity: 756
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 04:12:26 PM

The major factor here would be the trust of the community. Many have trusted Bitcoin up until now in contrast with Litecoin. So people will definitely prefer Bitcoin who established strong trust with the people over Litecoin. It is true that other coins have better technologies but currently the market is only spinning itself around the profit and I can also say the greed. Maybe in the future some other coin will perceive the value of the Bitcoin but I highly doubt it.
shushu9977

Activity: 1121

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 04:27:59 PM

Hello,

Though Litecoin is a good coin, but Bitcoin is the best coin from the beginning and holding number one position.  Litecoin will have a good future, but Bitcoin is the most successful, trustful and reliant coin in the crypto-currency world.

┏━━━━━━━━JOIN TELEGRAM GROUP ━━━━━━━━━┓
▓▓▓▓▓▓ T o o  l K i t z A I - Break the Barrier ▓▓▓▓▓▓
┗━━━━━━━━━━━ T R Y  D E M O ━━━━━━━━━━━┛
Violettochka

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 08:01:29 PM

Yes it is very important that BTC was the first because it's the most popular and people are interested in it very much. It's not that we aren't sure that other coins are valuable, but we do now that BTC is definitely going to live.

Kamote_1102

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 09:37:53 PM

Well, All I can say that Bitcoin is the Best Coin among any others. Investors knew that investing in Bitcoin is the smartest thing to do. For sure they know about some altcoins having the same advantage as Bitcoin. But there can only be One Coin that will be on Top. That is the Bitcoin.

galundan9

Activity: 700

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 10:23:07 PM

This is not an important issue or not with which differences are created first, because each coin must have the concept and purpose of each of its development teams. there are many altcoins that have better potential than bitcoin but they cannot be as consistent as bitcoin which has provided guarantees for its growth and can be trusted by investors for profitable investments.

although many altcoins have a better potential than bitcoin but they cannot guarantee that they can continue to survive in the future and bitcoin will remain firm on top of being one of the best digital coins of all time.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: