Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:25:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Visit to BFL  (Read 5289 times)
minternj

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 11:47:02 PM

The guy who visited implied he has several Mini-Rig orders with one or more purchasing partners. It would imply he has a right to tap on their front glass at their offices to get answers....which he unfortunately got none....with the exception of a bad impression of a situation.

The man who visited also mentioned that those partners are clearly worried about their purchase and may pull the plug on it. Which means it would be extremely reasonable to try to assure those partners with a visit @ BFL offices. Which of course, didn't give him a positive impression.

As far as I can see, to make an appointment you'd need to contact BFL. Consider their email response times are now half a month in some cases. Who here can plan out with good accuracy whether they will or will not be in the neighborhood in a month? Schedules are tricky things...especially if he is from out of town. (which I assume he was)

Might want to re-read the post bud. He has zero orders with BFL. The last line said he will not order from BFL.

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 01:44:56 AM

The guy who visited implied he has several Mini-Rig orders with one or more purchasing partners. It would imply he has a right to tap on their front glass at their offices to get answers....which he unfortunately got none....with the exception of a bad impression of a situation.

The man who visited also mentioned that those partners are clearly worried about their purchase and may pull the plug on it. Which means it would be extremely reasonable to try to assure those partners with a visit @ BFL offices. Which of course, didn't give him a positive impression.

As far as I can see, to make an appointment you'd need to contact BFL. Consider their email response times are now half a month in some cases. Who here can plan out with good accuracy whether they will or will not be in the neighborhood in a month? Schedules are tricky things...especially if he is from out of town. (which I assume he was)

Might want to re-read the post bud. He has zero orders with BFL. The last line said he will not order from BFL.
That is not what I understood nor does he seem to imply he has no order.

In either case, it is not ultimately relevant.

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/2523-how-many-units-you-actually-shipping-per-day-moment.html
ScaryHash

Activity: 529
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 02:06:42 AM

BFL has been clearly beaten to market, and they are losing the PR battle as well.

Any company that takes your money for what is effectively an alpha first run product, with hardware bugs, is basically living on borrowed time.

It's a no brainer.
minternj

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 02:16:54 AM

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/2523-how-many-units-you-actually-shipping-per-day-moment.html

"As for myself, on the basis of today's interview, I will not be ordering from BFL."

Direct quote.

Seems like his partners have orders. It does matter because like i've said in other BFL threads, why do people who do not have orders with BFL make hte biggest stink about bfl? Those who do have orders can beef all they want.

edit: well maybe not all they want, the same friggin beefs over and over gets old. original, creative beefin' allowed.

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 03:01:48 AM

"As for myself, on the basis of today's interview, I will not be ordering from BFL."

Direct quote.

Seems like his partners have orders. It does matter because like i've said in other BFL threads, why do people who do not have orders with BFL make hte biggest stink about bfl? Those who do have orders can beef all they want.

edit: well maybe not all they want, the same friggin beefs over and over gets old. original, creative beefin' allowed.
I am becoming a BFL customer, they simply HAVE-TO-SHIP-FIRST. If I put money down on the table I need to see progress and orders flowing out.

Also it does not matter whether someone currently has, had (past tense) or does not currently have an order, they still get the same treatment. I have seen Josh curse out multi-thousand dollar customers despite having orders. (CoinHoarder I think was a good example)

----------------------------

This is what BFL would look like if they were a restaurant:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6LY7TJ16pg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQDtoHpAWhg

Watch the first 5 minutes to get a good inkling of their business practices being remarkably similar.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 03:19:21 AM

BFL has been clearly beaten to market, and they are losing the PR battle as well.

Any company that takes your money for what is effectively an alpha first run product, with hardware bugs, is basically living on borrowed time.

It's a no brainer.

Avalon just released the first segments of their design. This means that there will probably be clones by OEM's in a few weeks.

Has BFL shipped (2%) yet? Nah. Still waiting.
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 06:45:36 AM

It's a no brainer.

This ^. BFL implosion is imminent if they can't get more suckers to preorder to pay for current preorder customers that have been waiting months and almost a year now.

BE CAREFUL INVESTING WITH BFL. YOU MAY LOSE ALL OF YOUR INVESTMENT.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 06:49:04 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6LY7TJ16pg

Watch the first 5 minutes to get a good inkling of their business practices being remarkably similar.

Wow that video is the ESSENCE of what BFL is.

WOW JUST WOW. LOL Josh you guys took notes from these guys huh? haha Tongue

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 06:56:07 AM

It's a no brainer.

Avalon just released the first segments of their design. This means that there will probably be clones by OEM's in a few weeks.

Wouldn't be surprised to see BFL use AVALON's chips to satisfy order lol.....

FUCKING HILARIOUS

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Foofighter

Activity: 882
Merit: 547

BTC Mining Hardware, Trading and more

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 06:58:05 AM

lol that would be hiarious , true xD

ex official Canaan Distributor (Cryptouniverse)
noedaRDH

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Finding Satoshi

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 07:29:53 AM

Let's get Gordon Ramsey into Bitcoins... he'd pay a visit to BFL and smack Josh in the back of his head so fast...

1NwGKiLcAngD1KiCCivxT6EDJmyXMGqM9q

Ask not what Bitcoin can do for you - ask what you can do for Bitcoin.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 07:31:46 AM

Wouldn't be surprised to see BFL use AVALON's chips to satisfy order lol.....

FUCKING HILARIOUS

I've been predicting that for months.  I stipulated it in a bet with somebody how/if/when BFL ships since I didn't want to lose on a technicality such as that.

At least now with proven open source technology becoming available there is a glimmer of hope that BFL customers might one day get something which can hash.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 07:40:29 AM

Pride will be hurt so bad. I think it is possible BFL/Josh may not bring themselves to use their competition's chips to ship their almost 1 year preorders that are still UNSHIPPED.

Time will tell...tick tock

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 07:46:33 AM

Pride will be hurt so bad. I think it is possible BFL/Josh may not bring themselves to use their competition's chips to ship their almost 1 year preorders that are still UNSHIPPED.

Time will tell...tick tock

It would probably get some monkeys off their backs in a legal sense.  They are already almost certain to be a giant FAIL with respect to performance predictions.  They may as well buy some Block Erupters from ~friedcat and say that they delivered something.  It would be hilarious if a 'SC' ended up being a cardboard box full of USB sticks Smiley

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Red_Evil

Activity: 1484
Merit: 500

Across The Universe

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 08:25:35 AM

sure BFL bought some sticjs from friencat fo the jala
iikun
Legendary

Activity: 1062

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 09:27:08 AM

sure BFL bought some sticjs from friencat fo the jala

LMAO!
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 09:45:44 AM

It's a no brainer.

Weeks? http://store.avalon-asics.com/?product=avalon-asic-chips-10000 My 500+ chips will take minimum 8 weeks at least longer to get to me from the drop site in the US. Then hoping that BKKcoins has a winning board ready I can either buy his or use his open design to have boards READY here in Indonesia and reflow the chips to the boards. Time tick tick tick.

So actually 2 months minimum more likely 2.5 to 3 months but "weeks" sounds sexier though. If I get something running in what July... I will be happy. August still happy... September still happy.

Nice to see the BFL customers are taking it in a calm way though.

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/1860-we-just-got-fucked-avalon-selling-tons-asics-chips-~25%24-per-gigahash-~6w-ghs-2.html

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 01:53:39 PM

I'm surprised Josh has not nuked that entire thread from orbit in a fit of rage.

I'm pretty much willing to bet that I'll received my 20 Erupter USB sticks before my day one BFL Single SC 60 GH/s unit pre-order ships.

Pathetic.
||bit

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 02:55:04 PM

I don't find the office visit in the OP as alarming. If he only got as much information as was put out in the BFL forums, then that just tells me that they are simply consistent. From it, my impression of BFL has not changed for the better or worse.

As for the person maybe seeming rigid or cold, that is just one of the possible personalities one could expect from meeting a random (non-customer representative) person at any company. Even though I appreciate his attempt to squeeze out some info, he did arrive unexpectedly. Nice try, I suppose.
FreedomCoin

Activity: 675
Merit: 507

Freedom to choose

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 03:15:39 PM

I don't find the office visit in the OP as alarming. If he only got as much information as was put out in the BFL forums, then that just tells me that they are simply consistent. From it, my impression of BFL has not changed for the better or worse.

As for the person maybe seeming rigid or cold, that is just one of the possible personalities one could expect from meeting a random (non-customer representative) person at any company. Even though I appreciate his attempt to squeeze out some info, he did arrive unexpectedly. Nice try, I suppose.

I agree, thank you going to BFL OP.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: