Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:35:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you give bitcoin as a wedding gift?
Yes - 168 (66.7%)
No - 72 (28.6%)
I don't care - 12 (4.8%)
Total Voters: 252

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you give bitcoin as a wedding gift?  (Read 17929 times)
daenarys_stormborn

Activity: 756
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 01:25:42 AM

of course yes, but with the condition your partner must understand about bitcoin, otherwise your partner will assume you are giving a useless thing...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Piesel

Activity: 672
Merit: 273

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 01:41:00 AM

This is a great idea and I think that bitcoin will become the most desired gift among the many newlyweds. This is a wonderful gift that does not depreciate, but on the contrary will bring profit in the future.
Yes, it has to be the great gift. However, the bride and groom must have interest in Bitcoin and know how to use it. If they don't know anything about Bitcoin, it will be trash. On the contrary, If the bride and groom are Bitcoiners, for sure that it will be the best gift ever.
8Habits

Merit: 294

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 11:01:11 AM

This is a great idea and I think that bitcoin will become the most desired gift among the many newlyweds. This is a wonderful gift that does not depreciate, but on the contrary will bring profit in the future.
Yes, it has to be the great gift. However, the bride and groom must have interest in Bitcoin and know how to use it. If they don't know anything about Bitcoin, it will be trash. On the contrary, If the bride and groom are Bitcoiners, for sure that it will be the best gift ever.

When the newly wed couple have no idea about bitcoin, that is the best part checking their reactions when you introduce bitcoin to them and how the price of bitcoin is going on. and that bitcoin is really a good investment to have.
Ejanend

Activity: 460
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 12:41:49 PM

It is a good idea but don’t you think it will be very expensive to gift it LOL. No doubt it is the best thing that we can give to a new life making couple because if they will get bitcoin even without struggle at the very beginning of new life then they will get a very relaxed life till the end so it is said by my mom! According me as well it is good to provide something good for their life and they will be able to buy something they need of their own choice instead of having an unwanted gift.

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
Superways

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 11:31:27 PM

Yeah, it’s a good idea to give bit coin as a wedding gift to anyone as it will be to most unique gift to someone that will not lose its worth with the passage of time rather will give some profit to its owner. It can help the newly wed couples in the hour of need, they can save it for the time being and can sell out when needed.
pathapoddo

Activity: 448

CRYPTOCITIZEN $CCASH

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 04:27:53 AM

If it can be done,  I will try it. But I don't think so it can be happened in our country.

⎔ CRYPTOCITIZEN ┇ RULE & EARN 【 $CCASH 】
MMO RPG METAVERSE ON BSC ┇ FIGHT  • •  DRAG RACE  • •  EARN
➥ TELEGRAM ➥ TWITTER ➥ TWITCH ➥ WEBSITE  • • 【 WEBSITE 】
Tahsin Kabir Kollol

Activity: 1610
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 05:23:24 PM

Its thoroughly relies upon the couple.Because the vast majority of the general population don't know about the Bitcoin.If the couple are known about Bitcoin and how to utilize it ,at that point you can give it as a wedding gift.It is truly a decent and interesting idea.On the other hand in the event that they don't know about Bitcoin,then it will move toward becoming foolishness.However Bitcoin as a gift is more valuable than the others.

Aufar

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 05:45:13 PM

this is a very interesting thing when it happens and it is my dream that it is time for the bitcoin that I will make as a wedding gift and I am very proud of my future friends will accept it.
nesh1

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 05:45:31 PM

It would be great to give your wife/husband bitcoin as a wedding gift it will make profit in the future when they need it and you are not there at the moment.

But i think you need to tell them all about bitcoin earlier because if they wont understand it it will be difficult for them.
boyptc

Activity: 2996
Merit: 680

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 05:48:53 PM

Since my girlfriend knows what bitcoin is. I'm sure of that she's going to be happy when I gave her a bitcoin as my wedding gift. Imagine a $4,000 coin value? And it can even grow in the future so it's going to be an amazing feeling and gift for her. And anything that I gave to her is being appreciated and I like that attitude of her.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
doublebit21

Activity: 173

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 05:53:13 PM

Some tech-savvy wedding-goers are gifting the digital currency to new couples. Honeyfund, a honeymoon registry that allows guests to give cash rather than gifts, has seen more than a dozen customers donate in bitcoin, said chief executive officer and co-founder Sara Margulis. In recent years, more than a dozen customers have chosen to route donations to the site from bitcoin wallets. Zola, a wedding registry website, has had just two cash funds created for bitcoins since 2013, a spokeswoman said. "I would expect it to pop more as millennials come into the wedding age,” Honeyfund’s Margulis said. “It’s something you will do if your friends and family are already into bitcoin.

Bitcoin as an retirement plan, bitcoin to secure the future of your kids, and now bitcoin as a wedding gift. Whether or not bitcoin replaces cash in future, it looks like the trend of gifting bitcoin instead of cash at weddings is definitely going to catch up and more wedding registeries would be adding bitcoin as a gifting option.

Avoid using a wedding gift "as an opportunity to proselytize a technology you personally believe in, but the recipient could not care less about."

People who are not into bitcoin might not appreciate getting a volatile currency as a gift, and might never use it, thus adding it to the list of lost coins, but I think people who are already using bitcoin or would most probably use it in future then bitcoin instead of cash is the apt wedding gift for them.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/would-you-give-bitcoin-as-a-wedding-gift-2017-06-27

It depends on the couple if they know bitcoin. Why not? But this idea is somehow weird. Well how can you gift bitcoin on a wedding ceremony and also on the reception. Mostly we know that in wedding party we give material things as gift for the couple. Looks so weird to me. But maybe good idea for couple who uses bitcoin as their living. Smiley
soplo

Activity: 123
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 06:17:30 PM

this is very interesting and surely many people are surprised when I do it and can be a very interesting moment hopefully will happen and this is my dream Grin
EddieNigma

Activity: 93

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 07:12:46 PM

It really depends on the couple. It's a little awkward to give them BTC if they don't really know what it is or they aren't fans. I'd probably give them something off their registry and just talk to them about Bitcoin at some later date if I cared enough to share it with them.
 Of course if they are Crypto enthusiast then it is a really nice gift.
Mister1k

Activity: 896
Merit: 520

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 07:34:51 PM

It really depends on the couple. It's a little awkward to give them BTC if they don't really know what it is or they aren't fans. I'd probably give them something off their registry and just talk to them about Bitcoin at some later date if I cared enough to share it with them.

Please don't do that. For wedding you need to get the useful things and some precious gift to them. Since bitcoin is precious but however it is a money to utilize for all our need only, hence it is not consider as gift and all. If your friend is indeed of money in marriage occasion help him like giving the bitcoin else don't go with that.
Youghoor

Activity: 1036
Merit: 275

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 07:36:51 PM

I dont like that idea.. it is just the same as giving your girlfriend $4300 dollars for just being your girlfriend, it is just the same, only that you are giving her a coin that has that value.
I dont like it, it would be better to give something more important, but less valuable.. If you finish with your girlfriend, you lost that money, and he wont apreciate it.
That is why i never liked to gift money to anyone.
A Feeder

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 07:42:47 PM

Please don't do that. For wedding you need to get the useful things and some precious gift to them. Since bitcoin is precious but however it is a money to utilize for all our need only, hence it is not consider as gift and all. If your friend is indeed of money in marriage occasion help him like giving the bitcoin else don't go with that.
He's right, it depends on either of the couple know bitcoin and if they need money after the marriage but if either of them doesn't know bitcoin and doesn't really need money then it's probably appropriate to give things rather than money. For example, if you can give 10,000$ to them then it's better to buy something to it like a car or something. But I don't really think that giving bitcoin or money is appropriate to be given as gifts for newly Wed's.
8Habits

Merit: 294

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 07:15:12 AM

Sure.

But ... certainly only limited to friends who use bitcoin only.

It doesn't necessarily have to be limited to friends who use bitcoin only, though it may be hard giving bitcoin to someone who has no single idea what you have given them and preferably better when given to someone who will appreciate it much better but you can actually use it to draw someone in on the knowledge of what bitcoin is all about. That makes it a +1.
Bitcoin is definitely going to be on top and I think in coming days it is going to be an option for giving Bitcoins to married people as a gift but people should accept it. The demand for Bitcoin is kept increasing so people who are aware of Bitcoin will surely accept Bitcoin as their Wedding gift.

There are still many people who have no any idea about bitcoin and it is actually a good sign because it means, we are with bitcoin up to its rising further.. And when many people will going to like and love the idea of bitcoins and they will start investing on it, then we are on the right position to gain a lot. I think it is more exciting more newly wed couple who have no idea about bitcoin and they will be given some for a gift.
David Hoggs

Activity: 67

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 07:37:20 AM

No, Wedding Gift should be something memorable and I dont think it is good to give it as a wedding gift as it is only a money after all, which no one will not even remember after it is spend away. Wedding Gift should be something special and useful for our lover.
willamddmaddy

Activity: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 07:39:57 AM

I personally don't like the idea. Everyone does not understand about crypto currency. So they may it as garbage or joke.
newfix

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 08:16:07 AM

Is really a good idea, because for me, bitcoin is an investment long time, so you can give a gift, that cost like 1000$, but in 5 year it can grow up to 5000$
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: