Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 03:54:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 152 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Bitcoin End World Poverty?  (Read 62993 times)
megynacuna

Activity: 756
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 10:05:33 PM

Definitely NOT, well it is impossible because poor one don't even have a gadget and an internet connection. Well it will be possible if someone will provide them pc and internet connection or another is when all the bitcoin users will give their money to the poor.
Earning of bitcoin indeed requires good internet connection along with pc. It is not possible for the poor to afford buying of laptop or anything like that. As far as poverty is concerned, I think of bitcoin as the best thing which can play a very vital role in eliminating poverty from this world. Though, it is not at all possible for bitcoin to eliminate poverty entirely but still it is contributing a lot.

I think ikt can reduce poverty to select few but not the whiole world, there are still under privileged ones who do not have electricity, computer water and whathaveyou and so these guys cannot access internet and bitcoin just yet, until their fortunes change to some extent.
omerchip

Activity: 268
Merit: 109

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2017, 10:48:26 PM

Of course it cant end the poverty.anything cant end the poverty.if people become a richer the less rich people calls poor them.rich and poor societies has been separated since the early ages and the main two sections always follow the human beings.

Ishika0207

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 01:21:58 AM

I don't think so it's is possible.  Bitcoin is not a magical sword that would cut the poverty.
Bitcoin is a crypto currency it is gain by those who have already a income.  And or those who are mining it.
Infact I don't think it will make any effect on poverty. 
Poverty is a way different concept.
It has become a part that has to remove need a lot of strict attempts.  And which can't be possible only be the efforts of government.  So I don't think bitcoin will make any difference in poverty.
nelsledma

Activity: 572
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 08:50:43 AM

I feel for me bitcoin is just a forex, poverty is not based on forex but in reality how they will get a currency. If they are hardworking individuals then they could end up their own poverty but if not bitcoin cant help with them.
Bitcoin is no doubt a very good way of earning money not only for the ones who owns bitcoin but also for the ones who are working on signature campaign as well. The fact is it is not at possible for the bitcoin alone to end the poverty of this entire world. Still, there are only few who knows about bitcoin. Bitcoin alone cannot eliminate world poverty.
jonatuzc

Activity: 854
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 09:15:31 AM

Actually,reading your post an idea came my mind.We distribute all the old smartphones to poor people,or enable them an easy access to internet.
That way ,if you feel generous enough you can,at every moment,donate some of your cryptocurrency money directly to someone in need.
How amazing would that be,and I always hated all those charity organisations getting rich off of commissions.
Now you can directly and instantly make someone's life better and actually communicate with them.How awesome times we live in.
It sounds more of an ideal world that people wish to have but not willing to build. We live in a world here people play with the lives of others for the sake of money, we live in a world where money is praised more than love and care. I like your idea but the truth is it is not going to happen and this world cannot get rid of poverty because some people just care about themselves.
Star_Bucks

Activity: 263
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 09:20:28 AM

I also think that it is possible that bitcoin will end the world poverty someday but still we can not predict what the future hold. Based on what is happening nowadays, you may clearly conclude that the day that bitcoin will end world poverty is still very far. What happened to China may affect this matter knowing that bitcoin is one of the biggest mining country of bitcoin but good thing bitcoin has recovered once again.
Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1059

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 10:29:35 AM

Actually,reading your post an idea came my mind.We distribute all the old smartphones to poor people,or enable them an easy access to internet.
That way ,if you feel generous enough you can,at every moment,donate some of your cryptocurrency money directly to someone in need.
How amazing would that be,and I always hated all those charity organisations getting rich off of commissions.
Now you can directly and instantly make someone's life better and actually communicate with them.How awesome times we live in.

I think there's just a lot more things to address before you go and put a global internet for people. For example, there are places where people don't have potable water (or drinkable water). That is needed to survive daily life. I think that if you had the money to implement what you're thinking of, then you should also have enough money to put these people in a better area, in an area where there's good water. Another thing, there are places where the land is just no good at all. You can't plant a tree, and so animals can't live there. Plants are dead, so livestock is also dead. It's just a matter of time before all these people die. They are barely living and yet your answer was to give them an Internet and a smartphone. Even with that device, do they know how to read? Are their brains nourished enough in order to learn all these? Remember that malnutrition comes with consequences, it affects the body and the mind.

If you don't like charity organizations, then maybe go to the place itself and donate what you want to donate but I do think there are places where massive donations are illegal or donations are not accepted at all (even without the law).

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

Nybhelle

Activity: 20

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 12:52:29 PM

One of the biggest problem in every country is poverty,and not all country know or familiar about bitcoin.And i don't even think that bitcoin can end poverty in the world.Many people have no enough money to buy foods and even a comfortable shelter.How can they afford to buy some gadgets and to have interternet connection for bitcoin.Maybe bitcoin can lessen the rate of unemployment and to some people need a extra income but can't end the poverty.Only the government and the people on every nation can solve the biggest problem of the economy.
RoronoaJorah

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 12:56:46 PM

I don't think bitcoin will end poverty of any country. Only selected people can use bitcoin, like here in my country, there are too many poor people here and they don't have access to the world wide web, so how can bitcoin help them and how can they know bitcoin if they don't even know how to use a computer. too many people here in our country are under graduate or sometimes don't even know how to read and write.
advjump

Activity: 33

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 01:04:57 PM

While bitcoin has the potential to at least alleviate poverty, it cannot fully end poverty since not all people from the marginalized sector have access of the internet. Also, the most basic way of earning btc is through joining campaign signatures, which requires someone who has knowledge and who is literate enough to make constructive posts. But if they have the determination and drive to engage with it, then the quest to end poverty starts there.
Engand

Activity: 27

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 10:22:47 PM

Poverty is a large situation of the culture it means having men and women in your nation who doesn't have the capacity to support their fundamental demands folks who are not fiscally steady..bitcoin is just a currency the only variation is that is a crypto but in contrast to other currencies it evolve by demand and source I don't think it can aid fix poverty specially understanding the fact that it can only be used employing net which not everyone has the prospect and understanding to use
Afnan_faizah

Activity: 798
Merit: 178

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 10:31:20 PM

Poverty is a large situation of the culture it means having men and women in your nation who doesn't have the capacity to support their fundamental demands folks who are not fiscally steady..bitcoin is just a currency the only variation is that is a crypto but in contrast to other currencies it evolve by demand and source I don't think it can aid fix poverty specially understanding the fact that it can only be used employing net which not everyone has the prospect and understanding to use
Bitcoin is just currency, yes that's right. The government wich has stronger power can manipulate their currency and makes disadvantage for another countries. Bitcoin is not controled by government so it makes the prices is grow in nature that only depend on supply and demand. So I think bitcoin can end world poverty by protect the users from inflation and government control.  Bitcoin also become very good investment that give the user benefits.

Sepertinya sudah waktunya, kalau menurut saya lebih baik lump sum sekarang. 30/01/2024.
lienfaye

Activity: 2954
Merit: 629

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 10:49:21 PM

I don't think bitcoin will end poverty of any country. Only selected people can use bitcoin, like here in my country, there are too many poor people here and they don't have access to the world wide web, so how can bitcoin help them and how can they know bitcoin if they don't even know how to use a computer. too many people here in our country are under graduate or sometimes don't even know how to read and write.

Thats true, not everyone knows bitcoin and many people are not fortunate to have a computer or gadgets to access internet.

Because of this few reasons, bitcoin cant end poverty in the world however it can help every users to make their lives better by working on it.

Bitcoin is just a currency but it can give us opportunity and thats how we can make our lives better. We need to strive to make this possible.

Deathgamer

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 04:52:19 AM

In my own point of view.if all the people know how to use bitcoin and hot earn here in this site there is a posibility that poverty will be lessen because they will all earn money but as of now there are only few people who knows bitcoin but looking forward that all the people will know how to use bitcoin so that they will all earn money and specially end world poverty.
adiksau0414

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 05:31:25 AM

Yes it will but with some factors. Some of the poor country doesnt have a reliable internet connection for them to have transaction. Also,  not all of the population have an access to internet nor have access to electronic devices.  Still if this people want to free their self in poverty, well nothing will stop them

okala

Activity: 980
Merit: 114

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 06:47:36 AM

If our governments can allows bitcoin be, I do believe that bitcoin can reduced or completely wipe out poverty from our society . Inflation is the couse of poverty in our society and inflation is couse by fiat and political self agradaizment. Many third world countries are in poverty today because they leaders used the fiat systems to steal and loot they treasury. Bitcoin will resolve this issue and poverty will be no more.
Bitcoinjheta

Activity: 798
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 07:15:08 AM

If our governments can allows bitcoin be, I do believe that bitcoin can reduced or completely wipe out poverty from our society . Inflation is the couse of poverty in our society and inflation is couse by fiat and political self agradaizment. Many third world countries are in poverty today because they leaders used the fiat systems to steal and loot they treasury. Bitcoin will resolve this issue and poverty will be no more.

Bitcoin can help people improve their financial income however it can never end the world poverty since not all poor have access to internet. Most people who enjoys the benefit of bitcoin are the ones who are educated enough and has the resources to buy gadgets and computers.
Kisanaq

Activity: 700
Merit: 277

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 08:13:52 AM

I think poverty is a serious problem in the economy so it must be resolved, the world war is caused because of the problem of poverty so as to make many people not be patient. the presence of bitcoin can be a solution to overcome poverty.
m!llar

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 08:47:54 AM

NO and it is in the other side if bitcoin price Keep rise it will be for rich only
poverty is global problem will be solve only if you apply many taxes from rich and pay it to poor only not like government do now (poor pay and rich collect more money )
Bellator

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 10:00:33 AM

While bitcoin has the potential to at least alleviate poverty, it cannot fully end poverty since not all people from the marginalized sector have access of the internet. Also, the most basic way of earning btc is through joining campaign signatures, which requires someone who has knowledge and who is literate enough to make constructive posts. But if they have the determination and drive to engage with it, then the quest to end poverty starts there.
Poverty occupies as a never ending problem in the whole world but with the help of bitcoin it will reduce less fortunate people.Well it can't be solve poverty as a second. It needs time to let bitcoin be known and evolve all around the world.BTC is a great help and must be recognize.

Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 152 »
  Print  

Jump to: