Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:18:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WALL Observer : BTC/USD price tracking and discussion (Phoenix Revision).  (Read 9873 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10225

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 08:27:38 PM

1) Gifs/Meme allowed (please use "img width=300" to 600).
2) Multi-quote too long will be deleted (don't be lazy ... prune your quote).
3) ALTS are forbidden, use the right section for this (post will be deleted).
4) Gifs/Meme not linked to discussion will be deleted (be smart, play the game with others).
5) Links not related to subject will be deleted (OK, you see the goal ? The title of this thread !)

What's a wall thread ? Here is an explain :
http://www.investopedia.com/news/buy-and-sell-walls-cryptocurrencies-bitcoin-ethereum-ether-ripple/

I understand that blatant shilling of alts is forbidden but... Any reference to them is forbidden? Is it allowed when it is related to the price of Bitcoin? ie: *censored* market cap grows over Bitcoin and that causes a crash... or the oppossite, *censored* crash hard and bitcoin moons... can we comment those movements?

Or... When Segwit signaling keeps growing and is clear it will pass, can we reference how *censored* mooned when the same happenned and compare the two graphs, etc...

TL;DR; Any reference to altcoins is estrictly forbidden or does it depends on its context and relevant price influence over Bitcoin?

P.S.: I don't observe any relevant walls at this moment.

I agree that we may need some clarification of the intent to enforce some of these "tightening" rules.

And, yeah, regarding alt discussions, I can understand if someone is coming in to merely pump some stupid-ass alt, yet this is getting really confusing in recent times, because there are really decent, even though sometimes ambiguous connections of bitcoin's price movements, and especially ETH... sure, at first that stupid ass shit coin had little relevance to bitcoin's price movements, but in recent times it is considerably connected - sometimes moving in correlation, sometimes opposite and sometimes extreme.. which is also connected with some ICO's that can cause a considerable amount of disruption in the space but end up affecting bitcoin price movements and even potentialities (speculation) in price movements.

Regarding length of quotes, I seem to be guilty as charged when it comes to overquoting.. and therefore, I can understand why these quoting of the full post might be irksome, but some times it seems necessary for context. Anyhow, since the link is likely in the quoted portion, then maybe it is just a matter of getting used to.  I just sometimes have a problem that someone makes a comment, and then we do not know the context or from where is the reference, and sometimes it may be better just to have the quote right there in that post in  order that the reader can know the reference.   

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rjclarke2000
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1016

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 08:29:13 PM

I am just pleased me can all share a load of shit once again on the same thread. Thanks meuh.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 08:31:11 PM

Tightenering of the rules in progress ...
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1991115.0

This already feels like a dictatorship... did Big Daddy Bitcoin thought you to be like this?? Where is the spirit of freedom and breaking the rules?? Showing the finger to the banksters!  Roll Eyes (moderators) .. Cheesy Cheesy

Frequently, I don't agree with you SaveT_R_F, but you making a very good point... loose the goose, and loose the bitcoin  and loose the rules.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
savetherainforest

Activity: 1848
Merit: 609

Plant 1xTree for each Satoshi earned!

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 08:59:46 PM
Last edit: June 29, 2017, 09:20:08 PM by savetherainforest

Tightenering of the rules in progress ...
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1991115.0

This already feels like a dictatorship... did Big Daddy Bitcoin thought you to be like this?? Where is the spirit of freedom and breaking the rules?? Showing the finger to the banksters!  Roll Eyes (moderators) .. Cheesy Cheesy

Frequently, I don't agree with you SaveT_R_F, but you making a very good point... loose the goose, and loose the bitcoin  and loose the rules.

To be honest those shill new accounts that ppl make... and those people that come to spread rumors and decay & despair are actually fun most of the time!  Grin  Cheesy

*edit: I come here mostly because the collective consciousness that works well when new things or news appears that is too hard to find from my perspective. Because some things you can get from the numerous wiki-ies info websites, but not other information, factual things about specific circumstances! Smiley ... And the entertainment ofc... most forums are active because of entertainment! (I'm a simple man... I like memes! Cheesy ) ... Anyway... there could be more.

And u can short me with #STRF or @STRF ... its easier to type that. Smiley
bitserve
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1464

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 09:39:01 PM

The thing is I liked WO exactly as it was. Does that mean I liked every content? No. That I agreed with all opinions? Of course not!

It's the diversity of opinions and topics (some times only indirectly related to the main subject) that I liked the most.

I will never be in a forum or "discussion" where we all agree on everything. There's no learning possible in that situation and thus pointless for me.

I do agree that most of the time we were NOT talking about walls as the title and rules of the thread would suggest.

I understand that for the participants of WO that were ONLY interested in STRICT Wall Observing, the actual content of the thread was probably a PITA for them as they would prefer a thread with only a couple posts every few days (when walls are spotted nowadays).

Maybe a possible solution would be (as theymos suggested) moving the classic WO with all its previous content to offtopic section so that it can go on exactly as it was and leave this thread for strict Wall Observing? That way people can choose what way to go and time will tell which is the preferred choice... or just simply happily coexist both alternatives.

19VBmRQVqrtNTGiwngZutwREagcKxJgVZM
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 5041

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 10:12:02 PM

Looking at the 6h. Price needs to break 2600 here forcefully and with volume, otherwise will bounce lower.

Ok boys, let's get on with speculation. This happened exactly as I said it would, price failed to bust through 2600 and is now moving lower.

Anyone wanna speculate where the price goes next?
steelboy

Activity: 756
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 10:22:23 PM

Looking at the 6h. Price needs to break 2600 here forcefully and with volume, otherwise will bounce lower.

Ok boys, let's get on with speculation. This happened exactly as I said it would, price failed to bust through 2600 and is now moving lower.

I speculate  that 2600 will be broken tomorrow and then a $50 dollar jump within 24 hours
Meuh6879 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 10:39:47 PM

StockRSI indicate ... a pump in the near future.
And Volume indicate that they don't have any fuel to purge more.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 11:04:53 PM

At some point, I may have to eat my hat, but I think it is too early to call a failure to break above $2600, even though technically you are correct, for the moment...   Tongue Tongue

The current price range seems to be about $2400 to $2700... Let's see which we are going to break?   Up or down?.. But at the moment we are in the middle of the range..  .

Maybe we are both correct, but just framing the question a little bit differently?  hahahahaha.. otherwise, if we end up breaking down, below $2400. then I might give $2600 to you...  Cool

HI-TEC99
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 2846

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 11:06:45 PM

I speculate  that 2600 will be broken tomorrow and then a $50 dollar jump within 24 hours

I speculate that the price will ping pong between $2500 and $2600 for the whole of the next week. After all the volatility we are due some stability.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 11:27:26 PM

I speculate that the price will ping pong between $2500 and $2600 for the whole of the next week. After all the volatility we are due some stability.

I understand that posters frequently are wishing for price "stability", but your range is way too narrow, Hi-tech, and we have way too much ongoing trade volume - so it is not going to be easy to keep the price in such a tight range.. for such a long period of time.   Sure, it could happen, but there is just too much going on... and like it or not, even the trade volume in the various alts is remaining out of control and one way or another are going to have an affect on BTC prices.  I don't know which way, but I just think that the odds of flat is one of the least likely of the possibilities, at the moment.

Meuh6879 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 11:33:52 PM

Remember to short the QUOTES.

- keep the last sentence of the QUOTE.
- the date in the QUOTE is the marker (link) to retrieve the initial message.

---

Rise of the rules in progress (Enforcement).
Stay in the subject.
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 5041

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 01:55:41 AM
Last edit: June 30, 2017, 02:22:54 AM by Torque

I'm kinda feeling the same, that we're going to stay in a narrow range for a while. Actually I think between $2400 and $2600. Seems like 'someone' wants to extend things out as long as possible until... August?

I can't imagine why.  /s
CoinHeavy

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 01:56:53 AM

For anyone interested, Theymos has posted a poll regarding what to do with the Wall Obs. situation:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1993570.0
kurious
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1643

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 08:07:20 AM

---

Stay in the subject.

Is that what you have been asked to do, or what you want - I really don't think (unless it's excessive) it is a problem. Sometimes a long arument needs quoting in full to show how it developed.  Unless it's an argument with JJG of course ;-)

I really don't want excess moderation, the WO was legendary because of its anarchy (and in spite of it) please let's keep it laissez faire..?

The only moderation I would really like to see is one against neo-nazi anti-semitism.  This is IMO unnacceptable. All else, even trolling is part of the show.

We are grown ups - please respect that and save yourself a lot of stress?  

I will observe the thread in the hope it is as relaxed (in general) as before and respects Adm's legacy, which was to create one of the most amazing threads on the internet.

我想要火箭和火车
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 08:17:15 AM

---

Stay in the subject.

Sometimes a long arument needs quoting in full to show how it developed.  Unless it's an argument with JJG of course ;-) 

I should be treated like everyone else.    Cry Cry Cry

hazukison

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

Donate --> 15B6eKDUmjbV21Ujwj32HCX7qctCeSuzyi

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 08:32:04 AM

I speculate  that 2600 will be broken tomorrow and then a $50 dollar jump within 24 hours

Tomorrows here. $2520 atm. (23h in xD it was at 2550 last time I looked yesterday)

Mature student aging rapidly
15B6eKDUmjbV21Ujwj32HCX7qctCeSuzyi
Meuh6879 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 10:37:55 AM

Sometimes a long arument needs quoting in full to show how it developed.

Good : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=178336.340820

Bad : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=178336.309820
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 01:01:10 PM

Using Bitstamp it looks like we are hovering around $2550.For other exchanges the price may be different but the chart pretty much looks the same. Everyone is waiting for some news or happening.Right now no one is really willing to buy or to sell. Furthermore we are in symmetrical triangle. I hope with SegWit getting locked and activated in August we will breakout north and trying to go for $3000 again.

ShroomsKit_Disgrace
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 01:07:06 PM

I hope with SegWit getting locked and activated in August we will breakout north and trying to go for $3000 again.

I have seen this reasoning a lot. I wonder why almost everyone here assumes that it will break the triangle north and not south...At the moment I am 50%-50% and I have no balls to sell or buy more until it is broken.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: