Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:53:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Russia] Burger King to accept Bitcoin this summer!  (Read 5849 times)
Captimiz

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

Hoqu.io – Decentralized Affiliate platform

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 05:22:51 PM

Really good news for bitcoins, would really help raise awareness if they put a banner in their store saying "now accepting bitcoins". But, are the customers going to have to wait for a confirmation before getting their burger? If yes, how many confirmations?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sex Video Chat VKcams.com

Activity: 490
Merit: 252

http://VKcams.com/

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 05:25:45 PM
Last edit: June 30, 2017, 05:43:45 PM by Sex Video Chat VKcams.com

If you only got the information's from the site then there might be a chance that they simply didn't update it yet. The news are pretty much in a lot of bitcoin blogs and not RT only (which is also a reliable and credible source)

Look, here is Restaurant in Rostov on Don, and there exist payment processor in BTC from april 2017.

"Rostov-papa"

http://xn--80aag1cacbjkk.xn--p1ai/

On the end of the page is a link to BTC payment procesor/exchanger, it release a payment certificate in local currency and it accepted there.

https://www.oplata.info/asp2/pay_options.asp?id_d=2303073&cart_uid=&ai=&ae=&failpage=https%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eoplata%2Einfo%2Fasp2%2Fpay_wm%2Easp%3Fid_d%3D2303073

http://VKcams.com/ - FREE Sex Video BITCOIN Chat
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2017, 05:44:43 PM

Well this is expected since it is legal to use bitcoin in Russia, and I think we can see more stores in Russia accepting bitcoin as a payment soon. I just hope more countries will follow Russia in legalizing bitcoin.
Bitcoin used as the payment method in Burger King is not expected at all. Bitcoin is not forbidden in Russian but that doesn't mean it is legalised, it is still grey area to for tax Russian tax office

Strictly speaking, it is not so

The Russian Tax Service declared their position toward Bitcoin in an official letter that they published in November, 2016 (if I'm not mistaken). I posted a link to it somewhere around here once it had been published, though I don't remember in which thread exactly. It basically says that Bitcoin is a sort of foreign currency and any foreign currency transactions should be conducted via authorized banks but since no bank is going to get involved with Bitcoin (due to lack of the laws regulating Bitcoin circulation), Bitcoin is none of their business either. So it is no longer a gray area (at least, not in respect to taxes) if we could interpret the letter in this way

Yuliya_Matscykh

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 09:07:53 PM

Burger for bitcoin, here we go people but too bad it's only on Russia this will make bitcoin add's popularity.

Waiting for other restaurants locally to accept bitcoin. I think it will be only a test phase for Burger king Russia.

Once it gets successful they will adopt worldwide.

I do not think that this will be a successful step. I am sure that this is only a marketing effect to attract media attention.
Mbah Tyo

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

1st of May

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 10:47:31 PM

Burger for bitcoin, here we go people but too bad it's only on Russia this will make bitcoin add's popularity.

Waiting for other restaurants locally to accept bitcoin. I think it will be only a test phase for Burger king Russia.

I do not think that this will be a successful step. I am sure that this is only a marketing effect to attract media attention.

At least there has been an attempt to succeed and whether or not it is most important later that there is a marketing business while in payment will still use fiat and bitcoin money, so the business will still running even bitcoin users are still rare

▄████ ████▄
      ▄█████▀   ▀█████▄
   ▄█████▀  ▄█ █▄▄ ▀█████▄
▄█████▀    ███ ████▄▄ ▀█████▄
███▀  ▄    ███ ███████▄▄ ▀███
███ ▄██    ███ ███▀▀█████ ███
███ ███    ███ ███   ▀███ ███
███ ███▄▄▄▄███ ███    ███ ███
███ ██████████ ███        ███
███ ███▀▀▀▀███ ███    ███ ███
███ ███    ███ ███   ▄███ ███
███ ▀██    ███ ███▄▄████▀ ███
███▄  ▀    ███ ███████▀  ▄███
▀█████▄    ███ ████▀  ▄█████▀
   ▀█████▄  ▀█ █▀  ▄█████▀
      ▀█████▄   ▄█████▀
         ▀████ ████▀
Hash

▄▄ ▄▄
     ██ ██
   ▄▄█████▄▄
  ███▀▀▀▀▀███
 ██▀       ▀██
██▀         ▀▀
██
██▄         ▄▄
 ██▄       ▄██
  ███▄▄▄▄▄███
   ▀▀█████▀▀
     ██ ██
     ▀▀ ▀▀
ard

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
REVOLUTIONISING HOW YOU USE CREDIT & DEBIT CARDS
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

JOIN
WHITELIST
aeternus

Activity: 686

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 04:39:06 AM

Source: https://cointelegraph.com/news/burger-king-to-accept-bitcoin-in-russia-this-summer

So yeah, hopefully McDonald, Dominos pizza, and many others will follow after this. I thought that this kind of decisions are taken by the creators of the franchise but It looks like It's not since It's starting on Russia.
Now we can finally buy burgers in Russia with bitcoin instead of trying the local food? Yay Tongue, but seriously any news like this is good news but I don’t have any plans to visit Russia so I will not be able to get advantage of this.
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 05:17:06 AM

Source: https://cointelegraph.com/news/burger-king-to-accept-bitcoin-in-russia-this-summer

So yeah, hopefully McDonald, Dominos pizza, and many others will follow after this. I thought that this kind of decisions are taken by the creators of the franchise but It looks like It's not since It's starting on Russia.
Now we can finally buy burgers in Russia with bitcoin instead of trying the local food? Yay Tongue, but seriously any news like this is good news but I don’t have any plans to visit Russia so I will not be able to get advantage of this.

Yeah, hopefully Burger king is able to implement the same sort of thing in countries such as the United States. It seems like that after Russia's government decided to announce their plan to legalize bitcoin fully by 2020, a lot of merchants have opened up to this new technology. Seriously, when is the US going to at least regulate bitcoin so that merchants can use it? I mean, regulation isn't necessarily a good thing for bitcoin, but at least it gets more people using it.

Maybe it is, but implementing bitcoin is so cheap anyways, and all you need to do is get a bitcoin wallet, and stick up the QR code for transactions. Easy as that. It's a win win situation, Burger King gets positive publicity, and so does bitcoin in russia.
vitaliikho

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 05:28:13 AM

Cool, almost every day I hear news about what now in some place you can pay bitkoinami. A few more years at such a pace and bitcoins can be paid everywhere
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 07:15:11 AM

Cool, almost every day I hear news about what now in some place you can pay bitkoinami. A few more years at such a pace and bitcoins can be paid everywhere
That is not too far to happen because if you know the country of Japan then you can pay bitcoins there in almost all the stores because their government already make bitcoin as a legal currency and a lot of stores and people now are using it in paying things that they bought from stores or any restaurants in their country, bitcoin will become worldwide accepted if the good news and the increase of price will continue.
flower1024
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 07:29:51 AM

That is not too far to happen because if you know the country of Japan then you can pay bitcoins there in almost all the stores because their government already make bitcoin as a legal currency and a lot of stores and people now are using it in paying things that they bought from stores or any restaurants in their country, bitcoin will become worldwide accepted if the good news and the increase of price will continue.
It is good news the Japan at least took initiate and allowed people to use bitcoin in daily life. Now one by one all country will allow their people to use bitcoin in daily life. But for this, we need some time it maybe takes min 5 years. I think after 5 years at least 30% of countries all over the world will accept bitcoin. This is just my opinion, but maybe it is possible.
Humanxlemming

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 07:34:03 AM

Wow its kinda funny but hell yeah. Burger king is one of my favorite restaurant. But I'm not a Russian Citizen but what if bitcoin implies in all restaurant that accepts bitcoin as a money to buy their foods thats super cool. I hope the world sees this article. Can't wait for this one to happen and I'll pray for this one.
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 07:54:57 AM

Wow its kinda funny but hell yeah. Burger king is one of my favorite restaurant. But I'm not a Russian Citizen but what if bitcoin implies in all restaurant that accepts bitcoin as a money to buy their foods thats super cool. I hope the world sees this article. Can't wait for this one to happen and I'll pray for this one.

Russia accepts bitcoin I think it can only be apply to countries that accept bitcoin as a whole but let's just see if that would happen because burger king is a company and they can sure implement if they can accept bitcoin in all burger kind branches nationwide, and I am looking forward for that time to come in our country eating at burger king while using my phone as a wallet to pay for our order I think there would be many customers that would think how did I do that because I never see bitcoin in my country that viral and well known.
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 07:51:45 PM

We should all pester our local burger king to take them as well. That is how you make it happen.
Annoying them is not a step to allow bitcoin. Introduction is a best step to introduce bitcoin in a local burger king. Not just in a local burger king. Introduce Bitcoin to all those shops which are famous. All those services who are famous then our government will take an action to allow bitcoin. So bitcoin will be accept to exchange serve and good in a whole country.
kriptotr

Activity: 249

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 08:20:32 PM

Accepting bitcoin for food services does not seem realistic to me. The reason is obvious. How can you expect your transaction to get confirmed after you ordered something?
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6114

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 06:43:34 AM

Accepting bitcoin for food services does not seem realistic to me. The reason is obvious. How can you expect your transaction to get confirmed after you ordered something?

Well, I'm not sure about the mechanism honestly but this could be fixed with the Lightning network in the future. As for now, they may not require any number of confirmations but again, that could lead into some serious losses. I don't see anyone trying to scam for such a small amounts though.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Kethamine

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 08:33:58 AM

Using Bitcoin in areas where almost all kinds of people Come in, is a great step in making Bitcoin well known in the entire world.
Hopefully famous malls and other store will start to follow this great new trend in mode of payment.
bawga

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

communitypool

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 08:35:17 AM

I can see a lot of traffic there.  Grin

aoluain
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1256

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 08:52:24 AM

im not so sure that you can pay for goods in Japan in "almost all the stores"
Jpana has only recentlyrecognised BTC as a form of payment, it will be a
while yet before "almost all the stores" implenent the acceptance of BTC

Burger King to accept BTC is definitely good news, if it happens, but its
good news and surely to hit main stream media as some point, which is also good!

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
kpcian

Activity: 826
Merit: 529

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 10:01:55 AM

Great news for the Bitcoin holder...
I always hopeful about Bitcoin that it will be accepted all the way in the future, it's a beginning for the new era, day by day Bitcoin is becoming a popular currency around the world, so that another franchisee will accept Bitcoin as a payment tool...
autoria

Activity: 51
Merit: 10

Autoria.io, Rise Above the Rest

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2017, 12:51:20 PM

Great news for the Bitcoin holder...
I always hopeful about Bitcoin that it will be accepted all the way in the future, it's a beginning for the new era, day by day Bitcoin is becoming a popular currency around the world, so that another franchisee will accept Bitcoin as a payment tool...

It helps that russia is really at the forefront of crypto-adoption these days. Who knew burger king was so innovative? We're definitely considering working with them to be a merchant partner!

—Autoria, Rise Above the Rest.— (http://www.autoria.io)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: